X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trumalia Riddles

Play Game:

http://www.trumalia.com

Object is to solve a series of riddles in order to find the answer to an enigma. There are 4 enigmas in the game. Each enigma carries a $1,000 cash prize in addition to a valuable buried artifact. Solving all 4 enigmas makes you elligible for a very high cash prize. Read the rules carefully. It's complicated.

Good luck

I decided to paste the info from the site in here to try to clarify:

"At first glance, trumalia.com may seem like a straightforward site. After all, it functions as a very efficient search engine. However, click around the homepage, and you'll quickly discover that you can generate three search terms randomly drawn from our database. Click on one of the terms, and you'll arrive at a results page.

Take your time sifting through the results. The subject matter of your search is tied to the culture and time-period of the riddle you are about to solve. Somewhere beyond the first page of results, you'll find a link to a riddle. Click on the link, solve the riddle, and a new search term will appear. Click on the search term, and you'll be directed to another set of results, then another riddle.

This cycle will repeat itself three or four times, until you reach a work of art from the same era and geographic region as the set of riddles you just solved. Enjoy the image, but give it a close look. Your journey isn't over yet. In fact, the real challenge has just begun. Each image provides information critical to solving one of three enigmas.

It's important to note that the daily riddle presented on the trumalia.com homepage is simply provided for your enjoyment. While solving the homepage riddle will reveal a new image by a contemporary artist, this image won't contain any code. Only the images that are displayed after solving a series of thematically-related riddles contain code.

The trumalia.com homepage also contains roman numerals that alternate in a set pattern on a daily basis. This roman numeral rotation begins anew each Monday, and represents the key to the fourth enigma."
    Last edited by Reeneymonkey; 06-17-2006, 01:27:03.
    On the other hand, we have different fingers

Am I being really stupid? I can't really understand this, are they saying that they want us to travel aroound the world, and for every artifact we get we will get $1000? Please someone explain this in simpler English for me...

Comment

I really don't get this game! I agree with creepyspider, I'm Dutch, so I don't know very much English nd I don't understand a bit of what the rules are.. Let's get on with my own riddle, will be a very easy one, think some of you will appreciate that it's gonna be easy
      Dream as if you'll Live forever, Live as if you'll Die today

Ubi Gamershood, Caritas et Amor ibi est

Member of CST-Experiments team: Science Stable Supervisor !

With online mom Lilli and sisters EscapeGirl and Doglover!

Comment

riddle

can someone help with this riddle?

<<deleted because the question gives too much away>>
        Last edited by Mistery; 06-18-2006, 19:01:44.

Comment

Originally posted by seylamoon
          can someone help with this riddle?

<<Deleted because the question gives too much away>>
          think of something white and fluffy <<deleted>>
          Last edited by Mistery; 06-18-2006, 19:02:36.

Comment

not very many people are here but im stuck on a pare thingy

Comment

Ahh This Is Confusing

Comment

Hi Guys!

I will attempt to clarify a bit for those of you who are confused. The three artifacts are indeed buried. By solving the series of riddles you will uncover their location. You will only have to travel to the location of the artifact you have discovered. The artifacts themselves are valuable and you also get $1,000 cash prize to cover the cost of travel. The person who solves all 4 enigmas, has the opportunity to uncover any of the 3 artifacts as well as winning the grand prize, a pot of cash which the site says is in the thousands now, but grows each day with user searches.

As for the game itself, the riddle on the Home Page is not connected to the enigmas. It is purely for fun. There is an icon beneath this riddle and if you click on it it will generate several search terms. Once the search term pops up, click search and somewhere beyond the first page of results there is a link to a riddle. Solve this riddle, and another search term will pop up. Repeat the process. Eventually you will reach a work of art. This artwork has embedded code in it. You will repeat this process of [riddle - search - riddle - search - artwork ] until you have enough pieces of the code to decipher it and find the answer to one of the enigmas.

Let me know if I can clarify further. It took me a while to figure out this much and I did some extra research. It's not easy, but it is the most challenging and fun thing I've ever done.
                Last edited by Reeneymonkey; 06-20-2006, 01:32:58.

Comment

Is anyone having a go at this? am i right in thinking that you click on the little icon and search through the reults for whatever word comes up? how do you know what result is the right one?

Comment

if you read the web addresses below each search result, you'll find one on the second or third page that has the word riddle in it

Comment

Have you guys heard the news? Someone just cracked one of the enigmas! It's on the website. His prize was a Nepalese shield and of course the $1000. He dug it up in the desert in California, apparently. It sounds pretty cool but I'm nowhere near close to solving anything. Anyone doing better?

Comment

Working...
                      X