PDA

View Full Version : The Death Penalty

someguy
06-18-2008, 17:02:06
I thought that we should debate what I think and see as a hot topic. The death penalty.
For those of you who don't know what this is: The death penalty, or capital punishment, is basicly when you put someone to death who has commited a serious crime like murder, certain forms of treason, terrorism etc. with a lethal injection. It causes their heart to stop and all of that.

But, do you think that the death penalty should be legal?

Personaly, I say yes. If someone went and killed my family, and other families, I would want to see that person put to death. Don't give him the luxury of getting to live his life to the fullest, even if it is in a prison.

So what do you think?
(post opinion and why)

Please be respectful of people's personal opinions, whether you agree with them or not. :)

humphryboop
06-18-2008, 22:19:23
I also say yes :|

someguy
06-19-2008, 15:08:39
I'm also looking for why.

midnight
06-20-2008, 01:22:28
I, personally, think it should be a different way of execution. I say, one where they suffer briefly before death, so they see what it feels like in the position of the victim and their family. I say, BRING THE GALLOWS AND GUILLOTINE OUT OF RETIREMENT. (no spellchecker on wii) The lethal injection kills quickly and painlessly. WHICH IS PROBABLY BETTER THAN LIFE IN JAIL!

someguy
06-20-2008, 13:48:04
Actually, I found out that the lethal injection also causes and intense pain before the person dies, but it also paralyzes them, so they can't scream.
But the gallows and guillotine should be used now. Or maybe a firing squad.

RC-10M
06-20-2008, 15:52:08
some states still use a fiering squad

someguy
06-20-2008, 15:58:36
Really?

RC-10M
06-20-2008, 16:06:42
yea i'm not sure wich, but i belive it is 2 states?...

midnight
06-21-2008, 00:00:33
Also, one or two states use the gallows and gas chamber

someguy
06-26-2008, 22:58:27
Ok. Lets try to stay on topic.

Beefy_Angus
07-03-2008, 23:11:55
I think it's fair for criminals as intense such as Suddam Hussein.

SimplyCrazy
07-04-2008, 04:42:45
I think it should be legal, but restricted to those who've done reeaally bad things, with no room for improvement. Or if a victim can't ever have peace before they're dead.

midnight
07-11-2008, 03:29:31
I think it should not be a nice and easy death. Then, people won't commit crimes.. as much

humphryboop
07-13-2008, 19:47:59
I thought this over.....
If someone killed someone you loved, Would you really like Their family to go through what you went through?

someguy
07-16-2008, 01:26:01
I thought this over.....
If someone killed someone you loved, Would you really like Their family to go through what you went through?
That is a good question humphry.
Here's my answer.

I would like them to NOT side with their relative that has commited this evil lowlife crime like murder. And if they did side with them and make up some lame excuse, I would like them to lose that family member and experience first hand what it is like to lose a family member like that. If they want to side with a killer then they can go through that pain. I would like to see some justice. A killer is a killer, no less. In my opinion, they deserve to die.

ova
07-16-2008, 09:36:24
Although I'm not very sure but sometimes I think death penalty isn't a punishment at all.Most of the time it is even more like reward for that person.Because when you die you die.There is no suffering in it.Even it takes an hour or whatever.It ends...By the way you will gonna suffer for a beloved one's lost till the end of your life.This isn't fair to me.

ForeverJoseph
07-16-2008, 20:42:38
its rong end of story

someguy
07-25-2008, 00:11:26
There are actually some criminals who are afraid to die like that though. They plead and beg for the court to spare their lives.

That's funny. I would personaly love to see an execution of a mass murderer. I would smile as they died in agony. They deserve it, no doubt.

Dark Halo
07-25-2008, 00:57:45
I agree with someguy, but I think that death is too quick;for example, if a man kidnapped 5 people, and he would all torture them by doin horrible things to them and ends up killing them, later on police catch him. i wouldn't let him die quickly, i would give him a taste of his own medicine, and if he tortured them all differently, well i'll make sure he lives to suffer the rest. BUT THATS JUST ME, sure the family will suffer to know that he died like that but they must know that he deserved it and the killer should have known that sooner or later he was goin to suffer. i dont think this kind of death penalty will ever exist but...THATS JUST ME

Cat0ii
07-25-2008, 01:05:05
Well, I don't know, you all have really good arguments.. But, I think that it should be allowed, though only when people have done reaaly bad things!

kikki_243
07-25-2008, 01:47:46
Well, I still think it is unfair. Think: Some person brutally tortured and killed someone else. That someone else suffered and went through so much pain. Lethal injections lead to a painless, quick death. I wouldn't believe in torturing them to just make it even, though. And who knows where death leads you? Maybe everyone goes to a better place, maybe everyone goes somewhere worse, maybe everyone is reborn, and forget their past life. No one knows but the dead, but they can't tell anyone.

someguy
07-25-2008, 02:04:07
I would personally just like to see them die.
And the fact that some major criminals don't want to die, let alone get caught, makes the experience that much better.

Dark Halo
07-26-2008, 07:26:56
Well, I still think it is unfair. Think: Some person brutally tortured and killed someone else. That someone else suffered and went through so much pain. Lethal injections lead to a painless, quick death. I wouldn't believe in torturing them to just make it even, though. And who knows where death leads you? Maybe everyone goes to a better place, maybe everyone goes somewhere worse, maybe everyone is reborn, and forget their past life. No one knows but the dead, but they can't tell anyone.

I know that my way was sick and twisted( that's what happens for watching hostel and saw) but, as i said before, THATS JUST ME:D

New1000
07-26-2008, 13:52:50
well i say no because its really bad. but i also say yes because you can get rid of your enemys. so i pick maybe.

JoshuaDrake
08-08-2008, 18:40:50
I am against Capital Punishment.

someguy
08-08-2008, 19:29:12
why?

midnight
08-15-2008, 04:21:12
I am a twisted (maybe) girl :P I would LOVE to obliterate nick browning, so he knows what he put all my classmates and greg through. Greg didn't deserve that dead. *sob (serious)* That made me so unforgiving to mankind. ANIMAL ABUSERS SHALL DIE AND SUFFER >:( I wish that the final moments of death row criminals should be living hell! They will learn their lesson on earth or in hell.

Greg! Why did you have to go!? *sniff-sniffle* So...Sor..ry about that...He was a classmate ;(....

LovelyUndeadVam
08-15-2008, 05:08:04
I am a twisted (maybe) girl :P I would LOVE to obliterate nick browning, so he knows what he put all my classmates and greg through. Greg didn't deserve that dead. *sob (serious)* That made me so unforgiving to mankind. ANIMAL ABUSERS SHALL DIE AND SUFFER >:( I wish that the final moments of death row criminals should be living hell! They will learn their lesson on earth or in hell.

Greg! Why did you have to go!? *sniff-sniffle* So...Sor..ry about that...He was a classmate ;(....

nick browning?? that's weird! i had someone named nick browning in my classes.

i think that the death penalty is JUST. because if I murdered 47 women and hid their bodies every one of their families would be sad and broken up and would not be able to rest at night until i was dead. i honestly believe that it is fair. MY OPINION, but it doesn't have to count. :P :P

JoshuaDrake
08-29-2008, 22:10:58
why?

I don't think that it's fair for a person to die just because of something wrong that they did.

I don't care how bad the crime was that the person committed, every single person should be entitled to life.

They're taking God's Job.

Being locked up for life makes much more sense than being killed.

I believe that Capital Punishment can be allowed if the person has a choice to live or die.

Another person should not make a decision of taking some other person's life.
It's not their life and it's just simply sick.

What kind of person would want a job to where their own self can decide if the person is worthy of living?

I would rather be dead than locked up for life.
I would also like a choice of whether to sentence my own death or not.
It's not fair.

That's just my opinion though.

gh1
08-29-2008, 22:18:00
an eye for an eye

if you kill someone or murdered people then why not be put on Death Row.. they have lawyers or what have you and psychitrists to see if you are suitable for society..

if someone was to kill once and has a history of anger to hurt other people then they will do it again, so for the severity of the crime they could be sent to death instead of putting other peoples lives at risk

ForeverJoseph
09-05-2008, 00:51:31
well im tottally against everything as said earlier because i mean just give em life in prison not death just because they killed a few people people can change yet the current government doesnt believe that. but im angered at the government any way but to stay on subject i think its rong and im not changing my mind no matter what anybody says.

Heartofthedark
09-05-2008, 01:02:58
I believe in it, and if so many people are against it then they should lock the criminal up for life, if not the death penalty, and if that person escapes from jail or does something else like that they should be sentenced to death...

ForeverJoseph
09-05-2008, 01:04:03
it depends on what type of jail really..........

Chris-ov-Donny
09-05-2008, 22:28:01
Yeahh. I agree with capital punishment and I wish they'd bring it into the UK. The death penalty strikes fear into many would be criminals I think and I believe it is just. Why should someone who has murdered or tortured etc another human being be let to live out the rest of his/her days, even behind bars?

Kira699
09-06-2008, 00:46:14
Josh is saying the by using capital punishment we are taking god's job. Assuming there were a God, why would he let such things happen anyway? I don't believe in an almighty being but I do believe that the family of a victim of a horrendous crime should have a say in the manner of punishment. If they choose death for the criminal they should also be entitled to participate, if not have revenge. An eye for an eye etc. Do unto him as he has done unto others. (Old testament stuff) Let the evil suffer badly for their crimes. Hang, draw and quarter them or hang them in gibbets (google it)

someguy
09-06-2008, 00:55:59
wow, nice.

gh1
09-08-2008, 22:05:01
sometimes a death penalty would be a good way to go. quick and painless, (you'd assume) who knows what death feels like.. it could be like when you take that Anethestics to have surgery, you feel nothing. So even rotting in a prison, could be worse. Could be. Besides if you give 'em the death penalty you get a last meal! - did i say that already?

Hanging them in gibbets? nah i don't think that would work well over with anybody who has a say in how we run prisons. I don't want to talk anymore :(

JoshuaDrake
09-09-2008, 20:45:04
Josh is saying the by using capital punishment we are taking god's job. Assuming there were a God, why would he let such things happen anyway? I don't believe in an almighty being but I do believe that the family of a victim of a horrendous crime should have a say in the manner of punishment. If they choose death for the criminal they should also be entitled to participate, if not have revenge. An eye for an eye etc. Do unto him as he has done unto others. (Old testament stuff) Let the evil suffer badly for their crimes. Hang, draw and quarter them or hang them in gibbets (google it)

I don't agree with you.

someguy
09-09-2008, 23:00:05
Josh is saying the by using capital punishment we are taking god's job. Assuming there were a God, why would he let such things happen anyway?I don't believe in an almighty being but I do believe that the family of a victim of a horrendous crime should have a say in the manner of punishment. If they choose death for the criminal they should also be entitled to participate, if not have revenge. An eye for an eye etc. Do unto him as he has done unto others. (Old testament stuff) Let the evil suffer badly for their crimes. Hang, draw and quarter them or hang them in gibbets (google it)

That's exactly my thinking too.
Why would an almighty being (assuming there was one) let these things happen.

1momomo124
09-09-2008, 23:07:55
i think if he killed like 5 people the person should die but if he robbed 20 stores just let him do the time

JoshuaDrake
09-10-2008, 01:35:46
Hope

There is always going to be evil on this planet.

Emo234
09-10-2008, 02:45:55
I agree so very much,cuz like someguy if someone killed my family I would want them dead leagally(If I didn't get to them first) I feel very strongly about this. I might sound mean,but they desirve everything they get. Pardon my spelling

someguy
09-10-2008, 23:59:54
Hope

Better to destroy what we can.

ForeverJoseph
09-17-2008, 21:16:14
Hope

yes there is