Zelda Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zelda Classic

Zelda Classic is a remake of the very first Zelda on the NES, (Nintendo Entertainment System) with both quests from the original and extra downloadable quests made by ZC players.

Find out more and download here.

For Vista Users
    Please use the link here and download the latest BETA version for Vista compatability.
    When downloaded run ZLaunch as it doesn't play manually.
    Last edited by ottyk; 05-14-2008, 17:18:41.
    Smiley Master of the Looney Bin!!
    gh law number 1.
    :D:D keep smiling :D:D
    who needs bunnies when you can shout AYUH!!!

WOOOOHOOOOO!!! I have this game on NES, (and my system still works), but my saved games always disappears after I beat the 5th boss. I've been dying to finish this game.
    sigpic

Comment

well... i am running windows vista... i downloaded it, and it didnt work at all.. kept locking up and not running. If anyone has downloaded it to vista, please let me know how to make it work!

Comment

I've also downloaded it to Vista... and I can't get past the starting screens. It loops between the title screen and story screen.
        sigpic

Comment

oh I so wish I could download this I miss Playing Zelda! but when I download anything my computer gets really slow and freezes *sigh*

*~The Shining Star of GH~~*

The riddlers gang: Vivi, Sumitra, Hunter, Bizarrochick, Monkey, Archaicdome, and Teeodd!
          June 15th is fundayja day! July 9th is Teeodd day! July 10th is Sumitra day! July 11th is Shining day! September 13th is Crazy day! September 18th is Robot day! October 13th is Party 4 Ever day! March 15th is Archaicdome day!

*~a proud Mommy to be~*

Comment

I guess I'll have to wait patiently for the mac version to come out... *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by 420smoker View Post
              well... i am running windows vista... i downloaded it, and it didnt work at all.. kept locking up and not running. If anyone has downloaded it to vista, please let me know how to make it work!

Sorry, i forgot about that, I've been playing on my old computer because it doesn't work on my new Vista one.
              I'll have a look on the forums for some help!

EDIT: I've just found out on the forums that the latest stable release of ZC doesnt have Vista compatability.
              I'm putting a link for Vista people on the top of the thread for the latest BETA version which runs on Vista
              Last edited by ottyk; 05-13-2008, 19:43:52.
              gh law number 1.

Comment

I'm having trouble finding the right version for vista...
                sigpic

Comment

Note to Windows Vista Users ZC 2.10...
                  For those who are still having trouble running ZC 2.10 on vista...

These are the notable things you MUST do to run the app as far as I know. I figured this be good to have all in one thread instead of all over the forums, for the noobs in particular.

-Disable UAC (User Accont Control) or Run the program as an administrator.
                  -Run as a window (I can't get it to run full screen yet though I have a widescreen. may be an odd resolution ZC can't handle.)
                  **ZC should auto change the graphics to vista basic if not already set there**

(Source: http://www.armageddongames.net/forum...13#post1173613)

Since I don't have Vista, I can't check it

Comment

Originally posted by Crimsonthread View Post
                    I'm having trouble finding the right version for vista...
                    It's the one underneath the unreleased one, its works fine on mine
                    gh law number 1.

Comment

Just a heads up--my anti-virus software thinks that the downloadable files may contain keyloggers. I denied access to any such programs, but I wanted to let everyone know.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, it's always good to be careful indeed.

However - just to put another perspective on it - some games that need keyboard input may use a little add-on to identify which key was pressed in order to function properly, which is harmless in this case. These plugins/scripts don't serve any malicious purpose, but may be identified by some antivirus software as potentially harmful keyloggers.

I can't say if this is the case with this game or not, and I recommend anyways to download files that you trust, and to do a scan first. If anything seems not right to you then better delete it.

I haven't checked this game, so I can't tell more.

Comment

Yeah mistery i think you're right, the game doesn't use the mouse at all so thats probably the case.
                          gh law number 1.

Comment

Is the walkthrough for this game a mistery or something

CLassic Zelda...... If anyone has a walkthrough, or world map, or anything for this game please post

Comment

I don't have one right now, but they're widely available on the net--if it's exactly like the NES version. Just do a google search.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X