Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, it's a lot of work but also fun. I was surprised and very happy to see my episodes 1 + 2 are rated so high :-)

What do you have to write, poor OneBun?

Comment

I am writing on legal and ethical considerations of counseling those with eating disorders. Boring sounding I'm sure!
      Seeking Where My Alien & Mysterious Sis Has gone???
      Looney GHer!

Comment

Well, go through many stuff during my studies aswell. But it doesn't sound very boring, just lot of work.

Comment

My other study is a bit deeper... I have to give a power point presentation before my lab panel next week on a neurological study I did this term with a rat study... so far it is falling into place... just busy... I take many 5 min breaks (or more!) to this fun land to shake the stuff off that comes from this work. Yikes!

Originally posted by Mistery
          Well, go through many stuff during my studies aswell. But it doesn't sound very boring, just lot of work.
          What do you study (or are going to study)?
          Last edited by OneBun; 03-25-2007, 16:48:11. Reason: merged posts
          Looney GHer!

Comment

Oh, I finished my studies long ago (psychology, pedagogy and psychopathology) and now I'm about to finish my thesis and work as a lecturer after some years of research.
            So you see your topic isn't new or strange for me ;-)

Comment

That's cool! I love all those areas too! Usually when I tell people that my background is in Neuropsychology (quite a bit of psychopathology there!), and soon to be, Family Counseling...they think I'm crazy! lol
              Looney GHer!

Comment

I know this problem very well...

But to be honest, we are a little bit crazy, just like anyone else is ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mistery
                  I know this problem very well...

But to be honest, we are a little bit crazy, just like anyone else is ;-)
                  That's the truth! As a counselor... there is no way around that! You have to deal w/ your own "stuff" before you can learn to help others.
                  Looney GHer!

Comment

So true! And how far are you with your studies or did you also finish?

Comment

Neuro is done (kinda... but still involved in research), but the Counseling is only 2nd semester grad.
                      Looney GHer!

Comment

And you would like to stay on this track (I mean the counseling)? It's a very interesting field but also hard to support sometimes.

Comment

Yes I plan to continue the Neuro research, but counseling is a passion of mine. I like the practical aspect of seeing life change and not always a new discovery... though I like both!

Are you working in your field(s) other than lecture?
                          Looney GHer!

Comment

Well, I've done 5 years of research and now I'm doing in part lectures for students and I'm also doing some evaluation of qualitative data in a project.

Comment

Wow! That is very time consuming work! Sound exciting though!
                              Looney GHer!

Comment

Yeah it is. But I really have little time and I sometimes don't exactly know how to set my priorities (family, job to do and my games... and other hobbies). Oh and my thesis (should really finish it finally).

Comment

Working...
                                X