PDA

View Full Version : SimCity Classic

amber
06-01-2006, 07:09:13
"Play SimCity Classic!
Here you can play a classic online for free!
(SimCity Classic is not compatible with Netscape Navigator)"

http://simcity.ea.com/play/simcity_classic.php

*You might need to register for free to play

ceby
06-01-2006, 20:38:29
Is anyone else waiting a long time for a registrations email? I registered about 30 mins ago and still haven't gotten an email! :(

Unregistered59
06-01-2006, 21:03:29
what age do u have to be

AmyJay
06-01-2006, 21:04:39
i got it straight away r u sure u spelt ur email adress rite

wel im 13 but i had 2 pput in my parents email so they cood cancel it if they wanted

Doug
06-01-2006, 21:07:30
mine is taking forever too. this stinks.

amber
06-02-2006, 11:09:30
You can add postmaster@maxis.com to your safe list as they use it to send your activation information from this (just in case your email/hotmail junkmail settings are set to exclusive). If you are waiting a long time, it's best to add it to the safe list and try again or do it in advance -just in case.

Also, after you register, make sure you check out the detailed instructions for a better grasp of the game.

Here are some hints I found from the game help site:

Traffic: Replace dense sections of roads with rails
Crime: Add police stations and/or raise property values
Pollution: Replace roads with rails, disperse industrial zones
Housing: Zone more land as residential
Housing costs: Zone more land as residential in areas with low property values
Fires: Build more fire departments. Also: bulldoze areas around the fire so it doesn't spread.
Taxes: Lower taxes (if you can afford to)
Unemployment: Zone more commercial and industrial areas

Here are some more general hints from the same site on strategy:

Building around waterfront areas is a good way to start your city as it boosts land-value.
Build industrial zones on the edge of the map, so that pollution will have less of an impact on residential and commercial zones.
Parks near industrial zones will keep land values high and reduce pollution.
Try to avoid having heavily traveled roads next to residential zones.
The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. Curves always cause traffic congestion.
SimCitizens love railroads. Use them wherever possible instead of roads.
Avoid placing police and fire stations on the edge of the map or near waterfronts as they'll be wasted on uninhabited areas.
Build plenty of police stations.
Your city only needs one airport and one seaport.
Try building power plants on the edges or in the corners of your map.

Ladybug
06-02-2006, 20:51:03
Well I could register, but now the game itself won't load. Anyone else got the same problem? I only see the sim logo and the text: starting SimCity- hang in there...

I get some things on screen now, but I can't see the map itself. Please help.

Loulamoo
06-02-2006, 23:05:32
i can't seem to make ANY money!

Daphne
06-03-2006, 10:11:07
i can't seem to make ANY money!

Yeah, how can you get some extra money? i don't get any profit allso.

Michiel
06-03-2006, 16:11:56
looks like a bug, can't make money

amber
06-04-2006, 11:06:33
Try: Don't add fire and police stations until you get your first fire or you get crime in the city. If you cannot make any money, you can raise taxes, but I wouldn't recommend doing it too fast, too soon. Don't develop too fast either. However, always make sure you have a small empty lot for residential so your population can grow. Don't build residential too close to your power plant or industrial
You have to get the hang of the game and then you end up making some money.

After a while, you end up with a big city and then you are faced with natural disasters, from which you have to recover.

I remembered that I can show you an example/picture of one that I did:

I would separate the industrial from the residential/commercial more since it causes polution:
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j140/amber-01/example-1.jpg

I can assure you that there's a way to make money.

Heartofthedark
07-19-2006, 02:00:53
Finally i come across a good online game!
i love city builders like this because i can watch my little people build and go about there normal lives (or so they thought) and they dont know im watching them....

just wondering how u do spoiler thing

Mistery
07-19-2006, 02:03:49
text to hide
but without the *

Heartofthedark
07-19-2006, 15:23:39
i have some great tips on how to make money and ppl happy:

when you start the game there are islands, these are your main spots of land in the game

what you want to find is an corner of the map that is a small to medium size of land

once youve found that make sure there are islands on the right or left or above part of the land

build all power plants and industrial on the land

now move to an island and start placing commercial buildings and residential

its better if you put a road in between the two buildings

now once u have your city layout (make sure to have 1000-2000 cash) build a small road leading to the edge of the island

make it about 5-10 spaces away from the town

now switch to railroads and put one across the river to the land with industrial

now expand the railway to reach the road outside of industrial

now switch to powerlines and put the powerlines on one side of the track following it over river and land tell you reach the town

now connect all the buildings to the power and they should start coming
to life

voila! the town is seperated and everyones happy but if you run out of space on the island have another town on another island

and there you have it

your own little city

i got a big city out of it and it helps alot if u do what i did i scouted out the land first and if i didnt like it i clicked new and a diffrent land appeared

:yeahcool:

Pinoy_ako911
01-09-2008, 13:52:52
how do i play i already have an account i put my cursor on play then the simcityscape water skii and the classic live i click classic live then i click play then i click play now then a blank screen appears!? btw. i use Mozilla

SuzyE730
01-09-2008, 16:49:15
same here!:( I use Mozilla too! Gonna try it with IE

EDIT:
Yes! It works on an IE!:P