PDA

View Full Version : Skull Island

Mistery
05-16-2010, 13:58:01
(point and click)

You are Frank Spectre, a world famous private investigator hired to find professor Hummingway, who has gone missing after his plane crashed. Your search will take you to Skull Island and its many secrets.. Have fun playing this point-and-click adventure and start investigating and find out!

You can save your progress by using the "options" icon at the bottom of the screen.

Play Here (http://www.freegamesjungle.com/skull_island.html)

Please use spoilers to give hints:
Enter text here...

Please do not post a video walkthrough for 7 days.

Mistery
05-16-2010, 14:13:18
Got so far:
can of paint, first aid box, piece of metal (used once),
slingshot combined with berries, berries, broken spear, waterproof marker, hard popcorn, magnet, cereal, plate, bowl, ice cubes, half eaten ice cream, butter, milk, mushrooms, glass

Seen recipes, but I don't have all ingredients yet.

Don't know yet how to get item out of hole on tree
Got mango now by loading the slingshot with hard popcorn
Used broken spear with tree sap (tree to the left of screen with native)
This should work with hole on tree, but I have to get nearer Just how?
Hmm, the skull at the entrance sign of the village is a bit loose, how to get it?
To get bananas, I need to bring the hidden native sth cool :hmm:
Got bucket used slingshot on glasses of native with fishing net and bucket; then replaced bucket with paint bucket.
But how to get the fishing net?
Anyhow, filled bucket at pond

Got pocket knife combined sticky spear with magnet; and used on tree hole

Yup, playing alone again :P
And stuck :(

Ha! Got a native friend now :D
Used knife on dead snake
I should soon be able to enter the native village.
Just need to find the ID card in the pond :P

Chocbubbles
05-16-2010, 15:04:55
i'm playing :)

use the stick with sap on it with the magnet to get the item. then use the magnet stick to replace with the guys net

got into village. Now need to find things to make guy into medicine man

Mistery
05-16-2010, 15:10:00
Yay, I'm in the native village :D
Poor professor :P

Yup, 2 tasks from the village
make one of them talk like a medicine man; and prepare other food
Need to check if I have all ingredients :hmm:
Nope, missing eggs, and bananas, and maybe 2nd ingredient on first recipe that is blanked out.

Do you know what the hidden native wants for his bananas?

Chocbubbles
05-16-2010, 15:18:05
have you got the bananas yet?

given chief cereal so far and drawn circles around momo's eyes with marker. i think 2nd ingredient for first recipe is milk

Mistery
05-16-2010, 15:22:18
No, I don't know what the native wants for them.

EDIT
Thanks for the hint with marker, got now jump rope

But I can't give chief cereal

Chocbubbles
05-16-2010, 15:26:43
i thought maybe he wanted the icecream but doesn't seem like it :hmm: also don't know what to use jump rope with

pour cereal into small bowl and add milk then give to the chief.

now also gave chief icecream and guess i need to make him the omelet and smoothie to finish his meal

Mistery
05-16-2010, 15:28:55
Ah! Got skull cut off of sign at entry (where the skull is loose)

Gave it Momo and got now sunglasses

Yvonne
05-16-2010, 15:29:00
How did you get broken spear, waterproof marker, hard popcorn, magnet, plate, half eaten ice cream and butter? I can't get them. Must be doing something wrong.

Mistery
05-16-2010, 15:30:17
Broken spear I think I just had to click it a few times

The other things you get if you go down the hatch behind snake screen

EDIT
Got bananas!
Gave sunglasses to Pago
I need eggs now. Any ideas?

Yvonne
05-16-2010, 15:35:03
I know where they are but I can't get them. I don't know why. I've tried it a bunch of times but I can't get them in my inventory. Thanks for the help though.

Edit: finaly got marker but the fridge doors keep on closing when I want to get the other items. I'm getting frustrated....:mad:

Chocbubbles
05-16-2010, 15:35:42
use jump rope on tree with hole

Mistery
05-16-2010, 15:38:07
Thanks for the hints Choc :)

@Yvonne
I have no idea why it doesn't work for you. Make sure that the items' name is displayed when you hover with your mouse over them.
For popcornswitch off lights

Yvonne
05-16-2010, 15:41:30
Yeah, thanks Mistery that did the trick. I was clicking at the items but you have to click a little bit below or above them..:D

Mistery
05-16-2010, 15:42:12
Yay, glad it works for you, too, Yvonne :D

Made omelet :D
And also made fruit smoothie :D

Chocbubbles
05-16-2010, 15:44:52
yay! out!
that was a good game :)

RBS
05-16-2010, 15:47:12
I like these. Might take awhile, I sure have a lot of ???? to do on the objectives screen.

Plodding along though, just got dude out of snake.

Mistery
05-16-2010, 15:47:57
Yep, I'm out, too :D

Just my score and objectives and rank don't want to load on the final screen, but it doesn't matter. I just don't know if I fulfilled all the tasks or not (didn't check while playing) :P

Really great game :D

Thanks for the help Choc :hug2:

Chocbubbles
05-16-2010, 15:54:00
no problem, Mistery :hug2:
i think you had to do all the tasks to complete the game. yeah my score won't load either...

Mistery
05-16-2010, 15:58:01
Maybe the scores only load if you play from the creator's page:
http://www.masterfool.com/skull_island.html
I don't have time to check it now though.

ibleedrainbows
05-16-2010, 16:25:19
Ummm....Haha I'm totally lost. I can't even get the Help screen off......Help?

RBS
05-16-2010, 16:26:11
There is an black X top right corner kinda hard to see in all the brown

ibleedrainbows
05-16-2010, 16:26:52
Ahh Thank you sooooo much!!

princessemily
05-16-2010, 20:22:25
Who do you give the food to? im confused :|

NannaJoy
05-16-2010, 21:01:13
Had to restart as I enlarged pic and my curser disappeared except outside the game zone.

Out to eat with out town people and mom - I'' restart later ..

aurion
05-16-2010, 21:30:56
Game not working for me in FF. Trying IE but not getting very far.

Mistery
05-16-2010, 23:23:45
Who do you give the food to? im confused :|

You need to give the food to the native chief, who is in the village in his "hut"

@aurion
Strange, I played it in FF and had no problems :)

shootermagavin
05-17-2010, 03:31:58
finished with some help.

NannaJoy
05-17-2010, 06:03:58
Should have saved! Got passed where I was but 1 am making progress. Time to call it a night and remembering to save. need marker, eggs, something for hunter, - do have net and saw it was to get an item but not found that item. thougtht I had left a boat with raft tied together with a rope (different game?) - was thinking a rope would come in handy. I'll be back after some sleep. Like this one ..

Masterfool
05-17-2010, 11:58:40
Hi everyone,

Thanks for trying out my new game, just to let you all know:
There was a bug with the scoring/ending, but it's fixed now.

Don't know if all the sites allready picked it up but you can play the new version here (http://www.masterfool.com).

The bug with the mouse pointer only seems to occur for certain players, so if you do encounter it, please post your browser/resolution.

Thanks a lot, hope you enjoy the game!

(And someone find the secret areas already :boo:)

RBS
05-17-2010, 14:24:33
Thanks for posting Masterfool. I will try your new link and welcome to the Forums.

NannaJoy
05-17-2010, 16:01:44
Good Morning! The saving worked! I've found an item and read about secret areas - oh my!
whisk, 2nd skull (glitch),jump rope, small bowl, egg, sunglasses, bananas,
Hmm - restart to get other updated game?
Pago wants leather jacket? sunglasses? What does he think is cool? ;)

I can't make him that cool - tried to swap.
At last saw village
used water bucket and ice cream but can't combine cereal, milk & bowl. Seems likely .. oops! wrong bowl
need another item or two for recipes.
Added items to list above and see an item I need.
Hmm.. have an idea of what he wants but haven't seen it. He wants to be a witch doctor. OH - that worked. Have a new item.
OK done - but no score given and no secret areas found. I didn't use one item or at least do not recall using it.

RBS
05-17-2010, 16:29:38
(h)

I finished but left a lot out there. Must replay and try harder.

Very nice game. Funny too!

Mistery
05-17-2010, 17:02:22
Hi everyone,

Thanks for trying out my new game, just to let you all know:
There was a bug with the scoring/ending, but it's fixed now.

Don't know if all the sites allready picked it up but you can play the new version here (http://www.masterfool.com).

The bug with the mouse pointer only seems to occur for certain players, so if you do encounter it, please post your browser/resolution.

Thanks a lot, hope you enjoy the game!

(And someone find the secret areas already :boo:)

Hi Masterfool, thanks for the info :)
I'm going to ask GamersHood to reupload the fixed version :)

Congrats on a great game, I really enjoyed it :D
Hope to see more such games from you :)

NannaJoy
05-17-2010, 19:53:27
Alrighty - trying new link - before I forget all I did before with eye out for secrets.
Odd that the guy turns green now and then. Moving along but still nothing different. pixel hunt? Or use something I have in a different place?

Nap is calling.
Erika - should say where you are stuck so others can help.

OH and see Masterfool posted a clue for me (and others) - I'll look into that after a brief snooze.

Erika
05-17-2010, 21:06:49
This is a little bit like Monkey Island... I like it... But I'm stuck at the moment...

Masterfool
05-17-2010, 21:36:50
Thanks for the welcome everyone and I´m glad you you like the game.
If you need any help, here´s a walkthrough (http://www.masterfool.com/skull_island_walkthrough.html).

For now it doesn´t cover any of the hidden objectives/secret areas, but if anyone needs any help with that feel free to ask.

RBS: good job on completing the game, but there's much more to explore :hmm:

NannaJoy: absolutely not a pixelhunt, but here's some help:

The witch doctor can actually give you a third item...
Rumors of a "man eating fish" have been going around...

Mistery: thanks a lot, I appreciate it!

Mistery
05-17-2010, 21:38:53
GamersHood has reuploaded the new version :)
I'll try the game again to see if I find all secret places :)

RBS
05-17-2010, 21:42:25
Thanks for the info MasterFool (hehe, sounds funny saying that). I figured a good place to start would be BamBam or BooBoo or whoever was fishing and learn more about that giant fish. Look forward to it.

GrannyPeggy
05-18-2010, 03:29:08
:frustrated:I have the net but can't seem to find the magic spot to use it to get the ID card from the pond Any help? I really want to finish this one, but maybe later or even tomorrow. Studying calls!:'(

tipper75
05-18-2010, 03:34:31
I just dipped in the left side of the small pond. Has the guy from the snake told you where he lost it, may be a sequential thing.

NannaJoy
05-18-2010, 04:08:18
Running late in picking up the game tonight. Napped too long. I forgot first time through about the objectives! So will keep an eye on them this time. feeding the head dude at the moment.
150 pts so far.
I did 4 dishes - but why not snake/ and I've retalked to folks. Notice an object that might be of use but have not figured out a way to get it. And thought maybe undoing something I did might prove useful at this point but can't seem to do that. And I've an item I have not used. just nothing hitting me.
Almost 1 a.m. - so I'll sleep on it.

Slept on it .. Wondering if the first page one is the new version and would have my latest save. I didn't take a chance but went to page 3 of forum and got that version.

GrannyPeggy
05-18-2010, 05:28:18
Thanks Tipper. It worked after that. Which one is the chief?
nvm! Moving on...

:smileydance:and out! Great game, MasterFool!:yourock::appl: I'm looking forward to playing more of your games. Thanks for the effort!:D

NannaJoy
05-18-2010, 19:47:54
offered all I had and even tried using magnet to get 3rd thing The witchdoc who has something I think will help. Well according to post 37.

I've also retalked to all -given items back to fisherman but can not undo one thing for him. (Coba).
And Joobla just hangs with snake which to me seems would roast up well if taken to village *grin*

Can't reclaim an item used that I thought might be useful some place else.
I can finish but not with many points.
I had taken a break to the porch and hadn't checked to see if anyone else had posted.

Mistery, you seem to be typing away faster today ;) Or just noticed what a whizz you are.

Mistery
05-18-2010, 19:50:57
Sorry don't remember which one Mano was.

EDIT
Ah, the wannabe medicine man?
As far as I remember, you can use marker on his eyes, and give him skull that you remove from one of the road signs

NannaJoy
05-18-2010, 22:10:00
He also has a telescope that should be of intrest. I got it! Found an item I had missed - black marker.
can we clean his glasses?
Who else to dress up? - see ojectives.
What to do with first aid kit?
Dinner time - think I'll save and call it a night unless something comes to me on this one.

After dinner
I made a long distance phone call! LOL
Some folks just have their web site listed in the oddest places. LOL

Masterfool
05-19-2010, 01:13:09
Hey everyone,

Here are some tips for the secret areas for those that want them:

The medicine man gives you a telescope after you changed his appearance 3 times (marker, paint, skull) .

The professor knows more about the the maneating fish, after you talked to him about it go check out the beach.

Happy gaming and thanks for all the positive feedback!

GrannyPeggy
05-19-2010, 01:59:15
Thanks for the secret hints, MasterFool! I'll try again this weekend. :appl:

NannaJoy
05-19-2010, 03:56:35
Saved for tonight - up to 310 pts. Very enjoyable Except I had to use the wrong room ...
night all.

Purp
05-19-2010, 06:19:21
250/1390 points...
10/35 Objectives
Rookie Investigator (17%)

I wonder...what number would be correct for Tony to call...

Never mind. I think I know...

Well, that's an improvement.
480/1390 Points
13/35 Objectives
Amature Investigator (34%)...
This is a fun game, I agree.

I think I found one of the secret places...:rolleye-smile::shy:

Holy Ootchclaw, I don't believe it!! I found some of the secret places, and ended up with
635/1390 Points
19/35 Objectives
Certified Investigator (45%)
Wow!! :o

Hey everyone,

Here are some tips for the secret areas for those that want them:

The medicine man gives you a telescope after you changed his appearance 3 times (marker, paint, skull) .

The professor knows more about the the maneating fish, after you talked to him about it go check out the beach.

Happy gaming and thanks for all the positive feedback!

Great game. I cannot get the professor to talk about the maneating fish. What do I need to do??

Yvonne
05-19-2010, 12:02:30
I can't seem to make the eggdish and smoothie. Need matches?? Where is the switch of the blender? Have plugged it in, have putted all items in, I think. Kinda stuck..Go look at walkthrough from Masterfool.
Have got extra item from medicineman.

Mistery
05-19-2010, 12:10:16
No matches, but you need to switch on stove
The switch is on the blender, a black dot I think.

Yvonne
05-19-2010, 12:25:47
Thanks Mistery, how silly of me not to look for stove controls Looks like I've never cooked before :haha:

haha found the location of the power button on the blender somewhere in the middle of the blender it says power button,duh that's where I would put it also....:D

Edit:
Out but not with a high score. Tried those secret things Masterfool was talking about and completed one but no luck on the other one.
Thanks for a nice game. :P

Mistery
05-19-2010, 12:27:16
LOL Yvonne :rofl-smilie: :P

Scrappy
05-19-2010, 20:11:56
I went to the moon... got a burger, gave toilet lady pearls. Now what?

Anyone know how to get more money? Also, how do I get rotten tooth out of shark?

Yvonne
05-19-2010, 22:13:04
Thanks for your hints Scrappy, I went back to the game and did more then before.
3D glasses on the moon and gave them to Tony not sure if it will bring me anything.

Where did you the pearls and money for burger?

lvtrainer45
05-19-2010, 22:52:52
Finished with a 925 score

Cant figure out where Key to lockbox on the moon is

Purp
05-19-2010, 23:32:55
I'm trying to get the coupon for the free hotdog from the underwater vendor.

Yvonne, you for the money you talk to Neil on the moon and the cook in the village. For the pearl you ask Bobo about the Giant maneating fish, then the professor after you put the fire out. I hope that helps.

Yvonne
05-19-2010, 23:33:24
Okay, I finished the game again and I found everything there is to find. I did use a walkthrough because some things were very hard to find and I wanted to complete the whole game. I got the highest points and did all objectives. What a great game.

Cant figure out where Key to lockbox on the moon is
you see a hint in the restroom on the moon key is under water and you need the stick with magnet to get it
Thanks Purp, didn't see your post before.:D

you get it from someone elsethe guy with the glasses with berries on themon the beach

lvtrainer45
05-19-2010, 23:42:01
Okay, I finished the game again and I found everything there is to find. I did use a walkthrough because some things were very hard to find and I wanted to complete the whole game. I got the highest points and did all objectives. What a great game.

you see a hint in the restroom on the moon key is under water and you need the stick with magnet to get it
Thanks Purp, didn't see your post before.:D

you get it from someone elsethe guy with the glasses with berries on themon the beach

Yep saw the clue on the stall and tried the magnet but I cant seem to find it, tried the pond, tried around the sub and tried everywhere under the sea but no luck... oh found it! in the tube, tricky tricky

Yvonne
05-19-2010, 23:44:46
Yep saw the clue on the stall and tried the magnet but I cant seem to find it, tried the pond, tried around the sub and tried everywhere under the sea but no luck... oh found it! in the tube, tricky tricky
Under the sea in view with hotdogvendor you see a blue plant on the left. Use your mouse on the top and you should find something that will make you understand what you have to do.
there is a hole on top, use stick there

lvtrainer45
05-19-2010, 23:50:26
Up to 1025 and 31/35 achievements, just gotta figure out what I'm missing.

Purp
05-19-2010, 23:51:57
Wait a minute, what lockbox on the moon?

Yvonne
05-19-2010, 23:54:09
Wait a minute, what lockbox on the moon?
Go to the restroom on the moon and on the bottomleft side there is a loose tileknife

Up to 1025 and 31/35 achievements, just gotta figure out what I'm missing.
Some hints did you get the cookbook from the cook?did you get Neil the item that he needs?[ did you get burger and plain shake?did you give pearls to Laverne? did you help the sharkdid you gave sharktooth to guy with glasses on the beach? did you bring all the food and t-shirt to the chief?

Purp
05-19-2010, 23:59:23
Go to the restroom on the moon and on the bottomleft side there is a loose tileknife

Oh,naturally. When I want to hide something valuable, I use a loose tile in a fast food restuarant's restroom. Doesn't everyone?:haha::lol:

Yvonne
05-20-2010, 00:04:09
Yes, I do too. :D Laverne is a great guard :P

Purp
05-20-2010, 00:06:50
Thanks for the help, Yvonne and everyone else. Masterfool, if you read this, this is an excellent game and I enjoyed it thoroghly. I'm looking forward to more games from you.
(Of course, after touching that particular tile, I scrubbed my hands for 20 minutes seconds like the Health Department advocates).

I got:
1015/1390 Points
31/35 Objectives
Your Rank: Professional nvestigator (73%)
I'm not sure what I missed, though. I think you do something with the coin dish and the payphone on the moon, but not sure what, though.

Mistery
05-20-2010, 00:08:42
I have to replay it when I have more time, I'm really curious about all the secrets :D

Oh no, now everyone knows where I have hidden my millions :o
I have to run to the fast food restaurant early in the morning to remove it :P :haha:

tipper75
05-20-2010, 00:20:56
I have to replay it when I have more time, I'm really curious about all the secrets :D

Oh no, now everyone knows where I have hidden my millions :o
I have to run to the fast food restaurant early in the morning to remove it :P :haha:

Me too, I did not know there was so much to do, but I'll have to make time.

:shinyufo: Now that I learned to travel in space, I off tonight to get Mistery's millions :lol:

Masterfool
05-20-2010, 00:22:37
Haha, reading all these nice reviews, really makes it all worthwile!
After all the positive feeback I'm already considering making a sequel :)

Thanks a lot everyone!

Purp
05-20-2010, 00:28:01
I'm pretty sure you need to do something with the spear point, too. I just don't know what. I tried pocketknife and piece of metal, but it wouldn't come out. I'm also sure that when it is figured out, I'll look something like this :what: only less yellow. (My jaundice isn't that bad this week).:hah:

@Masterfool...please do. This is a great game. Also, in case no one else said it (or even if they did) :welcome: to Gamershood. :hi:

Yvonne
05-20-2010, 00:50:25
@Masterfool...Please do make a sequel because it is a realy nice game.

@Purp.... you don't have to do anything with the coindish and the payphone or the spearpoint.

Mistery
05-20-2010, 00:54:45
:shinyufo: Now that I learned to travel in space, I off tonight to get Mistery's millions :lol:

Hey! :nope:
*Turns on hyper-warp-speed, and in the meantime looks for crowbar to break door of fastfood restaurant*

Haha, reading all these nice reviews, really makes it all worthwile!
After all the positive feeback I'm already considering making a sequel :)

Thanks a lot everyone!

Yes, yes, it would be so great if you made a sequel! :D

Scrappy
05-20-2010, 03:09:16

Some hints did you get the cookbook from the cook?did you get Neil the item that he needs?[ did you get burger and plain shake?did you give pearls to Laverne? did you help the sharkdid you gave sharktooth to guy with glasses on the beach? did you bring all the food and t-shirt to the chief?

I completed all objectives! Thanks for the hints. I had to restart the game so I could get the burger and shake (instead of just burger).

Purp
05-20-2010, 06:10:55
How do you get the shake with the burger?
Never mind, I made the correct order.
Total Points:1390/1390
Objectives:35/35
Rank:Frank Spectre:The World's Greatest Investigator (100%)

I did it!! W00t!!!

Mistery
05-20-2010, 12:26:46
Congrats Purp :appl:

Zetai Sabishi
05-24-2010, 16:07:53
one of the best games I played for WAAAAYYYYY TOOOOOO LOOOONGGGGG>>...
people should make more games like this one.
ok, almost done... just can't figure out how to -open the box on the moon
-get the t-shirt you're talking about
-finding that mysterious treasure._.
someone got any hints for me? (but don't tell me the answer, I wanna feel like I completed it all by myselfV_V)
oh wait, found a new hotspot I didn't notice before...nevermind, I'm doneX333
ALL BY MYSELFX3333!!!!!
hahahahahahahaha:3

Perkqueen
08-08-2010, 21:15:11
AMAZING GAME!!!! mad that i didnt get to get all the points since i didnt get the plain shake when i got my burger but other then that i did everything....hope they make a part two and definitely had to look at a walkthrough a couple times: http://jayisgames.com/archives/2010/05/pi_chronicles_skull_island.php#walkthrough

Total Score: 1015/1390
Objectives: 31/35