PDA

View Full Version : Your Short Stories

LovelyUndeadVam
10-25-2008, 02:27:23
okay, so, i decided that since i didn't see anything about posting your own short stories in the first...i dunno, five pages i'm going to make a thread.

please don't make the short stories anything with chapters. it would be nice to have something...well...short.

i'll post one.

Warning, may make you cry. Very sad.

How Could You?

When I was a puppy I entertained you with my antics and made you laugh. You called me your child and despite a number of chewed shoes and a couple of murdered throw pillows, I became your best friend. Whenever I was "bad," you'd shake your finger at me and ask "How could you?" - but then you'd relent and roll me over for a bellyrub.

My housetraining took a little longer than expected, because you were terribly busy, but we worked on that together. I remember those nights of nuzzling you in bed, listening to your confidences and secret dreams, and I believed that life could not be any more perfect. We went for long walks and runs in the park, car rides, stops for ice cream (I only got the cone because "ice cream is bad for dogs," you said), and I took long naps in the sun waiting for you to come home at the end of the day.

Gradually, you began spending more time at work and on your career, and more time searching for a human mate. I waited for you patiently, comforted you through heartbreaks and disappointments, never chided you about bad decisions, and romped with glee at your homecomings, and when you fell in love.

She, now your wife, is not a "dog person" - still I welcomed her into our home, tried to show her affection, and obeyed her. I was happy because you were happy. Then the human babies came along and I shared your excitement. I was fascinated by their pinkness, how they smelled, and I wanted to mother them, too. Only she and you worried that I might hurt them, and I spent most of my time banished to another room, or to a dog crate. Oh, how I wanted to love them, but I became a "prisoner of love."

As they began to grow, I became their friend. They clung to my fur and pulled themselves up on wobbly legs, poked fingers in my eyes, investigated my ears and gave me kisses on my nose. I loved everything about them and their touch - because your touch was now so infrequent - and I would have defended them with my life if need be.

I would sneak into their beds and listen to their worries and secret dreams. Together we waited for the sound of your car in the driveway. There had been a time, when others asked you if you had a dog, that you produced a photo of me from your wallet and told them stories about me. These past few years, you just answered "yes" and changed the subject. I had gone from being "your dog" to "just a dog," and you resented every expenditure on my behalf.

Now you have a new career opportunity in another city, and you and they will be moving to an apartment that does not allow pets. You've made the right decision for your "family," but there was a time when I was your only family.

I was excited about the car ride until we arrived at the animal shelter. It smelled of dogs and cats, of fear, of hopelessness. You filled out the paperwork and said "I know you will find a good home for her." They shrugged and gave you a pained look. They understand the realities facing a middle-aged dog or cat, even one with "papers." You had to pry your son's fingers loose from my collar as he screamed "No, Daddy! Please don't let them take my dog!" And I worried for him, and what lessons you had just taught him about friendship and loyalty, about love and responsibility, and about respect for all life. You gave me a goodbye pat on the head, avoided my eyes, and politely refused to take my collar and leash with you. You had a deadline to meet and now I have one, too.

After you left, the two nice ladies said you probably knew about your upcoming move months ago and made no attempt to find me another good home. They shook their heads and asked "How could you?"

They are as attentive to us here in the shelter as their busy schedules allow. They feed us, of course, but I lost my appetite days ago. At first, whenever anyone passed my pen, I rushed to the front, hoping it was you - that you had changed your mind - that this was all a bad dream...or I hoped it would at least be someone who cared, anyone who might save me. When I realized I could not compete with the frolicking for attention of happy puppies, oblivious to their own fate, I retreated to a far corner and waited.

I heard her footsteps as she came for me at the end of the day and I padded along the aisle after her to a separate room. A blissfully quiet room. She placed me on the table, rubbed my ears and told me not to worry. My heart pounded in anticipation of what was to come, but there was also a sense of relief. The prisoner of love had run out of days. As is my nature, I was more concerned about her. The burden which she bears weighs heavily on her and I know that, the same way I knew your every mood.

She gently placed a tourniquet around my foreleg as a tear ran down her cheek. I licked her hand in the same way I used to comfort you so many years ago. She expertly slid the hypodermic needle into my vein. As I felt the sting and the cool liquid coursing through my body, I lay down sleepily, looked into her kind eyes and murmured "How could you?"

Perhaps because she understood my dogspeak, she said "I'm so sorry." She hugged me and hurriedly explained it was her job to make sure I went to a better place, where I wouldn't be ignored or abused or abandoned, or have to fend for myself - a place of love and light so very different from this earthly place. With my last bit of energy, I tried to convey to her with a thump of my tail that my "How could you?" was not meant for her. It was you, My Beloved Master, I was thinking of. I will think of you and wait for you forever.

May everyone in your life continue to show you so much loyalty.

End

if that didn't make you cry, i don't know what will. i almost cried myself, and i'd read it before. :'( it's very sad, but a good story. so, entertain us with YOUR short story.

DISCLAIMER: i did not write this. i found it online a few years back, and never really thought about it until i found a printed copy in my room. i'm sure that if you were to type "how could you?" into a google search bar, it would come up with the same thing.

someguy
10-25-2008, 02:35:58
I've seen this before. It's quite heartbreaking really.

LovelyUndeadVam
10-25-2008, 02:37:43
i know!!!

Chocbubbles
10-25-2008, 09:37:46
aww that made me cry :sad: :'(

LovelyUndeadVam
10-25-2008, 23:42:49
i did cry when i first read it. :( it's really sad.

Squirrel_Gal
10-30-2008, 21:40:39
awwww...

*sniffle*

LovelyUndeadVam
11-14-2008, 04:56:44
*hehehehe*

A Mother passing by her son's bedroom was astonished to see that his bed was nicely made and everything was picked up.

Then she saw an envelope, propped up prominently on the pillow that was addressed to 'Mom' with the worst premonition she opened the envelope with trembling hands and read the letter.

Dear Mom,

It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend because I wanted to avoid a scene with Dad and you. I have been finding real passion with Stacy and she is so nice. But I knew you would not approve of her because of all her piercing, tattoos, tight motorcycle clothes and the fact that she is much older than I am. But it's not only the passion...Mom she's pregnant. Stacy said that we will be very happy. She owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. We share a dream of having many more children.

Stacy has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone. We'll be growing it for ourselves and trading it with the other people that live nearby for cocaine and ecstasy. In the meantime we will pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so Stacy can get better. She deserves it. Don't worry Mom. I'm 15 and I know how to take care of myself. Someday I'm sure that we will be back to visit so that you can get to know your grandchildren.

Love,
Your Son Jon

P.S. Mom, none of the above is true. I'm over at Tommy's house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than the report card that's in my center desk drawer.

I love you.

Call me when it's safe to come home.

darn! why didn't i think of that? i could get my mom to stop yelling at me when she gets my report card! :haha:;)

someguy
11-14-2008, 18:03:18
hahahahHAHAHAHAHAHHALOLROFL!!!!

that was really funny, I laughed for quite a while.

Chocbubbles
11-15-2008, 07:16:56
ROFL! :rofl-smilie:
haha, that is awesome

Isaiah
11-15-2008, 07:53:35
the first one made me cry now i am bout to read the second.

OMG

I am going to use that

LovelyUndeadVam
12-20-2008, 20:30:54
hehehe, i laughed so hard that i fell off my bed when i first read the second one. that's why i posted it. :P

Justeazy
12-21-2008, 23:41:20
1st one: So sad, I almost cried (and it is hard to get me to cry)

2nd one: Funny, but screwed, *xD*

I got one, I gotta go find it... Hmm...

super_T
01-25-2009, 17:25:21
#1::sad::yar::(:'(:'(:'(:S:S:sad::sad::sad::yar: :yar: :yar::yar::yar::yar:
#2:LOL!!!! That was really funny!

Here's mine:

It was painstakingly silent. It was only two o’clock in the morning, but Apollo Omega was wide-awake. Bored to his wits, Apollo reached over to grab his Nintendo DS. He turned the power button on and began to play his favorite RPG. Suddenly, a tremendous earthquake flung him from his bed and onto the floor. He scurried towards his window to see what was happening; a large crack bubbling with molten lava had appeared in place of his back yard. Apollo could hear his parents screaming; they were trying to escape the house. He put his steel-toed boots and leather jacket on and jumped out the window, plummeting towards the massive crevice. He plunged into the lava as if he were at diving practice. The magma burned his skin. The burning sensation was overwhelming. Apollo knew that in only a short amount of time, he would turn into ash and die. Apollo did not know it, but he was swimming towards the center of the Earth. His whole life was flashing before his eyes like a feature length film. All of a sudden, the lava vanished. Apollo could only see an intense light. Eventually, two winged figures emerged from the light. Each figure wore nothing but a spotless white tunic tied with rope at the waist. From the instant he saw them, Apollo knew what the figures were; they were angels. They welcomed Apollo warmly and told him he was home.
“Am I dead?” he asked the angels.
“Yes and no. Today at 2:07, Judgment Day began.” the first angel declared.
“Yes, it is the end of the world as we know it.” the second angel added.
“Knowing you would dive into it, we created a giant crack in the earth so you would be able to travel here without completely dying.” angel one responded, “Oh! Excuse our horrible manners! My name is David and this is Thomas.”
“I’m Apollo.” Apollo told them.
“Apollo, we already know who you are. We have been watching over you since the day you were born.” Thomas replied, “You are probably wondering why you are here. It is because you are one of the people chosen to stay in Heaven for all of eternity.”
“What about my family?” Apollo queried.
“Do not worry about them. They are also among the many good people who God chose to stay with Him after the Apocalypse.” David answered.
“Now you must hurry up and get dressed. There is a washroom down the hall to your left. Wash yourself, dress in the garments we have provided you, and meet us in the dining hall.” Thomas instructed. Apollo realized he was in an enormous castle. He did as Thomas had told him and went to find the dining hall. He found his family and sat with them. They feasted for what seemed like days. After the feast had ended, Apollo and his family moved into God’s palace. There they lived for all of eternity.

Justeazy
01-25-2009, 18:46:17
Is that the ending?
It seems incomplete, but good nonetheless...
question, why did he randomly jump into the magma??!?!?!!

super_T
01-25-2009, 20:49:22
It isn't incomplete. And he was jumping down because he was trying to escape his house like his parents. Since the whole backyard was replaced with the magma, he had no choice but to dive in.

LovelyUndeadVam
01-25-2009, 21:27:14
Very religious Super T. :) I thought that it was very good.

super_T
01-26-2009, 00:50:01
Thanks!

LovelyUndeadVam
01-26-2009, 21:08:52
edit!!! OMG I'M SORRY! There's a word I need to fix!

edit2: great, I completely forgot this had things in it that aren't suited for littler kids...

It's absolutely no problem T. :)

Here's one that I wrote for another site:

Not suited for children under the age of 13.

*Note:
Karan = CARE-en
Charisse = Sure-EEZ*

“...Can she really see us...?”

“You know, normally, when I say something, I mean it. You know that.”

“I know...but it doesn't seem like she can see us...”

“Trust me,” Don, my light haired, dark eyed friend said to me, “just keep looking down and she won't know that we're watching her.” he flipped through the pages of his newspaper, pretending to read it with his eyes closed.

“Oh! She's looking this way!” I panicked.

“Just keep looking down, Karan. She's not going to know.” Don looked so confident; I envied him. Me? I'm just a normal teenage male, dark brown hair and light green eyes. Just like any other teenager, I was timid of the opposite sex. There was this girl, her name was Charisse, and I'd been watching her for some time. I know, that seems a little creepy, but she was the most beautiful, modest, heartfelt person at this school.

Don already had a girlfriend, but she was not quite as innocent as she said she was. He knew that she was sleeping around, but he didn't care. I was surprised that he didn't already have some kind of sexually transmitted disease. Seriously...

“Karan, she's not looking.” Don pointed out. I looked at him, surprised. How did he even know? He wasn't even looking at her! I looked over there, and there she was, flipping her hair and laughing while sitting on the picnic blanket. This was our out time. We got to sit out for a while from school. They thought we needed some time to get fresh air, or what they thought was fresh air. It was really polluted like any other place.

Charisse looked my way, smiling and blushing. She waved at me. I felt my cheeks get hot as I timidly waved back at her. The smile on her face grew wider. She said something quickly to her friends and got up. I couldn't help but notice that the school issued skirt that all the girls wore—which was just a tad too short—went up a little and revealed some pretty looking laced, black underwear. I looked back at her eyes, trying not to let her know I was staring. She smiled again and started to walk my way. I felt my heart race with every footfall. Don patted my shoulder—still not looking, because he just somehow knew—very comfortingly. I looked at him and nodded. This was it.

“Hi Karan.” Charisse said in a light, kind voice. I looked over her blond curls, her blue eyes, her soft red lips. I felt butterflies in my stomach. God, she was so beautiful.

“H-hi Charisse.” I stuttered and laughed a little. My hand flew up to the back of my head. That's what I did when I was nervous. She giggled.

“Hey, so, do you want to hang out right now?” my mouth dropped.

“Sure.”

“Okay, I'll be over there when you're ready.” Charisse smiled, waved, walked away. The butterflies went away. I let out a huge sigh. That was wondrous.

“What are you waiting for, Karan? Get over there.” Don said. He was looking at me now, and I held my breath for a second.

“I know...I know...” I took a few breaths. This was it. My time to shine. To impress. I only hoped that she would like me after getting to know me. My personality was consisted of me being shy. Now, I know most guys aren't supposed to be shy, but the way I was raised...

I begun walking over to Charisse. To my surprise, my heart was steady and my stomach was settled. I wasn't nervous...I was...excited.

“Hey Charisse.” I smiled a broad smile.

“Hi.” she smiled back.

This was the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

End

2 Tails
03-21-2009, 20:31:25
This one chapter and that is it!

Charaters:
Hector-A boy who lives alone and his own boss.VERY RANDOM.But very quiet.
Link-Hector's pet.A riolu who can speak english!Very calm and Honest.
Zachary-A nerd who wants Hector to be his friend.(Hector refuses and if they do,he got tricked!)He wants Link very badly.
Zachary's mom:She is a mom,duh.
Zachary's dad:Husband to his wife duh.
Brandoen:Zachary's brother he wished that he was the oldest.
Trevor:Zachary's youngest brother,VERY ANNOYING AND HE HITS LINK!
Tasheem:Zachary's friend.VERY ANNOYING ASLO.
Kyle:IN this story,he gives info to help him escape.
On to the story!

One friday.....
Hector was planning a relaxing weekend until he insulted Zachary and had to spend the night with him.
He left with Link got to get greeted by his mom....he was hugged to deaf.
As Link climbed up a tree he said:"OMG! His mom is treating hector like a baby!" Hector was blue when got out and told Link to get down.
When he entered,Hector was surprized about all the Red and Green!
Link was on the couch when has pushed off by Zachary's dad!
Link said:"IF YOU PUSH ME OFF AGAIN I'LL I'LL-"
Then when he looked at him he was scared to death and Hector got him.
Hector said to Link:"If you ruin our plan we going to live here!" Link thought..
said "OH NOES!" He points to Trevor.I see him with a wooden sword and he jumped on Link and started to hit him with the sword.He said:"Giggy up!"
Then Hector glared at him with a cold,strong look....he ran off! He said to Link
"Are you ok?" Link nodded and we got the stairs.Zachary greeted him and he
and Link fell to the floor with a hard dud!He petted Link to the point Hector called for Hector and pushed Zachary down.
He said:"Welcome!If you act up,I'll call your mom and let you live here!"
Link wanted to punch him in the face but couldn't.
by dinner his mom called my mom and told to him and Link live here.
That are surprized by the lie.
Zachary cheered and Hector frowned.
Link was crying and he excused him and Link from the table.
Hector said:"Link was going to escape tomorrow."
It is the day where we can fool around.(Saturday)
By 11:00 am Hector and Link got out just to get taunted by Tasheem,
he jokingly said:"Snorlax and Non-Link!"
I commanded Link to punch him in the face and Tasheem fell down and we ran!
Afew miles away I stopped and saw a guard dog.....Link used Aura sphere and
the dog fainted.We got a chain and a stake.GWe pulld some lumber off the
fences of the unsold houses. and Got back.By the night we went up stairs and get a place of twine and tied it to the stake and Link threw just enough tp pierce the tree bark.Hector put the chain on a Large rock I found in Zachary's room and Link and Hector the chain and climbed down the tree.
We got out with leaving holograms....
end.
room.

Nunu
08-12-2009, 16:48:57
Poor dog. It's so heartbreaking. I hate when people do this. They only have a dog to comfort themselves, when they KNOW that having a pet bears a burden, and with the comfort that it provides comes responsibility. Once they don't need the comfort anymore, and they get what they want, BOOM, the pet is banished from their lives. Pet's aren't just a cuddly, understanding toy that you can easily sell. A pet is your lifelong friend, and should stay that way, whether you're in the dumps or skyhigh. And maybe people really are too stupid to realize if no one takes the pet from the shelter, they DIE.
As they say, there really IS no intelligent life on earth...

Nunu
08-19-2009, 21:22:36
Continuing Brain Hotel, The Comic Book Game
"You made me realize I HATE this town!" said Ed. "Emotional breakthrough?" Robot 6 asked skeptically. "Yep. Hate is an emotion." said Ed, as they drove away out of the crazy town of A Thousand Villains.
Soon, Ed reached his small, cozy apartment at the outskirts of TTOAV (The Town Of A Thousand Villains). "Well, this is home. Feel free to do whatever you like." And with that, Ed collapsed into his sofa, and started snoring. The robot walked around nervously, constantly scanning his surroundings like a new dog just bought from the pound. Finally, Robot 6 decided to do something useful for Ed. A Robot's point of view for "useful" is something like a nuclear explosion in your house, to get rid of those pesky mice. He marched to the bathroom, and opened the door. He found that the tub had just enough room for his plans.
Immediately, Robot 6 flew to the nearest Car Shop. He paid for a can of Motor Oil and some Thingumies that the shop recently restocked on. The cashier treated the robot as if he were just another ordinary customer. Being a citizen in TTOATV, you must always be prepared for the unexpected.
Soon, Robot 6 reached Ed's home, and found Ed awake and watching TV. Ed greeted Robot 6, and asked where he was. Robot 6 replied that he was at a carshop. Assuming that Robot 6 wanted to fix himself up, Ed did not concern himself with it.
A few bustling minutes later, Robot 6 was done with his creation. He looked down, and petted his new Robodog fondly. Ed, curious at his new friend's dissappearance, checked in on Robot 6. At the sight of the Robodog, Ed could not decide whether he should feel amazed or angry. The robot had wasted Ed's money! But Ed decided to let it go. The robot must be lonely without any robot friends.
So, Ed had a pretty normal day, showered, had dinner, and went to sleep. Early the next morning, Ed woke up to a bright, and sunshiney day filled with warmth and friednliness. Ed took Robot 6 with him to do his job, in case Ed needed any help.
"Next stop... Prodsville lane, room numero 575." Ed declared to no one in particular. "Why ar you so happy?" inquired Robot 6. "Nope, not happy. Just to start off my mornin' enthusiasm." Ed said. The robot stayed silent, not knowing what to say to this. Bored with driving, Ed started thinking. Thinking about his wife, who ran away with his dog. Thinking about Brain hotel, andhow he managed to save the world. And he pondered on how strangely Prosville lane sounded like Prods Villaine. As in Villain. Nearly crashing into the car in from of him, Ed decided that it would be better to focus on the road... And when he arrived... He saw...
TO BE CONTINUED! (Not that any of you would be still interested in knowing the next part.)
please visit Impulsitivity.webs.com. Thank you, I appreciate it!

holcat27
10-12-2009, 20:38:36
Well, here's mine. A bit random, but bear with it, OK? It has a deep, emotional ending.

Once upon a time there was a seahorse called Bob. Bob was very depressed for no apparent reason. Then he realised that he was, in fact, a frog. Then he realised that he was allergic to water because it made him come out in purple and orange spots. Bob thought to himself, "How can I be a frog if I am allergic to water?" And then he discovered that he wasn't a frog. He was a fly. So Bob flew far, far away from the pond that held only bad memories and nightmares for him, and he flew up into the geat open skies, and as he flew he came across a gentle pigeon...
Wait a minute. That pigeon was smaller than he was. He glanced back over his shoulder and found that he had a neck, and he was bigger than the pigeon. Bob thought that he must be an albatross, so he flew further and further, out to sea, enjoying the sensation of sea spray in his face, yet feeling... wrong. As if he didn't belong.
The sensation did not last long. Suddenly, Bob was falling, spiralling down, down, down, into a deep dark pit of despair. He realised with a jolt that he had been shot. But sailors didn't shoot albatrosses, did they? They thought it was bad luck. And his final thought, as he fell towards the deck of a ship, was that he would never truly know who he was.

Bob woke with a start. He got up, and somehow just kept getting up, until he was in the air. He wasn't flying, just floating. As if he was somehow part of the air. He looked around him. There he was, on the deck of that ship he had seen when he had been an albatross.
His eyes were drawn sickeningly towards a creature's body lying at an unnatural angle near by. And as he clapped eyes on that creature's body, Bob knew what was going on.
He was dead. That body was his own corpse.
And Bob knew why he had never belonged anywhere he had been, be it the pond or the skies.
Because the type of creature that Bob was is rejected by Mother Earth for all their sins against the world that they call home.
Bob knew that the unnatural feeling he had been having was because he had not been in the right place for his species. He had been trying to take over the place of other creatures.
Can you guess what Bob really was all along?

Yes, that's right.

He was human.

Mistery
10-12-2009, 22:15:24
Great and deep stories :appl: