PDA

View Full Version : Relationships

ForeverJoseph
03-30-2008, 17:45:42
this thread is where you get advice, and just talk about any kind of relationships like: friendships, boyfriend & girlfrien relationships.... any!

Added by Moderation:

Please be sure to keep all talk appropriate, and follow the forum RULES. (http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?p=452772#post452772) :)

Volkoronado
03-31-2008, 10:14:44
I'm not really fond of this, but I have a question.
What age would you consider you should be to establish a really valuable relationship?

humphryboop
04-05-2008, 05:58:43
My boyfriend go to parties and gets drunk, and then comes home with another girl.
He doesn't talk to me for a week, and then he comes over to my house for no reason.
And listening to a song that describes him, WON'T HELP!

Crimsonthread
04-05-2008, 19:19:59
Humph, you're nine years old. If your boyfriend is coming home drunk, he sounds too old for you. I'm not trying to be the nagging adult here, but hon, don't worry about boyfriends at your age. Plus, no matter the age difference, he doesn't seem like he's worth the heartache. Dump him and move on. :hug2:

humphryboop
04-05-2008, 19:25:48
lol, yeah
it was his 21st birthday, after all :P

Adventure
04-05-2008, 19:29:57
I completely concur with Crimson, with everything she said.
Please dump him, hon. :hug2:

Edit: I don't think this is funny, Humphry. :( I am very shocked to read this and honestly I hope you are making this all up.

Hitman
04-05-2008, 19:59:42
I'm not really fond of this, but I have a question.
What age would you consider you should be to establish a really valuable relationship?

The older, the better. :haha:

Volkoronado
04-05-2008, 20:04:31
*Stares at the screen*
What!?
Nods @ Humphry: Dump him.
I dislike men like that. They give us ALL a bad name. :mad:

@Hitman
Lol, so far, so good! :D
That's what I've come to think too... seriously it's not that I'm being selfish but... people nowadays just isn't worth the pain of social interaction. It's more like torture to me.
I guess I just haven't found the right girl, and by my standards, guess I never will, because I am a romantic, lunatic, renaissance man that hopes for a girl like that to appear.
Yes.. *daydreams* :)

humphryboop
04-05-2008, 20:09:54
Why would I make something like this up?

Crimsonthread
04-05-2008, 20:20:11
Because it's insane (and dangerous) for you to date someone 13 years older than you.

Hitman
04-05-2008, 20:33:38
*Stares at the screen*
What!?
Nods @ Humphry: Dump him.
I dislike men like that. They give us ALL a bad name. :mad:

@Hitman
Lol, so far, so good! :D
That's what I've come to think too... seriously it's not that I'm being selfish but... people nowadays just isn't worth the pain of social interaction. It's more like torture to me.
I guess I just haven't found the right girl, and by my standards, guess I never will, because I am a romantic, lunatic, renaissance man that hopes for a girl like that to appear.
Yes.. *daydreams* :)

Just bring a couple of beers and join the club! :haha:
Really, I'm a romantic myself. This ''modern-love'' thing it just isn't my type of... thing.

DuckBoy
04-05-2008, 23:49:06
Because it's insane (and dangerous) for you to date someone 13 years older than you.

have to agree with this unless humph is not telling the truth about her actual age.

No nine year old should even be looking at a 21 year old as a BOYFRIEND. (or girlfriend for that matter) in a serious manner like this. Makes me wonder if the 21 year old is even aware of it.. to boot it would be illegal for the 21 year old to be running around with such a young girlfriend...

Prove me wrong...

humphryboop
04-06-2008, 15:26:31
Guess what guys!

i dumped him! :D

RC-10M
04-06-2008, 15:39:56
congrats :hug2:

Volkoronado
04-06-2008, 18:55:37
Congratulations. :)

Ratgirl111
04-07-2008, 01:28:12
i need some help

i was a a ranch for a band trip and there was this girl i know lets call her bobo and i took her rabbit with a girl lets call her popo i was outside for 1 min and then came to give it back me and " popo" agreed that she was over reacting so i went to tell my other friends ( now ex friends ) lets call them Koko and soso so they made me go and say srry which they didnt her so soso started getting up in my face which i didint like so i told her stop and she got up in my face again so i went to say srry to bobo as she was clossing a closet door( oh ya she was in a closet) and they didnet hear me so i got frusterated and went into my bunk bed to calm down. and they other girls popo koko and soso staarted telling bobo what a horrible mean person i was. when i layed on my bed crying they said oh look blank( i am going to be called blank) is crying and walked away. i wrote them a note saying they needed to apoligize and they worte one back sayig i needed to apoligize to bobo i wrote a note explaining what happened and they wrote 1 back saying what a bad and horrible person i was later they wrote 1 saing no one in the world likes me so that made me cry what so i do oh and i made up with the girl who i took they bunny from so we ok now but i not about to let the other girls intill they apoligize

what do u guys think i should do dhould i apoligize to the other 2 girls or not and do u guys think this makes me a bad person

Mistery
04-07-2008, 02:21:03
Ugh, that's a weird and sad story :(

Hmmm, it's not easy to tell you what to do.
But from what you have described, this was a situation where this girl probably overreacted a bit (although probably it would have been better to ask her first if she agreed that you took her rabbit outside), and then everyone joined her without really knowing what happened, and then - feeling strong as a group - they started to stand against you until the situation escalated even more.

I'm glad to hear that you could sort it out with the girl with whom you initially had the issue. :)

I don't really see a reason why you should apologize to the others. You say that you've been friends - maybe you all could meet somewhere to have a drink, and then try to get over it.
It seems that everyone has been very emotional at the time when this issue happened, so maybe with some distance (I don't know how long it's been) you can talk about it, and agree that probably all of you should have behaved differently (you could have asked for permission to take the rabbit outside, your friends could have stayed a bit more calm). Perhaps you all are able to agree that your friendship is enough worth to keep it, and that one very emotional situation shouldn't destroy it.
Well, this is as I see it, maybe others have some other ideas about it. Good luck, I hope that you all can work it out soon :hug2:

Ratgirl111
04-07-2008, 04:50:32
i can really talk 2 talk cuz they all really mad at me (exept soso we getting better friends) and they rote a note saying not to try to make up i really cant see the friends ship being brought back together and it makes me sad to say but i kinda dopnt want to be friends with them after the notes cuz they wrote one saying how they have hated me since grade 3 and we in grade 6 so i nought sure i can forgive them cuz they started spreading romers around so bad some people started taking my stuff and messing it around and kicking my things out side

Volkoronado
04-07-2008, 04:50:49
I expected nothing less from you Mistery, this is kind of the same advice I gave her.
Man, I'm in some deep issues right now. I'm kinda sad, I don't know what's going on, I can't 'feel' anything about myself or others, and I end up hurting people. I don't really care about it either.
Thing is, I'm feeling kinda alone and stuff, and though I party a lot with my friends (which is always very cool and I enjoy it a lot), I just don't feel satisfied and am really confused about what is it really that I'm meant to do with my life.
Just needed to yell it out somewhere, thanks guys. :(

Mistery
04-07-2008, 05:06:36
@Ratgirl
I'm sorry to hear that - I was hoping that you all could work it out somehow, since you've been friends before. :S
Hmmm, it's strange if they try to bring others up against you - and that the others behave now so mean to you because of that :(
Warm :hug2: to you.
Do you have other friends in that group or class (I don't know who the other people are) who can give you support?

@Volkoronado
I'm sorry to hear that :(
I think that many people experience such a phase (or several) in their lives. It's tough, and can also be scary. As long as you can still have some fun with your friends, and don't loose interest in everything, it's kind of normal. Perhaps there is someone from your family or friends with whom you can talk about it?
However if it lasts long, and you get really worried about it, it's maybe a good idea to decide to go to a counceling service.
Hugs to you, too :hug2:

Volkoronado
04-07-2008, 05:16:13
Well it has happened several times before.
However, it's been fine, it IS like a phase...
It's just that everytime it occurs, I just feel really down, and everything just seems so simple, so vain... I don't know.
As long as I don't start hearing voices I know I'll be fine lol
I always start thinking stuff... like the meaning of life, or what am I supposed to do...
I've been talking to my best friend about it, she supports me and always tries to cheer me up, I always help her too. But then again... I don't know.
I'll keep it cool, I guess.. not worth worrying if I ain't loosing control.
Thank you for your words Mistery.

Ratgirl111
04-07-2008, 05:25:19
ya i got a couple of people that arnet in my class buyt school the will suport me thanks for the hug Mistery i do hope my situation doesnt get worse cuz there r still people at school for the group of peoiple to tell anyway night all

Volkoronado
04-07-2008, 05:26:57
Night Ratgirl, hope everything works out fine :D

fallen_kitten
04-07-2008, 05:28:27
this is a different kind of topic...

i would like to ask some questions... special to boys...

if you really love a girl, would you still mind of her past?
even if she had so many bf before?

and how will you show her that you love her so much

Volkoronado
04-07-2008, 05:35:46
I love these questions.
Well I abide by the saying that goes 'gentlemen have no memory' meaning that when you really love someone, you don't care about the past.
However, nowadays, 'love' itself is different, and so people acts in very inappropiate ways.
If this girl did nothing really bad or that I dislike (that I should really know of), I don't care about the past, all in my mind is that I love her.
How would I show her? Well, I'd invite her to the movies, to dinner, I'd write poems, songs, go to her house even if it was 2 miles away walking (I've done this before), set up a huge banner that said 'I love you' outside her house at 5AM so she'd see it in the morning (done it too), talk to her a lot, know her family, her friends, do stuff that she likes, tell her what I dislike about her, sort out any problems that could arise, etc. I could go on and on forever.
But sadly, not many girls appreciate that nowadays, and thus we get to sit and wait for that ideal girl to show up *sigh*
Anyway, that's what I do, did, or would do.
A toast for the forgotten gentlemen of GH!

fallen_kitten
04-07-2008, 05:42:45
I love these questions.
Well I abide by the saying that goes 'gentlemen have no memory' meaning that when you really love someone, you don't care about the past.
However, nowadays, 'love' itself is different, and so people acts in very inappropiate ways.
If this girl did nothing really bad or that I dislike (that I should really know of), I don't care about the past, all in my mind is that I love her.
How would I show her? Well, I'd invite her to the movies, to dinner, I'd write poems, songs, go to her house even if it was 2 miles away walking (I've done this before), set up a huge banner that said 'I love you' outside her house at 5AM so she'd see it in the morning (done it too), talk to her a lot, know her family, her friends, do stuff that she likes, tell her what I dislike about her, sort out any problems that could arise, etc. I could go on and on forever.
But sadly, not many girls appreciate that nowadays, and thus we get to sit and wait for that ideal girl to show up *sigh*
Anyway, that's what I do, did, or would do.
A toast for the forgotten gentlemen of GH!

awww that is so sweet.. i hope my bf does it to me to...

he is absolutely the opposite...

he would say he dont like my past
he would not take me to a date.. even this coming 6th monthsary (the 6 months rule..)
he would complain of coming here at our place
he comes late about 7 pm, and his curfew in our place is 9
and he would always ask me to treat him...

but i cant let him go.. i love him so much..

all i want for him to do is to show his love for me...

dats all...

but i cant feel it...

maybe sometimes...

when i brag about it!! :mad:

Volkoronado
04-07-2008, 05:47:52
Lol that's what I don't understand about girls nowadays.
They always date guys that make them suffer... and they just can't 'let them go'.
Their choice.
Anyway that's one of life's greatest mysteries in my opinion.
One thing is clear kitten: people NEVER changes. (I've got 4 friends who always get boyfriends like this and always end up the same, I just can't understand it, but it's way fun to observe and analyze this sort of situations :D)

fallen_kitten
04-07-2008, 06:09:49
i sometimes look at this kind of people as kittens...

at first they would look like harmless loving kittens that needs a owner..

and you adopt them...

and you learn to love them...

you feed them, care for them...

but after a while...

they change...

they turn to something you dont expect...

sigh...

they start scratching you, biting you...
and when u dont give much attention... they run away..
when you give too much attention... they also run away..

humphryboop
04-07-2008, 20:25:48
My RP character is currently dating a 17 year old.........
I am 9, but I rp as a 15 year old O.o

Lilliputt
04-07-2008, 20:52:52
I would not let a nine year old date at all, Humphry. Perhaps I am old fashioned :$

humphryboop
04-07-2008, 20:56:12
:$ lolz
he is soooooooooo nice though!
you can meet him if you wants lolz :$

Lilliputt
04-07-2008, 21:01:44
I so hope we are talking about a CAT :P

humphryboop
04-07-2008, 21:05:23
nope.
actual guy lolz.
he IS here. and I DO have two CATS.
lolz
srsly you can meet him if yah wants

Mistery
04-07-2008, 21:11:05
Well, all I can say is that 9 is definitely too early to date someone.

Lilliputt
04-07-2008, 21:13:41
I am just wondering what you mean by "he is here" Humphry. Do you mean where you live, or do you have him online like on MSN?
Also, methinks the alien is again being very wise :)

humphryboop
04-07-2008, 21:16:26
he is here, at my house lolz

Lilliputt
04-07-2008, 21:25:35
Are your parents home too? I suppose they have met him, right? :?

humphryboop
04-07-2008, 21:27:18
My dad is home, and YES they have, after all, I am only 9

invincible
04-07-2008, 21:29:53
@humphry *gets dizzy* wow! you could be in the guinness book of world records for:
1 dating at a young age
2 dating with someone 8 years older!

Lilliputt
04-07-2008, 21:30:04
Ahh... good. Methinks dads at home are good ta have :D

doglover
04-07-2008, 21:30:27
I agree with Mistery and Lilli. I find it that 9 is a little too early to start dating.

Have your parents agreed with this dating of yours? :?

humphryboop
04-07-2008, 21:37:04
lolz yes
I am going to break up with him soon though.......

jenni.p123
04-07-2008, 21:48:50
Well this is quite unbelieve to be honest with you. I mean, i cannot imagine a 17 year old dating a 9 year old. :S And as Adventure said, I really do hope that you are making this up. :S Young girls should be out playing with their friends not hanging around with guys that age, i'm sorry but i had to express my opinion, I know i'm still young myself but this still shocks me.

jack
04-07-2008, 22:01:03
I really hope you're making this up too humphrey. A 17 year old dating a nine year old is not cool, its just dangerous and wrong on many levels. You should be hanging out with friends your own age and avoid people like that altogether.

humphryboop
04-07-2008, 22:03:41
He just broke up with me because he read this
LOLZ
IDC and IDK

Volkoronado
04-07-2008, 23:37:50
I know of a girl 14 years old that dates a guy aged 26. That's just WAY over the limit.

Heartofthedark
04-08-2008, 00:23:22
I find that children that are younger then me worry too much about dating and such, I think its the televisions fault I mean I don't even worry about dating yet my motto is once im outta school then i'll start because its better to be worried about school work then relationships :) I find it hilarious when I visit other elementary schools or hear girls saying things like "Oh yeah hes so hot and I wish I was dating him" when they are 10-11 years old! I mean they should be having fun not worrying about relationships :S Thats just my opinion

Volkoronado
04-08-2008, 00:25:20
Yes, totally agree. It's the dawn of civilization.

Jones
04-08-2008, 01:18:55
It's kind of funny and sad at the same time to hear kids in like 5th grade say that they're "goin' out". Yeah, their parents drove them out to the mall; they're catching on to something now....
(opinion)

Volkoronado
04-08-2008, 01:33:52
Yup, and they're all geared up with cell phones and mp3 players and stuff that yells out: 'Hey I'm a 5th grader, come rob me".
They plague the movie theatres, malls, restaurants and what not. That's just... wrong. In my opinion.

Jones
04-08-2008, 01:37:15
Well, I think that they have a privilege to have that stuff I just think they abuse it sometimes. ;)

Volkoronado
04-08-2008, 01:51:00
It IS a privilege for them, but they act like they have the absolute right to own all that stuff when they can't even solve a simple equation. Nor can they measure the danger of the world around them. That's reckless. Both on their side and the parents'.

Jones
04-08-2008, 01:52:50
Yeah, but what are you gonna do. I'm a seventh grader and I don't see a real need for cell phones (except for security; I have one, but only for that. nothing fancy) and all that stuff.

fallen_kitten
04-08-2008, 03:57:15
i can't see the logic why you have to date on a very young age...

just an opinion...

little girls like you should go play... being in a relationship is not all fun... it needs alot of responsibility...

and i think a 17 yrs old is way off the limit!!! as a 17 (turning 17 actually :wink:) year old teenager.. teenagers specially at my age have largely different point of view than a 9 yr old child..

and boys nowadays are way too liberated for you... im telling you...

enjoy your childhood, it's the best of what you've got right now..
even puberty... when you enter puberty, relationship is not a requirement...

meow...

humphryboop
04-08-2008, 03:58:29
meow........
Lol I dumped him when one of my friends (sandbox) was talking to him

fallen_kitten
04-08-2008, 04:06:36
and about those ultra gadget packed kids...

it's not wrong for a kid to have a cellphone... but having mp3, psp, ipods etc..

its just way off the ordinary!!! :o
i have a brother (8y/o) who have this psp... so addicted to it!!!

i also see kids who should be with their parents...

but they're at the mall.. with their own partners...

and when i try to observe them... they just glare at me like they're telling me "what ya looking at!?"

pesky brats... i hate when they do that... just want to spank them.. :p

Volkoronado
04-08-2008, 04:51:44
I always observe people. They are quite amusing on different circumstances. I enjoy looking at the way they react and interact with others. They're so... I don't know, interesting I guess. Everyone is a little funny world.
Anyway, anyone below 15 years old shouldn't even care about relationships. Bottom line.

fallen_kitten
04-08-2008, 05:06:25
i know that the only constant on this world is change... but the generation gap is growing larger and larger... my that's it.. the generation gap... even us teenagers dont understand children specially preteens... they feel like they are teenagers..

fallen_kitten
04-08-2008, 05:25:59
i honestly... hate... myself...

my boyfrend... became the opposite of what i wanted... T-T

Crimsonthread
04-08-2008, 11:39:30
Don't hate yourself, hon... if he's turned out to be not what you wanted, then someone else will come along who will be. Someone who will love you for who you are. Don't settle for less than that. :hug2:

Volkoronado
04-08-2008, 22:43:34
Yeah, wouldn't be fun at all if people always acted the way we wanted them too. I for one, would be very bored. Although I'm stuck within my own paradox, so far no one has truly impressed me enough to fall in love (thus I AM very bored lol). Anyway as far as I look at other people, girls have the tendency to choose guys who would treat them badly, not value them enough or have them like prizes (why girls do this is beyond my comprehension, it's one of life's greatest mysteries in my opinion. Perhaps it's genetics or something, I don't know)
And if a youngster ever tries to show off in front of his friends and starts insulting me or something along those lines, I scare the hell out of him (I never use violence, though). I'm a pacifist, self-centered, collected guy, but I ain't gonna let a dumb kid mock me in any way. I don't even let adults treat me like a teenager since I'm 15, I've got the brains and the cleverness to back up my maturity.
I know every person is different, but the things I've lived and all the situations I've been through (I'm diabetic, my parents are divorced, and a looooong fruitful etc.) have shown me a lot about life and taught me about responsibility, courage, honesty and pretty much made me a brainiac :P

fallen_kitten
04-09-2008, 08:33:23
life is always unfair... they give you what you don't want... sigh... but that's life... we can't fight with it.. or else.. we wont have something right now..

JustinBearPriss
04-10-2008, 21:54:09
Sometimes I meet someone new and dont have time for my best friends when im making my new relationship stronger, and then for weeks my best friends act like im a stranger!

Volkoronado
04-10-2008, 23:28:27
Well a wise saying goes something like men & women stop meeting other men & women respectively when they're in love. However, if they ARE your best friends not only are they meant to understand but also tu support you on your new relationship. I know I'd do that for a friend and expect them to do the same.

fallen_kitten
04-12-2008, 07:13:15
this is just a suggestion...

why not introduce your partner to your bestfriends? try bonding together...

:wink:

nefertiti
04-12-2008, 21:23:07
Ok, so about the 5th graders packed with technology- i`m in the 7th grade and i only have a cellphone with just a camera and a crappy portable radio, coz i luv music...

About hating yourself- i`m a cutting emo, and i hate the haters, c`mon we`re justt stressed people, but none the less- still people, jeeez, and my point is, the only ones keeping me from suicide are you ppl, on the net(not the haters,duh) but you, the ones who care... and my sister i guess, but she`s on the brim of nervous brakedown (fight with boyfriend and his family) and she lives with them, so tough luck... but i also hate myself....

every night i enjoy going to sleep, the nice slumber in the comfy bed-my only way to escape the real world. so, if i don`t come on for more then a week, count me as dead ;]

they say: the emo got a shitty day and went to cut, i say it: livin` la vida loco

humphryboop
04-12-2008, 21:31:59
this is just a suggestion...

why not introduce your partner to your bestfriends? try bonding together...

:wink:

If I do that with the people on THIS forum...... well......... I would have to use MSN xD

fallen_kitten
04-13-2008, 05:35:13
If I do that with the people on THIS forum...... well......... I would have to use MSN xD

oh... i thought at your place.. well.. if that's over the net... then it would really be hard...

now i dont have any ideas.. hehehe

Mistery
04-15-2008, 07:44:21
Nefertiti, I'm sad to hear how you feel about yourself.
I don't know in what situation you are living, and there may be problems around you which are difficult to deal with. I think everyone of us has things that we like at ourselves and other things that we don't like that much, but it concerns me to hear you say that you hate yourself. I'm also concerned to hear that you seem to be so unhappy that you cut yourself. I wish you could find soon another way to deal with the problems in your life - your life is too precious to put it at danger. I'm sure that you're a very nice person, and that there are many people who like you.

I find it good that you can talk to people on the net about it, and also hope that there are persons in real-life around you with whom you can talk about your problems.
I know that it's difficult - and especially at your age - to consider a more professional counseling service to get help and advice. And I don't even know if such a counseling is available where you live. So this just as an idea for you to think about :)

What we can offer you (and everyone else of course) on this forums, are these things: if you need to let out something, you can post about it here (http://gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6969), if you just would like to chat with others, you can visit the Chit Chat (http://gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9375) thread. And you can get some distraction from problems around you by playing the online (http://gamershood.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)or the forum games (http://gamershood.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51).

I hope so much that you will feel happier soon, and maybe even can tell us something positive in the Good News (http://gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8299) thread.
Lots of warm hugs to you :hug2:

EscapeGirl
04-15-2008, 08:05:02
I'm also very sorry to hear about the feelings you've been having, Nef. :sad: I don't have much to add as I think Mistery has covered it well. If you're able, I hope you can talk to a counselor or a parent or someone who can help you and give you some advice. There are many ways to help you cope with problems through difficult times. I hope things get better for you soon. :hug2: If you need to PM me to talk, please feel free. :)

jenni.p123
04-15-2008, 11:16:07
Everything has already been said but if you need anyone to talk to, Nef, we are ALL here for you, just remember that :) :hug2::hug2::hug2:

TheImpQueen
04-18-2008, 20:04:19
Uh, I don't usually ask for advice, as I like to solve my own problems, but I kinda need you guys to help me out - if you can.
There's this guy at school who I'm friends with - I'll call him S- and it's recently come up that he 'likes' me in that way. I don't like him like that - I like this other guy, but I'm not gonna go into that - but I don't want to stop being friends with him. The problem is, one of my other friends -who I'll call 'A'- told me over MSN that S wants to ask me out. Now, I don't want to go out with him, 'cause I want to wait 'till after my yr 9 SATS (comin' up in May argghhh) before I even start looking for a boyf. But I don't want to hurt his feelings (cause even tho' I can be teh evils I can also be teh niceness) or stop being friends....

Any thoughts?

...xTIQ

ForeverJoseph
04-22-2008, 01:18:20
wow my thread got accepted kool

impqueen:tell him that you dont like him and then ask if you guyz can still be frends thats wat id do.

TheImpQueen
04-30-2008, 08:41:20
Thanks for the advice party! I told him I didn't like him like that...and it worked, kinda. Now he's trying to get one of my other friends to help him stalk me. But he's been threatened with ahem castration if he tries it, sooooo, yeah. But thankees anyway.

x...TIQ