PDA

View Full Version : Spore!

Heartofthedark
09-07-2008, 16:01:44
:happydancing:Spore is out!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D :happydancing:

I'm getting it today(So excited) so I will come back and let everyone know what I rate it :D :happydancing:

Edit: After five long years in creation no one is interested in Spore?! :o

humphryboop
09-08-2008, 00:42:36
my sister got it and it looks fun :D

someguy
09-08-2008, 01:46:53
I played it at a friends.

Honestly, I hate it. It was one of the worst games I have ever played.

funja
09-08-2008, 01:48:45
i want to play it so bad give me a rating heart

Yorick
09-08-2008, 03:21:36
I played it at a friends.

Honestly, I hate it. It was one of the worst games I have ever played.
Mmhmm, I completely agree with you, a horrible game lacking in fun, creativity, and entertainment. Its previews were lackluster as well, showing nothing of the games truly horrific controls, gameplay, and insignificant bluster.

and mushrooms.

I really haven't played it yet, but the previews got me really excited. I hope my piece of Shoes computer can handle it.

Heartofthedark
09-08-2008, 16:04:36
*****/***** 5 outta 5 :D Seriously this is a great game, it allows you to be however creative you want :D So far I have designed my cell, ate with that for a while then grew and continued designing etc. after that I finally got to add legs and move my species on land where I went from a 2D cell into a 3D creature (Which I also got to design) My original plan was to make some sort of spider creature but let me tell you, once you get to the designer any plans you have don't turn out well :haha: I ended up with some sort of human/bear/moose cross breed that was so very aggressive :D (Wiped out alot of species from the face of Sagios [my planet]) After running around killing things and eating and singing/dancing to one group of bug/slug/spider things I finally grew enough brain power to get half way in which I get a pack! My pack could only consist of 1 other member at the time so I ignored it for now, After running into an encounter with a "Land shark" (Created by some other player that was online the same time as me :P That's what is great about it always new things) That completely killed my guy (Which required me to go through birth again :haha:) I found a need for packs, when my brain power was full I got the other members and went hunting finally growing strong enough to evolve to the Tribal stage! :D Now in my opinion the tribal stage is one of the shorter ones but it is also very fun! First thing I did was design clothing and armor for my people by giving them some sort of skirt, shoulder pads and chest armor :D After that I gathered food for a while till another tribe appeared on the map! Soon after I made a torch hut where my people armed themselves with flaming torches :evil: I quickly dispatched of that tribe :haha: After that three more tribes appeared, all being stronger then me so I quickly made a wooden horn hut where my people grabbed instruments and gifts and allied two tribes, after that we all killed the last one and was ready to evolve to the Civilization phase :D In that phase I got to completely design my town hall (Which I made war like to suit my people) Then I designed a factory and house (No entertainment building because my people like war not plays :D) After that I design my very own tank (Which I made hover and have a giant missile gun! :haha:) I quickly took over the spice geysers (Money sources) and attacked the other civ's on my continent :D After that I got to design my own airplane and attack other continents (I never really did sea transportation :P Got lazy :haha:) Finally after that I was onto the space stage which I have yet to play (Because it was already late by then) I will finish this today when I play the space stage,

So far it is a great and fun game to play with some humor from the song and dance and sometimes fighting :P I recommend EVERYONE pick it up and play :P Hey, my computer is two years old and it worked great so there is no reason you shouldn't get it :haha: 5 stars out of 5 and 5 thumbs out of 5 :D

Justeazy
09-08-2008, 17:46:04
Wow, sounds great heart...

I haven't played it yet (:'() but I got a demo from DS download play and it was awesome!!! I cannot wait!

PS, Could I use your review on my site?

Heartofthedark
09-08-2008, 20:13:36
Justeazy - When it is finished sure :P Just going to play the space age now :haha: It's really quickly done though because i'm just speeding through the game to get a feel for it :D I'll play it again slowly to explore all it's features once I finish :haha:

Yorick
09-08-2008, 22:07:23
My friend who has it says that my computer probably won't be able to handle it. But I may try anyways.

someguy
09-08-2008, 22:43:20
I gave it another try.
I found it still devoid of fun. Kinda wanted to shoot the game.

Heartofthedark
09-08-2008, 23:17:07
*****/***** 5 outta 5 :D Seriously this is a great game, it allows you to be however creative you want :D So far I have designed my cell, ate with that for a while then grew and continued designing etc. after that I finally got to add legs and move my species on land where I went from a 2D cell into a 3D creature (Which I also got to design) My original plan was to make some sort of spider creature but let me tell you, once you get to the designer any plans you have don't turn out well :haha: I ended up with some sort of human/bear/moose cross breed that was so very aggressive :D (Wiped out alot of species from the face of Sagios [my planet]) After running around killing things and eating and singing/dancing to one group of bug/slug/spider things I finally grew enough brain power to get half way in which I get a pack! My pack could only consist of 1 other member at the time so I ignored it for now, After running into an encounter with a "Land shark" (Created by some other player that was online the same time as me :P That's what is great about it always new things) That completely killed my guy (Which required me to go through birth again :haha:) I found a need for packs, when my brain power was full I got the other members and went hunting finally growing strong enough to evolve to the Tribal stage! :D Now in my opinion the tribal stage is one of the shorter ones but it is also very fun! First thing I did was design clothing and armor for my people by giving them some sort of skirt, shoulder pads and chest armor :D After that I gathered food for a while till another tribe appeared on the map! Soon after I made a torch hut where my people armed themselves with flaming torches :evil: I quickly dispatched of that tribe :haha: After that three more tribes appeared, all being stronger then me so I quickly made a wooden horn hut where my people grabbed instruments and gifts and allied two tribes, after that we all killed the last one and was ready to evolve to the Civilization phase :D In that phase I got to completely design my town hall (Which I made war like to suit my people) Then I designed a factory and house (No entertainment building because my people like war not plays :D) After that I design my very own tank (Which I made hover and have a giant missile gun! :haha:) I quickly took over the spice geysers (Money sources) and attacked the other civ's on my continent :D After that I got to design my own airplane and attack other continents (I never really did sea transportation :P Got lazy :haha:) Finally after that I was onto the space stage which I have yet to play (Because it was already late by then) I will finish this today when I play the space stage,

So far it is a great and fun game to play with some humor from the song and dance and sometimes fighting :P I recommend EVERYONE pick it up and play :P Hey, my computer is two years old and it worked great so there is no reason you shouldn't get it :haha: 5 stars out of 5 and 5 thumbs out of 5 :D

Yorick - I might suggest getting a better computer because the space stage tends to lag for me :haha: Too much for this peice of shoes computer ;) Anyways back to my review :P

I have quickly ran through the first few missions of the space stage but I have to say I love it! :D I love terraforming it's so fun and I ended up having to terraform this rather ugly planet that looked like a base ball :haha: I turned it purple and made it have orange trees :haha: I also love the fact that you can "Paint" planets by changing the atmosphere and terrain and water color :haha: It works well on those ugly planets ;) Also the game is just amazing in the fact that you can travel literally all through the galaxy and never face a loading screen :D You can zoom into a planet using the mouse wheel then rotate it to zoom out to galaxy view within seconds! It's so amazing what they have created here :D Currently I stopped due to me getting frusterated with my computer and the creatures I made :haha: I have started again in the cell phase and now am on the creature phase with an owl type creature that evolved from my original slug :P
Anyways to wrap up this review...:

Spore

Gameplay: Love it! 10/10 because it's so fun how you get to
move around the world and basically do whatever you want :D
Visuals: Not the greatest (And it's a well known fact if you
have been following this game ;)) But hey, they are still pretty
darn good! 8/10
Flow: The game seems to just flow perfectly from begining to
Space stage (Because there really is no end :D) without
anything feeling out of place :D 10/10
Computing: Depending on your computer it works flawlessly,
being able to zoom out from one planet to the galaxy view
with no loading screen or lag is amazing

Overall:
Great game that I recommend everyone picks up :D It's
a masterpeice really :D Go grab it from the shelfs and give
it a try ;)
10/10

funja
09-09-2008, 00:20:03
aswesome thanx heart now i want ot more:'(:'(lol which version do you have the one that costs 49.99 or 79.99 i read there were two versions and in the future alot more
updates just like the sims with new features and new versions and eventually enough stuff for everyone thanks for the review next time i go somewhere i can buy it it is mine:P

one ??? though is it completly on line or can you play it just on your desktop if you want???:?

Justeazy
09-09-2008, 01:34:17
Mmhmm, I completely agree with you, a horrible game lacking in fun, creativity, and entertainment....

Hmmm...

You and someguy are welcome to your oponions (though I cannot say I agree with you) but how in any sense of the word is it lacking in CREATIVITY??? The whole game is about CREATING your own race, growing it, CREATING a society or CREATING a tyranny (I heard you could rule other races by force too, :P) and using what you CREATED to prosper in this land/world/galaxy! I'm not going to argue with you on anything except what you said about CREATIVITY!!!
LOL... :P

PS, THX heart, just let me know when it's the final version, then your website/profile/etc. that the link giving credit goes to :D

Heartofthedark
09-09-2008, 06:51:39
Justeazy - Yorick was being sarcastic ;)

Yorick
09-09-2008, 14:50:33
Indeed I was.

Emo234
09-10-2008, 00:02:22
What is it about,I have never heard of it?

funja
09-10-2008, 00:04:14
it is a game by the creator of sims
you start out as a single cell orginism and grow and control your creature till it can take over the univers i cant really explain it yuou might have to search on google

Emo234
09-10-2008, 00:10:41
No offense but It kinda dosen't sound worth it!!!!!!! I like things like guitar hero,and unreal tournament

Heartofthedark
09-10-2008, 00:13:10
Emo - You really have to be an RPG lover and creative to enjoy it ;) Very fun although alot of people play it once and get bored :P If your creative there's really tons of replay value because everything is always new :P I mean come on if I can go from slug things to birds in one play through you know it's worth it to play at least once :haha:

Emo234
09-10-2008, 00:14:58
Kinda sounds like a evloution overlook

funja
09-10-2008, 00:20:48
hey heart u didnt answer my??? earlier is it strictly online or can you play it on desktop

Heartofthedark
09-10-2008, 00:22:04
aswesome thanx heart now i want ot more:'(:'(lol which version do you have the one that costs 49.99 or 79.99 i read there were two versions and in the future alot more
updates just like the sims with new features and new versions and eventually enough stuff for everyone thanks for the review next time i go somewhere i can buy it it is mine:P

one ??? though is it completly on line or can you play it just on your desktop if you want???:?

Sorry I just saw this :shy:
I bought the 49.99 one with a 3$ warranty ;)
:o! I hope there are more :D:D:D :happydancing:
Although EA is famous for spamming "Expansion packs" which really require you to buy all of them for it to be worth it ;) :haha:

What did you mean in bold? You can play it online and offline although I have never tried the offline version, in online you "Download" creations from all over the world from different people! :D I'm going to make a guess that offline is purely the things that maxis has created which come with the game? Even so though Maxis has created ALOT! I always get their creations before anyone else ;) Although I got this one guys creation called an eye monkey and it made me ROFL because it was a monkey with giant eyes :rofl-smilie:

Emo - Well to put it frankly, yes :haha:

Edit: Sorry funja just posted this the second you did :haha:

funja
09-10-2008, 00:27:34
lol i cant wait i get it tommorrow:P

Heartofthedark
09-10-2008, 00:30:01
Funja - I hope it runs perfectly on your computer so you can play it! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_9_12.gif

funja
09-10-2008, 00:30:47
well i have a 6 month old laptop and u have a 2 year old comp soo.....

Heartofthedark
09-10-2008, 00:37:03
Funja - Oh okay :D Enjoy the game then :haha:

funja
09-10-2008, 00:41:17
i want to play now now :pouts:

Heartofthedark
09-10-2008, 00:42:25
Funja - You will soon :haha: :P

Emo234
09-10-2008, 00:51:28
Is it an atheist game?

funja
09-10-2008, 00:55:10
no no no it is purely fun it is an evolutionary game but has pretty much nothing to do with religion it is just a game

Emo234
09-10-2008, 00:58:45
oh cuz I was gonna say I AM NEVER PLAYIN IT LOL (I AM VERY RELIGOUS)

funja
09-10-2008, 01:01:12
me to but in is sims games there is a family that are catholic but that is the only religous thing ever in one of his games i have ever saw not meant to be that way

Heartofthedark
09-10-2008, 01:02:18
Emo - Well like funja says it's just a game and has nothing to do with religion ;) But the theory of evolution they use is the one where a comet or some sort of object containing genetic (Or whatever it's called :P) Materials crashed into earth, and from that the materials inside the comet evolved into cells and organisms etc. creating life :P

Emo234
09-10-2008, 01:06:05
Oh ok,well it sounds kinda cool

funja
09-10-2008, 01:23:57
all information from spore.com?info

Spore is Will Wright's (Sim City, The Sims) new masterpiece. Spore starts a player out as a single-cell organism swimming around in a primordial soup. As Will Wright explains it, this stage of the game is essentially like Pac-Man, and you basically devour microbes smaller than you while avoiding those that are larger. You can upgrade your cell by adding cilia, flagella, and other defense mechanisms in order to gain any advantage possible for a single cell. From there you'll move on to the "water world" phase of evolution. Your single-cell organism becomes a multi-cell organism. At this point, the gameplay switches from 2d to 3d but is still essentially the same: devouring the less fortunate and avoiding the bullies.Economical

Egg Hatchling
As time passes, you will be able to lay an egg and evolve further; rid yourself of fins and acquire legs. Once on land (should you choose to emerge from the sea), you'll find yourself a part of a rich world inhabited by other player-created creatures. Unlike traditional massively-multiplayer on-line games, you won't be squaring off against other players in real time competition. Instead, when a player creates a new creature it is saved to a master on-line server. Your world will be populated by creatures that will help bring balance to your ecosystem. In this way, you will experience the off-the-wall creations of other players without having to worry about being bullied.

Oh Behave Yourself
As Wright demonstrated at E3, you'll be able to teach your creature new behaviors by combining preexisting ones. A creature that knows how to eat can pick up food in it's mouth and drag it to another location, for example. The possibilities presented to the player in terms of creation are truly remarkable. To continue evolving, you must find a mate by emitting a mating call. What follows is romantic R&B music highlighting sweet love making.

Moldy City
You creatures will begin to band together once their brain has evolved far enough. At this stage of the game, the player must manage a tribe of the creature they created. Players can upgrade huts and add items to camps such as a campfire. Still, this is just the beginning of Spore. Before long, your mere tribe will be a full-fledge thriving city. With these upgrades in technology, players may customize their creatures further by adding additional upgrades. The cities themselves can be tweaked in almost any way imaginable. Players at this level of the game can build military machines and attack other cities if they should choose to.

UFO Spotting
Finally, the player's creature creation will reach a point in technology where they can create a UFO. With the UFO, the player can cruise around their planet "abducting content" such as other creatures or plant life. The UFO can also zoom out into outer space. Initial impressions of the game indicate that this is where the real fun begins. With the UFO, players can literally visit millions of other planets full of other player's creations. From the sounds of it, Spore is going to be a monumental game that empowers the average gamer with one heck of a creative tool.

Heartofthedark
09-10-2008, 16:06:55
Funja - If you want to read more in depth articles you can go here
http://pc.ign.com/objects/735/735340_articles.html
Click on previews ;) Ign usually has loads of info :D

Yorick
09-10-2008, 23:01:28
Hey, there contemplating whether or not to port it to consoles. I may get to play it with high quality after all!

funja
09-11-2008, 01:35:38
i got it yess i got it yayayayayyayaya runs to play

Heartofthedark
09-11-2008, 02:16:27
Have fun! :yaya:

funja
09-11-2008, 02:27:54
how long does it take to install

Heartofthedark
09-11-2008, 02:28:58
Not long on mine :P I waited for about 3 minutes then got up and got a drink and came back and it was done :haha:

funja
09-11-2008, 02:31:53
well mine is going pretty fast but my comouter always goes alitlle slower when it starts but now it is almost done

Heartofthedark
09-20-2008, 04:04:52
Funja - Okay :D

Edit: URRRG! I'm having so much trouble trying to reach the center of the galaxy

funja
09-20-2008, 04:31:52
there is a center:P

i cant fet out of the stupid circle and i havent found all of the teraforming tools

Heartofthedark
09-20-2008, 04:34:46
Funja - I came within 20 planets of the center before getting blown up by the grox :haha:

I have the four ultimate terraforming tools which don't require ammo so I can terraform everything :haha: :P

funja
09-20-2008, 04:44:37
i just have paint and crater and diamond mountain thig
i dont go far form home:P

Heartofthedark
09-21-2008, 19:23:05
Funja - You should venture out :P It's worth it ;)

By the way if you want some tips..

Do not do the mission "Declare war on another race"
Make trade routes
BECOME A RED SPICE TRADER, red spice is the easiest spice to obtain and the fastest so find an ally that buys red spice for a high amount and sell! My ally buys anywhere from 7000-16000 spore bucks per red spice so when I have 99 red spice and sell to him I make a quick million :haha:
Get interstellar drives ASAP
Do not start wars
Do not steal from another race or steal and make it up to them by doing missions

Edit: I FINALLY REACHED THE CENTER OF THE GALAXY!!!!!! It was worth it :D

Animal Dragon
09-21-2008, 19:39:51
i wish they'd bring this game out for the wii. is it good?

Heartofthedark
09-21-2008, 20:27:46
Animal - It is amazing :)

Clank
09-28-2008, 11:21:06
YEAH I agree this game is absolutely FANTASTIC :D:D:D:D:D:D:D IT is so brill I <3 this game !!!!

Animal Dragon
09-29-2008, 13:36:33
ok, i might get it, just wish it was for the wii cause my games comp has no volume/sound

Clank
09-29-2008, 15:55:42
This is a really good game animal however i must warn you that the tribe stage is rubbish and the first stage is sketchy... And also if you dont have an up to date computer it will be hard to play because it needs a good graphics card!!!!

Animal Dragon
09-29-2008, 16:03:34
i might not have a good games comp, it's kinda old and my sis gave it to me so it might not work, i'll wait till i can buy my own laptop, (maybe christams 2200 ROFL)

Clank
09-29-2008, 16:05:42
Haha i have just got this one what i am playing on

Ryv
12-26-2008, 02:24:45
I got Spore for Christmas, we haven't installed it yet though. I'm SO excited!

Heartofthedark
12-26-2008, 04:27:38
Ryv - I'm sure you'll love it, it's really fun! :D

funja
12-26-2008, 05:00:38
oh yeah spore :S where is that game:S i havnt played in awhile or installed it since my crash:S oh no i was wrog it is on here:S i didnt know lol is taht bad hmmm now i want to play it:P

Heartofthedark
12-26-2008, 08:17:14
This is a really good game animal however i must warn you that the tribe stage is rubbish and the first stage is sketchy... And also if you dont have an up to date computer it will be hard to play because it needs a good graphics card!!!!

I disagree! I love the first stage, cell stage, and the tribal stage is fun too!

Also my graphics card is way out dated and it works just fine :)

Clank
12-26-2008, 10:19:45
Does it :hmm: Well i couldnt play it on my friends comp and his is rubbish, And i still hate those stages.