Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection Issues!

Is the site under periodic matinence?

Like, every few days, there is about a 30 min to an hour period where I cannot connect to the site.
    Or is there something else going on here?
    READ
    >>CLICK>>sigpic<<CLICK<<
    It'll SHOCK you!
    Post anything and everything about Short Circuit HERE!

There have been some short down times, this can happen.
    If it's periodical - always at the same time, it could be due to the server restart every 24 hours that can lead to such a down time.

But apart from the problems with the email notification that we are currently still experiencing (http://gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7412), we don't know of other notable server issues.

Comment

Okay, It just happened again.
      From, like 7:30 or somewhere around there, to now, 10:45
      It would not let me connect.

In fact, there are no new posts over the last three hours, on any board.
      Because of your above post, I took note of the time.

If these are "periodical downtimes" could we get a better explaination for them?
      And if these are updates, could we please get like an announcement telling us of this ahead of time?
      READ
      >>CLICK>>sigpic<<CLICK<<
      It'll SHOCK you!

Comment

Thanks for the report.

The "periodical downtimes" that I've mentioned shouldn't take longer than 5-10 minutes.

If there is a longer down time, like the one you mentioned in your post, then it's a server problem that we can't foresee either. I know that it's annoying for everyone when there is such a server problem.
        In such cases the host needs to fix the problem, and we don't have any influence on it.

GamersHood has noticed it, too, and has already contacted his host to see what happened.

Comment

Glad to know it wasn't just me, I thought there was something wrong with my computer at first! But I hope Gamershood can find out the problem, and things get worked out!

*~The Shining Star of GH~~*

The riddlers gang: Vivi, Sumitra, Hunter, Bizarrochick, Monkey, Archaicdome, and Teeodd!
          June 15th is fundayja day! July 9th is Teeodd day! July 10th is Sumitra day! July 11th is Shining day! September 13th is Crazy day! September 18th is Robot day! October 13th is Party 4 Ever day! March 15th is Archaicdome day!

*~a proud Mommy to be~*

Comment

Me too.
            I know that forums usually do that when they upgrade.

Comment

It happened again today, 1:45-2:30 approx.

I don't know what exactly is the problem, but I hope it gets fixed soon...
              READ
              >>CLICK>>sigpic<<CLICK<<
              It'll SHOCK you!

Comment

Yes, we are aware of it.
                We also hope that the server problems can be fixed soon

Comment

Hi all,

Some of you may have noticed that the forum and the GamersHood website have been down for a while (maybe an hour or so).
                  No reason to be worried, the server where they are hosted has undergone some regular maintenance and upgrades.
                  Anyhow we seem to be back again. Enjoy the games and chatting

Comment

I can't stay logged in

Comment

i'm having the same issue as gh1... i have to log back in every 5 minutes or so, even if i don't leave the site
                      i am floating away, lost in a silent ballet
                      i'm dreaming you're out in the blue and i am right beside you, awake to take in the view

late nights and early parades
                      still photos and noisy arcades
                      my darling we're both on the wing
                      look down and keep on singing, and we can go anywhere...

are you there?

Comment

Hmm, I guess you both selected the "remember me" option when you logged in, right?
                        Can't think of anything else.
                        Unless you moved from the http://www.gamershood.com server to the http://gamershood.com server. You aren't automatically logged in on both servers.
                        Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

As Adventure said, be sure to check the "Remember me" option when you log in.

If you are still experiencing the problem, log out, and delete your cookies and history. Then log in again.

Let us know if any of the advice above does help or not

Comment

i did as you suggested and clicked the "remember me" button....

and it hasn't done it again. i could have sworn that i already had done that on this computer, but obviously not.

sorry for the false alarm
                            i am floating away, lost in a silent ballet
                            i'm dreaming you're out in the blue and i am right beside you, awake to take in the view

late nights and early parades
                            still photos and noisy arcades
                            my darling we're both on the wing
                            look down and keep on singing, and we can go anywhere...

are you there?

Comment

Great news Thanks for the feedback.
                              No need to be sorry

Comment

Working...
                              X