PDA

View Full Version : Some New Artwork

Mistery
04-10-2008, 20:33:24
I thought, I'd post here latest artwork of mine from time to time - mostly in a resized version.

Crimsonthread
04-11-2008, 01:07:41
Lovely, dear alien!

Have you considered submitting artwork to computer game companies, such as Broderbund or Cyan? Your work really reminds me of something out of the Mist series and similar games. You could probably make some money at it. :)

Mistery
04-11-2008, 01:54:40
Awww, thank you very much Crimson :$ :hug2:

I really adore the Myst and Riven series :D

Hmmm, I'm not enough experienced to work for companies, I'm still a hobbyist - I'm still struggling with a lot of things when I create 3D artwork :P
And as you probably know, games like Myst don't sell at the moment at all.

I'd be very happy to earn some money with game-related work, but as I said I'm not enough experienced. Additionally such companies expect some specific diploma or at least 1-2 years of professional experience as I've seen. So I don't think I'd have a chance anyway.

But thank you very much for your very nice and encouraging words, I really appreciate it :D :hug2:

EscapeGirl
04-11-2008, 09:35:56
Wow, dear Mistery! :o You REALLY do have such talent if you ask me!! And da Crimson makes a good point. :) I've long thought you could make a bit of money on the side. ;) Maybe even something like the creator of Samorost does. ;) But, what's most important is that you really enjoy doing it. Very good job, and I like this thread. :D :hug2:

Mistery
04-11-2008, 17:57:04
Thank you very much Escape for the nice and encouraging words, they mean a lot to me :hug2:

Lilliputt
05-03-2008, 22:34:49
I dunno when ya get a chance to read this Mistery, but I have admired your art work for some time now. I think it is brilliant and I hope we will get more sneak peeks... cuz uh, between Escape and I it is sort of a family thing, you see :shy:
Thank you very much for sharing! :hug2:

Eternal Becky
05-04-2008, 21:12:57
I don't know how I missed this thread. Good that it came up again and I got a chance to see them. It's really amazing. And they do remind me of the Myst. You have done a great job. Keep up the good work.

Mistery
05-08-2008, 21:10:34
Thank you :hug2:

jenni.p123
05-10-2008, 22:04:56
Wow brilliant Mistery :D

Mistery
05-29-2008, 18:22:59
Thank you Jenni! :D

EDIT
Not finished yet... work in progress.

Eternal Becky
05-29-2008, 19:09:14
That is amazing Mistery :appl:

Lilliputt
05-29-2008, 22:04:27
:o... woooooooooooooooooooooooooooow! Lemme play, lemme play!! :D:D:D
GREAT WORK, Mistery! :D :appl: :D

Mistery
05-30-2008, 09:28:56
Thank you Becky & Lilli :D

New1000
05-30-2008, 15:38:40
Good Mistery.:)
Cant wait for the next image you make.;)

Mistery
06-01-2008, 01:39:57
Thanks New :D

EDIT

Another "work in progress".

New1000
06-01-2008, 16:23:40
Wow Mistery:D!
So your a expert at 3D huh?
Cant wait for more! :D

Adventure
06-01-2008, 19:18:43
Wow, those art works are amazing! :o I especial love the first room. It's just really Beautiful. :) Great work, Mystery! :applause:

Btw are those part of your new game? :?

Mistery
06-01-2008, 23:15:18
Wow Mistery:D!
So your a expert at 3D huh?
Cant wait for more! :D

Thank you :D

Hehe, no I'm not an expert at all, still learning ;)

Wow, those art works are amazing! :o I especial love the first room. It's just really Beautiful. :) Great work, Mystery! :applause:

Btw are those part of your new game? :?

Thanks Adventure :D
Well, not of Sea Adventure but another (smaller) game :)

Lilliputt
08-03-2008, 17:38:06
You... did it again?! :o.... wow... thaz SO COOL!!! :D:D:D I wanna play the game so badly! Hope it will be ready soon, Mistery. Great artwork! :appl: :appl: :appl:

derek44
08-07-2008, 19:00:37
These remind me so much of my faviorete computer game! (Myst End of Ages!)

Mistery
01-06-2009, 19:45:11
Unfortunately I can't use my 3D software that I used to work with anymore due to compatibility issues, and I can't afford to pay for an update. So I had to look for another software which had to be free. I had to start to learn to work with it, and these are the first results of playing around with it :haha:

Oh, and I made a short animation sequence, but I need to upload it somewhere else first.
EDIT: Here it is in low quality (because I converted it from .avi to flash)
http://www.mysterys-games.ch/animations/animation.html

EscapeGirl
01-07-2009, 04:07:11
I would never have known that you switched programs! Great job on the animation (which seems to flow smoothly) and on the artwork. :D Looks like an alienish planet. ;)

Good work. :)

Mistery
01-07-2009, 04:08:24
Thank you :D :hug2:

Yeah, it's easier to create alienish things than real ones :haha: :P

It's not easy to learn to use 3D software, and if you need to switch, you need to get used to the new one.

EscapeGirl
01-07-2009, 05:25:44
I can imagine!! :S It certainly doesn't look simple. :S But I can see you even paid attention to the little things, like the shadows and such. Really looks nice. :) :hug2:

Eternal Becky
01-07-2009, 07:26:27
Great job one again Mistery :)

Mistery
01-08-2009, 00:58:43
Thanks Becky :hug2:

Adventure
01-08-2009, 01:46:31
Looks good, Mystery. :D I am glad you found new 3D software to work with this quickly. And if this are your first tries, we certainly can expect something awfully good in the near future. :D

Mistery
01-08-2009, 01:49:06
Thank you :)
Yeah, just first playing around.

I need to find somebody to sponsor me a 4 weeks paid vacation :P - otherwise I don't know when I'll be able to release new games :(

RBS
01-13-2009, 16:35:18
I like it too. I can imagine something or someone getting a healthy *bonk* with that :D

Mistery
01-13-2009, 17:53:33
:haha: :P

Thanks RBS :)

Mistery
01-19-2009, 00:58:19
EDIT
1 week later I had a bit of time to experiment with textures, still work in progress :P

EscapeGirl
01-20-2009, 21:01:00
I want to touch that sand!! It looks a little like clumpy wet sand. Bet I could build a sandcastle. ;) :D

Looking good! :D

Mistery
01-20-2009, 21:07:58
Thanks! :D I wish I had more time :P
But one day there will be a new game :haha:

EscapeGirl
01-21-2009, 01:21:05
Oh, I don't doubt that, dear. ;) You are too motivated, and too much of a good game designer to not finish it. I'll be patient. :D

Mistery
02-15-2009, 17:06:06
A sneak peek ;)

EscapeGirl
02-24-2009, 00:54:27
Very cool!! :D Looks like a place where an alien might worship. :hmm:

Very cool graphics! :D

Mistery
02-24-2009, 00:59:51
Lol :haha:
Thank you! :D :hug2:
I hope that I can finish this little game soon :)

EscapeGirl
02-25-2009, 08:59:22
You're welcome. :hug2:

I am hoping so, too. :D I'm quite anxious for it. :D Though, take your time, I know you're busy. ;) (And so am I, through May! Then I will have planty of play time. :D :P)

But please keep posting these pics. :D I love seeing the development of the game. :)

Mistery
02-25-2009, 22:54:39
It seems that you're the only one interested in it :P
Anyhow 3/4 of the game is done :)

Another sneak peek:

EDIT
In Somnia has been released :)

EscapeGirl
02-27-2009, 21:50:21
Nah, I'm sure lots of people are interested, they just don't see this thread down here. ;)

I love the graphics!!!! :D

I downloaded it last night, but haven't had a chance to play it. I will play it this weekend! I can't wait! :party: I always love your games. Even if I always get stumped. :shy:

Mistery
03-10-2009, 22:32:40
How about this (not yet finished) pic? :)

GODA
03-11-2009, 21:59:28
Well i think you are a very talented girl! Congratulations Mistery.
:ven: a true artist

:hi2:

Mistery
03-11-2009, 22:01:49
Lol, nope, I'm not an artist at all :P Just a hobbyist trying to do her best, lol.
But thank you very much for your nice words, I appreciate your post very much :D :hug2:
Feedback and encouragement keep my motivation up to devote a part of my little spare time to artwork and game creation :)

nigec
03-13-2009, 21:48:57
What software do you use Mistery?

Mistery
03-14-2009, 22:24:08
Well, I had to buy a new laptop, and couldn't use my previous 3D software with it anymore (upgrading would have been to expensive), so I had to look for free 3D software for now.

Currently I use Art of Illusion for most of my artwork :)
(But I have also other free 3D software on my laptop, but don't get well along with them yet :P).

nigec
03-14-2009, 23:48:11
Bryce is very good for Landscapes and scenes, I think you can still get 5.5 free, that flash game with the rain was done in Bryce ;)
Truespace 7.6 is free.. my weapon of choice although I use an earlier version, I don't really need all the new features the newer one has

Mistery
03-14-2009, 23:54:31
Thanks Nige, I know both of them. I think I've taken a look at all freeware/open source 3D software in the past months. Some are relatively easy to use for me, others are more difficult.
I had a hard time with Truespace, I think it's a great software, but it needs time to learn it. I still have it installed, but not much time to really learn it at the moment. Probably I get back to it in my free week before Easter :)
But I'm always thankful to get tipps about easy to use freeware tools that might add nice effects to my games :)

EscapeGirl
03-16-2009, 19:19:29

:o May I go swimming there? :D Very nice. :D

Well i think you are a very talented girl! Congratulations Mistery.
:ven: a true artist

:hi2:

Agreed. Very talented! :appl: :D

Mistery
03-16-2009, 23:10:24
Awww, thank you :$ :hug2:

Tried to create a landscape and a few more or less strange trees and bushes. Just work in (slow :P) progress.

But with that low number of players, I don't know if I should hurry up anyway... :S

nigec
03-18-2009, 00:38:53
I found a new toy! its not much help in my quest to biuld the biggest, bestest game in the world (yeah right, thats gonna happen) but it'll help render pretty pictures :D
Its called Kerkythea (http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/), its a renderer, you can get plugins for Sketchup, max, blender or standalone and imports 3DS OBJ.. and something i cant remember lol, does world sunlight, lights, texturing cameras etc.. oh and the most important.. its free

something I did earlier

EscapeGirl
03-18-2009, 05:16:21
@Mistery...Awww...don't let yourself get down. Your games are really popular and I know people love them. You work hard, and always put out a good, fun, and challenging game. I really think that many people just don't notice the "In Progress" type threads. So many players are just drawn straight to the already completed games. I have no doubt you have fans, and I have no doubt that this game will be very popular. :) Have you also been posting your continuing artwork on places like Nordinho and such? :? I really do believe it's just a matter of people not seeing this thread. :) I love your games. :hug2: (For the record, when I first came to this forum, I spent almost all my time in the games threads, and later in the chat (not that my post count shows that. :shy:), and it took me quite some time to even pay attention to these other threads. :shy:) Please keep up the wonderful work. :) :hug2:

And I like that new image. I feel like climbing that tree when I get done swimming in the pond. :D Would you mind? (Love the bushes. Very realistic looking, too!)

@Nigec....WOW! That's awesome!!!! I don't know much (read: anything) about game creation and the creation of such images. Did you create that on your own, or was it a template? It's really fabulous. Great job!

@Both of you.....Love the images!! Keep up the good work!! It's because of people like you two, that we gamers have such a great time. :) :appl: :appl:

funja
03-18-2009, 05:25:20
oh mistery no no noooo dont stop please hurry fast as you can we need your games to survive :( i wish i could make games like you and i would love to learn but alas <-- nvr used that word lol, i dont have anyone to teach me how to use some of these things they get confusing and my hat is off to you for being able to do all those amazing 3-D graphics and wonderful and challenging puzzles please dont stop you do have an amzing pool of fans your last game hit over 50 pages in the first 2 days that is amazing better than most of the games already on here yuo are an amazing game desighner/creator/mod/??? i dont know what you do for a living lol but please you should never stop or slow down on creating your games every time you move your deadline back it makes alot of loonies more loonie waiting for it if you slow down even more do you knwo whats gonna happen to gh it will be even more chaotic(if thats possible) but mistery please never stop or even slow down you can get support from all of us, your fans, here on GH but pleas dont slow down and you can tell how much i care this is one of the longest posts i have typed and i have co-written a story lol:D:P:)

ShiningStar
03-18-2009, 06:55:57
Mistery: you make such wonderful games! and everyone loves to play them! Don't ever think people don't enjoy playing them! We can see how much hard work you put into your games and how much thought also! you are a very talented person! I hope you keep making games!! I love the pictures you have posted!

nigec
03-18-2009, 14:02:56
Like everyone said, just take your time, we all get busy times, creative block, just can't be bothered moments, I had one of those that lasted 7 months last year! one friend has spent the last year debugging a big game and she's still finding more, I would of spat my dummy and binned it after one week lol

I might do some nice graphics in games but underneath they are usually rushed, and have very little story, Candy Boom wasn't even a game to begin with, the general plot was a idea from an AGS game called Johnny Evil.. for the past 3 years I've just been building up to something bigger tbh

The train is all my own work, it was an entry in a model contest and took under 2 hours, but will also be in my game so its all simple shapes

EscapeGirl
03-18-2009, 18:17:25
Well, Nigec, you did a fabulous job! I am amazed that it took under 2 hours. Seriously, great job. :D:D:D

Mistery
03-19-2009, 01:45:24
@Nige
Great artwork :D And so fast? :o Wow!
You are lacking ideas? Make a storyline contest here :haha:

@Escape
Thank you! :hug2:
I meant only few players were playing the game. ;)
I know that this game development area is not much visited by most members.

@Shining
Thank you! :D

@Funja
Wow, I've been reading your post, and I ran out of breath :P :haha:
Thank you :hug2:

funja
03-19-2009, 02:25:16
you know i dont like commas lol srry :P

nigec
03-19-2009, 10:33:27
@Escape
Thank you!
I meant only few players were playing the game.
I know that this game development area is not much visited by most members
I don't thinks its because people don't play the games, they just don't comment, unless they can't do it or think the game is cr*p. Friends will give an honest answer.
If I do progress threads its usually the kiss of death for my games, so I wait till its ready to test, the only reason I mentioned the Handyman remake is that I need help with a few things :)

You are lacking ideas? Make a storyline contest here
I used to love doing AGS's MAGS, but I've yet to see a multi engine contest that was successful. Having a set theme and a few rules is a great way to learn. I'm not very good at stories or working from anyone elses, the best I get is a beginning and an end with nothing inbetween lol.
I do have a story a friend wrote but its way to chatty and as yet I can't find away round it

Adventure
03-19-2009, 11:32:01

Tried to create a landscape and a few more or less strange trees and bushes. Just work in (slow :P) progress.

But with that low number of players, I don't know if I should hurry up anyway... :S
Wow, those look very realistic. :o You learned how to use this new software very fast. Truly great artwork! :appl:

But what do you mean with low number of players? You games were always popular. They still are. Am I missing something? :?
Either way you should take your time, and only spent time to it when you feel like it. :) Creating games should be relaxing, what make you feel good. Though I understand that others' enthusiasm works motivating, and is too essential. I agree, with Nigec to keep in mind not everyone post a comment after playing a game. Well, in case you forgot, I do love your games, adventure games, riddles, I just love them. The end result always are fantastic, and it clearly shows the effort you put in them. As long you enjoy creating games, never stop to create them. :hug2:

P.S. sorry for spotting the new creation that late. For some reason I always miss out on this thread lately.. like the past 6 months or 12 months. :shy:

@Nigec, that train look awesome. Never played a game of you, I think. I better check them out when I have some time. :)

Mistery
03-22-2009, 03:47:53
Thank you all for your encouragement :hug2:

Some progress on the screen that I posted earlier as a sneak peek of the continuation of In Somnia - the rest will be (probably) kept secret :P

funja
03-22-2009, 04:04:12
lol that looks great except how you suppsoed to get to teh building the path ends at the wall:hmm: there better be a rock climbing tool :P

Mistery
03-22-2009, 04:10:23
Thank you :D
Lol, now don't expect me to post a walkthrough here :P :haha:

funja
03-22-2009, 04:21:41
dang lol soo close well at least hide a few ninja tools for me to sneak around with lol i could finish your game fast then

Mistery
03-22-2009, 04:53:26
Lol, ninja tools in such a scenery? :haha:
Don't worry, I try to make the game solvable :P

old biker
03-22-2009, 09:18:24
aha .. a new game in progress ,mistery ?
looking forward to it .:)
i read before that you had doubts about the number of players ,but believe it ,your games go much further than the usual game-sites.i keep sending them for instance to a friend who lives already more than 20 years in thailand ,where he put youre games online. he told me they are great succes.
(that with others of course)
in a meantime, he became an escape addict too :haha:
now i think ,this a market where others cant go on to ,becouse of the language
so please ... keep on making games ,we all enjoy so much

Mistery
03-22-2009, 14:43:59
Wow, really? That's cool, thank you old biker :D :hug2:

Yep, I'm working on the sequel to In Somnia, but due to my heavy workload and other issues I'm progressing slowly. :)

old biker
03-22-2009, 16:22:16
take your time dear friend ,work always comes ahead
becouse ..no work .. no nothing.. :) :hug2:

invincible
04-18-2009, 17:19:02
Nice! Or as some kids say, Nito!

dearbarry
05-08-2009, 10:23:00
expect to see more work from:bee: you ~

Mistery
05-15-2009, 23:17:34
Just playing around :P

EDIT
And I made da Escape :haha:

EscapeGirl
05-17-2009, 06:24:17
OMB! I'm writing CNN as I just saw a spaceship trying to impersonate a plane!! :o :haha:

And you DID create me! :P :D AND YAY! I lost that extra weight I've been working on!! :haha: :P

Mistery
05-17-2009, 06:27:39
LOL :haha:

It's more of a toy Escape :haha: