PDA

View Full Version : Easy Desert

Mistery
04-24-2006, 08:20:47
Easy Desert is a so called outdoor escape by the makers of Give me Coffee. It's a HTML game again.

Direct link:

http://www.geocities.jp/ikuta_ma/desert/todesert.html

Mistery
04-24-2006, 08:48:25
Well it seems not to be as easy as the title says.
You can only carry around 1 item at once and it gets blown away by the wind after a short time.

EDIT: Meanwhile I got symbols from 6 places but have no idea in which order to enter them... Or if there are even more to find...
No progress, working on it since 2 hours - nobody else here?

Totally stuck on this last bit, I think I can't finish it :mad:

Okay, I might write down what I have got so far:

Door screen: click forward arrow. Pick up jar with sand in front of mummy, go back, go to the right, click bucket of well, click it again, take bucket with water. Go back to mummy, use water on mummy until you see symbols.
Get again water and use it on the car to cool it down.
Get again water and use it on the door to see symbols.
Take coke can, use it on the bird, keep clicking the bird until it goes into your inventory. Use bird on snake, when it's lifted up, click square under it to see symbols.
Pass the snake (if it doesn't let you, keep clicking the arrow until it lets you), pick up parachute. Go to the car, click it as long as it says that the parachute has been installed.
Pass snake again and pick up goggles (glasses), go back to the car and keep clicking on the storm to the left of the car until the sandstorm comes. Put on goggles, keep clicking click square under the car to see symbols.
Click on the mirage in the snake screen (without passing the snake) to see symbols.
Get water again and again (empty your bucket wherever it lets you, e.g. on the bird) until the bucket reveals symbols.

There are as far 3 bad endings and 1 good ending but they were found out by trial and error... So maybe somebody has an idea how to combine the found hints to get the good solution. I haven't :S

Unregistered000
04-24-2006, 15:28:35
Boring

OneBun
04-24-2006, 18:39:56
Hint: Things only work out when you do them in the correct order.

Mistery
04-24-2006, 18:42:03
That doesn't help me, OneBun. :-(
I know 4 different possible orders to push the buttons to get the 4 different endings but I can't bring it in connection with the hints that I have found during the game.

Guestx
04-24-2006, 19:32:38
The order you collect them in is no way to tell what's correct, either. You can get any of those symbols first, or last.

Mistery
04-24-2006, 19:35:20
Yup, I played it 3 times through and there are different possibilities. So I can't really connect the hints with the solution.
But maybe OneBun can give us some explanation?

Elni
04-24-2006, 19:43:09
ok i have found 6 symbols till now. How do I use the mashine at the blue door?

Mistery
04-24-2006, 19:45:57
ok i have found 6 symbols till now. How do I use the mashine at the blue door?

Well, I have no explanation why this is the good solution (there are also 3 bad endings):
push the buttons in this order: 762138 and then push the triangle below.

Elni
04-24-2006, 19:48:55
Thanks Mistery.Can you please tell me how did you get the sequence (exuse my english), if it's ok with you?

Mistery
04-24-2006, 19:51:26
As I said before, I have no explanation for it. Found out every ending by cheating (you see the status bar on the bottom of your browser, and if there was some additional letter announced there for the next URL, I pushed the button). I don't know if that was understandable explained.

Guestx
04-24-2006, 19:51:49
I've found three ways to get the same bad ending and two good endings, but I'm still at a loss for how the lithographs tell you anything.

Mistery
04-24-2006, 19:53:21
What are your good endings?

Guestx
04-24-2006, 19:58:30
I did it the same way you did, but I got suspicious when the url changed from smn at the end to smh and hit the blue arrow right there. Went back and tried the h again later.

Mistery
04-24-2006, 20:04:07
Well, game solved, but I really would like to understand the solutions.

!@Scott@!
04-24-2006, 21:10:34
ahh i dont like the music when u win...where the vulture is saluting...its really offkey and annoying...just thought id share wit u

darkstar0609
04-25-2006, 01:56:11
this game is dumb everythings load really slow

OneBun
04-25-2006, 05:17:42
ahh i dont like the music when u win...where the vulture is saluting...its really offkey and annoying...just thought id share wit u

Sorry hun. Wrong ending. lol Anybody get it yet? There is a much happier ending than looking at that darn ugly vulture. If you see this in the end you have to retry.

Mistery
04-25-2006, 05:21:14
Just read what the author of the game explained, well...
Should I post it?

OneBun
04-25-2006, 06:26:12
Just read what the author of the game explained, well...
Should I post it?

Only if you think you should, that is if it is the way to get the solution. However, it is solvable. You have to be a logic person who loves numbers though to solve this one. I am one of those types of people! :wink:

OneBun
04-25-2006, 08:01:57
Did you notice that there are only 7 buttons on the panel.

The buttons represent like this:

The biggest problem is people start numbering with 1, 2, 3...

Start with 0,1,2...

There are 4 stones:

-mummy
-snake
-car
-mirage (upside down version of what is on the door)

Let me break it down for you:

6 = Turtle
5 = Starfish
0 = Octile number to be reversed
1 = Octile number to be reversed
2 = shell
7 = Eel (+ bonus)
--------------------------
shell = 4...same button but shows placement, b/c it came from the mirage, and mirrors or reflects what will go there, meaning the number of the button before will be switched with the 4th button.

So, how do we do this? Here is how:

8= Octopus stands for octile numbering... which means there are eight buttons. ...it helps with the mirage because the octile version of 8 in math is 10 in the formula it will switch to 01 because according to the mirage clue it switched at the 4th button.

That is the best I can do. This is why I said earlier that it is important the order you play the game. It took me a long time to figure this out but I am also good a math.

So, It is ordered visually this way:

It is...65012 but switches to 65102+7(for a bonus)

So for the best ending the solution is pushing the buttons in this order (remember buttons are numbered 0-7):

This is how it works.

unregistred
04-25-2006, 08:48:53
I can't to take bucket

Mistery
04-25-2006, 09:29:18
I can't to take bucket

Have you tried it this way:
Pick up jar with sand in front of mummy, go back, go to the right, click bucket of well, click it again, take bucket with water.

unregistred
04-25-2006, 10:04:38
Have you tried it this way:
Pick up jar with sand in front of mummy, go back, go to the right, click bucket of well, click it again, take bucket with water.
when i click bucket he said missed

unregistred
04-25-2006, 10:10:28
there is no handle its no possible to draw water

Mistery
04-25-2006, 10:13:24
The walkthrough says nothing about the handle ;-)

You have to take first jar (big vase) in front of the mummy. Then click on the bucket (the sand from the jar will put weight on it), the bucket goes down and comes up with water. Take bucket with water.

unregistrd
04-25-2006, 10:17:14
The walkthrough says nothing about the handle ;-)

You have to take first jar (big vase) in front of the mummy. Then click on the bucket (the sand from the jar will put weight on it), the bucket goes down and comes up with water. Take bucket with water.
thank you

unregistred
04-25-2006, 10:27:45
car dosnt move,when i put the water in

Mistery
04-25-2006, 10:29:01
The car only cools down when you put water on it.
Read the walkthrough to find out what you need for the car to move it.

unregistred
04-25-2006, 10:37:22
The car only cools down when you put water on it.
Read the walkthrough to find out what you need for the car to move it.
i need water, i know it,but where i need to put water?

Mistery
04-25-2006, 10:41:24
Okay, I might write down what I have got so far:

Door screen: click forward arrow. Pick up jar with sand in front of mummy, go back, go to the right, click bucket of well, click it again, take bucket with water. Go back to mummy, use water on mummy until you see symbols.
Get again water and use it on the car to cool it down.
Get again water and use it on the door to see symbols.
Take coke can, use it on the bird, keep clicking the bird until it goes into your inventory. Use bird on snake, when it's lifted up, click square under it to see symbols.
Pass the snake (if it doesn't let you, keep clicking the arrow until it lets you), pick up parachute. Go to the car, click it as long as it says that the parachute has been installed.
Pass snake again and pick up goggles (glasses), go back to the car and keep clicking on the storm to the left of the car until the sandstorm comes. Put on goggles, keep clicking click square under the car to see symbols.
Click on the mirage in the snake screen (without passing the snake) to see symbols.
Get water again and again (empty your bucket wherever it lets you, e.g. on the bird) until the bucket reveals symbols.

There are as far 3 bad endings and 1 good ending but they were found out by trial and error... So maybe somebody has an idea how to combine the found hints to get the good solution. I haven't :S

I'm sorry but I can't explain it more clear than in my walkthrough. It says what to get, where to put it etc.

lilmissstudent
04-25-2006, 14:41:05
i'm stuck!

Mistery
04-25-2006, 14:45:59
Well, that doesn't tell me where you need help or what is not clear in the walkthrough ;-)

lilmissstudent
04-25-2006, 14:56:40
oh don't worry about it, it doesn't always load, and is boring...

GRR
04-26-2006, 16:47:19
Dumb Game

Lara
04-27-2006, 20:21:13
Thank you, OneBun, for the walktrough about the panel. :hb:
I couldn't have finished the game without it. That kind of math is far beyond me. :au:

gitamerah
08-05-2006, 08:50:28
Huh? I clicked play... and was taken to a html riddle game. Is this link right? Was I supposed to see some sort of java or flash game?

Mistery
08-05-2006, 09:58:20
It is a HTML based game as it is also mentioned in the first post ;-)