PDA

View Full Version : Book of Mages

Bender
10-10-2006, 10:05:02
http://www.gamershood.com/flashgames/2076

http://en.t45ol.com/play/1994/book-of-mages.html

Game where you must train and become the great mage. You start by choosing a clan. Each clan has its own special magic and different maximum stats for the general magic. You make your own destiny in the game good or bad. You must also trie to get to #1 in the book of mages. which you can attempt in the game a little.

The 6 clans

Water

Poison Water
Sea Water
Ice Water

Fire

Chaos Fire
Dark Fire
Red Fire

Bender
10-10-2006, 10:12:36
A good way to win battles is to use mana burn to get their mana to zero.they rest and get 6 mana. then do your strongest attack. then repeat. you need to have full mana burn later in the game.

Vault
10-11-2006, 19:46:00
very very very VERY fun game

Bender
10-12-2006, 07:58:03
the only thing i don't like about it is that if you lose against anyone at the great mage election youu have to start again to finish it.

cooldudenc
10-19-2006, 00:59:58
i hate that

Bender
10-19-2006, 10:07:40
the ending doesnt make sense if you are in the chaos fire clan and become the clan leader but lose one of the matches to be the great mage because it says that you lose and you arent the great mage. then it says that the chaos fire clan leader (you) becomes the great mage. the games creator musn't of thought that through very well.

PwsWhskrs
10-19-2006, 10:09:23
I'll take your word on that. I didn't lose to anyone at the Great Mage election. I lost to one person at the Clan Leader one, though.

I LOVE this game. I'm assuming it was translated, cuz the words were spelled wrong and some of the sentences didn't make sense. All in all, LOVED IT.

cooldudenc
10-19-2006, 21:11:40
which is the best clan in opinion? i tried the ice water and the poison water clans so far, but lost near the end.

Bender
10-19-2006, 23:29:01
the best clan depends on what you want, good mana burn, good attack or defense. its really a matter of opinion.

Inferno
10-19-2006, 23:41:52
i was in the seawater clan and completed the game, just max out skills, mana burn them to 0 mana and use your low attack, followed by mana burn, and repeat un til they are dead.- almost flawless technique.

bubbie92
10-20-2006, 03:56:26
i can't beat the 2nd tournament 1rst round and i can't max stats out in time to be strong enough!!!!

Malgon
10-20-2006, 07:47:19
I can't even beat the first tourney they get too good.

Geddon
10-20-2006, 17:54:01
Each clan has it's strenghts and weaknesses. You might be able to win most of your matches through brute force (Mana Burn and Offense) but there will come matches where you will find yourself in a world of hurt.

Tips:

You cannot use the same ability twice in a row. So if the opponent leads off with a High Attack, they cannot respond to your attack with another High Attack.

Combat Styles:

Brute Force: Offense Attacks (high/low) and Mana Burn. Take away their mana and counter their attacks with a High/Low attack. This only works if your attacks are equal to or better than their offensives or if you can drain their mana completely before you die. Once they are out of mana, you can continue to drain, then attack. Without mana, they cannot counter your attack and will have to use rest while taking the full brunt of your attack.

Tade Blows: Defend and then Attack. This is a good method to use if you can "Profit" from a trade in attacks. You need to absorb more damage then the enemy can deal.

Example:
You: 5 Point High Attack and 5 Point High Defense
Enemy: 6 Point High Attack and 3 Point High Defense

Since you cannot use the same attack twice, if you defend the high attack you will lose 10 HP. But when you use your High Attack, the enemy must use his High Defense and loses 20. Without aid (poison or healing) you will win straight up in this fight.

More info to come.

Traid Dude
10-20-2006, 18:43:18
There is so much more than just statistics to winning battles.You have to figure out both your enemies strengths & weaknesses as well as your's.

By the way,this game I give a 8/10.

FCVikingJT
10-21-2006, 05:14:30
OH NOOOO!!! Not another game I'm addicted to!! :pcsmasher lol. I really like this game & I can't get away from it until I beat it. Thanks so much for posting!!

Edit: Finally beat it!!! Yeah me!!! Beat it being in the Red Fire Clan. After leading the clans for 40 years I passed away peacefully. lol

stickmanbob
10-22-2006, 12:39:54
I'm on the first tourney against other clans.

--EDIT--

Now I'm going around trying to get my rank up. This game's fun!

--OTHER EDIT--

I win! I find the best strategy was to go as a Red Fire mage and take all the mana using Drain.

lazybum
10-22-2006, 23:38:45
i played as a part of the dark fire clan, and i find that it is impossible to defeat the red fire clan. their high defend completely cancels out our high attack. and our maxed out low defend/attack is still 2 less than their low attacksl. I won them in the beginning by draining all their mana and silencing them to prevent them using drain, but near the end, it is impossible when they have over 200 mana. =[ final rank was 6. this is leading me to believe that red fire is the strongest.

stickmanbob
10-24-2006, 13:16:22
I was red fire and my final rank was three. I played as ice water for a while as they are exactly equal to us- high attack, low defend- but overall I do think that red Fire is best. The only reason I couldn't get to level 1 was that I didn't have the time to train my mana.

Traid Dude
11-04-2006, 23:32:51
I was red fire and my final rank was three. I played as ice water for a while as they are exactly equal to us- high attack, low defend- but overall I do think that red Fire is best. The only reason I couldn't get to level 1 was that I didn't have the time to train my mana.
I agree with the part with the Red Fire Clan being the best.Well I played as a Chaos Fire Mage at first,got up to rank #3 and became Great Mage.But...as a Red Fire Mage I both gotten to be #1 Mage and Great Mage!Well the top mage (in the begginning) was supposed to be the Chaos Fire Clan leader but there was no challenge at all,it was just a long battle.

Vault
11-05-2006, 20:12:27
ice water clan = strongest clan hands down.

Pink
11-20-2006, 19:12:54
I beat the game:)I was in red fire clan and became no 1 and also the great mage.Before that I tried with the dark fire and the only one I could not defeat being a dark fire mage was the Red fire mage.:)So next time I tried as the Red Fire mage and won.
It was really addicting.lol

bubbie92
12-03-2006, 01:32:34
i give up on this i can't beat the clan leader after the first tournament on the fire red clan(ithink it is this):mad: :(

stickmanbob
06-10-2007, 09:49:18
I do think Red fire is strongest. You use mana burn and drain to get their power down, then attack them while they rest. It even works on your own clan, though it is somewhat harder to pull off. The only one I had a problem with was high level ice water mages, but I got around that. When they are at about 7 or 8 on their specials, use low attack (if it is maxed out) and they will use the basic freeze to defend themselves. Then you can defend against their next attack, because the basic freeze only stops one action. It's when they hit you with the second one that you're stuffed

EDIT: Ok, I've found a bug. I need to get my rank up, but the next person to fight is the clan leader of my clan, and when I say 'talk to clan leader' it just doesn't let me.

jem0882
02-03-2009, 07:23:05
i have won this game 1 after the other using all 5 clans...it was pretty easy except for the poison water clan...i became a saint, a demon, a holy mage, a evil mage. i ranked number 1 in mage ranking. i was famous. no one can beat me...except when im...poison water clan...

i have a huge problem with the poison water clan...i can't beat that <<<DELETED BY MODERATION>>> chaos fire clan leader...damn...there is no way that guy can be defeated by the poison water clan...he has a special ability called twice...damn that...all i can use to hit him is the poison specialty skill..but its not enough to kill him before it kills me...there is not a single tactic to bit this <<<REMOVED BY MODERATION>>> so dont bother trying...

if anyone has a coment tot my post just send me a reply... ill lookin forward to it

I do think Red fire is strongest. You use mana burn and drain to get their power down, then attack them while they rest. It even works on your own clan, though it is somewhat harder to pull off. The only one I had a problem with was high level ice water mages, but I got around that. When they are at about 7 or 8 on their specials, use low attack (if it is maxed out) and they will use the basic freeze to defend themselves. Then you can defend against their next attack, because the basic freeze only stops one action. It's when they hit you with the second one that you're stuffed

EDIT: Ok, I've found a bug. I need to get my rank up, but the next person to fight is the clan leader of my clan, and when I say 'talk to clan leader' it just doesn't let me.

my reply: actually redfire clan is my 4th strongest...out of six...

and its not a bug...

you should rank your mage up to 1 before the end of 2009 or you wont be able to beat your own clan leader...

yallz
04-07-2009, 04:47:41
I had already completed the game as the red fire clan and decided to have a go as the choas fire clan (very fun what with all those attacks) and to start with i actually did very well, i was racing up the rankings when i got to the Seawater clan leader (i beat the mage master via sheer force). The seawater clan is unique as its fighting style being so different from the others. My stats were maxed at the time HA6 LA6 MB5 HD4 LD3 and on my first attempt i had something like 160-180 mana but i just couldnt beat him :(... No matter what i did it was impossible, He would just defend and because he used MB's i couldnt use my twices, i tried to fight MB with MB but at 350 he has an endless supply. Towards the end i was able to strike him as he started attacking but by that time he had easily amassed enough specials to heal himself. I think the real problem was that my attacks were to strong and i never had enough mana to supply the expensive attacks. I think seawater is actually quite a weak clan to start with but the only way to stop them when there maxed (as i now think i did as i was red fire) is to use speicals. Im still quite a newb ( only having played twice) but i was wondering how to beat this.:)