PDA

View Full Version : Coursework game feedback

Elni
04-08-2008, 16:14:19
My dear friends,

(I hope I post it in the right subforum LOL )
Once more I need your help with one of my courseworks. Part of the team coursework is to evaluate a game created by another member of the team. The link is here:
http://www.freewebs.com/ellikyni/flashdancer.htm

The porspuse of the game is to use the arrow keys and press them when the arrow represent them hit the markers at the top screan. If you missed the life points reduced.
I created this page just for the purpose of the coursework. I need you honest opinion and if possible to have as meny replies as possible. The question need to be answered are:

Age of player

1) In what level you consider your self is by playing such games?

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Beginner Intermediate Expert

2) How often do you play games and how many hours do you spend on them?

Daily:
Weekly:
Monthly:
I don’t play games

3) What did you like about the above game?

4) What did you dislike?

5)Was it easy to understand the controls and learn how to play it?

6) Did the colures of the game confusing (as some people cannot see some colures)?

7)What other comments would you like to make (for example how to improve it, what to change, or not change anything, any comments at all)

If you have any further comments please do post them :D

I would like to thank you in advance for your help

Elni the GH chicken

Mistery
04-08-2008, 16:41:40
Yes, there is a block problem :P

I'll try it later :)

Elni
04-08-2008, 16:47:50
Problem solve Mystery (I hope :) )

Mistery
04-08-2008, 16:52:50
Yep, it works now :)

Ah, it's like those music games!

Question to 1: Does it mean how good I am in such games? And do I need to give both: a rating between 0 and 10 plus the beginner/intermediate/expert? Or just one of them?

I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure how it is meant :$

Elni
04-08-2008, 16:57:05
Sorry my fault I should had explain better :$
I prefer in numbers. From scale o to 10 how good you are. 0 is the beginner, 5 is the intermediate and expert goes to 10

Mistery
04-08-2008, 17:13:08

1. I would say in such games I'm at level 3

2. I play games daily (but not such ones)

3. It's cute :)

4. I'm not sure at what screen size this game is supposed to be played. At that small size as you have it on your homepage currently, it is very difficult to see and play it. Especially I've missed a lot of arrows that were moving behind the character.
I also tried in fullscreen (with the direct link of the flash file) once, to see if this made any difference. And it made a very big difference - with the big screen, I saw it much better and had a clearly higher score.
The character is sometimes in the way, which makes it more difficult I think.

5. It was easy to understand how this game works.

6. I did not have problems with the colors.

7. My personal suggestions:
- music would make it more fun
- a restart button would be very useful - after the game is over
- This game should be embedded in a bigger size than it currently is on your homepage.

Elni
04-08-2008, 17:20:23
Thanks for you help Mystery :hug2:

The game supposed to be in a full screen but for some reasons I cannot merge it to show bigger. I'll try to fix it somehow, otherwise I need to find another way for posting it.

Mistery
04-08-2008, 17:24:27
Ah, then this game is nice to play :)

You should change the settings in the source code of your page:
width="320" height="240">
is too small, you should add a multiple of it (640 and 480, or even better 800 and 600)

EscapeGirl
04-09-2008, 10:37:58
My age: 29

1. Level 3

2. I play games less frequently right now. More chatting or other things. So I would say:

Weekly: 2 -5 times per week.

3. I really like the game Dance, Dance Revolution and this is like a keyboard version of it. :) So I found that quite fun.

4. I had a difficult time seeing a few of the arrows due to the little character hopping in the way of them. But that's all. (I do agree with Mistery about the size, though. I hope you can get that fixed in your scripting. :))

5. It was very easy to learn. Harder to do on my laptop than a PC, I bet, though. The keys on my laptop are so tiny and close together. :P

6. I actually LIKED the colors. :)

7. I would change the dancing character to maybe be a bit smaller so you can see the arrows more clearly before they reach the target. I would also like to see some kinda of dance music to accompany the game. :) (And, again, I agree with Mistery about the REPLAY button. ;))

Overall...nice little game. And I think it can get a bit addicting. :$ Good luck with your coursework. :hug2:

Elni
04-09-2008, 11:34:44
I fixed the size problem ;)
Now is much better thanks for your help Mystery and Escape. I'm glad you both liked it :D

Mistery
04-09-2008, 18:12:00
Thanks, this way it is much easier to play :D

(But the character jumps sometimes really in front of some arrows, so that they can't be seen well, even with the bigger screen :P)

Btw, I've edited my post above with my age - sorry, forgot :$

jack
04-09-2008, 18:21:40
I PMed you my survey Elni. Nice little game.

ShiningStar
04-09-2008, 19:35:33

1)um maybe 5

2) I play Daily

3)I thought it was a very cute game nice graphics :)

4)the only thing I didn't like was when the character jumps you can't see the arrows behind her.

5)The controls and concept was very easy to understand very clear :)

6)No problem with the colors, I liked them :P

7) Like others have said I would make the character a little smaller or change it so the character doesn't jump :)
maybe a restart button
not sure if there were other levels but maybe add level, like the more levels you go the faster or harder it gets :)

Crimsonthread
04-10-2008, 00:33:02
Age of player--25

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Hehe... probably a 2 or 3.

Games in general? Usually about 1 hour a day.

Nice layout/graphics.

4) What did you dislike?
I'm not much of a DDR person. :haha: Plus, it makes my head hurt more (but it was hurting before I started playing)

Yes

6) Did the colures of the game confusing (as some people cannot see some colures)?
No.

7)What other comments would you like to make (for example how to improve it, what to change, or not change anything, any comments at all)

No comments here. :)

Elni
04-11-2008, 19:00:00
Jack, Shini, Crimson A hudge :hug2: for all of you.

Me and my team members thank you for your help.

I'll see if other people will respond by the end of the weekend :)

jenni.p123
04-11-2008, 19:54:45
Age of player - 15 years old

I'd say 3

Daily: About 30mins-1hr. Some days longer some days less ;)

I liked how it was easy to understand and wasn't complicated - nice and simple :D

4) What did you dislike?

Like shining said, sometimes the characted jumped up and it was difficult to see where the arrow was.

Yes :D

Nope, I like the bright colours :D

A restart button would be good, instead of having to refresh the page.

Overall I enojyed it :)

Elni
04-11-2008, 20:10:52
Thank you Jenni for your answers :D

dia
04-11-2008, 20:13:48

i would say 5

Daily and i spend about 1-2 hours (but it depends if there are new games or not..)

it was a cute game with nice graphics :)

4) What did you dislike?

i didn't like that the character was jumping in front of the middle arrows...i couldn't see them... :(

no. it was easy to understand what you have to do

no. the colours were great! (i like colourull things generally :))

i think that the character should be smaller and also, levels that would go harder and harder. other than this, the game was great :)

jenni.p123
04-11-2008, 20:47:25
You're welcome, Elni :D

Elni
04-24-2008, 15:03:32
To all people took part at this evaluation

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o207/bicfomh/gg01/dragon/dragon005.gif

Thank you

For helping me and my team members with this coursework.

I would like to leave this post open until further notice, in case anyone else would like to take part to our survey :D

Edit:

I forgot. I would like to ask permition to post the name of the site as references to our coursework, as the tutor might ask from which site you evaluated your game.

Merge posts:

Thank you

To all of you that took part in this survey thank you very much from the bottom of my heart. You cannot imagine how much you helped us for this coursework. I'll post this game to the ermm games, if I can find the new version (with music and all stuff) :D

Many thanks from me and my team members