PDA

View Full Version : Sushi?

Heartofthedark
04-18-2009, 05:01:03
Just wondering what you order when you go to a sushi restaurant? :) If you chose other please explain which :D

I typically order the kani (Crab), ebi (Shrimp), tuna and salmon nigiri(Bite sized sushi on rice) with tuna and salmon maki(Roll with rice on the inside not outside), sometimes I get the B.C. or alaska rolls :) Sashimi is really really good also but I only eat the salmon or tuna ones as anything else is a really wierd texture :P

As for other, the sunomono(Lemon juice, noodles and a protein) is good along with some fried gyoza(pork dumplings) and salmon belly Robata(BBQ) :D Agedashi tofu is amazing but can have a weird texture at times :P Oh and I recently tried ika karaage (Kalamari)

What do you eat, and are you a fan of sushi? :)

EscapeGirl
04-18-2009, 09:09:59
I had sushi for the first time last Friday, and wow....it was weird! :P I don't know the names of the things I tried, though. :shy: So I'll describe them as best I can. I only tried two things. Otherwise I had broccoli and terryaki chicken. :lala: (Which was AWESOME there. :D)

Anyway, I tried something that had shrimp in it....I think my friend said it was fried or something, and it was in a roll... :hmm: That one wasn't half bad. :D

The other thing I tried had EEL in it. :sick: Eel, avocado, rice, and some sort of root? I don't think it was cooked. :sick: Anyway, that one was AWFUL! I almost gagged right there at the table. :shy: But BAH!! Not only was the taste not good, but the TEXTURE was HORRIBLE! OMB! It was not something I'd try again! LOL. No way... :P Anyway, I can definitely vouch for the terryaki chicken there! :D :lala:

Smidget
04-18-2009, 14:15:50
Ew...I can feel the slimy texture of the sushi you had in my mouth, Escape Girl... I think you had one of those California rolls...

Mixing eel and avocado in a form of food should be a punishable offense in my book! like, first degree food abuse or something.

But I like some sushi...like one with custard like egg on it and just plain tuna piece on it. Those are good :)

2 Tails
04-18-2009, 14:50:26
I LOVE SUSHI :3
Ebi is my favorite.

otakette
04-20-2009, 22:28:26
I like maki. Especially the California rolls i get from the supermarket.:drool: mmmmm... also, the california rolls have crab,rice, avocado and a carrot (i think it's a carrot) in them. at least, the ones i get do.

Carmit
04-20-2009, 23:52:01
i dunno what type i get my mum seems to get the one i like though xD

ForeverJoseph
04-21-2009, 00:28:20
The only sushi i like is not available at stores or restaraunts. my uncle makes it.

Adventure
04-24-2009, 17:47:42
The other thing I tried had EEL in it. :sick: Eel, avocado, rice, and some sort of root? I don't think it was cooked. :sick: Anyway, that one was AWFUL! I almost gagged right there at the table. :shy: But BAH!! Not only was the taste not good, but the TEXTURE was HORRIBLE! OMB! It was not something I'd try again! LOL. No way... :P
I think you had a caterpillar roll. :P Never tried that one btw.

EscapeGirl
04-24-2009, 17:58:37
I think you had a caterpillar roll. :P Never tried that one btw.

I remember them talking about that when they were deciding what to order. I don't know for sure that's what they ordered, but I do remember it mentioned. I'll be sure to steer clear from that one. :P Thanks. :P

jack
04-24-2009, 18:51:36
I usually get a sashimi platter at the sushi restaurant at least once a month. I am partial to unagi (eel) as well.

2 Tails
04-25-2009, 01:41:07
There is alot of sushi lovers.

binkygg
04-25-2009, 05:29:33
I love sushi even though I know it's raw:o:P it's good anyway especially sashimi!

Chocbubbles
04-25-2009, 05:38:48
sushi is definitely one of my favourite foods :)
i buy it at my school's cafe everytime i decide to buy my lunch
i love maki the best :D

2 Tails
04-25-2009, 15:08:57
And Maki is.....

Purp
11-08-2009, 08:35:32
My favorite sushi is only available seasonally. During the Seattle Mariner's season, they have a sushi place at Safeco Field where you can get an Ichi-Roll, (a play on words after our outfielder, Ichiro Suzuki).

Timmsks
09-04-2013, 00:39:59
Ive always wanted to try sushi. I'm scared they will give me eel, though.

Frantic Freddie
09-07-2013, 00:16:48
I don't eat it often (the nearest sushi place is 25 miles away,but it's really good) but I like it when I do.

I have friends who say "You're eating bait!" :lol:

Kzin
09-07-2013, 07:06:26
I had some real good Sushi last Wednesday.....yummy:cattail:

Yvonne
09-07-2013, 09:02:41
I like sushi but I like sashimi better :D