PDA

View Full Version : The Davinci Code

Jellybean
05-18-2006, 14:39:17
everyone is so pissed about this movie. it's just a movie! i read the book and it's great. hopefully the movie is just as good. how do you guys/gals feels about it?

whazup
05-18-2006, 17:06:45
not seen yet, but it looks like just another movie

Hollandgirl
05-18-2006, 18:29:56
the book was GREAT, it was a long time on the top of my 'favourite books' list, and i really wanna see the movie. i think that pope shouldn't get it so serious nd personal. not that i hate the pope or something (not even close, i'm catholic myself) but i think: it's just a movie, not a documantary! i think that's the big difference, a movie isn't always real, a documentary is, nd we see it as a non-realistic movie, nd the pope sees it as a documantary..

Jellybean
05-18-2006, 19:42:23
well, the stuff in the book/movie that jesus was married and had a blood line or whatever and the knights templar, all that has been around for hundreds of years, now all of a sudden they got some big problem about it. yeah, so what if he was married.

Freakshow59
05-20-2006, 18:46:35
I just saw this movie, it is awesome!!!! I love the part where the lady's backing up and. . . oh, go see it for yourself :P

Hollandgirl
05-21-2006, 18:32:07
would love to but don't have the time :(

bone2stone
05-21-2006, 19:14:18
i know it's a good book. but the stupid critic TOM LONG called the movie
the DULL vinci code and
the DUH vinci code
can you believe that? well i don't know if it's really that bad. but yea. it's just a movie. people shouldn't get so worked up about it. seriously . one guy was like i can't watch a movie that says my religion is fake. man. relax.

antina1
05-21-2006, 20:35:41
Haven't read the book. Haven't seen the movie,but i think it sounds intresting i hear it going on in loads of places.

Traid Dude
05-25-2006, 00:56:44
I've read the book but never saw the movie.

I did hear a lot of people complaining it's "Pagan"(I don't know what that means) and/or "Why are these people trying to stuff religion down everyone's throats.

Come on!If it's just a movie than it's a movie!Big deal,why does almost everyone take everything literally?There's been many many movies on World War II and nobody really complained about that. :mad:

Jellybean
05-25-2006, 17:38:02
i went and saw it last night, it was pretty good, the book is better (of course, they always are) but i think you need to read the book before or after ya see the movie to understand it a little better.

I've read the book but never saw the movie.

I did hear a lot of people complaining it's "Pagan"(I don't know what that means) and/or "Why are these people trying to stuff religion down everyone's throats.

Come on!If it's just a movie than it's a movie!Big deal,why does almost everyone take everything literally?There's been many many movies on World War II and nobody really complained about that. :mad:
well, pagan is someone who is not christian, jewish or muslum. they are more spiritual then religious, it is similar to the native american beliefs and also to wiccan. many many woman were burned alive because of being pagan, and yes everyone does take everything literally. which sucks. the people that came to america stuffed religion down native americans throats and killed them if they didn't do what they're told, so i think americans now days should just frickin relaxe cause it is just a movie, and even if some of the history in the movie is true, big deal.
sorry... had to vent a little bit

Aniran
08-04-2006, 18:18:44
I don't read the books I go to the movie. Never have time to read the books. In my opinion any one that has common sense knows things have to be changed in order for the movie to continue.

I'm Christian but I was still able to see it from a different point of view.Doesn't mean I nesscarily believe it.

PussInHeels
10-13-2006, 19:36:38
I saw the movie and it was just a typical watered-down, unenlightening Hollywood adaptation of an idea put into literature. The acting was okay (although I don't like Tom Hanks), and the movie was predictable, and I felt as if I had learned nothing. Although non-religious, I am interested in religious theories, and this was something I've heard about before from much better sources. I really don't see where the controversy lies about this movie.

Chris-ov-Donny
02-15-2007, 18:32:17
I think the film was great , but to understand some of it I will defenitely need the book. As you say though, it was very predictable

Estonian
02-23-2007, 19:44:32
I've seen it twice but I still don't understand it quite well, I think it's because I'm tooo lazy to read this book. :D Btw: I don't like Tom Hanks at all :P

Hitman
03-17-2007, 18:08:12
I saw the movie and I liked it. I realy like those movies with puzzles and stuff... As for the religion, I'm a muslim but that doesen't mean anything about the movie, I just liked it about the story-line and it doesen't mean that I belive it...

zillah0625
04-05-2007, 16:56:03
I think the film was great , but to understand some of it I will defenitely need the book. As you say though, it was very predictable

i agree!

blurryangel
05-15-2007, 21:42:45
ive read the book and seen the film id definately reccomend reading the book though. its more detailed and the film twists the plot a bit so its not the original. but yea i think the film was a great make but only on its own, compared to the book its not so good.

MountainDewMan
06-06-2007, 06:26:08
I preferred Angels and Demons myself, but the Da Vinci code was also great.

vakje27
06-30-2007, 11:42:15
I tried to read the book, but I didn't the way mr. Brown wrote it ( or the way it was translated into dutch)
I did like the movie. But why would one need the book to understand certain parts? I can't really think of things I didn't understand (but I might have missed those parts ofcourse)

Also the fuss made about this movie by the catholic world (and the pope) was.. weird. But then again, a part of the catholic world is against condoms to prevent aids, is against homosexuality etc. so it's not strange that there were protests against this movie from some people

doglover
06-30-2007, 23:30:50
I tried to read the book, but I didn't the way mr. Brown wrote it ( or the way it was translated into dutch)
I did like the movie. But why would one need the book to understand certain parts? I can't really think of things I didn't understand (but I might have missed those parts ofcourse)

Also the fuss made about this movie by the catholic world (and the pope) was.. weird. But then again, a part of the catholic world is against condoms to prevent aids, is against homosexuality etc. so it's not strange that there were protests against this movie from some people
I read the book, and then I watched the movie. It was pretty good, but, for example, my dad was watching it with me, and since he hadn't read the book before, there were things that were not explained on the movie, and so, I had to tell him why something was happening that way. They omitted some information, and someone who does not read the book before, might not understand some parts of it.

I agree with you about that mess that the catholic people made. I guess they take things too seriously. People have to understand the difference between a movie and the reality :S Some catholic people are too conservative, don't believe in science and all...They take things WAY too seriously...and then conflicts happen....

sum1
07-02-2007, 21:34:53
the film is good ... i havent read the book yet, i only read books up to 300 pages long thats max. i am a muslim and that makes the film sound just a fake story but anyways its a good film

Mcakkay
07-12-2007, 22:20:46
i saw the movie and i understood it all..im not even catholic..never been to church and i still understood it..i liked it to. I doubt ill read the books..im more..Harry Potter!!!