PDA

View Full Version : I need a new phone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clank
07-11-2009, 19:35:47
Im in a huge dilemma, im getting a new phone for my 16th birthday :D and i can spend pretty much as much money as i want :) I can spend about £350 pounds (i dont know what that is in dollars/euros )

I really dont know which phone to get, ive been thinking about the iphone, but i dont know, ive always like sony phones so i was thinking about this one :)

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/w995

but i dont know, can anyone reccomend any good ones?

EscapeGirl
07-13-2009, 10:52:58
Hmm....I think that's about $560 U.S. dollars or about 405 Euros.

That being said, I know the iPhone is popular, as are the Blackberries. I have neither. I have a Samsung Eternity, but that doesn't cost anywhere near the amount you have to spend. I assume you can get a much better phone. :) (But I do love mine. ;))

And I'm not at all familiar with the one you posted. :hmm:

Maybe some people can post some reviews here of their phones. How they like them. ;) Good luck!! :D

shootermagavin
07-13-2009, 11:25:06
it's a bit old now but still a good phone the nokia N95 8Gig, I've had mine for about 9 months now, 8 g memory, mp3 player , 5mp camera, dropped it like 16 times now and it still works:P

I'm a bit biased though I've own 5 mobiles phones now and they've all been Nokia's and I swear by them.

leapfrog
07-13-2009, 12:42:28
I just got a Sony Ericsson W980 - and it's AWESOME. I love it, I can check my emails, go to GH online. It has an awesome music player - lights up and has touch buttons on the outside so you can switch tracks without opening it. Plus it looks really cool, has good camera/video... you can add memory. I don't like sliders, or touch screens. They break too easily. I dropped mine on the road and it seems to be ok. lol oops. Has a nice big screen and easy buttons.

Not sure how much they sell for now, but probably save you some cash.

RBS
07-13-2009, 13:55:54
I have a Trac-phone from Wal-Mart that cost 20 bucks. I buy more minutes on plastic cards and because I bought a bonus pack whatever minutes I buy are doubled for the life of the phone. It make and receive calls and that's all I want. I think I can text but I don't. Generally it stays in the car because that seems to be where I am using it the most. When I go somewhere I have never been - I grab it and take it with me in case I wander off and get lost. :)

shootermagavin
07-13-2009, 14:01:43
being your first phone you should definitley go for pre-paid clank, you can't get into trouble that way

Crimsonthread
07-13-2009, 16:17:39
I don't think this is Clank's first phone, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm like RBS... as long as I can talk on it, that's good enough for me. I have a camera to take pictures, an MP3 player to play music, a computer for internet, and a phone to talk on... and I don't mind that they're not all on the same machine. :P

Clank
07-13-2009, 16:41:15
That being said, I know the iPhone is popular, as are the Blackberries. I have neither. I have a Samsung Eternity, but that doesn't cost anywhere near the amount you have to spend. I assume you can get a much better phone. :) (But I do love mine. ;))

And I'm not at all familiar with the one you posted. :hmm:

Umm well i dont really like samsung phones :S I had a samsung before and i found the music players and cameras faulty :S

it's a bit old now but still a good phone the nokia N95 8Gig, I've had mine for about 9 months now, 8 g memory, mp3 player , 5mp camera, dropped it like 16 times now and it still works:P

I'm a bit biased though I've own 5 mobiles phones now and they've all been Nokia's and I swear by them.

LOL, i could get the N95, but as you said its a bit old, and i want one i could go to school with and show off :P But yeah i like the look of that one :)

I just got a Sony Ericsson W980 - and it's AWESOME. I love it, I can check my emails, go to GH online. It has an awesome music player - lights up and has touch buttons on the outside so you can switch tracks without opening it. Plus it looks really cool, has good camera/video... you can add memory. I don't like sliders, or touch screens. They break too easily. I dropped mine on the road and it seems to be ok. lol oops. Has a nice big screen and easy buttons.

Oh well i actually considered this and its only £110 pounds, its a consideration, I think its looks cool too :) but im unsure, its pretty much the same thing with the N95. Thats another consideration :)

I have a Trac-phone from Wal-Mart that cost 20 bucks. I buy more minutes on plastic cards and because I bought a bonus pack whatever minutes I buy are doubled for the life of the phone. It make and receive calls and that's all I want. I think I can text but I don't. Generally it stays in the car because that seems to be where I am using it the most. When I go somewhere I have never been - I grab it and take it with me in case I wander off and get lost. :)

a trac phones just a phone isnt it :) oh well at least your happy with it :)

being your first phone you should definitley go for pre-paid clank, you can't get into trouble that way

No its not my first one, at the moment i have this pile of rubbish, cost me £170 when i first bought it, now i hate it

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w880-1838.php

I don't think this is Clank's first phone, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm like RBS... as long as I can talk on it, that's good enough for me. I have a camera to take pictures, an MP3 player to play music, a computer for internet, and a phone to talk on... and I don't mind that they're not all on the same machine. :P

Well the one i mentioned in the first post has an 8mp camera, youtube usage, wi fi, walkman. Well at least your happy with it :)

Crimsonthread
07-13-2009, 19:09:05
Another reason I'm happy with just a plain old cell is that fancy stuff tends to "walk off." Another teacher at my school had a iPhone, and a student stole it. Nobody wants my beat up phone!

Heartofthedark
07-15-2009, 06:24:44
I personally love the blackberry storm so you could try one of those :) I also love how the newest version of the Iphone is getting things like video and copy and paste that the blackberry had to begin with ;)

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrystorm/?CPID=KNC-SEMD_9530_CA&HBX_PK=rimggl9900000132130s&HBX_OU=50

Clank
07-15-2009, 18:21:32
@crimson- I suppose lol, but when i went on a school trip (like yesterday) and everyone had groovy phones, and i didnt lol :P

@heart- Umm i dont think a Blackberry is my thing :$ I could get the new iphone if i wait till christmas lol :P

donaud
07-15-2009, 18:57:30
I'm with crimson and RBS... I'm still kickin' it with a Razr :D

Clank
07-17-2009, 17:01:42
Haha LOL, *years and years and years* ago Lol
im debating on the one i mentioned in the first post and the new iphone :)

so does anyone know of any great and stylish and new phones?