PDA

View Full Version : Episode 2

Adventure
11-15-2006, 03:47:13
Japanese Room Escape Game:

http://www.doodoo.ru/modules.php?op=modload&name=FlashGames&file=index&do=showpic&pid=1624&orderby=dateD

kyle6baseball
11-15-2006, 04:00:19
Ive started but ive only beat one puzzle the rest is to hard to understand

lili
11-15-2006, 04:41:04
I've finished this in "Easy" one, not "Professional" yet:P

kyle6baseball
11-15-2006, 04:51:00
what do u do with the chess pieces ive got 3 of um\

YAY i finally got it :D

lili
11-15-2006, 06:03:33
kyle, You mean you finished the Easy level?? If so, tell me if you could play that chess thingy without knowing that rule. There was a playing manual of it you should've found as an item.

Sammie C
11-15-2006, 06:16:31
I've got
3 chess pieces, a key, a box of weights, blue and green (dragons?) items that I've put on the tables by scales, 3 books, letter, paper and ink, 2 letters with envelopes and 10 empty spaces.
And not a clue what I've got to do next!
I'm either missing something very important or I'm stoopid! lol
Can't do the chessboard. I think I'm missing some vital pieces for that!

lili
11-15-2006, 06:25:52
Sammie, Did you ..?
use the weights to the scales? Make both side balanced

And you're not stupid at all;) You need to understand the rule of that chess thingy.

And if you're stuck and feel like quiting the game for a while, go to the typewriter on the table and click it. You can save the data when you click double circle you see at bottom.:D

Sammie C
11-15-2006, 06:42:57
Thank you lili. :)
Yes I did that thing that you mentioned in your spoiler.
Thanks for the tip on saving the game too.

lili
11-15-2006, 06:47:01
Sammie, Then you have to do that chess now... It was really difficult for me, I cheated ...:shy:

Sammie C
11-15-2006, 06:58:35
How did you cheat?? lol

lili
11-15-2006, 07:07:00
Sammie,
:shy: You see, I'm japanese... I saw the japanese game site that had walkthrough for Easy level...:$ Do you want to know how to play the chess thingy, or you wanna know the answer for that?:)

Sammie C
11-15-2006, 07:14:55
Which ever is easier for you to explain would be great.
Thanks lili :)

lili
11-15-2006, 07:20:08
Okay, I need to spend many hours to get ready to explain the rules, so I'll simply pm you the answer.:) Give me a little while, Sammie;)

Sammie C
11-15-2006, 07:22:34
ok thank you very much lili :)
You're a star!

lili
11-15-2006, 07:43:15
Okay PM was sent to you Sammie.:D

Sammie C
11-15-2006, 08:12:34
Thank you so much lili! :D
I still don't understand that chess game! lol
But your directions helped me through it!
I'm out now and your help was much appreciated, so thanks again.

lili
11-15-2006, 08:35:10
No problem Sammie;) I hope you gonna try "Professional" level next, it IS difficult though...:P (I don't have any walkthrough for that level:))

ThemePark
11-15-2006, 19:36:10
Okay, I'm stuck on the second part of the wheel, I figured out the first part, but I have no idea of what to do with the second part :S

lili
11-15-2006, 19:43:45
Theme, I'm with you at the same spot.:( The first part for the wheel is okay, but the second part...:sad: I couldn't find any note that told us what to do to the wheel thingy... What did you find so far?

ThemePark
11-15-2006, 19:46:25
Okay, if you can't figure it out, and you can actually read what all the books and notes are saying, then we're screwed :( I tried the same pattern as for the first part, and also tried somehow doing it by order of the numbers, but it hasn't worked so far.

I have 2 chess pieces, what I would call bishops, the weights or whatever they're called, the green stone demon, 3 books, a letter in English, some paper and ink, and 3 letters.

Oh and a key too.

lili
11-15-2006, 20:03:42
Oh boy, you're ahead of me.:) I found so far (from the top left to right in inventory box)
2 chess pieces, a old key, the weights, 3 books (which is the manual for the game, the manual for the chess and the book about the history of that chess, a letter in English, some paper and ink, and 3 letter (two of them are about the hint for the code for the lock, and the other is about the electronic fuse

I found a note for the wheel thingy in the Easy level, but I can't find it now.:(

Btw, how did you get green stone demon?

ThemePark
11-15-2006, 20:06:06
Ah, thanks I had overlooked the code for the lock :D

For the green stone demon:
You need to balance the weight once again, but this time you also need to put the key on the weight, and it's quite heavy.
Okay, obviously the code isn't as obvious as that :S

Yep, still stuck :(

lili
11-15-2006, 20:49:46
See I told you I need your help to go through this level.:)

Now I gotta do some translation.
In the inventory box ,the letter in the 3rd row very right square
is a letter form previous manager, Marcus, of this room. This says you/he, Alexandro, (I mean the main character of this game, which is you) gotta chage the combination of the code when you start using that desk

and the letter in the 4th row 2nd column from left
is a letter from Alex to Marcus. Alex wrote about the code "7132", this was just his guess since Marcus had told him the code had something to do with the chess thingy. (There's a name for that chess, but I can't spell:() And also says like "Talking about the chess, I've heard that the pieces and the board had been found in the old castle, these were supposed to be made about 340 years ago."

the letter in the 4th row, 3rd column from left
is the second letter from Alex to Marcus. Alex wrote that Marcus rememberd the right code and mentioned about it. "It was kind of hard to get that code. The first 2 digits were very close. But the other 2 were.. hard to say anything, I couldn't guessed them in that way. (means very different.) But these were well sorted anyway." ... And something about the chess game they had the other day

The book in the 3rd row, very left column is a manual of this game

The book in the 3rd row, 2nd column from left is a manual of chess-like game.

The book in the 3rd row, 3rd column from left is a report made by Marcus about his research.
1/8
Report of Marcus’s research.
2/8
I’m going to note all data from my research.
3/8
They have common language.
But it seems their linguistic level is not high enough.

They have some words for the directions and some nouns.
<< symbols for LEFT and RIGHT>>
4/8
They have knowledge of numbers and they know how to count.

<< symbols for 0 to 10>>

They seem to use the quinary, base-5 system.
5/8
Unfortunately, we found out that only a few of them could speak.

So we asked technological ward to make special fetters to make our research carried out without a hitch.
6/8
To unlock the fetter is very simple, just buttons and lights.
This is enough to measure their intelligence quotient.
7/8
Test is quite simple.
It’s not to see if they understand the words “right” and “left”, rather to see if they understand how to turn on and off the lights and its system.
They will learn to know they can take the fetter off if they light all lights on.
8/8
So far, only 2 of them have passed the test and took it off.
We are going to observe how they develop their intelligence by giving them education.

The book in the 3red row, 4th column from left is about history of chess-like game.
I just pick up numbers now.
page 3/22: the origine of this game was made about 400 years ago.

4/22: at that time, the chess board has 7x7 squares and with a completely square shape. The tower of babel (this is one of the pieces in this chess thingy) originate from the castle the previous king had built, actually only 3 castel existed. (there're 4 pieces of the babel in the chess thingy)

8/22 later, the rule has changed according to the increase of the pieces. The board as well has changed from 7x7 to 9x9 square but with the shape like a hourglass.

There're more to translate, but I will edit here later...:P

ThemePark
11-15-2006, 20:57:21
Hmmm...so the code is the year that the castle was made in? ;)

lili
11-15-2006, 21:00:02
mhhh. :thk: It may be... But there is a book about the history of the chess thingy and another letter I haven't translated yet.:P

dave
11-15-2006, 21:54:12
The clock looking thing with the chain on the back of it is interesting. click the right button to move 3 clockwise steps. Left button moves 4 counter-clockwise steps. Each moves turns the spot on (or off if its already on). I guess you need to get them all on and I can't figure out the pattern.

BTW, I've always enjoyed you're comments and decided to register to add to the confusion! WOOT11!!!eleventylol

Oops.

I was right about the clock thing. You hit the top button to get it started. Then go around turning on the lights. I got all the lights lit. Unfortunately, you have to do this twice, the second time in reverse-so you need to remember the pattern and do it in reverse...i forgot of course.

/it's hard to make sense with these posts, isn't it?

lili
11-15-2006, 22:52:29
Uhmm:thk: dave should be playing "Professional" level and got the wheel thingy??:?

Theme, do you know how to save the data, btw??:)

ThemePark
11-15-2006, 22:53:44
It seems so. But I tried that reverse thing, and it doesn't work, because the directions the light moves is still the same on the second part :S So I don't see how you can reverse the pattern.

Yes, I read your hint to Sammie about the typewriter :)

And I just saw your edit about the third letter, hmm :hmm:

Hmm, lili on page 3 of the first letter from Alex to Mark, it says 5AE in the middle of the text. What does it say in that part of the letter?

lili
11-15-2006, 23:07:26
I think we have to open the 2nd drawer of the desk first.:) I hope to see there's a note to solve a wheel thingy in there.:)

And I can get a hint from japanese site if you want, I haven't found any walkthrough for professional level though still I can get a hint. But as long as you say you wanna solve this level on your own, I will not cheat;)

ThemePark
11-15-2006, 23:09:07
There is, lili, I remember from the little I played of the Easy level that it contained a small book with the symbols that are on the wheel and their corresponding numbers :)

Well I do think it's more fun to solve this one without cheating :P Plus if we work together, we'll crack this game in a matter of hours :D We're a great team, remember? :P

I noticed that the 5AE also appears in the second letter, so I figure it has to do with their chess game instead. So somehow we have to figure out the code for the lock :S

lili
11-15-2006, 23:14:52
Yes, Well gotta see the books about chess thingy if there's any information for the code.:) Do you think you need details for the rule for playing chess or the backgrounds of the chess?? Or just need to pick up numbers and its explanation?

Edit:
5AE is a name of the paper/file of the data that Ales couldn't find.

ThemePark
11-15-2006, 23:16:36
I'd rather figure the rules out myself when I get to the chess game, I'm used to normal chess so I'd like to give it a try :)

And if the books don't give you anything, go ahead and find that hint, I don't really have a clue about the code anyway :P

Raven_Night
11-15-2006, 23:20:19
How do you get the key out of the weird circle thingy? Like what arrows to I click to open the little cage thingy?

Dmike92
11-15-2006, 23:22:08
Know what to do with the wheel in easy mode ? Just go from 1 to 11 and 0 is 10 ?
Completely stuck there !
ne help welcome :-)

lili
11-15-2006, 23:22:14
Raven, do you play Easy level or professional level?

Dmike for easy level
light all lights

Raven_Night
11-15-2006, 23:23:53
Raven, do you play Easy level or professional level?

Easy

Dmike92
11-15-2006, 23:26:35
Dmike for easy level
light all lights

Thanks Lili but in easy mode only one light lit at a time ... ????

lili
11-15-2006, 23:26:59
Raven See my post above;)

Theme, in the inventory box 3rd row from top and 2nd column from left is the manual for the chess. Can you figure out any without my help??:?

Raven_Night
11-15-2006, 23:30:02
Raven See my post above;)

Well I know that you have to light all the lights up, but do you remember which buttons I have to click to get them all lit up?

ThemePark
11-15-2006, 23:31:41
I can try lili, but I'm not concerned with the chess game right now, since I'm missing a chess piece and only concerned about the lock :P

Dmike92
11-15-2006, 23:32:25
Well I know that you have to light all the lights up, but do you remember which buttons I have to click to get them all lit up?

Hi Raven, the above post from Lili was asking if you were playing easy mode or not (I'm interested too :-)

lili
11-15-2006, 23:32:45
Dimke, yes only one light lit at a time. But you'll see the difference how it light if you hit left and right button.;)

Theme, give me a time to read the book;)

Raven, yes I remember how to light all.:) There're two ways.

ThemePark
11-15-2006, 23:37:48
I'm not in a hurry lili :P Take your time :hug2:

Dmike92
11-15-2006, 23:43:17
Dimke, yes only one light lit at a time. But you'll see the difference how it light if you hit left and right button.;)

Ah... I can see now a very weak lignt ! Thank you !

Raven_Night
11-15-2006, 23:45:57
Raven, yes I remember how to light all.:) There're two ways.

Would you mind PMing me the answer?

lili
11-16-2006, 00:07:40
Raven, sorry about my delay. PM was sent.:)

Dmike, you're welcome;) good luck!

eLeMeNOhPeaQ
11-16-2006, 01:12:43
Wow, I have no idea what I'm doing.
I'm playing EASY, and so far I have managed to figure out the Wheel Symbol and got a key.
I also figured out the correct placement for pieces to balance the scale, and got a Gargoyle.

This is what I have so far in my inventory, from left to right, top to bottom:

White King | White Queen | Black Queen | empty | Key | Measure Again
empty | Blue Gargoyle | Emerald Gargoyle | empty | empty | empty
Episode 2 Book | Chess Book | Wheel Book | empty | empty | English Note
Ink & Paper | empty | 5AE Note | Note with Diagram | empty | empty

The Gargoyles can be placed in the holes on the pillars, standing next to the Scale. So far, my first one is empty, the blue gargoyle is on the 2nd pillar and the emerald gargoyle is on the 3rd pillar.

Now I have no idea what to do. I can't figure out the Chess puzzle. It looks like there's another puzzle next to the door. The EASY version is hard! Especially since I can't read Japanese.

Okay...now I feel dumb! I found a round handle on the gate that lifts in front of the Wheel Symbol puzzle, which gets connected to the door. Click on it, and you're out!

I finished the EASY version in 01:03:44 Rank C (whatever that means).
I'm going to try and figure out the other puzzles in Professional.

I figured out the Wheel Symbol puzzle in Professional.
First, turn it on. Click left button once. Then click right button three times. Click left button once. Click right button three times. Click left button once. Click right button three times. All of the markings lit up, and turned red. The first grill holding the key lifted. I repeated the above in reverse order when I clicked the buttons, turning them blue. And then again to turn them clear again. The second grill lifted up, and I got the key.

This key unlocks the bottom desk drawer, which gives you the blue colored gargoyle. Use the gargoyle on the pillars (middle one).

Melissabee84
11-16-2006, 04:34:23
Ive gotten some chess pieces, two gargoles, notes that I cant even begin to dechiper.....and I am lost/stuck!!

::edit:: Umm. so I got out of the room w/o even playing the chess game....

Sadetta
11-16-2006, 12:29:44
Someone, the wheel in easy? Its driving me nuts....

ender
11-16-2006, 13:20:52
I've a problem with the wheel on pro level cos I turn the lights in red and the first 'door' openned now Iturned all the lights in blue and nothing happened with the second 'door' to have the key what do you have to do more

sorry got it!

if there is someone in the place, a little help for pro game : can't find the code for the draw ...

you had to make the balance twice to have the green dragon

varnenas
11-16-2006, 14:23:15
I know the code of the draw.. :)

ender
11-16-2006, 14:27:39
you're very strong!!!! little hint for me please

varnenas
11-16-2006, 14:32:19
Ender: PM was sent. :)

but I don't know how to play chess :(

ender
11-16-2006, 14:37:30
Ender: PM was sent. :)
thank's so!!!!:laughSMILE: send a PM too to understand I 'll try the code and see what happened.oulala chess is not my speciality!!!!My husband is strong but not at home!!!!I'll try but very difficult for me!! I think we had to put the black king mate...

varnenas
11-16-2006, 15:07:00
there is one more thing that I cant reach it. Above the books that are near the switch.

ender
11-16-2006, 15:11:48
the books near the wheel? I only find a paper I think( can't remember)
did you do something with the fuse?

varnenas
11-16-2006, 15:42:33
no i didn't but above the books cursor changes into hand(finger)

ender
11-16-2006, 15:54:10
no i didn't but above the books cursor changes into hand(finger)
ok I see what you say but can't do anything with that .I think it was about the metallic curtain (I don't know how sy that in english)
did you do something with the typewritter?

varnenas
11-16-2006, 16:08:03
See the post #7 :)

ender
11-16-2006, 16:15:50
See the post #7 :)
ok for the typewritter!!!
did you find the third dragon?
and an other thing :I find two keys I use one to openning the draw and the other one did we use it ?or it was only for the scale

WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAOUUUUUUU i got it
king: 9th line 5 column(vertical)
bishop 7 line 4 column
bishop 3 line 6 column

got the third dragoon, the new fuse and a book who talk about adamas( diamonds in latin) and 3 diamonds that we can use on the last game but not find the way at this time

mindfreaker
11-16-2006, 22:34:24
Ok need someone to pm me with solution to balance and to the wheel. I am on easy. nm. figured out balance. just need help with wheel. forget it. I'm out! yea!!!!

Bassoon
11-17-2006, 01:01:07
Can someone give me a hint for the lock code?

Thanks!

ender
11-17-2006, 10:01:05
you had to place only two gems 4th line 7th column and 7th line and 4th column(vertical) then push the arrow then you have some lazers ...

ThemePark
11-17-2006, 16:36:40
Just how does that wheel work? :S I did the first part and turned the lights red.

But then what? Are you supposed to start from where you are now, the light at 3 o'clock, or zoom back out, then click the wheel again so you instead start at 12 o'clock.

And aren't you supposed to go 3 right, 1 left, 3 right, 1 left, 3 right, 1 left when you turn the lights blue and then grey?

lili
11-17-2006, 16:44:06
Theme, what I got from other site..

For wheel
Keep turn on and turn off the lights (reverse way, it said)

For the code for the lock
something to do with the board

But I still can't figure it out..:$ We can try from 0000 to 9999 though...:P

ThemePark
11-17-2006, 16:57:07
What do you mean keep turning on and off? :? The wheel, or the lights? :?

lili
11-17-2006, 17:10:02
The lights, I suppose...:P I couldn't get the key out yet...:$
You have all the light with red color now, right? And if you do same thing again the lights change into blue color, and again if you do you see you turn off the light.:)

Okay I edit my post above.;)

ThemePark
11-17-2006, 17:28:24
Well, yes but either I do turn off all the lights and nothing happens but I don't do it in reverse order, or I do it in reverse order and all but one light gets turned off :?

Bassoon
11-17-2006, 17:32:43
There is a trick to this:

You have to go in reverse direction each time. If you did left 1, right 3 to turn them all pink and open the first gate, then you need to go right 1, left 2 to turn them all blue, then left 1, right 3 to turn them back to clear. You have to alternate.

lili
11-17-2006, 18:15:37
I still can't get the key out... in pro mood...:sad:

Okay I finally got it out
You don't have to reverse each time. Keep changing all lingts into blue and gray, again blue and gray again and again. I had to have one blue light left and others all gray. The last light changed into gray will be different according the time. ex, when I hit the last button to change the blue light into gray with one blue light left, it was 2:18, and the light changed its color was the one of "4" or 20 mins on the usual clock we have. but I'm not sure if it's correct:?

Now I'm on to solve the code.

edit: got it but couldn't find any relations with the chess thingy...:thk:

ThemePark
11-17-2006, 19:59:35
There is a trick to this:

You have to go in reverse direction each time. If you did left 1, right 3 to turn them all pink and open the first gate, then you need to go right 1, left 2 to turn them all blue, then left 1, right 3 to turn them back to clear. You have to alternate.

I don't get it :sad: I am doing this exactly that way. I start the wheel, and the light is at 12 o'clock. I then go 1L, 3R, 1L, 3R, 1L, 3R. The light is at 3 o'clock now, the buttons are all red, and the first bars are removed. So far, no problem.

Then while the light is still at 3 o'clock, I do the opposite, as you said. 1R, 2L, 1R, 2L, 1R, 2L, 1R, 2L. Now all the buttons are blue and the light is at 7 o'clock. So now I do the first part again, 1L, 3R, 1L, 3R, 1L, 3R. Now all the buttons are grey once again, and the light is at 10 o'clock. But nothing happens, the bars don't move :(

lili, give me a hint for the code, please :D

WOW! :o I did it! :D I don't know if it was coincidental or what but I did it the other way around instead, first starting with the 1 right, 2 left pattern, then the 1 left, 3 right pattern, and finally the 1 right, 2 left pattern. However when the light got to 3 o'clock, the bars opened, even though the button at 11 o'clock was still blue.

lili
11-17-2006, 20:22:36
hmmm.:thk: do you think the lights relate to the time??

Well do you remember the hint for the code was mentioned in the letter. And Alex guessed the code was 7128 and first 2 digits "71" was close. (I got to know the meaning "close" now. he used "close" to say the way he guessed was right) and "71" means
the number of the square/division on the board

And the first 2 digits you need to have is
number of the white square/division on the board

But the last 2 digits, I did from 00 to 99..:P so don't know how to give you clue.

tankster
11-18-2006, 01:26:54
I'm soooo not getting the code :'(

lili
11-18-2006, 02:00:28
tankster,

Have you found the first 2 digits??:?

tankster
11-18-2006, 14:50:16
tankster,

Have you found the first 2 digits??:?

nope..

flyer30
11-18-2006, 15:23:08
this wheel-thingy is making me crazy...
i am playing easy mode... can someone tell me how to get all lights light???

tankster
11-18-2006, 15:29:57
keep clicking 1 left 3 right until all lights are lit.

flyer30
11-18-2006, 15:32:13
great tankster - thank u very much!!!!

ok... now i read each post about the wheel in pro mode about 1000 times and tried everything
when all rights are red, i tried to start with 1 right, 2 left... then all lights were blue, i went on with 1 left, 3 right... then all lights were out..
but nothing happens... :-((

please help again someone...

tankster
11-18-2006, 17:04:29
It has something to do with the time on your pc. Just keep turning the lights on and off. Eventually you will get it open..
Just have to be patient ;)

flyer30
11-18-2006, 17:11:09
lol - thx
i will try it

beglebite
11-20-2006, 09:18:29
im stuck at the code thingie on the desk, someone help, oh yeah and im in professional mode

ender
11-20-2006, 09:42:13

beglebite
11-20-2006, 09:45:08

its not working

ender
11-20-2006, 09:53:15
its not working
it' s working if you begin from up to down

beglebite
11-20-2006, 09:58:49
sweet got it

Sadetta
11-21-2006, 19:25:44
Need some help with the chess?

Never mind, opend it.

:mad: So stuck with the diamonds.......in pro.

Roomscaper
04-28-2007, 17:59:26
I'm on the easy version and i'm having a lot of trouble with the chess. I need help....:mad:

Never mind. I just got it.