This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escape the Museum - Van Gogh Room

Before I start this walkthrough I'd first like to point out a couple of things. This game has a "fainting" feature which may cause you too feel annoyed because if you fail you have to start all over. Also, the interaction between a certain object and a hotspot in the game is very sensitive. Place the object wrong and your have to start over. Therefor I have made a couple of screen shots to make the location more obvious.
    Another matter is that you cannot examine all objects. If you however examine an object you have to use the "back" button to be able to examine another.
    Also, you can only walk around by using the arrows in the upper right corner. Use the paintings to understand where you are at.

Lets start (press start ):
    You are in front of a large metal security door. To the left of it is a "Mysterius Panel" that you can zoom in on. Start however from the scene with the big door and click the back arrow on the upper right above your inventory. You now see two exhibit panels and on the far end three paintings. Click the up arrow twice. You know see the portrait of the artist Van Gogh himself. Go right and then click the up arrow again. You now see an empty space with a name plate. You cannot zoom in. Click the name plate to get it.

Use the down arrow to turn around. Click the up arrow twice and you can see the painting "Le Moulin de la Galette -1886". In this view (do NOT zoom in), click the lower right corner of the frame to get the stick. Use the left arrow and the click up arrow twice. Click the upper part of the bin where the opening of it is to zoom in on what is inside. You can click but cannot reach the paper. Use the stick by click, hold and drag it to the paper inside the bin. Go back.

Click a few times on the paper, sometimes it only takes a couple of tries and sometimes it may need some more convincing I usually try the upper right corner area. You can now examine the paper that contains information about the museum. Try again in this view to click the upper right until you can flip the page. Inside is a paperclip. Click on it to get it. Go back. Now click the paperclip to examine it. Click on it twice to get a narrow "U" shape. Go back. Use the down button to turn around and then the up button twice. Go right and click the up button once, then turn right again. Now you should see the big door at the far end.

Click to the lower left, where the short end of one of the exhibition boxes are. Use the name plate on the screws. Remove the lid by clicking on it so you can look inside.
    The hint to the right of the wires tell you which ones you might want to try and connect.

If you feel brave you can try yourself but I have made a screenshot to show what placing worked for me.

If it works you should get a message that says "you cross the wires and hear a *click* nearby". Go back.

Click the up button to place yourself between the exhibition boxes. Turn right. This is the only angle from which you can open the leftmost exhibit box. (The oposite side does not work.) Click on the far left glass top of the exhibit box. Click to open and then pick up key and screwdriver. Go back. Click the middle glass top of the exhibit box. Click the note and you'll get a text that says "Third wire = Profit". Go back.

Turn right to face the door and press the up button to get closer. Click the little box to the left of the big door. Use the screwdriver to beat the hinges and then use the clip on the hinges to hook in the hole and open the panel. You now have another set of wires. If you try the same method as before you'll loose. It means that there has to be another combination but the clip is too narrow. Since you cannot change the clip in this view, go back. Click the clip to examine and then click it until you make a wide "U" shape. Go back to the panel next to the door to look at the wires. The hint for these wires were in the diary page in the exhibit box. "Third wire". Which one is that? "Profit". What color do you think of?
    After some hairpulling trial and error you'll find that this is the right combination:

I also made a screenshot of the placing for this part as well

If it works you should get a message that says: "You cross the wires and hear a *click* nearby".
    Go back, click the big door and you are out.
    CONGRATS!!

EDIT: Updated walkthrough. Thanx Crimson!

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!
Working...
X