PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions are Welcome!

GamersHood
05-12-2005, 16:52:52
Hello everybody!

Like you see, forum is new and everything aint there where it should be. Here are not many subjects at the moment. Also there are typos over the board :D

If you have a suggestions about forum, please let us know!

GamersHood Team

Vortex
06-17-2005, 23:03:23
Well, to start with there arent many things to do having nothing about the website. maybe you could add a general chat board or even a film board just to boost up the members attraction of the website.

cloned_madman
07-10-2005, 19:28:47
Why dont you and other people make tutorials how to make basic games and stuff like that?

ill help because im learning advanced (as you know) and ill tell my stuff to other people?

Shadow_XXX
07-13-2005, 19:07:29
i have a suggestion.......why not get some music on the site....like post some ideas,and have evry1 take a vote on what the want to lisen to while surfin the site?

Good idea?

Vortex
07-13-2005, 20:08:35
Maybe. But it will take a serious amount of time.

Shadow_XXX
07-13-2005, 22:35:54
really.....

Vortex
07-14-2005, 16:16:21
Well, Theres going to be Votes for the catagory of the music they want to play wich may take some hours, The there is a list of downloads to put up and listen to and GamersHood will be spending time to play your requests.

Shadow_XXX
07-14-2005, 20:02:00
so ull go with the idea.....kool......

Vortex
07-14-2005, 21:19:23
if it's fine with GamersHood yes.

Shadow_XXX
07-15-2005, 03:32:32
ok.........awsome.....

MountainDewMan
07-19-2005, 12:45:22
why is it only moderators can post point and click games?

skittles
08-06-2005, 08:34:18
i know, right? so guests usually dont check our new games out since most of them look for point and click games under the "point-and-click" category.

Vortex
08-06-2005, 13:35:21
the reason why that is beacause we dont want normal members to post random games. :)

Unregistered
12-21-2005, 22:16:55
if it's fine with GamersHood yes.
i'm really soz about using your box for my suggestions it is just that i don't know how to post my own box's

anyway this is it
tell people how to post there own box

zambo
12-27-2005, 22:21:08
Hi,

first off, please don't get this wrong, but I have a problem. I'm reading both this site and flash.plasticthinking.org quite regularly and lately I noticed many games appear at flash.p.o and shortly after that they come up here. Over the time it gets rather frustrating to mostly find games at gamershood.com I had played one or two days ago at f.p.org and no fresh ones.

Could you try getting the games from original sources and not other "flash lists"? I know it's probably quite hard to find new games all the time, but getting the same content over and over again from several sites (online.sector.sk also often lists games that appeared elsewhere just days ago) is boring.

If this is a coincidence and maybe both you and f.p.o. get many games from the same source by chance, sorry for ranting. But otherwise it'd be really fine if you could try and get the games from somewhere else.

A late merry christmas,
Fuxjolt

PS: Of course I could just cease visiting gamershood.com if I don't like the games here, but I really liked this site when most games where unknown to me. So I'm missing this currently. :)

I just wanted to add that I posted the same at f.p.o., because it also happens that the game was here first and 1-2 days later at f.p.o. So it's not that I say you copy their content, more like you both do it. :)

GamersHood
12-28-2005, 01:19:15
For first, thanks for the feedback!

I try to say it as short as possible.

We get most of our games from the people who submit them here (http://www.gamershood.com/submit.html). And i think this is the right place to say "Thank You".

And. There are many many sites who distribute p'n'c and other this kind of games. The flash plasticthinking is just one of them.

And about the delay you was talking about. Like you see, the server is slow at the moment, so, it's very frustrating to submit games. I'm working with the new server at the moment. That's why the games appear few days later sometimes. It just takes some time to check the real games and spam. I have to submit games what people submit. I just can't ignore them or can i? If they copy links from other sites, fine, how can i check that.

And one more thing. Many peolpe who visit other this kind of sites are visiting this site too. And some of them submit new games and so on and on and on.

Shortly i wanted to say that we just don't copy literally games from other sites. Our visitors leads us. That's how the things are rolling. Thank you again submiters.
And ofcourse we got our origin sources to check(BBC, Sarbakan, EyeMaze etc.)

And Merry Christmas to you too. And happy New Year :)

Mistery
02-08-2006, 00:41:27
Hi,

I don't want to sound fussy, but I realized that some names of games are wrong spelled on Gamershood, e.g.
Firefall instead of Firewall
Detective Hearts Case 01 instead of Detective Hearst Case 01

Of course, things like these can happen if we are typing quickly (happens to me, too).

But this causes problems when people want to look for games by using the search function.

Hope you don't mind my remark here. Besides I like to be a member of Gamershood and I think everything else is great!

rosiemay05
03-20-2006, 23:02:22
what button. you english people just talk somet of the other
and HOW DO YOU REGISTER GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR *^$%?"!*&%$
whoa calm down, scroll up, and find the register tab at the top in the blue part.

ender
05-19-2006, 10:04:41
Hi!
I suggest to put the 'hot' games in a family! or make an pictogram, like an warning (that you do with words) in the little presentation of the game. I have no problem of morality with them ( I'm an adult) but even if I say to my kids ( who like to play on gamershood) not to play these games, I 'm always afraid they click on it.
They do not read english!!!
what do you think of it?
thank's to answer me!

Mistery
05-19-2006, 15:01:56
I know that the desicion is up to GamersHood but still I wanted to post my opinion.
I guess that your idea is a good one and I support it.
However we must be aware that specific symbols for games with adult content could have two opposite effects:
- Minors who accept that those games are not for them could easily make out which games they should not click (and this would be especially good for kids who don't know English very well)
- On the other hand kids who don't accept that such games are not for them could be even more attracted by the "forbidden" symbol).

As I said I support your idea but it is of course not possible for us to make sure that games with adult contents are are not played by minors. Putting them in one forum together would make it even easier to find them for those kids who still would play them. Therefore I would prefer just adding a warning sign and leave them in the category where they are.

GamersHood
05-19-2006, 19:53:28
The easiest and probably the best solution is to put a warning sign. But it's up to my programmer who is a bit busy at the moment.
I would also add a "sign thingy" what would say the language of the game. So it would be easier to find English games only.

But like i said, unfortunately it's not up to me at the moment but i will let you know when it's done :)

Mistery
05-19-2006, 19:57:37
Thanks for your answer. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/046.gif
A quick question:
Couldn't we use for the threads the warning sign (the triangle with the exlamation mark) for the moment?

GamersHood
05-19-2006, 20:02:11
Thanks for your answer. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/046.gif
A quick question:
Couldn't we use for the threads the warning sign (the triangle with the exlamation mark) for the moment?

Yes, that's a good idea. It's the least i, moderators and visitors can do here at forums when they post a new topic.
Tomorrow or sooner i can change the exclamation mark a bit, if you like, i can change it to "a red ring" or something.

Mistery
05-19-2006, 20:08:44
Yes, something like that would be great!
And then we could start labeling threads with adult contents.

A warning sign on the game server and also a language label would be also great, but I see that these things take time.
But at least we could start categorising the threads in the next couple of days. http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/1219.gif

ender
05-19-2006, 21:18:04
I really want to thank you to have retain my suggestion!
I understand what you say, Mistery about the bad effect. but if the game is marked, the child can't say that he didn't know, he takes his responsability.
I read the forum during several months before register and I could see that you were a good team!
thank you so much

Mistery
05-19-2006, 21:24:13
Thanks for your nice words, ender. Yes, I think that we are a dream team and it's a pleasure to work with such a great team!
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/1166.gif
Right, I guess I will start to add the warning sign to threads over the week-end but the whole work will need some time.
I would be glad if you could support us a little bit - so if you detect games that have no verbal warnings so far, or if you see that I or other staff members miss to add a warning sign to a game that should have one, please don't hesitate to tell us (e.g. send a PM to one of the moderators with the link to the game thread). Thank you.

OneBun
05-20-2006, 00:17:53
I agree this all is a great idea. I will have some free time this week. I will see if I can help out with some warnings as well. I really like the red exclamation mark, idea as well. It is like ender says...

...if the game is marked, the child can't say that he didn't know, he takes his responsability.
That really would be true. It would also definately help parents better figure out what games are okay for thier kids.

Eternal Becky
05-20-2006, 00:22:53
Yes indeed a very good idea. I am free this weekend too :D . We do have a lot of young users on GamersHood. It was really nice of Ender to suggest this. :wink:

ender
05-20-2006, 09:00:46
hi! dream team!
first of all, of course I will help you, if I can!!!!! and then, I' m not nice to suggest this , YOU'RE NICE to accept!!!

A little digression to say that your new avatar, Eternal Becky is really, really beautiful! waouuhhh!

smfd26
06-09-2006, 22:35:46
Hello!

I think it would be great if there was a section for games (in each genre) that are in english. Many times I get excited to play a game only to be disappointed that I don't understand the language.

Thanks for your time.

bige92
06-10-2006, 08:14:46
hi,
if u could put a bar at the bottem saying how many poeple are looking at this page & if a member, who

GamersHood
06-14-2006, 21:04:50
smfd26's idea is nice and is added "to do" list. And i have to mention, that thing may take a while.

bige92's idea may slow down server's performance but however it will be probably done, when forum's version is updated.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

bige92
07-21-2006, 17:55:34
wat about if u could have a profile pic

GamersHood
07-21-2006, 18:09:04
wat about if u could have a profile pic

Profile pictures are enabled now, didn't know they were off.

You can edit your profile picture under User CP (http://www.gamershood.com/forum/usercp.php?) -> Edit Profile Picture (http://gamershood.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofilepic)

MEGADOOMER
07-21-2006, 18:10:34
yay profile pic

Eternal Becky
07-21-2006, 18:28:58
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_17_4.gif That's cool. I got one too. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_111.gif

bige92
07-21-2006, 21:17:11
i just got 1 lol it's boshi yay

Heartofthedark
07-22-2006, 05:23:49
hey i got a suggestion there are so many grow games out there i noticed under sports link in games theres room for 1 more space so why not put grow games
cause it would give more space for actual rpg games cause i dont consider grow games an rpg

GamersHood
07-22-2006, 18:23:24
Not yet :) There are less than 10 grow games at the moment.

Heartofthedark
07-23-2006, 20:55:46
ok :)

MEGADOOMER
07-23-2006, 23:08:57
last night i had a dream that this forum got upgraded and u could change colour it automatically updated the thred ur in when someone posts insted of having to refresh and it had those little spiky tortoise thingys that are in gamershood avatar dancing on the side YAY

GamersHood
07-24-2006, 21:34:25
hehe, sweet dreams :d

I can find more skins etc so you can choose from different styles. But if i update the forums, then i have to close the forums for some time. The upgrade is in my mind since spring :d Don't know about other things what comes with the new version but there's definitely some new "attractions". Anyway, thanks for reminding me the upgrade :)

Mistery
07-24-2006, 21:39:48
Close it? Oh, that's hard.
Hehe Megadoomer, nice dream. Jumping GamersHood avatars at the side,lol?
I only had some nightmares about the riddle games, but not about the forums in general (so far, lol).
http://smileymonkey.com/s/530.gif

Flipmode
08-13-2006, 04:56:52
One problem that comes up is when you are playing on the the NotPr0n style riddles that if you are stuck on a particularly tough riddle it can be hard to search the forums and find what you need quickly.. For example if you are having trouble on level 13, you can't search for 13, or lvl, because they are too small, and people don't always add a level number to the post anyway.

Suggestions I have for fixing this are varied:

In the first post that introduces the game you could ask players to add a line like LEVEL13 to the top of each post.. hard to get them to do that, but it would help.

The most work intensive solution involves creating a subthread for each level. This may take more work and policing on the part of the moderators, so it isn't a very good solution either.

I think a good compromise would be to create a sticky that lists spoiler hints (not answers) at the beginning of the thread. One post that could hold the most common hints given for each riddle. This may work out because there is usually a moderator or two playing the riddle anyway.

Are there any other/better ideas?

Remember, it may seem like I'm asking a lot, but having some organization will help cut down redundant "Help with level 13" posts. Sometimes good clues have been given five times already and people just didn't search or know how to properly search the forum.

Thanks for reading my rant

murph_3
08-13-2006, 05:11:57
omg...i think thats a GREAT idea!!! especially when there are like 115 pages!!!

Mistery
08-13-2006, 05:33:40
I see the problem that you describe here. It is not really possible to search for levels at the moment. If you wanted to have the possibility, people should add level numbers of course, but they also would have to write level+number in one word (e.g. "level12"), otherwise (e.g. for "level 12") the search system would show you all the posts with the word "level". So at the moment it is even a better idea to search for other clue words of the specific levels than for the level number.

But as I have experienced some of the players don't even look into the thread, just post their question at the end of it. We have so many walkthroughs (not in the riddle category of course) to which we have added the link in the first post, and there are still a lot of questions posted. And although we have added to most of the riddle games in the first post how to make spoilers, this question is asked over and over again in the thread ;-) So a collection of hints would certainly cut down a certain amount of those questions but there would be still the same questions posted I think.

Well, adding the hints continually would be too much of work for us mods if you ask me (this is my personal opinion and might be different from the opinios of other mods).
We have to watch the whole forums and there is a lot going on in other categories aswell, not only in the riddle category. If I log in in the morning when I get up, it takes me at least 1-1.5 hours to check quickly through all new posts (even then I might miss 1-2 of them). And if I'm online for a longer time, there is also a lot going on (lots of new posts, technical questions on games, general questions on games, questions on the forum features, checking links, looking for alternative links if old links don't work etc.) so that I haven't been even able to play many games lately.
The additional task of checking all the riddle threads continually for good hints, collecting them and updating a post (e.g. first post) with those would be too much of additional work for me to be honest. Although I can understand your request.
However, if you and other players would take the responsibility to collect the good hints from time to time, post them and send a PM with the link to the game and the post number to one of the moderators, we can copy-paste and add them to the first post. This would be no problem at all.

Well, this is what I personally think, maybe other moderators will post another opinion on that topic.

GamersHood
08-13-2006, 11:50:42
In agree with Mistery, users should collect and send hints via PM to moderators or to me. This is the best way in my opinion.

Eternal Becky
08-13-2006, 12:11:16
Yes that is a good idea. I think most of the moderators are playing riddles these days. So it is easier to collect good hints and gather them up in one place and then add it in the lead post. The idea of adding level numbers in the subject while giving hints will be really good. Whenever I want to give a hint for a certain level I usually mention the number in the subject. This way it becomes easier when we use the search engine :)

Maybe we can open a sub forum in the walkthroughs forum called as "Hints for riddles" and in the sub forum of "Hints for riddles" we can start a thread with hints for each riddle. Just like the subforum we have for DoodleBoard in "General chat"
Then we can just give the link of it in the lead post of every riddle game. Just like we do for the walkthroughs of escape games.
For example
Name of sub forum ~ Hints for riddles
>>>Another online riddle ( hints for all levels )
>>>>Notspam ( hints for all levels )
and so on.

Flipmode
08-13-2006, 16:23:25
It all sounds like more work for moderators, but I really think it would cut down a lot of the redundant, annoying posts that some people create. How many times have I seen the same user post three or four times in a row and you have to fix it? Or they ask you for help every other level when all they really needed was a more effective way to search the forum.. I think an improvement to the status quo would be win - win for users and mods. 20% of posts would likely dissappear, and users would get what they need. If there is some way that I can help, I'd be more than happy too since I opened the can of worms. I do like these forums - nice community :)

Mistery
08-14-2006, 15:44:13
I agree, we got a nice community on GamersHood :-)
As I said, I see your point and I'm not saying that I would not help to build up such a system at all, but I don't think that moderators can take the whole and official responsibility for it.
I think we should all work together on realising a place for hints for the riddle games. And I hope that it will work like we imagine it right now :-)

doglover
11-24-2006, 21:34:23
I have an....."idea"...
We have a "Creativity" forum, a "News" forum, a "Music" forum, a "Movies" forum, a "Sport" forum, and some other forums...why don't we have a "Books" forum? It's just something that I noticed some days ago, and there are many people on GH that like reading and it would be cool to have a forum where we could talk about books, like in "Music", "Movies" and "Sport" forums.
What do you think?

GamersHood
11-25-2006, 02:34:07
If here are more book fans, make some voice and i will make that forum as soon as possible :)

Heartofthedark
02-13-2007, 18:22:02
i got a suggestion ^^ :) if its possible make a sort of msn type talk where its not click and wait for it to load and if u can do that it can have its own 'wittle area' in the forums :D

Adventure
02-13-2007, 18:45:50
You mean like a chat room? Seems more members like this idea and so far I am the only one who is really against it. :P

Lilliputt
02-17-2007, 15:38:37
No,dear Adventure, you are not. I support your point of view for the same reasons that you already have mentioned. :)

Morgana
05-26-2007, 15:47:25
i'm stuck

[stairs] go down and open the door [/spoiler]"]

lili
05-26-2007, 16:12:57
Morgana,

What do you need us to suggest?? If you need to test making the spoiler tags, you have to go to other thread. :)

Adventure
05-26-2007, 20:57:38
@Morgana, and if if you need help with a game, please post in the game thread itself. :)

GTgirl
05-30-2007, 22:58:26
How about making a text- based RPG, like when you put the plot, then a character form, then you play using words?

booger
06-02-2007, 01:14:33
Forgive me if this exists but I haven't spotted it. A feature to view games in
a specific category by submission date as opposed to alphabetical order would be nice.

i.e.

Newly suggested games or more or less chronological. But there are folks
like myself who think riddles aren't games at all and are overly abundant :-).

I admittedly don't care for anything on gamershood but the pnc games.
Unfortunately when I don't watch the new games list I will occasionally miss
a good one.

I cannot help but add how poor the descriptions of some games and
their play is presented. My only guess is many of the moderators do not
use English as their primary language.

Mistery
06-02-2007, 01:26:13
You have the possibility to view games by category AND date on the game site, e.g. for point-and-click games in order of date:

http://www.gamershood.com/list.php?id=4&order=date&p=1

The descriptions of the games are given by the poster, and not necessarily by the moderators; though you are correct, some of the moderators do not use English as their primary language, like myself ;)

Well, there are players who like riddle games ;)

I hope that my answer clears it for you, if you have any questions left, please post again :)

lili
06-02-2007, 01:38:54
Probably you're mentioning me in your post. I have to admit that my English is poor and there're little descriptions of the games I've submitted so far. BUT it's not because many moderators don't use English as their primary language, but just my English ability.

I want you to understand that I'd submitted the games even before becoming a moderator, to introduce the Japanese games in this site.

And if many mambers want the good descriptons of the games, which I can't work because of the limits of time and my English, maybe I should stop introducing the games from now on.

Lilliputt
06-02-2007, 09:16:03
No, no, no no, no http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/no.gif... dear lili. Descriptions don't make the game. If one cannot understand a Japanese game because the description is not long enough, then PM:ing you I think is a better solution. Pleeeeeeeeaaaaase don't stop submitting games http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/begging.gif (http://www.millan.net). I have so much fun with Japanese room escape games. Also, as a game admitter, I think you have always done a very very good job :)
Think of this if you are in doubt: you have my full support as a game admitter ;)

Neener
06-02-2007, 09:26:42
Wow Lili people can be jerks you know so don't listen to them I've played a bunch of your games I really don't read the discriptions. So don't go blaming your bad english abilities I've understood plenty of it and enjoyed all your games you submitted so next time someone says something rude just brush it off because some people do it just for the attention. So ignore them next time, and PLEASE keep submitting games for us to play :smile:

Adventure
06-02-2007, 15:12:09
Forgive me if this exists but I haven't spotted it. A feature to view games in
a specific category by submission date as opposed to alphabetical order would be nice.

There is feature to view games by submission date or in alphabetic order within a specific game category.

Go to: www.gamershood.com
Choose the game category you want in the games menu.
Click the sort method you prefer (see screenshot).

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/706/gamesiteordergamesrk1.png

Probably you're mentioning me in your post. I have to admit that my English is poor and there're little descriptions of the games I've submitted so far. BUT it's not because many moderators don't use English as their primary language, but just my English ability.

I want you to understand that I'd submitted the games even before becoming a moderator, to introduce the Japanese games in this site.

And if many mambers want the good descriptons of the games, which I can't work because of the limits of time and my English, maybe I should stop introducing the games from now on.
@Lili, don't feel personal attacked by this all. :) There are many members who submit games and a lot of them do not use English as their primary language. In example myself, although I haven't submitted a game in a very long time, I am a member who is struggling with English more then I like. :P And even the ones who use English as their primary language are not always that good in English, but that doesn't matter. Every submitting of a game is appreciated, if it's only the effort a member has put into this. :) And a little note aside, sometimes there isn't a game description at all, whatever the primary language of the submitter is. But by just playing the game and helping each other out, this hasn't be a problem at all. Again, there is no reason to feel vocative by this, you are doing great, really. :) And even if there is something unclear, they can always ask. ;) Please don't stop with submitting games, because some members start to moan about game descriptions. :P

lili
06-02-2007, 15:33:20
Thanks Lilli, Neener, and Adventure!! :hug2: What you all wrote in your posts really help me a lot. :) I will keep looking for the games to submit inhere. But forgive me, probably I can't put good description of them... :P

Thank you all again. :) :hug2:

OneBun
06-02-2007, 18:21:01
Newly suggested games or more or less chronological. But there are folks
like myself who think riddles aren't games at all and are overly abundant :-).

I admittedly don't care for anything on gamershood but the pnc games.
Unfortunately when I don't watch the new games list I will occasionally miss
a good one.

Riddles are the most active forum here, & because these games are so well loved, you may see the ative members submit them, because they love these games so much.

Personally, I prefer the Escape games & I prefer not to play riddles either. I also like the action packed arcade games, so I too love when they are submitted. If you see your favorite types are not here, you should really submit some. You are always able to add your favorite types, so when you come you can find them here.

I think all the games should have bunnies in them & there are way more games without them, but it would be insane for me to expect others to want just them here. LOL I'm not going to dismiss other's favorites. :P

We leave the addition of games mostly up to what the members would like to add. If you would like to see more of you favorite PNC games, please add them here. I'm always adding more bunny games. :haha:

Oh... & by the way, I've been a moderator here for a while, English IS my 1st language, & I literally aced my English courses in college. I personally, see that there are great explanations to the games, on the main page. The Game site owner may not have English as his first language, but he always gives an excellent English description for what each game is about. Maybe you should look at those pages more closely. As Adventure says, you can even organize the pages alphabetically. Your arguments really don't stand up if you really look at those pages. You can organize them to your preference. Some of my moderator team members do not speak English as thier first language. However, they are ALL intellegent, ALL speak English quite well, & understand it quite well, so I find this comment unfounded as well.

sum1
06-17-2007, 21:38:31
maybe something like bumping threads every 20 minutes???
say theres a thread thats in the same section as yours but it has no new posts and yours does, so you can bump the thread to make it come out on the forums every 20 minutes??, ok i know you dont understand this but its hard to explain........oh and only the creator of the thread can bump it

Mistery
06-17-2007, 21:41:08
No bumping of threads. Double/multiple posts are not allowed for anyone. Be patient :)

sum1
06-18-2007, 22:11:51
edit times and button?
say spoilers have buttons you could have an edit button to see what time the person wrote the edit , because sometimes its like a game a year old and someone needs help on it, so they edit their last post,but people just think that the person wrote the edit a year ago and they dont give help :(

Mistery
06-19-2007, 02:31:01
If someone edits a post, there is a little text at the bottom of the post saying when and by whom it was edited.
For example: "Last edited by Mistery : 1 Week Ago at 08:12 AM."

Bumping threads in general should not be done, and is not allowed.
However, we don't mind if someone who has not received an answer after 1-2 weeks, posts again. ;)

aniholl
09-03-2007, 18:28:29
Lately i've become dissapointed in Gamershood. Very few new games, and they are not online.
Whatever happened to "Online Games Paradise"???
I don't play games that i have to download because i get problems with my pc.
I only play online.
Please, don't give us anymore downloadable games!!!
Keep them Online!
I've been a Gamershood fan for a long time, but that changed this summer, with all the downloadables.

Mistery
09-03-2007, 20:55:22
Hi aniholl. Well I think that we have continually added a lot of new online games since ever. I'm not sure if you have read the Rules (http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5274) and are aware of the fact that all new games are posted in the New Games (http://www.gamershood.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31) subforum. These are usually added to gamershood.com about 3 times per week, however in exceptional cases (if GamersHood is very busy or in vacation), this can take more time. This has been the case in the last 2 weeks, so that less new games have been added to gamershood.com as usual. But a lot of new games are in the New Games subforum and ready to play for members and guests. The amount of new online games hasn't changed over time, and therefore the name Online Games Paradise is still valid ;)

About the downloadable games: There are members who also enjoy to play those games, therefore we won't stop adding them. The majority of the added games are still online games, and you can just take a look at your favorite categories of games. Nobody is forced to play download games, but members who like them, should be able to do so.

Themolestarted
09-04-2007, 14:26:04
what about a vidiogames forum:|

Adventure
09-04-2007, 14:40:26
We have several threads for video games: :)
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6335&highlight=video+game
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6814&highlight=video+game
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2016&highlight=video+game

Iva
09-11-2007, 15:13:50
First I want to thank you all for the great games and lovely company here on GH! I've become very addicted to all the characters and the games, especially riddles, in the past few weeks :$.
So :appl: for that! :leb:

I've noticed that the moderators very often have to replace new games posted by members/users from whatever subcategory to the New Games category. Why don't you disable the possibility to post in the other games categories? There must be a way to do that through changing read and write rights, isn't there? I think it will save you as moderators some (or maybe even quite some) work, that you will be able to spend on other activities (such as playing the forum games or visiting the Chit Chat 3 ;) :D ).
Maybe this is something you've already thought about and isn't possible, sorry then :).

Thanks again for making GH such a welcoming and entertaining place!
:hug2: Iva

Adventure
09-11-2007, 15:49:42
Thank you for your friendly words, your positive feedback and the fact that you are caring about GH and us mods, Iva. :) This is very much appreciated. :hug2:

So far as I know it is indeed possible to disable the possibility to post new threads in a certain subforum, but then are members not able to post at all. You could resemble it with the sub-forum the bin. ;) To be honest, I myself haven't really looked into this possibility and I will do this later today. :) (Unless in the main time another mod or our admin tells it not possible. :P) But if the outcome tells it is indeed not possible, it isn't that worse. It only takes some seconds to move a thread from one sub-forum to another sub-forum. vBulletin software is very user-friendly. ;)

Iva
09-11-2007, 17:29:00
Graag gedaan ;) :hug2:

Well maybe it's not worth looking in to it, if you say that it's not too much work to move a thread :)

EscapeGirl
09-11-2007, 19:12:12
Thank you Iva for your feedback! HUUUUUUUGE :hug2: We love knowing that people enjoy the site, the games, and the people so much! :D And we're very happy to have you around, too!

I'm a fairly new mod myself...but my understanding is the same as Adventure's regarding your ideas. ;) But thank you so much for thinking about it, and caring about us mods. :hug2:

Iva
09-11-2007, 19:31:48
:shy: Thank you! :D :hug2:

I thought it would be possible to divide read/write rights into posting a reply and creating a new thread, but I have no idea how vBulletin works, so maybe it is not an option :)

Hitman
09-24-2007, 20:18:22
Hello GH moderators and administrator. I've been surfing a lot of forums recently and I have noticed their user signatures. Most of them have picture signatures. All I'm asking is: Is there an option on vBulletin to have picture signatures? If not, then it's okay. I was just wondering, that's all. :) Maybe I have seen many forums but none of them can compare to GH. I mean really, this forum is the best. Everybody's friendly and stuff and I just love to spend time here. :)

Here is an example: [Picture attached in the end of the post]
The credits for this signature go to user Kraxxuz at www.GTAForums.com (If I'm not allowed to post links to other forums then moderators can delete it freely).

Thanks again for making such a great place. :luv:

Mistery
09-24-2007, 20:36:43
Hi Hitman, thanks for your suggestion :) And also for your kind words, it's great that you feel well here :)
We need to check this with GamersHood (admin). Please be patient until a reply/decision. Thanks :)

GamersHood
09-25-2007, 19:14:20
Thanks for your nice words Hitman :)
Images in signatures will be available when i update the forums. At the moment i can´t allow images because i can´t control the size of images in signatures. The update will happen quite soon, i hope :)

Hitman
09-25-2007, 22:08:00
I just read the news Gamershood and I think that's great. Picture signatures will make this place even better. Becouse you know, all the youngsters want them. :boo: Thanks again :)

Hitman
10-13-2007, 16:55:52
I absolutely love the new features. Especially the signature picture one. Thanks Gamershood.

SuzyE730
10-18-2007, 15:05:17
thanks from me too! I've always wanted to have Garfield on ma sig!!!:happyflower:

someguy
12-04-2007, 00:44:15
Well, I was looking at some chatbox thread and I think that thoug a chatbox would be a pain, a shoutbox would be pretty cool.

but it is GH's choice.

I'm just thinkin it would be pretty good.

hotrodboy
01-15-2008, 18:44:39
yeah a shoutbox would be cool. OMG!!! LOOK OVER THERE!
haha made u look.

invincible
01-26-2008, 23:31:06
i thought i heard shout boxes werent aloud...... gamershood has chit chat but chat boxes just get creepy

gh1
02-18-2008, 03:30:24
i went to the bottom left hand corner of the forum and changed to "Orange Forest background..

also i think there is good things about the site on the bottom half but i probably alway miss them because i just scroll down to the Chit-Chat/Games/What did you listen to.. etc section

humphryboop
02-19-2008, 01:05:20
I think everything is AWESOME!

Hitman
03-12-2008, 13:08:49
Maybe you'll think of me as a picky person after this but could it be possible to have higher space for signature pictures? 19.5 KB is not really sufficient for a picture, at least the ones I've been wanting to have. Could it be possible to have a higher space?

If positive, than thank you very much in advance! The signature picture feature is just great!
If negative, then it's okay. Thanks just for adding the feature. http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i47/bbwangelinny/010104ok1.gif

Mistery
03-12-2008, 14:26:08
Hi Hitman,

Hmmm, I think that the reason is that we don't like to have big images as signature pics. The signature shouldn't outweigh the post content, which should still remain in the focus.

I often post screenshots when I post a new game, and my screenshots are usually around 10-15 kB - and they are not very small.
I'm not sure what kind of images you have tried, or why they have a bigger file size. Could you attach to this thread such an image as example?

Hitman
03-12-2008, 21:15:01
Certainly, Mistery. Here's a small image but it's size is big. I could decrease it's quality and by doing so, reduce it's size but the image doesen't look that good this way. :sad:

http://www.articpixel.com/soederpro/Signatures/Death%20Note%20Signature%20-%20Fire%20%5B400x100%5D.jpg

Mistery
03-12-2008, 21:21:47
Thanks Hitman, we're looking into it.
I think that a general increasement of the file size won't be approved for the reasons mentioned above, but we'll try to find a solution.

EDIT
Just want to check the quality change to your original image with mine:

Mine are under 19 kB, and from my point of view they have not a bad quality - what do you think Hitman?

Hitman
03-13-2008, 00:38:12
I can't tell the difference between your picture and mine. It looks fantastic! Thanks Mistery! :hug2:

Mistery
03-13-2008, 00:40:29
No problem :)
Hope you get one of them to work (both images in my post are small versions ;)), otherwise PM me :)

(Btw, I used GIMP, and chose "save as..." and set it around 95% - so the quality loss is small, but the image size is much smaller)

Hitman
03-13-2008, 00:52:44
When I used GIMP I always set the quality on 85% but 95? That's even better. Gonna start using GIMP again.
Thanks again Mistery...

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff188/dashflash555/Awesome/hola.gif

Mistery
03-13-2008, 00:58:02
Awww, what a panda smooch :D
You're welcome, I'm glad your problem could be fixed so easily :)

gh1
07-05-2008, 20:04:08
On the Forum Games,

games such as Name/LastnameGame you have the names ending a lot of the time in an "N" or something; same as for AnimalChain where you have the same letters repeating, (and some other games)

Why not change the rules for the for a while where it can go in alphabetical order?

EscapeGirl
07-07-2008, 19:37:39
There's no big need to. ;) It's okay if the names and animals have to repeat themselves. :) Also, we do have other forum games that are quite similar but require the answers to be in alphabetical order. ;)

gh1
07-08-2008, 02:19:40
well i guess it doesn't mean much that i say that, because i can't change the rules of a few games.. I don't know how big of a deal it would be to do so, seems to be it just would be a better game if you had the rules changed.. i'm sure it wouldn't have any catastrophic effects eh.

the games always end in the E or A or what have you.. it's kinda boring if you have same answers/letters all the time........... that's my case, i'm not pleading it anymore.. i don't care :'( :P

New1000
07-26-2008, 17:52:28
when i edit a post after about 10 or 30 seconds and finish editing the little message doesnt come up. this little message: Last edited by New999 : 3 Weeks Ago at 06:31 PM.

when i do it again after a min or something the little message comes. its weird. the message should come straight away when i edit it at anytime. watch ill edit right now.

Edit: lets see... see not there. its really weird.:?

Adventure
07-26-2008, 22:09:09
The time of editing a post will only show up automatically after editing a post that was submitted 10 minutes ago or longer.

However when you give up a reason to edit your post, this edit message will show up with the time of editing, no matter how much time there was between editing and submitting.

I hope this clarifies it. If not, please post again. :)

midnight
07-27-2008, 05:34:04
Also, along with the little "WII" & "Stop" sign dilemma, we could make a wiimote next to the "do not" sign for another little image [circle w/ slash](or the slash in the circle)

Mistery
07-27-2008, 10:40:35
Ooops, sorry I don't quite understand what you mean midnight :$
Do you mean to create an additional combined sign? Or something else?

(Anyhow, we first need people to tell us which games are wii compatible.
If you see compatible games, please post the link to the thread of the game here:
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11597
Then we'll be able to add the wii icon.)

someguy
07-27-2008, 16:23:54
I think that's what midnight meant.
Have an icon that includes the Wii logo and a stop sign in it.

someguy
08-05-2008, 15:47:36
I just wanted to say that I liked the new profile designs.
They look cool.

Mistery
08-05-2008, 16:42:52
Thanks, we are also happy with the upgraded forum with the new features :)

someguy
08-05-2008, 17:21:58
What other new features, if any, are there?

Because this is exciting

Mistery
08-05-2008, 17:23:05
Please be patient, until we can inform you about changes, and new possibilities.
New information will follow soon here:
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12064

someguy
08-05-2008, 17:23:54
That was fast...

yeah I just saw that thread. I was thinking, "why do I always pull this"

Heartofthedark
02-20-2009, 01:56:11
I was wondering if we could remove or lessen the restriction of posting time between visitor messages :), because when your trying to send a mass holiday greeting or something to multiple people (Over the number of 10) you have to wait quite a bit due to a 30 second wait time :S

funja
02-20-2009, 02:28:42
oh i hate the waiting time it should be a little shorter and i find myself with alot of wait 1 more second wich makes me kinda mad

im not saying take it away i know why it is there just maybe take 5 or 10 seconds off of the time

EscapeGirl
02-20-2009, 19:22:29
Thank you for your suggestions, Heart and Funja. :) I understand your frustration. :( However, this is one of our best defenses against spammers, so moderation feels it would be best to keep the 30 second restriction. This delay helps keep spammers from attacking our community. Some forums have up to an entire minute between posts for that reason. So, I'm sorry we can't change that.

Please keep in mind that if you're PMing greetings, you can include up to 5 members in a PM. :D

Clank
02-21-2009, 10:48:35
How about three way conversations between members?? I think that would be a great idea then you can talk to two people at once and together, instead of having two seperate conversations? :)

EscapeGirl
02-25-2009, 09:03:19
Thanks for the suggestion, Clank. :) But, at this time, it's not something we can do. In the meantime, you can always copy/paste the same things in each of their profiles, I suppose. Better than typing it twice. :P

Tal
03-20-2009, 03:20:51
(sorry for my english)
hello gamershood!
---------------------
first of all this is amazing site,and im realy enjoying here!
i spend more and more time in your site every week.at start i only play games from the main page,but know i have a profile page,met some friends,help (a lil bit)in the games forums,and even post this brilliant suggestion:)well her it is:

lately you post some games in the room escape sector that are not realy an escape games(Girls Room Escape,Pool Room Escape,Empty Room Escape,esc...esc...)
my (brilliant) suggestion is to have a new "hidden objects" sector,this type of games are realy hot in the last 2 years,so its look cool in the main page to!

once again im love your site very much!
have a great weakend
tal

EscapeGirl
03-25-2009, 22:07:21
Thanks for your thoughts, Tal.

We have now created a new subforum for "Hidden Objects & Find the Difference" type games. :D

You can find it HERE. (http://gamershood.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)

Enjoy your day! :D

leapfrog
05-29-2009, 13:26:06
WARNING COMMERCIAL: This is a suggestion to make users profiles more interesting... someone may have mentioned this before!

I want to add music to my profile page. It would be 100% awesome if there was a slot to upload a track into (mp3 only) and have it play on a loop while ppl are looking at your page. Also sound effects! When someone clicks 'leave visitor message' I wanna add my own special noise. Or even if I could choose from a range that's available. I found this site: http://www.partnersinrhyme.com/pir/PIRsfx.shtml seems to have free (copyright free) sounds...

Would love it ~ please please please please!! xox But then again I understand if you don't wanna do it for me.

Love GAMERSHOOD ~ Really missed u guys today.

Mistery
06-01-2009, 22:47:18
Hi leapfrog, thank you for your suggestion. :)
We're going to post here after a decision has been taken :)

UPDATE

Hi leapfrog,
GamersHood has decided not to install a music player for the moment.
Uploading mp3 files would put an additional strain on the server, so this won't be possible anyway.
Personal/customized sounds (like you said for visitor messages etc.) are not possible at the time being. Maybe there will be future developments that will allow customized sounds.

leapfrog
06-02-2009, 00:18:41
That's ok, thanks for considering my idea.

Lilliputt
07-13-2009, 13:08:46
I have a suggestion: Would it be possible to create a subforum for games created by Gamershood? It seems logical to have one considering this IS the site of Gamershood. :P

Also, I cannot seem to find the thread/subforum of Mystery's Games? I remember that there was one. Has it been removed? It was very practical to have it when searching for those games.

Eternal Becky
07-13-2009, 14:13:04
I really like your idea. Thanks for the suggestion. I will share it with GamersHood and let you know what he thinks :)

Lilliputt
07-13-2009, 14:17:19
OH! Thank you, Becky :D

Mistery
07-14-2009, 19:59:44
I don't think it's necessary to have a special subforum for my games :)
There was/is a thread that I created some years ago where I have listed my games, it's still on the forums, but I haven't updated the first regularly lately.
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1075&highlight=mistery%27s

Lilliputt
07-15-2009, 22:39:57
I don't think it's necessary to have a special subforum for my games :)
There was/is a thread that I created some years ago where I have listed my games, it's still on the forums, but I haven't updated the first regularly lately.
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1075&highlight=mistery%27s

Yes, that is the thread I meant :) I recognise it. So practical to have them listed that way. Thank you :)

Talashowl
08-08-2009, 08:18:22
Hey I had a suggestion. I was thinking itd be nice to have a sort of tag system for games around here, instead of just having to search for words in the name of the game. Like if I wanted to play a tycoon game I could search tycoon or if I wanted to play a game by Minoto I could search for that and get everything tagged with that word. They do this on Youtube and Deviantart, I like it alot.

Mistery
08-08-2009, 08:42:54
Hi Talashowl,

We do have a tag system with the possibility to search for tags :)
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/tags.php

Note:
Since this feature has not been available from the beginning, but was part of an update of the VBulletin forum software that we are using, old games are not tagged.

Lilliputt
08-15-2009, 17:12:13
I have a suggestion: Would it be possible to create a subforum for games created by Gamershood? It seems logical to have one considering this IS the site of Gamershood. :P

I see that this suggestion has come to be a reality. I am glad it did. :)

linkinpark333
08-20-2009, 22:50:52
I was wondering if the about me space could me bigger so i could put stuff like my favourite bands video games tv shows etc. like a facebook profile

Mistery
08-20-2009, 22:55:19
Thanks for your suggestion, we're going to discuss what is possible, please be patient, thanks :)

Clank
08-21-2009, 18:52:07
Umm is there any way you could add your own smilies just like on msn :)

Mistery
08-21-2009, 19:00:00
No, that's not possible, sorry.
You can either use the default ones that we have, or use some in image tags (no hotlinking though ;))

linkinpark333
08-26-2009, 23:40:01
mistery
have uve decided about my suggestion?

(im impatient sometimes lol sry about that)

Mistery
08-26-2009, 23:50:52
Hi linkinpark,

Sorry for the delay, we haven't forgotten about it, but unfortunately not all staff members are able to log in on a daily basis. Please have a little bit more patience, thank you :)

linkinpark333
08-28-2009, 19:55:23
ok ill check in a little l8er then
thnxs

Mistery
08-29-2009, 19:15:38
Hi linkinpark, sorry for the long delay.

Three new profile fields are available now:
Favorite Book(s), Favorite Music, and Favorite Game(s).

We do not plan creating a long list like on MySpace or other social platforms, but we hope that with these additions you can specify your interests a bit better, and have room in the Interests field for other things :)

And you can still add your favorite other things in the appropriate threads :)

linkinpark333
08-30-2009, 02:54:32
wow
thnxs mistery

cjmah
08-31-2009, 13:40:34
remove politics in games, it against all goverment.

Lilliputt
08-31-2009, 22:43:12

Any particular game you had in mind? And uhm... do you mean that games with political contents should be removed? :? Cuz no one here can change what some game creator put in their games....

EscapeGirl
08-31-2009, 23:33:27

Any particular game you had in mind? And uhm... do you mean that games with political contents should be removed? :? Cuz no one here can change what some game creator put in their games....

I had the exact same questions as Lilliputt has asked. Would you mind sharing a couple links of what you mean, and maybe describe some examples? :?

cjmah
09-04-2009, 09:07:08

yap you are correct.

Adventure
11-11-2009, 18:30:46
Is it possible that we members can add more than two tags to a thread?
I don't know what the setting are for the promoted registered users, but when I wanted to add 4 tags to the thread below (and the thread hadn't any tags yet), only 2 out of 4 tags were added and I got this error message:
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12442

Some tags couldn't be added for the following reason(s):
* The number of tags you tried to add to this thread exceeded the maximum number of tags by 2.
Changes that did not cause errors have been applied.
The tags that I couldn't add were: riddle, online riddle.

Edit: Is it maybe also possible to decrease the time between reporting posts? Now it is 60 seconds. I would agree that 1 minute isn't that much, but i.e. 30 seconds sounds a lot better to me. :)

EDIT2: Yep, 60 seconds is really too long. :P

Adventure
11-18-2009, 16:33:40
A very big thank you to the moderation team to fulfill my requests. :hug2:
I am really glad that members can now add 5 tags to threads, and the time between reported posts is now only 30 seconds. :) Really very much appreciated! :hug2:

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8749/thankubouquetsh150593gc.jpg

Mistery
11-18-2009, 16:36:14
Awwww :luv:
No problem Adventure :)

cjmah
01-06-2010, 08:51:30
allow debating in forum.

Mistery
01-06-2010, 09:20:59
I don't know of what kind of debating you are thinking of.
GamersHood Forums is primarily an online game forums, with focus on getting and giving hints on games. While we have extended the forums to make it possible for members to discuss different topics, or to show their artwork etc., the forums is not really meant for debates on e.g. political or religious views.
We certainly appreciate members share their own opinions in a civilized manner, but also expect members to show a respectful behavior towards others. Opinions can be a result of cultural background, education, and personal experience, and concerning many topics there is no clear right or wrong.
Unfortunately many people think that debating means to try to convince everyone of their opinions, and therefore debates often end up in fights and hurt feelings. And this is something that we do not wish to deal with on this forums.

This is not an official response from the GH Staff, just how I personally see it.
However, I'll be passing on your request to the moderation team. And maybe you can specify a bit more what you mean with your suggestion :)

linkinpark333
01-06-2010, 22:24:31
hmm i wonder if a treasure hunt could be made on gamershood
u would receive a clue then go to the correct place on the forums to receive the next clue and so on...

also if somebody could create a forum on how to create a riddle game (step by step)

Mistery
01-06-2010, 22:42:26
A treasure hunt sounds like an interesting idea - I'm wondering too, if it could be made. I have to think about it :)

How to create a riddle? You mean creating the levels, or the technical aspect (upload it to a host)?

Adventure
01-06-2010, 22:54:02
hmm i wonder if a treasure hunt could be made on gamershood
u would receive a clue then go to the correct place on the forums to receive the next clue and so on...

That makes me think of the advent calendar on Nord. I think it's possible in theory. The one who makes the treasure hunt, creates a thread with the rules and the first hint, and they can edit their old posts to add the new clues.
Not sure how it work out in reality, but the idea is certainly interesting. :)

Sorry to hear you still have troubles creating pages with webs. :( Did you already looked for tutorials on Youtube? :?

linkinpark333
01-06-2010, 23:29:18
@mistery
creating the levels
although the technical part would be great too if u like

@adventure
yes i tried youtube (i found how to create a website using webs.com)
but not a riddle game

Mistery
01-06-2010, 23:39:58
Hmmm, I can't imagine at the moment how to make a step-by-step instruction on how to create levels :hmm: I mean if I made a step-by-step tutorial for 5 levels for example, then you'd have 5 levels created by me and not your own riddle...
You are an avid riddle player, so you know the usual "tricks" that are used. And of course, if you feel creative, you can come up with your custom ideas. I don't think that there is a recipe how to create riddle levels. :S

I usually have some basic ideas about puzzles that I want to include, then look around on Purplehell and some other sites for codes and ciphers, and do lots of searches on Wikipedia.

I'd be really happy to help, but currently I just can't think how without creating your riddle :hmm:

For the technical part, feel free to ask here for support with a description of your problem:
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94

linkinpark333
01-06-2010, 23:44:16
sry i meant the techincal part
posting it onto a website

thnxs for the link
hmm... what should i do it on

btw do u prefer themed riddles or just a normal one

Mistery
01-06-2010, 23:54:55
Since this thread is meant for suggestions for GH Forums, can I ask you to post your questions concerning your riddle here? http://www.gamershood.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=94
Thank you :)

linkinpark333
01-07-2010, 00:22:45
ok i did
i would have answer earlier but my internet shut down on me!
luckily i know how to get it back

DuckBoy
01-08-2010, 00:11:09
The suggestion of a "scavenger hunt" based on GH is very similar to several others that I know about-

1. As Adventure noted- the Advent Calendar on Nord. Usually an Admin or SuperMod did this .. or if at all possible you can enlist the help of the mods to have more places to hide clues/hints. We also had an Egg Hunt one year- the member did this all herself... created a list of hints/clues to who the members were- eggs were hidden in their guestbook profiles.

2. An old member of Nord once did a riddle and many of his levels were based on Nordinho and the members. Sadly it is no longer available :( I loved it and did finish it- was wildly popular then (around 2005-2006)

3. Clever Waste of Time does their own version of a "Scavenger Hunt"-- called Invasion. A clue/riddle is given on the forum. The teams must solve the riddle to find the final destination- then snap a picture of it in real time (with team sign) to win the round. "Rounds" are equivalent to levels. This takes longer but is an interesting way to meet people from all over. More info here:
CWoT Invasion II (http://invasion.cleverwasteoftime.com/forum/index.php).
He SAYS he's starting Invasion II part 2 in January but I don't see any news yet. The original Invasion forum is gone but if you find the CWoT Riddle forum there is a section in there with threads for all the rounds including solutions.

There is also a good thread somewhere on the Purple Hell forum by Coyote Ugly about either creating or solving riddles I don't remember now.

Good luck :)

EscapeGirl
01-08-2010, 00:48:50
Thank you for the info Duckie! We're still currently discussing this and your input and ideas are helpful. :)

Adventure
01-21-2010, 03:36:54
I stumbled onto this post
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showpost.php?p=31324&postcount=54
I don't know if this button still exists (never seen it), but I would love if you could organize games by their submitting date.

When games are moved fast from the New Games sub-forum to their categories, it's easy to miss games. Certainly when you didn't check for new games for a longer time.

Or when that's complicated or not possible, maybe it would be possible to just add the submitting date after each thread without having to view the lead post? I know Nord had this before they moved to the new site.

Mistery
01-21-2010, 09:58:24
I don't know what is technically possible in VBulletin (Nordinho has used some custom made things). I'll ask GamersHood what is possible.
However, if you want to check new games, it's the easiest to go to gamershood.com where you can list the games by date, and even by genre plus date :)

Adventure
01-21-2010, 13:47:01
Thanks Mystery. :)
I especially go to the main game page to check out the new games from time to time. I just think it would be nice to have such feature on the forums too. No rush or anything, and if it gets difficult then nevermind. :)

Mistery
01-21-2010, 13:50:34
Just got a reply from Gamershood and he said that it's possible to sort threads by their creation date. Gonna check it.

EDIT:
http://f.imagehost.org/0238/options.jpg (http://f.imagehost.org/view/0238/options)

Adventure
01-21-2010, 16:58:47
I thought I knew about everything about the forums here, but I totally missed to check out that drop down menu. :haha: That option is just what I needed. :)
Thanks a lot, Mystery and Gamershood! :hug2: :hug2:

Mistery
01-21-2010, 19:05:37
No problem, I didn't think of it either :P

gh1
03-04-2010, 03:59:15
Would making a thread about easy point and click games(adventure/spot the difference/escape room), or any game, sound reasonable..... I like to play them but i don't know which ones to go to for a fun time. Maybe a rating on the difficulty.

EscapeGirl
03-05-2010, 09:46:55
That's a good idea. :) However, I'm not sure it can be implemented... I'll talk to the other mods about it. :)

In the meantime, maybe you could start a thread in the GAMES CHAT subforum (as long as one doesn't already exist) for people to post links to games here that are more simple, easy, time-waster type games. :)

EDIT: Sorry, GH1. Looks like it wouldn't be doable, but I hope the idea of a thread will help you out. :)

OscarW
04-28-2010, 23:23:23
1. I would like to see that you can make changes to your post in the new games section without the message last edited on ....

2. And the search function which doesn't have a limit on letters or words which are too common. More google style so you can use "", i searched on the homepage and the forum for "The Right Mix" and nothing showed but still the game was there.

Mistery
04-28-2010, 23:29:07
Thanks for your suggestions Oscar :)

I don't think that we can make different options for editing notes for a certain subforum, but we'll look into it if it's possible.

The search feature is a part of the vBulletin, and I think that it won't be possible to do changes on that - unless it's possible at the cost of a major server resource (which is already a problem).

I'd suggest you to additionally do a search on gamershood.com for titles with common words where we don't have this limitation - this is what I am practicing, too :)
Doesn't work in 100% of the cases, but most of the times.

Another possibility is to go to Google and type in the search bar:
site:gamershood.com/forum right mix
and it turns up :)

cjmah
05-20-2010, 07:40:34
hope gamershood got the newest game, highest rated game and most played games.

Mistery
05-20-2010, 12:25:10
Thank you cjmah :)

cjmah
05-21-2010, 06:57:58
Thank you cjmah :)

i cannot see the most played games inside the gamerhood website.

Mistery
05-21-2010, 13:47:46
I'll ask GamersHood if this can be implemented in the future :)

EDIT
It is planned to implement a feature called "10 most played games" in the near future on gamershood.com.

OscarW
06-03-2010, 18:16:27
I would like to see that you can edit your own posts without it showing at the bottom. It doesn't look neat to me.

OneBun
06-03-2010, 18:36:05
The messaging system is there so that notes may be left especially from moderation. (So people won't wonder why their posts changed).
Right now, the way the forum is set up, there is a 5 minute time delay before the "Last edited by..." comes up. So, if you make changes before that time the message won't show. I can understand though how you would see it as messy, when you have no reason to leave a note.

Thanks for letting us know. :)

OneBun
06-06-2010, 16:19:34
Sorry for the double post, but here is an Update:

The forums have been set at one minute delay. This means you have a minute after you post a thread, to update it before it shows an edit statement. It's needed to show honesty in the forums, & as I said before, it also needed by moderators, so we can assist people with updates in thier posts. It's a tool because we really want to help you all get used to how the forums work. ;)

I hope this answers your question. Thanks again OscarW. :)

OscarW
07-15-2010, 17:04:07
A suggestion when a post is binned, you can delete it. The post is no longer needed and you are aware it was a mistake. So the post doesn't have a function anymore.

Mistery
07-15-2010, 17:16:41
We do clean out the bin from time to time, but there are many new members who then repost it not realizing that their thread has been deleted, and because they think that it is gone by mistake.
That's why we usually move it to the bin, and often leave a redirect for a certain amount of time :)

cjmah
08-20-2010, 01:53:41
suggestion thank you button inside the forum

OscarW
11-15-2010, 20:10:03
I've got a couple of suggestions.

1 Can we have the old inbox/outbox warning system which tells you how much % you have left.

2 A shortcut for the following message, it doesn't come out right when copied

"Please use spoilers to give hints:
Enter text here...

Please do not post a video walkthrough for at least 7 days."

Kzin
11-16-2010, 06:01:26
Hi OscarW,

for the Inbox one I'll ask the Admin to look into it.

For the next one I can offer my method: I placed the Spoiler text in a Textfile and placed it on the Bookmarktags on FF. Now I just open it and copy paste it from there. If You want I can PM you the text I used.

Adventure
11-16-2010, 11:57:18
Hi Oscar,

1. you mean to have to PM folder controls/statistics at the very top instead of the very bottom?
If so I agree, and I put it on my list for our Admin some time ago.

2. Copy and paste this instead

"Please use spoilers to give hints:
Enter text here...

Please do not post a video walkthrough for at least 7 days."

OscarW
11-16-2010, 12:12:37
Hello Adventure, I didn't notice there were those things at the bottom and i'm glad you agree. And thank you for the text but is it possible to add an extra box in Additional Options?

Adventure
11-16-2010, 16:59:35
No surprise you didn't noticed it. It's not an eye catcher at the bottom and that's too the reason why my in-box gets full all the time without being aware of it in advance. Now I think about it, it used to mention under Notifications at the top of the page when your inbox got full for 90 percent or more. Going to add that to my list. I hope our admin turtle will have time soon to work on that list, but I think the upgrade will come first.

You mean an extra option to parse that text automatically at the bottom of that thread?
That indeed would be handy, also for us mods who have to add those texts to threads manually. But I am afraid that won't be possible because such option in not part of the settings that vBulletin offers, and there isn't any similar option that can be modified for that use. It might be possible by scripting such thing ourselves, but no one in our team has that skills. I really like your idea, though. :)

OscarW
11-17-2010, 00:09:09
And something like the wrap spoiler tag we've got in the Go Advanced. That looks like it's been added afterwards. Just thinking out loud.

GamersHood
11-17-2010, 15:35:06
There is a button to post "Spoiler tags and walkthrough warning" with one click, check that out :)

Adventure
11-17-2010, 18:33:00
Fantastic! :D Thanks Kristjan and Oscar. :hug2:

@Oscar that was an excellent pointer. The spoiler tag is a custom BB code - not a default one. That made me think that your idea might be possible by creating a new custom BB code. And so it is. :D

Go advanced and click the most right icon in the tool bar that says USE TAG.
When you click it, will be parsed into your post. As soon as you submit your post, the message will show up. Feel free to test it in the spoiler test thread. :)

OscarW
04-27-2011, 16:02:41
I've got an idea, a closed thread with all the posting messages for everybody to copy and paste. I'm thinking along the lines like the login codes for Gotmail and warnings and etc. Because the space is limited in the go advanced for multiple buttons.

Adventure
04-28-2011, 18:54:40
Hi OscarW, thanks for your suggestion. :)
Can you PM me a list with all the posting messages you like to see in the suggested thread?
Once received I will make that thread at short notice.

OscarW
02-29-2012, 21:25:18
Maybe we could use a new protocol around reposts, i was thinking to report it like it was spam. This would pick out double games fast, i think but i would like to hear from the moderators.

Adventure
02-29-2012, 21:41:28
You may use the report button to let us know when a game has been reposted. You wouldn't be the first one to use the report button for this. :)

Adventure
09-05-2012, 19:21:12
Hello, my name is Romina, I live in Argentina, I have played many of their games, they are very good! When I played Skyscraper Room Escape was delighted with the music of that game, I wish to know who plays the music and where I can get over that pretty music from, already thank you very much for your attention!

Hi Rommy, 3 weeks ago I sent a PM (personal message) to GamersHood with a link to your post. He replied to me that he would ask his brother about the music - his brother made the game. I hope you got a reply from him meanwhile. If you haven't please feel free to PM GamersHood (http://www.gamershood.com/forum/member.php?1-GamersHood) yourself. :)