PDA

View Full Version : I Can Guess - TESTERS NEEDED!!!!

icanguess
01-31-2009, 05:20:23
Hi gamer friends,
I am creating a funny online puzzle game. Idea is to guess the character player has choosen with asking few questions.
Game is learning informations on character after players answers questions.
More are the players, more the game will be smart.

I need your feedback to improve the game and presentation to have something more userfriendly.
Technical advices (on design, technology, algo) are welcome.

Now, let's play and give me your feedback.
Go and have fun at www.icanguess.com

Thanks and have a good week end.

Purp
01-31-2009, 06:02:19
If you want feedback or other advice, you might want to try here, too.
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46

icanguess
01-31-2009, 06:28:55
I'll do that.

jack
01-31-2009, 09:35:36
I like the interactive nature of this. It didn't guess my character, but hopefully my answers will make it that much more accurate.

icanguess
01-31-2009, 09:42:56
Thanks Jack for your test and shame on me if the game didn't guesses your character!
I'am working to improve it but as of today my database of knowledge is not big enough but it will grow with players answers.

Don't hesitate to come back to see improvements.

Thanks

For kind people who had tested my game. You will very kind if you give me your feedback, you can send it to the mail address wich is on my website.

Thanks

funja
02-02-2009, 05:13:45
sounds intersesting and i love testing so starting now

Stickman220
02-03-2009, 08:24:09
Lol i was thinking Tinky Winky (from teletubies) and the second guess was spiderman. But it will probably become more accurate as it becomes used more!

Mistery
02-03-2009, 20:48:32
Just wanted to test, but you have only 5 countries to choose from?!? :o
At least you could add "other" if you don't want to make a long list ;) Should I pretend now to come from one of those 5 countries? Or do you only want testers from those countries :?

funja
02-03-2009, 20:52:19
lol mistery is left out aww :P it guessed mine first time barrack obama but i really didnt understand at first i would say it would need some instructions or an introduction (i figured out it is like 20 questions so i undrstood but some others still might not)

The First Door
02-03-2009, 23:53:53
Hiya,

Just had a quick test of your game and it seems pretty good! I like the fact you can see the probabilities, it allows you to see the games reasoning behind the choice which is something I normally miss in this sort of guessing engine. I'll give it a few more tests this evening and report back to you!

icanguess
02-05-2009, 03:20:41
Just wanted to test, but you have only 5 countries to choose from?!? :o
At least you could add "other" if you don't want to make a long list ;) Should I pretend now to come from one of those 5 countries? Or do you only want testers from those countries :?

Mystery, Don't foget that the game is still in testing. Will add more countries later.
You can also play without giving a username and country (anonymous mode), just click on button "new game".

Thanks a lot for your feedback

Mistery
02-05-2009, 19:59:38
Thanks for your feedback.
I've tested it, and it's really fun :D
Although it didn't guess my characters, but I think the more people contribute, the better the characters will be guessed. :)

Snizzbut
02-26-2009, 20:49:49
is mario in your game?

I got to 99 questions and it crashed, i didnt see mario on the list once, even when it asked 'are they italian' and 'do they have a moustache'

I think maybe if your first question was 'Are they a real person or a fictional character' would help rule out a lot of names.

icanguess
02-27-2009, 03:32:53
Hi Snizzbut,

thanks for testing my game.
There are not all characters in my game...the game is learning when players play and create/add new character (and new question).
About your second remark, the game will not ask question in a predefine order but with a statistical logic depending on informations it learned from previous games: the game is learning...

The most important step of the game is to save your character at the end of questions...

Thanks and any comments are welcome.

brainisdead
03-04-2009, 00:10:30
well it didnt get either of mine but i added them ;-)

maxhug77
03-16-2009, 10:37:46
nyce game....I was thinking Jim Carey and I got George Clooney... HAHAHAHA!!!!That must be a compliment to Jim Carey but an insult to George... ROFLMAO!!!!!

Great Game none-the-less

Hitman
03-16-2009, 23:19:06
Tried Winnie the Pooh, didn't get him tho. Got Mickey Mouse instead! :P
Saved him as "Winnie The Poog". :what:

Great game. Love it! :panda2:

Tal
03-17-2009, 14:08:41
first of all,great initiative :D

well,here is my(our) results:

my choice / your answer
----------------------------------------
christina aguilera-:(-bruce springsteen
bill gates -:(- Johnny Depp
bill gates -:(- bruce springsteen
(i tray it again bcuse i forgt to add bill name in the first time)
madona -:(- christina aguilera
shaquille o'neil -:(- bill gates
paul anka -:(- Ray Charles/Michel Galabru(after more quwstions
hannah montana -:(- christina aguilera
hell boy -:(- Wall-E
Robin Williams -:D- Robin Williams (afetr 50 quwstions)
Agatha Christie -:(- William Shakespeare

i will try it again later and edit my post
see you soon

BTW
you got your nickname for the url!! thats just sooooo cool!!!:D

icanguess
03-18-2009, 01:48:55
Hi Tal,

Thanks a lot for your tests and your feedback. That will really help me to improve my game. I am working on a more gamer-friendly website and to improve my model to guess your characters.

Have a great day.

Lausco
03-23-2009, 15:32:49
Hi
It didn't guess mine, it was Homer and I got Peter Griffin so not far off :D
I think as it grows and grows it will work really well. It was totally enjoyable will definately play again :D

bip
04-09-2009, 20:50:14
It*s nice.
But I answered, my choose was a woman - and as solution was Pope Benedikt?? I think, he must be a man, mustn*t?
Two times I answerd "Don't know" because I don't know, whats a polemic person is and what a ruler is.
But this is a test, and the real person was listed, so you are on the right way.

Edit:
- Please make sure,that every one, who uses this, will write the names correctly!
- The question shouldn't be misterious.
- Meanwhile, there a some similar questions:
Is your character older than 60y - Is your choice born before 1950?
Is your character funny - Is your choice funny?
Can you erase One?
I played it sometimes, it's nice. But always I search a woman it give me men.

Hitman
04-13-2009, 01:21:22
It just guessed me Vin Diesel. WTG!

icanguess
04-13-2009, 03:51:34
Bip and Hitman: thanks for your tests.
I will improve the game for (much) better guessing, I promiss.
See you back soon.

lycan
05-02-2009, 13:52:32
ill test it

donaud
05-27-2009, 17:03:47
Honest feedback ?

GREAT CONCEPT, but a daunting challenge for the creator. Obviously the ultimate idea is to AWE the user by nailing the character he/she was guessing. I think it's safe to say, that, from the user's perspective, if the guess is wrong, then the "game" becomes completely forgettable.

Not sure what the accuracy rate is to date, but I've tested it twice now (in 120 days) and it was wrong both times (this time I guessed FRANK SINATRA, and got Homer Simpson !!). Oh boy :P

This should NOT be read as a 'knock' on the creator, but if the computer can't 'learn' fast or accurately enough (after this long, or maybe I am naive and it will take years), then the game is a failure. I liken it to performing a public card trick, and only getting it right for the audience 15% of the time.

icanguess
05-28-2009, 03:54:37
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.
Agree anc accept your remarks, my game needs some improvements (I'll have more time this summer to work on).
As of today, I have very few gamers, that's explain the slow learning of the game bu the audience will grow in the future...I'am confident.
I invite you to retry the game in 1 month, I expect quite better results.
Regards

Mistery
05-28-2009, 04:04:05
I chose Mickey Mouse, and it got guessed :D
Added new characters, too :)

icanguess
05-28-2009, 05:27:55
Thank you Mystery for your contribution.
You give me motivation to improve the game, and I'll do it soon.

Mistery
05-30-2009, 02:31:43
Oh, I think that it's a very interesting project, and really worth to keep it up :D

But "my wife" and "my father" (added characters) are not really known characters, lol :P

donaud
05-31-2009, 05:37:20
Oh, icanguess... I feel badly. I didn't mean to sound like it was a bad project at ALL. I agree with Mistery, it's awesome. My comment was more directed at the "learning" aspect of the game, I guess.

Justeazy
06-08-2009, 08:40:42
Don't know if anyone said this yet, but I got this question:
Question 6: Makes your choice noises with his mouth ?

I understand it, but for english I think it could be worded better (such as "Does your character speak with its mouth" or closer "Does your choice make noises with his mouth")

Also, "Winnie The Pooh" is spelled "Winnie The Poog"
On my list was both Omer Simpson, and Homer Simpson

Not sure if these were mistakes, or just differences because of regional spellings/etc.

Didn't guess my character (Bugs Bunny wasn't on the list, so I added him)

KeepItSimple
06-22-2009, 03:26:41
Who added Kemal Ataturk for christ sakes! :haha:

Mistery
06-22-2009, 16:22:48
Don't know if anyone said this yet, but I got this question:
Question 6: Makes your choice noises with his mouth ?

I understand it, but for english I think it could be worded better (such as "Does your character speak with its mouth" or closer "Does your choice make noises with his mouth")

Also, "Winnie The Pooh" is spelled "Winnie The Poog"
On my list was both Omer Simpson, and Homer Simpson

Not sure if these were mistakes, or just differences because of regional spellings/etc.

Didn't guess my character (Bugs Bunny wasn't on the list, so I added him)

Yes, I did notice some spelling mistakes and such, too.
This is the downside of letting players add something. I was wondering if it would be too much work for the game author to check new additions and correct them if necessary. :)

Blak_Lala
06-22-2009, 22:35:20
The game needs to be a little fixed... It asks if the character is a woman, then it asks if it is a man. I added 3 characters: Tweety, Naruto and Pamela Anderson :)

Mistery
06-22-2009, 22:44:50
Well, the questions are randomized, every time you get different questions, so it can happen that questions pop up that don't seem necessary :)
On the other hand, if you have a creature that has no clear gender, then it makes sense :)

icanguess
06-23-2009, 05:00:52
Who added Kemal Ataturk for christ sakes! :haha:

Hi,
I guess it's a Turkish player !
Thanks to playing my game.

The game needs to be a little fixed... It asks if the character is a woman, then it asks if it is a man. I added 3 characters: Tweety, Naruto and Pamela Anderson :)

Hi Lala,
Thanks for your feedback. Sure that the name needs some fixes, working on correlation between questions.
Bye.

Well, the questions are randomized, every time you get different questions, so it can happen that questions pop up that don't seem necessary :)
On the other hand, if you have a creature that has no clear gender, then it makes sense :)

Thanks a lot Mistery to reply for me...but in fact, questions are not really random, there is an algorithm (I'm improving it) that ask questions depending on some different criterias.
Will see soon these improvements.
Main rule is that there is nothing deterministic in the game...

icanguess
06-24-2009, 04:46:27
Dear all,
I made an important imrovement in the game. Could some players test it and give me some feedback. That will help a lot to improve the game.
Thanks a lot.

Mistery
06-24-2009, 15:29:32
I tested it twice :)
I'm not sure what improvements you have made.
I have noticed that there have been double questions, e.g. twice if my choice was musician; this happened both times I have played. Or once I had the question if my choice was older than 60 years old, and then two questions later if my choice was born before 1950.
Anyhow, one of the characters wasn't in the database, I added it. The other time my character was guessed :)

EDIT
Played twice more, and again, questions have re-occured within one game, e.g. if my character was from a cartoon.

icanguess
06-25-2009, 02:20:51
I tested it twice :)
I'm not sure what improvements you have made.
I have noticed that there have been double questions, e.g. twice if my choice was musician; this happened both times I have played. Or once I had the question if my choice was older than 60 years old, and then two questions later if my choice was born before 1950.
Anyhow, one of the characters wasn't in the database, I added it. The other time my character was guessed :)

EDIT
Played twice more, and again, questions have re-occured within one game, e.g. if my character was from a cartoon.

Thank you Mistery for the (only one) feedback.
My improvements consists to ask more optimizes questions depending on past questions. Right that there are some duplicated questions added by players.
I'll work on that hoping next version will be quite better.

Thanks

Genghis
06-26-2009, 01:09:33
I think this is really cool. I view it more as an experiment than it is itself a game. I'd be interested in seeing how it learns and adapts over the course of days, months, etc. The only criticism i have, and i don't know how difficult this would be to program, is I think it may work better if you could somehow ask the questions that better segregate the results first off (i.e. is your character female?, is your character still alive?, etc.). That way your results can be narrowed down early. Other than that, great idea, I'll keep adding to your database.

icanguess
06-26-2009, 03:50:16
I think this is really cool. I view it more as an experiment than it is itself a game. I'd be interested in seeing how it learns and adapts over the course of days, months, etc. The only criticism i have, and i don't know how difficult this would be to program, is I think it may work better if you could somehow ask the questions that better segregate the results first off (i.e. is your character female?, is your character still alive?, etc.). That way your results can be narrowed down early. Other than that, great idea, I'll keep adding to your database.

Hi Genghis,
Thanks for your feedback. Difficult to explain here the logic behind the game. Just want to let you know there is nothing "pre-defined" in questions/answers, everything depends on the player's answer: he may be wrong or just doesn't the good answer...The game will never assume the good answer (e.g. never 100% sure that a character is died or is a female).
Obviously, more games are played, more accurate will be the guessing.
Cheers

icanguess
07-10-2009, 02:43:43
Dear all,

Thank you all to have try my game.
Just want to let you know about last improvements:
asked question have been optimized and should guess you character quickly...
Next improvement: will work to not ask "similar" questions as "Is you choice a woman" , then "Is you choice a man"... coming soon (maybe this week end)

Be aware that the game is pretty new number of played games is not important enough to guess all characters (about half of characters in database have been played once only). But the game will improve itself with your games.

Thanks again
icanguess

ClimbingZeWalls
07-11-2009, 07:56:35
Cute game. I've only played one all the way through, went with Angelina Jolie since I saw her on the list when I started and I knew that I should be able to get her if your game worked right. Success!
I definitely noticed the same double/unnecessary question glitches as the past users, a few English gramatical errors.
And then you have problems with rumors versus truth. While your questions are all pretty non-controversial and it steers clear of debatable tabloid trash...you may get some wrong answers because so many of your users assume things, like the nationality of an actor based off of a foreign accent they did well in a movie; or thinking that the Mario Brothers turtle monsters (koopas?) are definitely male. Or possibly start an off-topic culture war with people arguing about weather that Hollywood "it" girl can really be called a musician with one failed record release with no critical acclaim.
"Winnie the poog" is an easy enough user typo to spot and correct, but you'll need to decide weather or not you want to leave other things up to popular vote, even if they can be proven wrong, or weather you want to want to try and make it all completely truthful moderated fact. And if you want to go the latter route, you'll need to figure out exactly how you define fact on a case by case basis. If I had to guess, I don't think you'll make it a year before you are too exhausted to cackle maniacally as they wheel you off to the loony bin.
I hope I am wrong, because this is soooo fun! It needs quite a bit of tweaking yet, but you have obviously put more work than I can imagine into getting it to run this well thus far. Kudos! I'll definitely be coming back to check in on this and give you a few database runthroughs as this game progresses. As much as I can see the other user's point about people loosing interest if the game doesn't run right, I think a creature like this is more complex than just some glitchy room escape game because you can watch it grow and help it along with input when it fails. Depends on what your idea of a game is I suppose, but it's not a deterrent for me in this case.

Good job!

icanguess
07-11-2009, 08:51:40
Cute game. I've only played one all the way through, went with Angelina Jolie since I saw her on the list when I started and I knew that I should be able to get her if your game worked right. Success!
I definitely noticed the same double/unnecessary question glitches as the past users, a few English gramatical errors.
And then you have problems with rumors versus truth. While your questions are all pretty non-controversial and it steers clear of debatable tabloid trash...you may get some wrong answers because so many of your users assume things, like the nationality of an actor based off of a foreign accent they did well in a movie; or thinking that the Mario Brothers turtle monsters (koopas?) are definitely male. Or possibly start an off-topic culture war with people arguing about weather that Hollywood "it" girl can really be called a musician with one failed record release with no critical acclaim.
"Winnie the poog" is an easy enough user typo to spot and correct, but you'll need to decide weather or not you want to leave other things up to popular vote, even if they can be proven wrong, or weather you want to want to try and make it all completely truthful moderated fact. And if you want to go the latter route, you'll need to figure out exactly how you define fact on a case by case basis. If I had to guess, I don't think you'll make it a year before you are too exhausted to cackle maniacally as they wheel you off to the loony bin.
I hope I am wrong, because this is soooo fun! It needs quite a bit of tweaking yet, but you have obviously put more work than I can imagine into getting it to run this well thus far. Kudos! I'll definitely be coming back to check in on this and give you a few database runthroughs as this game progresses. As much as I can see the other user's point about people loosing interest if the game doesn't run right, I think a creature like this is more complex than just some glitchy room escape game because you can watch it grow and help it along with input when it fails. Depends on what your idea of a game is I suppose, but it's not a deterrent for me in this case.

Good job!

Hi ClimbingZeWalls,

Thank you for your great comment on my game.
Your analyze is very good on this subject.
I'll reply to you tomorrow (too tired, will go to sleep).

Cheers.
icanguess

assasinjdk
07-20-2009, 07:08:20
Ill test any game put in front of me {=-)

icanguess
07-21-2009, 12:16:04
Ill test any game put in front of me {=-)

You will or you will not ?

PatrickStar
07-26-2009, 16:52:25
:007:i like it:007:
plain and sweet good timewaster

Timmsks
09-08-2009, 22:52:09
It was good. Alittle specific. Didn't get my guess because I often clicked yes, and the expected answer was 'maybe yes' but I knew that Johnny Depp Lives in the states, and I know that he's married. :P It wouldn't be an 'I don't know' because I do know :P

But I loved the game, now I'm going to go play it a second time :P

Yeah, I'm with that person. I like that you can see that it was getting close. Although Johnny Depp was number three on the guess, it came out Shilo.

icanguess
09-13-2009, 08:43:32
It was good. Alittle specific. Didn't get my guess because I often clicked yes, and the expected answer was 'maybe yes' but I knew that Johnny Depp Lives in the states, and I know that he's married. :P It wouldn't be an 'I don't know' because I do know :P

But I loved the game, now I'm going to go play it a second time :P

Yeah, I'm with that person. I like that you can see that it was getting close. Although Johnny Depp was number three on the guess, it came out Shilo.

Hi Timmsks,
Thank you for feedback, still working to improve this game.
What do you mean by "specific" ?

Thanks
icanguess

kagol
09-15-2009, 08:53:08
Hi
Thanks for the game.
I have just played a few times to get the feel of it and generally I like it. On my last game I chose Nelson Mandela, it was not guessed correctly, I answered over 100 questions and every time it made a guess it came up with Fidel Castro. Now I would think that as I didn't say yes at the first guess it should give him a big negative and drop him right down the list instead of keeping him at the top. Every guess it made was Fidel Castro, time after time and I got fed up with continuing for more questions when it didn't seem to make any difference.

Also for questions such as, 'are they funny?' do you mean 'are they a comedian' as part of their work or 'do they have a sense of humour' but are maybe a politician or a sportsman.

If I have answered that they are black and african why don't the non-black and non-african people get a higher negative and therefore go down the list further.

Once again thank you for the game and I hope these points will be of help to you

icanguess
09-16-2009, 02:05:06
Hi
Thanks for the game.
I have just played a few times to get the feel of it and generally I like it. On my last game I chose Nelson Mandela, it was not guessed correctly, I answered over 100 questions and every time it made a guess it came up with Fidel Castro. Now I would think that as I didn't say yes at the first guess it should give him a big negative and drop him right down the list instead of keeping him at the top. Every guess it made was Fidel Castro, time after time and I got fed up with continuing for more questions when it didn't seem to make any difference.

Also for questions such as, 'are they funny?' do you mean 'are they a comedian' as part of their work or 'do they have a sense of humour' but are maybe a politician or a sportsman.

If I have answered that they are black and african why don't the non-black and non-african people get a higher negative and therefore go down the list further.

Once again thank you for the game and I hope these points will be of help to you

Hi Kagol,
Thank you for your testing and your feedback.
Don't worry, the game is still learning and more will be gamers, more questions (and guessing) will be acurate.

Thank you again.
icanguess