PDA

View Full Version : New site feedback or problems.

GamersHood
08-17-2005, 21:20:56
GamersHood version 2 feedback and problems. Tell us.

Vortex
08-18-2005, 11:57:19
New site catagory should be updated. Side Scrollers for all those madness fans and mario lovers.

GamersHood
08-18-2005, 14:05:28
New site catagory should be updated. Side Scrollers for all those madness fans and mario lovers.

Yes, it'll be done tonight;)

smjjames
08-18-2005, 20:07:37
you guys need to put those foriegn language icons back up because one of the games, MacGayver is one such game but theres no icon or notice saying its not in english.

GamersHood
08-19-2005, 20:06:27
you guys need to put those foriegn language icons back up because one of the games, MacGayver is one such game but theres no icon or notice saying its not in english.

Indeed, but then i need to contact my programmer. This my take a while...

Adventure
08-06-2006, 23:30:33
I am not sure if this the right place to tell this, but I can't open last page (page 199) of the thread chit chat. The other 198 pages are no problem at all.

P.S. I tried it 4 times.
P.S. 2: I like the new edit function.

Jimmy
08-06-2006, 23:31:43
it takes forever to load the chitchat tread

Mistery
08-06-2006, 23:34:00
I am not sure if this the right place to tell this, but I can't open last page (page 199) of the thread chit chat. The other 198 pages are no problem at all.

P.S. I tried it 4 times.
P.S. 2: I like the new edit function.

Yes Adventure, I have the exactly same problem. Lets see if it can be fixed. We just need some patience.

Oh, I have just seen your post Jimmy. Yes, we are aware of this problem and hope that GamersHood can fix it soon :-)

Adventure
08-06-2006, 23:55:49
okay, we can't open page 199, we can open page 200, but I still can't reply to the thread chit chat. Also quoting doesn't work. If this is only me, maybe I am causing the problem (by accident of course)?

Mistery
08-06-2006, 23:58:11
No Adventure, GamersHood is still working on it. Please have some more patience
:-)

Do you mean quoting only in chit chat thread or in general?

Adventure
08-07-2006, 00:19:42
No Adventure, GamersHood is still working on it. Please have some more patience
:-)

Do you mean quoting only in chit chat thread or in general?

1) Of course I have patience, I only thought I was the only one who had still problems with it.
2) I mean quoting in chit chat, but the problem is solved now.

@Gamershood: Good work! :appl:

OneBun
08-09-2006, 18:59:24
I love the upgrades! It's a lot of work you put in GamersHood to make all those styles work! They all look great! I especially like the paperClip one (cuz it's quite girly~n~pink like me)! :P

Adventure
03-30-2007, 22:02:12
Since the update I experience problems with the intern searching engine of GH forums.

E.g. if I am searching in the thread “locked in a hotel during a storm” using the keyword “dancing” I only get two pages of post results of the last two days, however this thread has a history of moths with dancing. The same if I use the keyword “wedding” in the thread “chit chat 2” I get only results of a few hours ago, the same if I search with “darknight”. Searching with the keyword “crazy” gives me only 22 results, the oldest result is from 2 days ago. Searching with the keywords “lilli” gives me 4 pages of results, the oldest is from 2 days ago. Searching with the keyword “lili” give me 26 results, the oldest is from February this year. But if I search with the keyword “mystery” or “mistery” I get all the results. I don’t see any logic pattern or anything but I know I am not getting a full rapport of results when I search with some keywords.

Another example if search in the forum “room escape” with the keyword “dailion” to find the thread “dailion tower” I get no results also the word “tower” give no results. Also solo, sphere, ugly, crimson, office, transaction, cannibal aren’t delivering any result. But also this isn’t consequent. Other keywords like e.g. escape, series, fish, coffee, quest, bomb, city aren’t a problem to find threads. One last example. If I search through all the forums using the keyword “wogger” I only get the game thread “wogger x-mass”. I know I searched a month ago with the exact same method and that I got both the threads of wogger.

I know the search engine is not perfect. But since the update I get so much of these kind of errors. Just too much. I never had this in such a large amount of failures before the update. Only now and then a not too common or too short keyword couldn’t not be recognized by the search engine, however this keyword was definitive a part of the name of a game thread.

I don’t know what is going on, but the searching engine surely doesn’t seem to work as it should. :sad:

wirodeu
03-31-2007, 10:42:09
@Adventure, Yeah i had this problem too..
And some letters are disapearing in da signatures...

GamersHood
03-31-2007, 11:53:30
The search engine shoule be fine now. I forgot to update some things after the upgrade few days ago ;)

Adventure
03-31-2007, 12:30:32
I just run a few tests and it indeed works perfectly now. :D Thank you very much again, GamersHood. :)

SoarHighBeFree
10-24-2007, 03:35:16
I would love a word game category. I love those games and there are a ton of them out there..but then again that is just me:)

Thanks guys!!

Mistery
11-11-2007, 08:39:56
Hi SoarHighBeFree,
Thanks for your suggestion :)
A new category Word Games has been added to gamershood.com (along with the new category Strategy Games), however it will take some time to move all relevant games there, and to do the necessary modifications on the forum :)

gh1
12-01-2008, 01:45:16
The new subforums subthreads (w/e you would call them)

they have been broken down into different categories which i think could be good if you click on one you won't have to go back 10 or more pages to see what Forum Games have available. but anyway i guess this is just an opinion instead of Feedback... can be both lol i'm feeding back my thoughts :S

i've only posted a few times since it changed just because i haven't been around or not in the posting mood, but anyway i'm going to prob try it now and give it a go and tally ho......

Mistery
12-01-2008, 01:57:47
Thanks for your feedback gh1 :)

We had the feeling that it has become difficult to keep an overview over all the forum games. We hope that with splitting them up into different categories, it will be easier. But we also know that it takes some time to get used to such changes :)

We are also planning to split up some other subforums with numerous threads for the same reason very soon :)

(Btw, you can read our announcement here :) http://gamershood.com/forum/announcement.php?f=35)

funja
12-01-2008, 02:04:44
yes the splitting was a good idea im able to do things alot faster but i still have problems finding somethings i guess it is because i beleive they should be under a different catagory but that isnt really my choice now is it lol (but other than like three things the things are much easier to use great updates and changes)

Heartofthedark
04-25-2009, 22:50:04
I'd just like to express my concern with the new general chat subforums, Sure doing it with the games was great but with this general chat thing I can't find ANYTHING! It makes it look so messy and I just have issues finding what I want and it makes me so frusterated :mad:, good work with the forum games though:)

Mistery
04-26-2009, 00:39:18
Hi Heart, I can imagine your frustration. Every time there are bigger changes on the forums, everyone needs to get used to them - not only members but also mods.

The reason why the chat section has been re-organized is that there were many pages of threads, and usually the first 2 pages caught attention, and others were neglected.
The systematic has been made as logical as possible, and the categories make sense. The categories are meant to help find topics better, but of course for long-time members it's a huge change, and also a challenge to orientate themselves until they get used to it.

Now:
What would help you to find threads better?
Would it help to have a sort of "Table of Contents" of all subcategories and threads in them at the top of the Chat Section?

Heartofthedark
04-26-2009, 00:56:20
I get why they were organized as some threads were dieing out and such, but perhaps you could merge some as the catergories are pretty much useless with only a few threads each,

The Welcome & Bye, and Holiday & Celebrations I think are fine to keep apart as it makes sense, I found the Chat and About members subforums are also okay, everything else though has so little threads in it I think it would be better merged under one subforum, (Maybe even titled 'Everything Else')

I don't really think there's much to do for the finding as the search feature is pretty simple to use I just prefer it when there's three or four pages of threads in a subforum, that way I can easily flip the page to check if the thread I wanted is there :)

Mistery
04-26-2009, 01:05:41
I see :)
Well, you are right that currently some subforums have only a few threads, but since this is a continually growing forum, we expect to have more and more chat threads, too.
And to re-organize them at a later time when we have 50-100 more chat threads, would have been just an even bigger work. If we had left now "everything else", then we'd have to subdivide it maybe in 6-12 months, causing another wave of frustrated loss of orientation.
And having many pages with threads, was messy, and would have grown even more messy over time. :S
This is why we have thought it would be better to bring it all behind us at once.

If you can think of any help for better orientation, don't hesitate to post about your ideas, so that we can check them :)

Heartofthedark
04-26-2009, 01:10:53
Ah I get your point :hmm: Well thanks for considering it :S, it probably won't take long to get familliar with the system anyways :)

Mistery
04-26-2009, 01:16:38
I'm really sorry for your frustration Heart :(
I know that getting used to the new structure isn't easy - for me neither btw, but I still strongly believe that it was necessary.
I hope that you and everyone else will get used to it quickly :) :hug2:

And as I said, if there is anything we can do to make the transition phase easier, we'd be happy to know about it :)

OscarW
07-25-2010, 21:11:48
I'm having problems logging off. Log out twice and i'm still logged in.

Logged off once more after this message to no avail.

Mistery
07-25-2010, 21:38:48
Thanks, going to test it.

If you need to log out, clear your cookies, that should log you out. :) As a temporary solution.

EDIT
I've just checked and I can log out.

Please clear your cookies.
Then if you get logged out, try to log in and out. Let us know if the problem remains :)

OscarW
07-25-2010, 22:00:29
That did the trick, oh thank you, oh alien one.

Mistery
07-25-2010, 22:02:09
Glad to hear that the issue is resolved Oscar :)

You're most welcome :)

Kahnescanuck
11-25-2010, 17:03:06
I have a little suggestion, not sure if it is possible or not. How about some sort of icon that users can mark threads with as read (i.e. I just played a game and would like to mark it as played) so absent minded people like me can tell if they already played a game or not. I see there is an icon there for if you posted in a thread, I`d personally rather not post in every single game I play so I can see the different colored icon to know what game I already played. Does this make any sense lol? If there is a way to already do this please educate me! Thanks so much! By the way, I love the new look of the forums, well done.

RBS
11-25-2010, 17:46:11
Thanks and that's a great idea. Especially for folks who might not be able to visit reguarly but are loyal when they get online access.

Kahnescanuck
11-25-2010, 18:11:28
Thanks RBS! I am back, so much to do and see here yaaaay! That little suggestion would be fabulous though :)

Kahnescanuck
02-19-2012, 02:24:30
I have a little suggestion, not sure if it is possible or not. How about some sort of icon that users can mark threads with as read (i.e. I just played a game and would like to mark it as played) so absent minded people like me can tell if they already played a game or not. I see there is an icon there for if you posted in a thread, I`d personally rather not post in every single game I play so I can see the different colored icon to know what game I already played. Does this make any sense lol? If there is a way to already do this please educate me! Thanks so much! By the way, I love the new look of the forums, well done.

Any thoughts on this possibility? Noticed I said some sort of icon to mark threads as read but I meant an icon to show games already played in the original post. Thanks!

tipper75
02-19-2012, 02:45:19
I see what you mean, I use "New Posts" often, and if a there is a new post in a thread that is unread, that thread will be in bold. But in the general forum they are not. If is an option, it would be a vBulletin feature we would have to unlock. And, I am also thinking that it would need to be a personal option. I will put your idea to the Mod's, and see if anyone has ideas:)

Kahnescanuck
02-19-2012, 19:19:48
Thanks Tipper, that would be fabulous!

Adventure
02-29-2012, 22:14:15
Hi Kahnescanuck, just a quick update. We looked around on the vBulletin forums and organization to see if there was any add-on or hack that would allow members to individual mark threads, but we couldn't find any. We are busy with an alternative option and however it looked good at first sight it isn't perfect.

What we did is switching to a different kind of thread marking. At first it was cookie based and as soon as you logged out or timed out all threads were automatically marked as being read. With this new thread marking threads won't be marked read until you actually looked at the thread. This looked ideal only when you looked at a game thread but hadn't played the game yet is would be marked read and you still can't see accurately what games you played or not. What we would suggest in these cases to subscribe to these game threads so you will have a list of threads with games you still want to play. That way your list of subscribed threads and the threads that are marked unread will be an accurate overview of games you haven't played.
And now comes the but.. it appears that the tab What's New only shows the latest 150 threads you haven't viewed yet. We are not sure if we can increase this amount or set it to indefinitely. It also seems that threads with their latest post being older than 7 days are automatically marked read. We are going to look into these issues this weekend but we can't guarantee that we find solutions and even when we find solutions it could take some time to implement it. Nevertheless we are going to do our best and will give you an update next Monday at latest. :)

P.S. If you want to see a list of ALL the new threads and ALL the threads with new posts, ALSO the ones you already looked at, then use the option Active Topics in the menu bar (on top of the page, just below the banner). Because since a few days What's New only shows the threads with posts that are personally new to you.

OscarW
01-31-2015, 20:31:35
Yesterday I submitted a thread and it disappeared
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:PYINfrtgdUEJ:www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php%3F53411-Car-Washing-Part-Time-Job-Escape+&cd=1&hl=nl&ct=clnk&gl=nl
Thanks to Google you can see for yourself but I can't find it anymore.

Kzin
02-01-2015, 11:12:02
Hi OscarW,

the thread was already here (http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?53412-Car-wash-of-part-time-job)

So the repost was removed.

:cattail:

OscarW
02-01-2015, 12:23:03
Hi OscarW,

the thread was already here (http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?53412-Car-wash-of-part-time-job)

So the repost was removed.

:cattail:

No it wasn't , I was first by 11 minutes look at the thread number mine was 53411 and OB's was 53412.

Kzin
02-01-2015, 12:35:14
Okay will look into it:cattail:

Seems there was a glitch. If you make a new thread I will remove Old Bikers and copy the post to your thread.:cattail:

OscarW
02-03-2015, 12:54:39
Okay will look into it:cattail:

Seems there was a glitch. If you make a new thread I will remove Old Bikers and copy the post to your thread.:cattail:

Thank you Kzin, i made a new thread.
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?53456-Car-Washing-Part-Time-Job-Escape&p=1174041#post1174041
I'm glad this has been resolved

cmulder
07-31-2015, 08:17:38
I'm new to this, but how long does it take for a post to get approved?

I wish there was some way to view a post pending for moderator approval. I just did my first post not too long ago and it feels like it's gone. However, it did say pending approval. Is there someway to view my post that I don't know of? Thanks!

Kzin
07-31-2015, 08:34:28
Hi, there is no way for you to view it. It is currently awaiting approval. :cattail: