Escape the Room Format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escape the Room Format

Is there especially a rule that the ETR games have to be in flash? Are other free, online formats allowed? (That is provided they are free, not "adult content", etc.)

to GamersHood Forums
    No, games can also have another format than flash. We have also javascript games and shockwave games for example.
    If additional installations are necessary to play an online game, it may not make it to our portal gamershood.com though.
    Since you haven't described what file format you are talking about, I can't reply specifically.

Comment

Second Life

On a whim, I made an ETR game in Second Life. Concepts similar to the flash ones, however, since it's a full 3-D environment, you can just move camera behind objects, examine collected items as closely as you like, etc. Links to the locations within secondlife are direct once you have the software. If you want to see if it qualifies for a listing, feel free to visit here: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Zyngo%20South/94/233/25 I will admit there is a learning curve to the environment, but that's fun in itself.

As for the "free" qualification, the platform is a free download, as is membership, as is playing the escape. (Heck, my island is even ad-free, though I've got a Haiti support setup.)
      Last edited by Aargle Zymurgy; 01-23-2010, 03:12:09.

Comment

Working...
      X