PDA

View Full Version : Air Pressure

Crimsonthread
03-10-2010, 04:36:08
What happens when infatuation becomes complacency? Or dependence? You take on the role of a young man having doubts about his current relationship, and whether it really is what he wants out of his life. Air Pressure, a short visual novel by Bento Smile, might be a simple story about falling out of love... or something else entirely.

Play Here (http://www.raitendo.com/games/air-pressure)

Adult rating only due to subtext... if you take it at face value, it's fine for all ages. Please use spoilers to give hints and to discuss deeper meanings. It is highly recommended that users play through the game before reading further comments.

To make spoilers: Type spoiler info here

Kira699
03-10-2010, 04:59:34
It's a little odd.

donaud
03-10-2010, 05:23:51
...a LITTLE odd ??

O_o

ozchick
03-10-2010, 06:59:32
uummm, that was just wierd!!!

Yvonne
03-10-2010, 09:59:34
Played it twice and got different endings. Wonder how many endings there are. Not going to find out.

Mistery
03-10-2010, 10:00:36
The description says 3 different endings :)

Chocbubbles
03-10-2010, 10:12:41
yeah, that was...uh, just weird :S

holcat27
03-10-2010, 21:13:02
Well I liked it. I got the completely-in-love-but-also-in-hospital ending, which I liked because they satyed together. I also got the I'm-happy-on-my-own-I-hope-I-never-need-her-back ending, which was still good, seeing as the character was happy, but still... I know she's only a collection of pixels, but I hated having to end it with her. Being a girl myself, I actually felt the emotions on the receiving end, not the emotions of the character I was playing as. Maybe we girls simply feel the pain of other girls...

Crimsonthread
03-11-2010, 00:22:52
Anyone else get the idea that the girl wasn't really a girl, but represented something else?

Username
03-11-2010, 17:49:07
Anyone else get the idea that the girl wasn't really a girl, but represented something else?

Yes, I did, for sure, I did!

My thought got somewhere like an imaginary friend, that became more and more autark( it is the german word, don't know, if it's similar in english?) so you can't really get rid of, for it is another part of yourself, kind of schizophrenic or MPS kind of thing

What did You think, King Crimson (had to call you that, it's one of my favourite Bands ;) )

Crimsonthread
03-12-2010, 00:49:50
Yes, I did, for sure, I did!

My thought got somewhere like an imaginary friend, that became more and more autark( it is the german word, don't know, if it's similar in english?) so you can't really get rid of, for it is another part of yourself, kind of schizophrenic or MPS kind of thing

What did You think, King Crimson (had to call you that, it's one of my favourite Bands ;) )

I'd prefer Queen Crimson, if you must royalize me. :haha: This has been discussed at length on Jayisgames, and a lot of leading ideas are that she represents drug use (specifically heroin) or cutting/self-mutilation, or perhaps an abusive relationship where the female is the abuser. I don't the interpretation you pick matters, really... she represents something addictive and harmful. I think it really puts addiction in perspective to "outsiders" who's never had to deal with it.

Bengi
03-12-2010, 05:34:13
hmm, I got the hospital ending, and I thought that his friend had died and when he decided that he couldn't live without her he tryed to kill himself, but since he failed he smooth talked his way out of the hospital so that he'd be free to try it again.

Perkqueen
08-24-2010, 03:04:31
The girl represented drugs....you can have yur own interpretations but the author meant for it to be drugs