PDA

View Full Version : The Traveler

cocoa100
10-13-2006, 05:10:50
This game is technically promoting a book called The Traveler
It's a spy type game where you use different tools to follow the trail of the Traveler. It's easy to follow and fun to play.

Link: http://www.randomhouse.com/features/traveler/

Ree
10-13-2006, 15:53:47
Im listening to the audio things to find the missing words, i just cant seem to get : Your first vechile is waiting at the ....... ? i cant hear it on any properly? :(

cocoa100
10-13-2006, 17:44:30
auto parts business
on the website
internet terminals

Kira699
10-23-2006, 23:15:51
bah humbug.......don't know what to do with the internet thingy...just gives real links. I don't know what i'm supposed to be looking for or doing.

cocoa100
10-24-2006, 02:27:36
bah humbug.......don't know what to do with the internet thingy...just gives real links. I don't know what i'm supposed to be looking for or doing.

Ok, so you figured out the audio part. There's a car and info about it is on the internet. So enter in one of the IP addresses, make sure you are on the right date (click timeline if you need help). Now look at the list of websites, which one would have info about a car? Now look for info about an available car and use the license plate number.

sim1987
10-24-2006, 16:21:19
Ok am I the only one who gets to a point where it types in an agent and a password but then you can't do anything?

Xara
10-24-2006, 20:59:33
That was good loads of fun and now i want to read the book. (s)??

Charizard66
10-24-2006, 21:03:41
sim1987 try holding down ctrl then push submit to overide ur popup blocker happened to me but i did what i just said to play it

DizzyGecko
10-24-2006, 22:42:21
im having issues with the credit card search ive check the three store names and nothing even when i change the date, any help?

DizzyGecko
10-24-2006, 22:54:12
nevermind i figured it out

bunny_eyez_kill
10-24-2006, 22:57:18
i cant get past the first part with the ip search thingy!
am i thick or sumit?

DizzyGecko
10-24-2006, 23:17:19
i don't know where to go...ive matched the finger prints but i can't figure out which one it is on the credit card receipt..non of the aliases are on her dossier.

if you check the ip information there is a business that does auto parts and it will have a license plate number you can check

hello890
10-25-2006, 00:25:51
I am kinda confused about what to do with all the credt card information. I think I am supposed to be looking for this Mother Blessing person. How do I do that?

R.M.O.
10-25-2006, 00:45:54
Ok, I've tracked her from the audio, done the internet jobby, done credit cards and vehicle traces and video links and satellite information and I've just found my 2nd (maybe 3rd?) 'thing' on the ip. search... where she's talking to her martial artist friend who says 'Come to my work place'.
Now it wants me to do another police record search on hollis, the martial arts guy

But, it wont allow any variant on South Central, Los Angeles, or California and I don't see an address on his website or dossier

Any ideas?
I'll try and help you guys get here if you help me get through this! XD

R.M.O.
10-25-2006, 00:51:14
You need to look at Mother Blessing's dossier and find the alias she's using, then find the right date and place.
Hint:
copy and paste the place names from the map into the credit search under 'company'

BIIIIG Hint
Look for the surnames: Quinn, Greenman, Gale or O'Rourke.
Can't see 'em? You've got something wrong, try a different place (The Hog Farm, Leon's Food and Gas, etc) and get the right date from the timeline

katie88
10-25-2006, 01:09:51
Okay....Really not getting the Ip thing. Ive looked down both the addresses, but I still can't find anything for auto parts.

Ignore. Found it!

cocoa100
10-25-2006, 01:15:56
Make sure you have the right date for the IP thing. You should find an autoparts business on one of the lists

R.M.O.
10-25-2006, 01:16:06
Okay....Really not getting the Ip thing. Ive looked down both the addresses, but I still can't find anything for auto parts.

Here's a big hint for ya
They aren't the only addresses, they are addresses for seperate terminals, like the end of two lines... try looking somewhere in the middle ;)

katie88
10-25-2006, 01:28:22
Thanks guys. I've got it now.

However I'm now stuck on the credit card thingy.....:wht:

cocoa100
10-25-2006, 01:45:32
By the way R.M.O., for the Police search you're not searching for Hollis's place, you're searching for the pawn shop's location.

The_Lady
10-25-2006, 01:46:19
Ok, I've tracked her from the audio, done the internet jobby, done credit cards and vehicle traces and video links and satellite information and I've just found my 2nd (maybe 3rd?) 'thing' on the ip. search... where she's talking to her martial artist friend who says 'Come to my work place'.
Now it wants me to do another police record search on

Ok I realize this is a little late, but if you read the book surveilance you can click on the martial arts website and then on a small symbol near the bottom. try going from there...

bunny_eyez_kill
10-25-2006, 14:39:05
I still cant get it i have the website, but i havent got the licence plate thingy
got it i put I instead of 1!

BlackMagic
10-25-2006, 14:54:27
Can someone please help me with the license plate, i think i got the right address and even thought i got the right license but when i type it in it doesnt work *sigh*

redwingsfan11
10-25-2006, 17:51:19
what terminal should we be looking at and what address should we click?
this is hard!

katie88
10-25-2006, 22:21:29
Look in the timeline...It'll show you the date, then just check ip addresses for an auto part business.

slk82
10-25-2006, 22:45:07
ok, just in case anyone is out there... clicked on the ip address but the website is blocked. Any chance someone could pm the liscense plate? Or put it in a spoiler?

ackafurl
10-27-2006, 05:29:51
I am stuck on the credit card part..I found a name with greenman(or greenham..whichever it was) at the RV place. I searched for the liscense plate and what not and got all this dern information..I searched the I.P. address for the guys computer and what not and Now i am stuck. Totally confused. Not sure if I got the wrong name from the credit card search or not..can anyone offer and help? ;c)

Belondra
10-27-2006, 12:26:11
wow im really stuck,
ive completed it but i cant work out where the final meeting place is!!
maybe im stupid or something but i just can seem to understand, and i cant find anything on google.

ahhhh ive worked it out, but im gonna have to start again

LittleDevilDuck
10-27-2006, 15:19:04
I thought i worked out the final meeting place as well but when i put it in it says i'm wrong and i'm just lost!! so frustrating!! can you give me a hint to what the answer is so i know if it's me or the game??

Hi_Im_Kelsie
10-27-2006, 19:03:47
UGHHH!
Ok, it says she was mugging people in the Oklahoma City Metropolitan Area. I search it in the credit card thing, like it tells me to. and NOTHING HAPPENS! help, please please please!

NVM, I got past that. Now I cant get to Hollis' Martial Arts School. HELP!!!

Can anyone help? PLEASE? I have 5 mins left on the game.

Hi_Im_Kelsie
10-27-2006, 20:31:15
HELP! PLease...anyone?!?!?! I've gotten so far in this game.

It says: Visit me at my place of work (or whatever). Find your symbol there.

What the freak? It won't let me find Los Angeles, CA on the police reports. HELP PLEASE. And what pawn shop???

Saphyre
10-28-2006, 21:31:39
GAAAH!!!
I can't find the stupid license plate!!!
The only "auto-parts" business I can find is the "Resurrection Auto Parts Business" and just about every link there leads to a forum..
HELP SOMEBODY!
I also tried all the airline sites to look for rental cars...
Can somebody put the license plate in a spoiler?

mumbleboy
10-28-2006, 22:49:50
ok... i'm confused about the ip thing... i really don't understand how to do it...

Mcakkay
10-29-2006, 19:30:54
Stuck on the license plate thing too..got to the resurrection auto parts site..clueless on what to click next...spoiler pleaseee

EDIT: FOUND IT!!!! Its under ITEMS. last one, above the "price explosion" picture

aww man i ran out of time:@..and i still at the symbol. i am pretty sure i know what to do but it seems to be wrong..i dont know what to put for the police report about the email from hollis..

cocoa100
10-31-2006, 02:46:28
Okay, Kelsi I believe you found that quote on the internet thing right? If you look at the rest of the sites on the list you should find one with hollis in the title. Once you've found the site, look for a weird symbol and click on it. You will get a message about a pawn shop. Use the police reports with the location of the pawn shop.

cocoa100
10-31-2006, 03:03:46
mumbleboy, for the ip thing. input the ip address and scan the list of web sites. For the first IP thing you are looking for information about a car, so look for a site that would have info on cars, an autoparts business maybe?
For the second one make sure you read the police report completely if you do you should know what to look for. For the last one you should see the same page that you looked at for the second one, a form submission, read the post before this for help on this one. If you can't find what you're looking for, try changing the date, moving it back specifically and see if that helps.

Belondra
10-31-2006, 12:20:03
LittleDevilDuck

you know what state she is going to be in because it tells you in the audio, then look at the name of the cities in that state.........any of them familiar???

remember what the city is named after

Martzuka
10-31-2006, 13:35:23
I can't figured out what is the last town...PLZ!! Send a spoiler Belondra... :)

Or could somebody tell me?