PDA

View Full Version : Horsebackriding

Hollandgirl
04-20-2006, 18:00:51
Anyone interested in horsebackriding can put his/her experiences here.
Like falling of the horse, you first lesson etc.

I'll start:
The horse I was riding on didn't respond at my tries to get it slower, so she just kept on galoping in cirkles untill I managed to get it to drave.. She was exhausted after that! :P

MEGADOOMER
04-20-2006, 18:02:08
I tried to ride a horse once fell of and hurt my leg bad

OneBun
04-20-2006, 20:32:42
When I was a kid I lived on a farm, and had my own horse. I always rode her bare back, but we had a real trust in each other. I miss those days.

I tried to ride a horse once fell of and hurt my leg bad

I was thrown off a horse once too. It was a stallion. Mean little thing. It was running full speed towards an embankment but threw me off before rolling down it. It broke its leg I rolled when I hit the ground and was fine. They had to put the horse down because it did not recover from it too well.

Mistery
04-20-2006, 20:51:21
Oh, poor horse. But I'm glad you were okay.

Hollandgirl
04-22-2006, 12:49:37
ooohw that's a really sad story!! i love horses so i don't want them to get hurt ofcourse ;) i fell of once when we were jumping like 10 cm high!! haha but the horse hit his foot the time before so he jumped like a meter higher and i (ofcourse) didn't know he was going to jump that high!!

wow yesterday morning was really weird! i went to school and waited somewhere for some other friends.. but then i saw this horse walking! i knew where he came from, and the stable door was open, so i think the door wasn't closed well enough so he escaped. nothing really happened, but he was walking towards the road, so me and another friend who likes horses too (she also has one of her own) put our bikes in front of her so she wouldn't walk to the road. we went to inform the owners, but there was this teeny tiny hole were he could escape and so he did! so he went walking on the road towards a lot of people bycicling to school and they weren't off any help either, they just made it worse with shouting out loud how scary he was. so he got frightened and was running back to me, but i didn't know the horse too well, so i didn't really jump in front of it, so he just ran past me and started eating the grass.. after a while he came back ran along for a while and went back to his stable, just when he walked in there the owner came.. ' i heard the footsteps of the horse, so i came out to see' i just thought: no, you're kidding! i mean, the horse was walking on the street for ten minutes in front of cars and cyclists and the man 'suddenly' heard the horses footsteps!! well, nevermind, i kind of liked the adventure :P

Mistery
05-11-2006, 15:12:38
Hehe, funny story, I'm glad that nothing bad happened to the horse!

Hollandgirl
05-11-2006, 15:21:23
yeah, well i hope not, cus he wanted to go back but he pushed over our bikes, so i hope he didn't hurt himself, but i don't think he did

wirodeu
08-03-2006, 19:31:18
I am a bit scary of horses...

rubicon_master
09-29-2006, 12:06:56
I learned how to ride horses by getting paid to break them when I was young. Seeing how i was determined to learn which also gave me the drive to keep getting back on. My dad thought it was the best way..........maybe thats why I turned to ridding bulls when I got older.

Hollandgirl
09-29-2006, 16:21:35
I am a bit scary of horses...

i don't get why people can be scared of horses! they're sooo cute! but well, that's cuz i adore them :)

Stickman220
09-30-2006, 07:33:14
ive never touched a horse

Slimy Jim
09-30-2006, 08:06:03
I've loved riding ever since I was little. The first time I rode, I was about three and the horse was nearly 16hh (don't know what that is in metres). My mum was loungeing him (kind of leading him in a circle, hard to explain) He started cantering, but instead of getting worried, I started shouting to my mum "faster, faster!!!"

10 years later and I still enjoy riding horses.

Hollandgirl
10-08-2006, 13:30:10
you know, you're lucky your mom likes horses :) but i think i'm also lucky cuz i have a friend with horses ;) i know what you mean with loungeing (longeren in dutch)

Themolestarted
06-26-2007, 18:30:35
yeah I am a pretty good rider.
Once something really funny happened I was riding along and the horse ran off with me!!!! I was riding trough a field trying to stop him. In the end my riding group retrieved me when i got home my feet almost fell off they where aching so much!(I didnt ahve much experience at the time was about 3 years ago

blade10327
11-30-2008, 07:32:43
i was riding horse monday thru friday every day for a fall sport. i did maybe 5 hand-gallops that fall season

Wippii
04-10-2009, 18:06:01
Horse riding is my favorite hobby. :D
I started riding about 6½ years ago. And even though I have experienced many kinds of things due to this hobby, I have never been seriously injured. Which is great, and lucky.
I had a riding lesson yesterday, just like every Thursday, and I got to ride the biggest horse at the stables. He's over 165cm high, but despite his size he would never hurt anyone. But he can get a bit "excited" when ridden...just like yesterday.
We had just started cantering, and suddenly he bucked (because he was so happy) and then turned 90 degrees to the right..guess who flew. :fly: lol

PS. No, I do not enjoy getting hurt..even though it might seem like I did.

*looking forward to her next riding lesson* :horse: :panda2:

EscapeGirl
04-11-2009, 08:08:35
I love horseback riding. :) However, I only took lessons briefly as they were expensive. But I really did enjoy it. Haven't done it for about 15 years now, though...

Sounds like you have a blast, though! :D

Wippii
04-11-2009, 08:28:11
You're right, riding lessons are expensive..but I don't pay for them myself :D
I'll have to quit riding for some time when I start studying in a university...so that I can start it again some years later. :D Maybe.

Frantic Freddie
04-14-2009, 02:16:59
I like riding,I can ride both English & Western.
We have enough room for horses (2.5 acres) but we don't have the time,money or inclination to own them.Luckily our neighbors are happy to let us ride their horses when we want,lotsa fun since we live in a rural area.