Disaster Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disaster Movie

I was going to do this review, and try to make fun of a serious movie. But after seeing this, I decided I would try to take a serious look at what was supposed to be a funny movie(keywords: supposed to be).
    Disaster Movie is the upcoming addition to the slew of generically-themed spoof movies from writer/directors Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer. These two people are responsible for Date Movie, Epic Movie and Meet the Spartans. They also took the Scary Movie franchise and somehow made it even worse than it already was. Who thought you could take something created by the Wayans brothers and actually make it worse than before?
    There most recent movie was, "Meet the Spartans," which got a 2.4/10 rating on IMDb. That should make you think, "Wow, this movie kinda sucks." Well, you would be mistaken. I think that the presidential election was funnier than this. Actually, I'm pretty sure there were more people laughing during the election than during this movie.
    When I was watching the movie, I got through about ten minutes before I wanted my money back. Then I realised that I didn't pay for the movie. I wanted momentary compensation for a movie I didn't even pay to see.
    Most of the criticism comes from a released trailer before the movie. These things are supposed to have the best parts in them, but I guess they were going for, "Lets put the worst parts in here so the movie will be better when they see it" approach.
    On one hand, you have to respect their ability to spoof movies before they even come out. But then again, maybe if they spent time writing it might not fail so incredibly bad.
    When I started writing this, I thought maybe, just maybe, I could somehow sway even one person who worked at Lionsgate to make them realize they're polluting theaters with this garbage. Then I saw the other movies they have coming out. A Dane Cook romantic comedy and Nicholas Cage in Bangkok Dangerous. I now realize how futile my attempt was.

RATING: 0/10
    Last edited by someguy; 12-19-2008, 22:16:55. Reason: AS NOT TO OFFEND

I thought this movie was very funny like all their other ones and it made me laugh alot I would rate it a 8/10 and recommend people to see it

Comment

Your one of the very few people I know that would recomend it.
      The movie got bad ratings by praticaly every critic that rated it. It's also full of idiotic pop culture references.
      Last edited by someguy; 12-19-2008, 22:16:01.

Comment

I don't listen to reviews Almost everyone I know has always liked this series and enjoy watching it

Comment

I'm very relieved that we all are different concerning our tastes, and not clones

We all know the saying "There's no accounting for taste." (I hope that's the correct wording in English), so everyone is free to like or dislike certain movies, games, books etc. according to their own personal taste

Comment

This movie is in the top 5 list of the worst movies ever on IMDb !!!
            Last edited by Clank; 12-21-2008, 16:23:23.
            New York!
            Concrete jungle where dreams are made of,
            There's nothing you can’t do,

Now you're in New York!
            These streets will make you feel brand new,
            These lights will inspire you,
            Let's hear it for New York, New York, New York

JAY Z AND ALICIA KEYS - EMPIRE STATE OF MIND CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Mistery View Post
              I'm very relieved that we all are different concerning our tastes, and not clones

We all know the saying "There's no accounting for taste." (I hope that's the correct wording in English), so everyone is free to like or dislike certain movies, games, books etc. according to their own personal taste
              I agree with da alien. We go watch da movie tagether and if it is good we laugh... if it is bad, I will hide behind you

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

After I watched this movie, I wanted to sue the producers for an hour and a half of my life back.

You may ask yourself why I never turned it off in the middle of it when it became too ridiculous for me to stand.
                And I will answer that question for you:
                I am one of those people that watches a movie all the way through hoping in vain that it gets better. Not to mention, that way I get what I supposedly paid for.

I even watched the movie 'Elephant' all the way through.
                Not 'Elephant MAN', but 'Elephant'.
                There was no plot, it was poorly done, and basically just a depressing movie that left you feeling like you ought to shoot yourself.
                Definitely not worth the time.
                xoxo
                Kate the Great!

lover. <3

Comment

They don't make them like they used to, a phrase that gets thrown around a lot however in this case is very true. Gone are the days of classic film parodies such as airplane or even scary movie, now we are forced to watch garbage like 'meet the Spartans, superhero movie, and epic movie' and many more features that shouldn't see the light of day. Disaster movie like predicted is a huge disaster.
                  Disaster Movie this time follows and tries to parody the movie Cloverfield and adds a lot of non funny pop culture jokes along the way. Will, Amy and Calvin played by Matt Lanter, Vanessa Minnillo, and Gary 'G Thang' Johnson are at the centre of the story, these three friends embark across the city to save Will's love Lisa played by Kim Kardashian who is trapped in a history museum.
                  Along the way these 3 team up with parody versions of the movie Juno and Disney's Enchanted's princess, other movies to get the parody treatment are Iron man, Batman, The incredible Hulk and Indiana Jones also celebrities such as Hannah Montana, Jessica Simpson and Dr Phil get the parody treatment.
                  Last edited by Yvonne; 04-25-2011, 15:10:56. Reason: Removed add link

Comment

There are a lots of good movies for the same genre , but I would like to go with 2012 movie that is really good to enjoy and employs a best theme and message for we all.
                    Last edited by Yvonne; 05-09-2011, 19:21:43. Reason: Removed link

Comment

Working...
                    X