Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survey from Renegade

Dear GamersHood Members,

Renegade (creator of the Leaving Your Room series, and a lot more games) has asked me to post a few questions, that are important to him for the development of his future games.

Please take a few minutes to answer these questions, thank you!

1/ What's your favourite room escape style game?
    2/ What did you like most about it?
    3/ Is storyline important in this type of game?
    4/ Have you ever stopped playing a game because something in it offended you?
    5/ Would you play a game with a controversial theme, or just avoid it completely?
    6/ How important are endings to this sort of game?
    7/ Do multiple possible endings persuade you to play a game more than once?
    8/ What's your favourite movie?

Oh, ok... lemme see then

1/ I like multiple rooms escape games the most, I guess.
    2/ It depends on what game it is. Some I like if they have cute graphics, other if they are made with a sense of humor and then there are those that offer brain teasers that are really well made
    3/ If there is a story line it's only for the better in my opinion, as long as it makes some kind of sense
    4/ Yes, I have but it has rarely happened.
    5/ Depends on what kind of controversial theme it is. Some themes might make me curious while I may find others offensive. Example: Is it allowed to poke a nose in public? (Funny and silly controversial argument) as opposed to The bad religion (more serious and may be disrespectful).
    6/ I personally appreciate a good ending very much.
    7/ Yes, I don't mind replaying just to find out about a second ending but then it's better if there is a save option if the game is large or if the game is short, then start all over
    8/ Movie?... I dunno... there are so many Drama would be La Strada, with Anthony Quinn Sci Fi gotta be Star Wars (all of them ), Fantasy.... uhm... I like the Harry Potter movies but also Lord of the Rings, Comedy... oh, hard. I like Charlie Chaplin in The Gold Rush or See No Evil, Hear No Evil with Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder. Action is too hard. My taste seems ta change with every new movie made Thrillers are also hard.... oh, I dunno... Gothika or the sort
    Last edited by Lilliputt; 11-13-2008, 21:12:29.

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

1. my favorite style I prefer the room escapes with more then one angle even one's with more rooms to them
      2. depends on the game, I like the layouts(how they designed the room), the graphics, what is said in the game, like sayings that make you laugh
      3.it's not to important for a story like but I like when games do have them, then you get a feel of whats going on.
      4.I'm not really sure, but if it was offensive to me, depending on what it was I might not play it.
      5.I would probably play it, if it had controversial themes, depending on what it's about.
      6. I think they are important, I like the good endings
      7.I like finding the endings, but finding multiple endings is fine too! as long as it wasn't a long game and you couldn't save, I might not be as prone to replay them.
      8.my favorite movie? wow this is a tough one, I love Horror movies! but I have so many favorites like, Life as a house, Halloween, Casablanca, the Phantom of the opera, to kill a mocking bird, fear and loathing in Las Vegas, Sweeney Todd, Just to name a few

*~The Shining Star of GH~~*

The riddlers gang: Vivi, Sumitra, Hunter, Bizarrochick, Monkey, Archaicdome, and Teeodd!
      June 15th is fundayja day! July 9th is Teeodd day! July 10th is Sumitra day! July 11th is Shining day! September 13th is Crazy day! September 18th is Robot day! October 13th is Party 4 Ever day! March 15th is Archaicdome day!

*~a proud Mommy to be~*

Comment

I really liked the Viridian Room, Crimson Room, and MOTAS series. Possibly my favorites have been the Gotmail games, though, such as Escape the Bar and Escape the Hair Salon. (Sorry - it's so hard to select a favorite. ) And honestly, I'm a sucker for your games. I love how they use so much humor.

I really loved the graphics, but I also enjoyed the puzzles. It seemed to have made a lot of sense, and also was difficult, but doable.

It's always nice (such as in the Gotmail games that I love), but it's not necessary, no.

Nah, I don't really get offended easily, and I really haven't seen a lot of games be overly offensive. I wouldn't want to play a game that is all based on "bashing" a particular group of people, though.

5/ Would you play a game with a controversial theme, or just avoid it completely?

Sure I'd play. It would have to be pretty bad for me to avoid it altogether. Racist comments are something that I really don't tolerate, for example.

I do love a good ending that sort of ties the game together. It can really make you feel as though you were escaping for a reason. But, the ending aren't super important, either. I've played many escape games I really liked that just said, "You have escaped." I guess it would be MORE important if the game was especially difficult.

Sometimes. I'm very short on time often, and so even then, I can't always replay it. If it's a short point 'n' click type game (like those from Minoto) I will often replay it. Longer games, not normally.

Nothing that would likely make this survey helpful. I'm a sucker for The Princess Bride and Love Actually.

Comment

The funny ones. There's only so much "DANGER! YOU'RE RUNNING OUT OF AIR!!!" I can take.

I can't say. It was all great.

I personally prefer EGs with no storyline, as it adds to the mystery of why you're there.

It' very hard to offend me, so no.

As Lilli said, Racism is a thing that isn't exactly going to raise you in my books.

In this type of genre, I believe that endings should end with a funny twist.

Yes.

I like to find every nook and cranny in a game before I'm finished with it.

I really can't say.

It's between:

The Dark Knight

Snatch.

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

And a lot of others...
          Ghost member of GFARDTO

Online Family

Sisters - Super T and Humphryboop
          Brother - Awsomeman

Sanity is futile...So be LOONEY!

Ghost of the Loonies

Comment

I don't really have 1 favorite, but I like those that are not pixel hunterish (sorry, that's GH language I think ), have nice puzzles, have good graphics, and make sense.
            For example, I like the Gotmail games especially for their artwork, the Geek Quest series, Matt Sandorf - Journey to the Endless, The Cell, Escape from Camp Crystal Lake (without the fight scenes ), or the games by Aztec (Escape from The Island, Escape from Octlien etc.).

Nice graphics, challenging but not too difficult puzzles, some locations to explore, understandable logics, not much pixel hunting.

Well, some kind of storyline would be nice, but it doesn't have to be very deeply elaborated.

I can't remember of any such case in connection with room escape games.

It depends. But as previous posters have also pointed out, I wouldn't like to play games that offend certain groups of people.
            And well, playing games is for me also a sort of getting rid for a while of all the controversial or difficult themes in real life

Ummm, I'm certainly not struggling through games to get a blank screen at the end
            Seriously though, some kind of satisfying end would be nice, so that you feel rewarded in some way for playing: that at the end things clear up, or that there is a funny or surprising ending, or a happy end through your actions etc.

Yes, if I really enjoy a game, I'd certainly try to get another ending, too.

Again a difficult question, I like epic movies with a touch of phantasy, mystery or adventure without too much special effects and action. Like Lord of the Rings for example.

Comment

i dunno.. sniper ones?

The one with your key to get to other rooms is fun, maybe you should have more rooms lol( i think i was thinking something but i forgot

That is isn't too hard, or it could be, but i can't think of how i like it
              doesn't have to be
              no
              play it
              i love surprise endings
              not really, if they endings are THAT good then yes, and if the game was good..... but the game would probably be the same process so if it took a while to re-do it then......who knows
              Monkey the Magnicent

Comment

I enjoy most room escape games, as long as they're logical. Also, like Mistery, no pixel hunting, please!

I just like looking for random objects and trying to solve the puzzles.

Not usually... Most of them have the same premise.... (You wake up in a strange room, your head hurts, get out!) But ones with a good story-line usually get a plus from me.

No, I usually stop playing because I get stuck and can't get unstuck.
                EDIT: Oops, just found a game I couldn't finish for ethical reasons... I probably won't play a game if it requires me to kill a turkey.

Depends on how controversial it is, or what the subject is. I'm not easily offended.

I'm happy to just get to the ending! A simple "YOU ESCAPED!" will make me happy.

Of course!!

I can't pick just one... I love The Wizard of Oz, The Labyrinth, The Princess Bride and The Ghost and the Darkness.
                Last edited by Crimsonthread; 11-18-2008, 02:29:59.
                sigpic

Comment

ok lets see how this goes...

1/ What's your favourite room escape style game?I like The Cell and any game with good graphics. like most people here i think, i absolutely hate pixel hunting games.

2/ What did you like most about it?i love good graphics and if it's a long game i love it to have a save button so u don't have to start again if u leave ur game

3/ Is storyline important in this type of game?no, but it has to have some underlying theme, like it can't be completely random and you hve no idea wats going on

4/ Have you ever stopped playing a game because something in it offended you?yes, once

5/ Would you play a game with a controversial theme, or just avoid it completely?i would play it for a bit to see wat it was like, if it was getting to me i would stop

6/ How important are endings to this sort of game?not that important i like a cool ending that doesn't go on for toooo long

7/ Do multiple possible endings persuade you to play a game more than once?it really depends on my mood

8/ What's your favourite movie?oh, that's hard i hve so many ...um ok i love national treasure, 21, epic movie, date movie, any kind of horror movie as long as it's scary , the scary movie movies and yeah that's about it
                  Last edited by Chocbubbles; 11-16-2008, 03:03:05.
                  sigpic

Comment

Survey Answers

1/ I really liked the crimson room, viridian room etc they are the first games i ever played and it's what got me hooked. I like the gotmail series. I also like spy type escape games with good story line.

2/ I liked these rooms cause they were tricky but logical. I also like the great graphics of the gotmail series. If there's more than one room it's got to have a good story line.....

3/ I think i've answered this with my rambling before... if it's one room, storyline probably not so important unless it's part of a series (but the problem solving should be logical). If there's more than one room then yes I think a storyline is important

4/ No, not that I can think of.. except if maybe a bit gorey!

5/ Depends on whether I find it controversial or not.

6/ It's got to have an end.. but I'm not fussy. As long as I know I've escaped... I'm good.

7/ Not usually... unless it's somewhere in the beginning that changes the whole game. It's like re-reading a book....

8/ Favourite movie... I'd have to say the Lord of the Rings series. I can't get enough of them. I also like the Bourne series movies.. but I love all those books too...

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." Albert Einstein

Comment

Crimson room and Viridian rooms were really good. Also the MOTAS was amazing because of its length and My Diamond Baby was good. So basically the challenging ones
                      they are challenging and take lots of logic
                      ya alot
                      not really......not that i can recall
                      Depends on that theme. Possibly.....
                      I like them to not just end but be something interesting lol
                      ya
                      Hotrod
                      She's the man
                      Darknight
                      Harry Potters
                      Secret Garden
                      they are all my fav!
                      Sister Dia <3
                      Elite Member of GFARDTO

Why Are YOU Worrying about You-Know-Who?
                      You SHOULD Be Worrying About
                      U-NO-POO -
                      the CONSTIPATION SENSATION That's Gripping the Nation!

Why so Serious?

Comment

1/ What's your favourite room escape style game?/Ones with multiple rooms and ones that use logic to complete them

2/ What did you like most about it?/well the multiple rooms make it a little more challenging and longer and the logic makes the game seem realalistic

3/ Is storyline important in this type of game?/YES but no is if it the same old stupid you wake up in a room and you dont remember anything and your head hurts line:hmhm:

4/ Have you ever stopped playing a game because something in it offended you?No i have never had one offend me

5/ Would you play a game with a controversial theme, or just avoid it completely?It does depend on what the subject is

6/ How important are endings to this sort of game?they are very important because usualy the ending is you made it you won an epilogue would be nice for once

7/ Do multiple possible endings persuade you to play a game more than once?yes because if you gett the bad one you want to get the good one

8/ What's your favourite movie? Probably action movies like rush hour movies
                        sigpic

Comment

I pretty much like them all, unless they are just to complex, not logical

I just like being able to solve them

not really, but I like a good ending.

have yet to find one that offended me

I'd play it.

Its nice to have a good ending.

depends, if it took me forever or not to get out the first time LOL.

I have way to many favorites to pick just one!
                          Peace~Love~Happiness

Comment

No pixel hunting, challenging, logic. Great graphics is a plus too.
                            I have played many escape games, but a few of my favourites are:
                            Strawberry Tomato & Bon Voyage (gotmail), Out" file #01 (however I never was able to finish it), Escape from Octolien. I would like to name Mateusz Skutnik's games too (like the Submachines and DayMare Town), but those are not room escapes.

Challenging, not too easy and logic puzzles, much to explore, (more or less) logic story line, nice/great graphics.

It has preference, but isn't necessary

A few times, but I can’t recall it ever happened while playing a room escape.

It depends, but in generally it wouldn't be a point to play a game or not.

A clear confirmation you have finished the game is the least I expect. But the satisfaction is greater when a game has i.e. a nice, or funny ending.

Only when I really enjoyed the game, or when the game was quite short.

I don't know, but some movies that come to my mind are:
                            Braveheart, Train Spotting, Good Bye Lenin,The Shawshank Redemption, A Fish called Wanda, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Fight Club, The Cook The Thief His Wife & Her Lover, La Vita è Bella, Taxi 1, The NeverEnding Story, As Good as It Gets, American Beauty, The Matrix 1, Silence of the Lambs, Saw 1.
                            Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Anything with a dark tone really gets me thinking.
                              How things jump out at you and the suspense of these types of games.
                              I would like some type of storyline.
                              No. I will usually play through a game even if something in there was offensive. I can get passed that.
                              I would probably play it if it interested me.
                              Something that would satisfy the struggle and hardships of using my brain on overtime for an hour would be nice.
                              If the game is good enough, then I'll go back and play again.
                              8/ What's your favourite movie
                              ???...well, I suppose the saw series is my favorite.

Comment

Working...
                              X