Rotis (Puzzle game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotis (Puzzle game)

Rotis is a downloadable game for Windows only. I made Rotis, so I'm pretty sure nobody else has submitted it.

Link: Download here (317 KB)

(I plan to eventually make it better and then sell the improved version, but at the moment it is freeware. That doesn't disqualify Rotis, does it?)

On to the description! Well, you could simply click the link to get a description. But instead, I'll tell you what it's like! Rotis is a puzzle game in which the player moves a cursor around, which can do nothing but swap horizontally adjacent blocks. By getting matches of three or more, the goal of the game (in most of the modes, anyway--there are currently 7 modes) is to cause a rock to land directly in a portal. The interesting aspect is that the entire play area rotates each time a match or sequence of matches is made. Wooden blocks are destroyed by making a match with adjacent blocks, and they can be very helpful in getting the rocks where they need to be.

Rotis is currently playable in both English and French (assuming your operating system is set to French).

Edit: Oh, in case anyone's interested in the technical aspect of it, Rotis was programmed from scratch in Visual Basic 6 using OpenGL, and DirectX 7 for music (which is why the Windows Vista version currently doesn't have music). That'll be fixed. There are videos of the creation of Rotis on YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz-j_7l9OAA
    Last edited by Adventure; 11-23-2008, 19:39:54. Reason: added the info it's a downloadable game

You could have mentioned that this is a DOWNLOAD only game ;-)
    Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose

Comment

I thought that went without saying for free games. I mean, who's going to give out free game CDs when it costs money to make CDs?

Comment

DeProgrammer, many games here are available online--not downloads. That's what Scarface meant.
        sigpic

Comment

Oh, I gotcha now. (Still, even most "online" games are downloaded! Anything that's Flash or Java is cached, after all... But I can think of at least two online games that really aren't downloaded--they're HTML-based MMOs.)

Comment

Working...
          X