PDA

View Full Version : Renaissance Kingdoms

shorty
11-22-2006, 14:49:16
A free online RPG (requires registration)

Milk your cow at sunrise, deal wheat bags at tea-time, overthrow the count in the evening. Spend the night drunk in the gutter. A pleasant and quiet day
in the Renaissance Kingdoms...

http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/

ang-RK
11-26-2006, 17:54:08
I plays this RenaissanceKingdoms from May06.
And keep playing since...

I got many friends here.
I learn how to deal with people here..as my training for real life.. hahaa..
I improve my english here.

Its a community game.
Its a full-thinking brain.
Its an creative and initiative game.

You will love it.
Just try and play for sometimes...
involved in the forum and in-game activities...and you will have a great community here.

cheers
ang
(Canterbury of Sussex of England of RenaissanceKingdoms.com)

leanasidhe
11-27-2006, 06:49:28
I've been playing RK since the beginning of March. It has quickly become my favorite online game.

Why?

It's free, it only takes a couple of minutes a day to actually play, and the forums allow us to be as creative as we wish with our roleplay. We tell all of the new players to join the forums, and that's the real driving force behind the game. The roleplay that we do over there, combined with the ingame activities, makes you feel like you're really living in the renaissance years. Players can become a noble, run for political office, study in the university, go to church, work, go to war...the possibilities are endless.

The game is now available in French, English, Spanish, and German, and is quickly growing. The amount of players and towns have dramatically increased since I started.

I've met many wonderful people playing the game and the friendships that I've made have truly enriched my life. *waves to Ang*

Leanasidhe
Canterbury, Sussex

Tormann
11-29-2006, 03:18:08
This game has everything you could want in a game. It starts you out as a lowly peasant and slowly builds you up into a wealthy landowner with political influences and multiple role playing scenerio's.

Build new friendships, feed your cows, sell milk on the market, prepare yourself for war, and eat your food.

Now, onto day number 2.....

digitaldragon
11-29-2006, 11:55:37
im thinking about joining

BioJess
12-01-2006, 06:33:03
I didn't care for this one. I tried to get into the swing of things, but as other players kept telling me what to do to "play," all I could think was, "But what's the point of the game?"

Also, it's so riddled with ads. I found myself clicking on what I thought was in-game content, only to be re-directed to some ad. Something along the lines of, "Click here for more reputation points," only to be let to a screen to sign up for some subscription. Every time I'd try to earn points legitimately, such as earning reputation points in the church, I'd press the button, and nothing would happen. It would reload the same page, with no confirmation whatsoever. Even the next day, none of my point values would change.

Overall, I feel like this game is too commercialized and complicated to get the hang of for a new user. If I wanted to do roleplaying in a forum I'd find a roleplaying forum, not a game posing as an RPG, with the only actual roleplaying happening at the user's descretion if he or she wants to post on the message boards.

Arcanum
12-06-2006, 02:37:55
One of the worst games in my opinion. You begin like a simple peasant and basically 95% of players will be for the rest of their life here only simple peasants. Your fun will be only to feed your character and find a job everyday.
Comunity? I don't think so. There are well organized bands who already have the power and you have no chance to fight against them. Yes, you can praise some incompetents who have the luck to begin the game before you and hope to enter in their favor, that is the only way to advance in this "friendly" comunity. Other way, you can be even hang without any reason.
This game have so high stats only because game developers beg players to vote for they in game forum.

http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=16393
http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=16394
http://forum.royaumesrenaissants.com/viewtopic.php?t=190317
and there are many others links like this.

Trect
12-06-2006, 15:49:26
Howdo. RK is an amazing game. Full of activity and fun, and so simple and complex all at the same time.

Friendships are forged and enemies are made, all with in the space of a few posts.

My character is/was embroiled in a war with the Regent of England. Although this was ruined by a select number of people.

Referring to the post above:

Arcanum, aka Arcanus, was basically run out of the town of Canterbury because of his foul and abusive behaviour. He created multiple accounts and posted disgusting comments regarding any citizen who said a word against Arcanus.

He then proceeded to create a 'news' site where he slagged off the people who went against him again.

He then, yes theres more, signed the Mayor of Canterbury up for a MSN Messenger dating service. The Mayor found it hard to remove the thing, and his girlfriend happened to be right next to him when it popped up.

He was jailed and fined IG multiple times for his behaviour, but he neither listened nor cared. He just carried on.

If you want to see this game for what it is, sign up. It takes a few minutes. View the forums, play the game for a few days.

One thing you should not do is take the advice of an abusive player who disliked the consequences of his actions.

:D

Arcanum
12-06-2006, 16:07:09
Yes, exactly that is RK. If you want to talk with people like Trect this is the game for you :)

leanasidhe
12-07-2006, 01:56:21
*sighs*

Trect has done a lot more for the country and the county of Sussex than you ever have, Arcanus. True, he has a lot of enemies and people that do not like him, but he never stooped to the immature level that you did.

You know, I actually liked you before you started attacking everyone. I even defended you to people. Then I got attacked by your forum clones. You lost all of my respect once you had to start using forum clones to attack people.

ang-RK
12-07-2006, 04:48:44
See... this game is very interesting.... :D
hehehehe...

so many different character of people... its so great...
just be yourself here, do something and perceive it as a real life experience without experiencing the real harm/hurt... accept if you let it affect your real life...

http://forum.renaissancekingdoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=25842

btw, i do still like you and admire you sometimes to some extend... but then ..sigh.. i dont know..you seems like so overwhelmed by all these.. and it just too much..
Be well, arc :)

Arcanum
12-07-2006, 07:43:36
First thing: I don't understand why you call me Arcanus. <<deleted by moderator>> You come with false accusations also here: so what? Here is no more a corrupted jugde to listen your lies. <<deleted by moderator>>

Mistery
12-07-2006, 13:26:43
<<A reminder: Please read the rules, especially points 3 and 4. Fights won't be tolerated by the staff of GamersHood Forums.
This thread is open for discussions about the game, and not for personal attacks.>>

Lostorpheus
02-23-2007, 20:45:23
I really enjoyed RK for months and happily paid to help it along. The problem is there is a clique that runs so much of the game that anyone who wants to move up or try to change things at all is shot down and pushed away. It's happening to me right now as this little group works to protect their friends.

I've noticed more and more people who have to deal with this clique are leaving the game. I've let my own donations lapse as I'm not sure if I can stay or not. I don't mind fighting an uphill battle, but with the current structure its more like fighting the ocean with sticks.

Unless the administrators of RK work to remove the absolute control players like Lynet have, I just can't recommend this game. It's fun for awhile, but when you run into these people, you end up feeling like you've wasted all your time, energy and money. What's the point in that?

Lostorpheus

Hitman
03-30-2007, 00:24:19
I thought this game was posted waaaaay before

Law keeper
03-31-2007, 07:22:03
so did I. I think it was.

Btw shut up, Arcanum. There's no need to take out your anger on Renaissance Kingdoms here. Do it on your pillow or something. Leave these boards to the MATURE people.

I might have figured it out. Someone accidently put the old forum on the new game. And when searching for the game, there are the same 2 games with 2 different forums. The other one has the introductory post and a post with a link to this page. And im pretty sure the other forum is locked.

Arcanum
04-05-2007, 15:22:57
Law keeper, do you want to say mature content? Because that seem to be your level ...
This game is stupid, is wrong build from begining. Maybe a correct name should be Mafia, it have nothing in common with Renaissance. The criminal organizations and official leaders are in most of cases the same; only here there is no second party, because any other groups are easy eliminated with invented trials. Play it, but you will be only a peasant or go and praise people like Trect who cannot play any other game with forum or chat without being banned ...

whatmeworry
04-11-2007, 01:22:00
Ok first the good. It's a great concept for a game, very different from any of the others out there. It isn't a hack and slash MMORPG if that is what you are looking for, instead you get to live in the world of medieval Europe starting off a simple peasant and working your way up as a landowner to a whole lot more. The maximum level in the game is just 3 which doesn't sound like a lot, but takes ages. The game can literally be played for 5 minutes a day, all you need to do is get a job and feed yourself. But the large part of the game is the interactions with others which brings me to the best feature of its game.. the community. Yes the same bunch of idiots arguing on this forum (I'm sorry idiots but I guess I'm one too). Jokes apart, the game interface itself doesn't have much for interacting with others, the taverns in each town (which allow you to chat with others and buy food/drinks) allow for only 8 people max. at a time. Which needless to say is limiting. Therefore a lot of the game takes place as RP in the forums.

This is one game where a large part of the game takes place within the forums.

Which leads me then to the bad about this game. Sadly the management of the site are well a bunch of #$%#|es. They have a great community of willing volunteers who devote time to help maintain the forums, but unfortunately this is not appreciated nor respected by the site's owners. They run rough shod over them and do as they please. Aside from that, the site is heavily into self promotion, I know most of these free games do that, but imagine getting mails in-game from the owners asking you to visit these sites to vote :P.

But here is the most disturbing bit of news that I have discovered about this site. There have been cases of some users of the forum preying on under-age children, of which there seem to be quite a few. Now most sites finding out about that kind of behavior or even remotely suspecting anything like that, would swiftly shutdown on any users doing this. But not this site. The site owner, not only has not kicked these few miscreants but has actually defended them! Asking for proof, which I think is valid, but on being given concrete proof (yes I've seen it myself) he has refused to act and turned a deaf ear to the pleas of many site admins.

Therefore if you are a child, or have children considering playing this game, I would recommend you think twice before you enter! You enter at your own risk..

In conclusion this might be a great game, if the current lot of owners made some serious changes and showed greater accountability to the community, and a lot more transparency... all of which it sadly lacks now.

Let the flames begin...

Savanna
04-18-2007, 10:19:09
I've played RK for several months now and have to admit, it is highly addictive. It wasn't at first, it took me a good few weeks to get into it. Everyone in my town was so friendly and helpful and within days I had met a lot of cool ppl. Then I joined the forum and made more friends and joined a family, which are a lot of fun.

As Lostorpheus pointed out, certain things do spoil the game, some ppl do have too much power and can dictate the game, eg who becomes Regent ect. It is way too cliquish, which makes it hard not only for newbies but for everyone who isn't in a clique to make something of their character.

Also ppl take it too seriously, and a lot of backstabbing goes on, ok it is a game.. but its real ppl behind the characters and feelings sometimes get hurt.

But, the good outweighs the bad. If you enjoy roleplaying, RK is the game for you. Ive met so many friends and I met my boyfriend in RK :))). This game is definatley worth a look, you can be a hardworking loyal member of your community or an evil tyrant, or both..lol.

PS. Trect! that made me giggle.. his poor girlfriend..lol.

@whatmeworry, There was never any evidence of that. I have been banned for 5 days for being part of a guild on RK that had "sexual content" you know how rowdy us girls can get..lol. Unfortunatley, some of my friends have been banned for good :( We did brake the rules, yes.. but so have other ppl and they have been given chance after chance. Why didn't the mods intervine at the time and gives us a warning? Anywho its done now, it just seems a bit harsh.

And when you say a site that was preying on underage kids.. have you seen any evidence of this? There seems to be a lot of talk about it, but no evidence?

goper0
04-21-2007, 09:04:56
This is one great game! I love it. I hope Bulgaria get more city's...

Jaseph
05-15-2007, 13:15:53
I have been playing for about a week. This game starts off slowly but as soon as you reach level 1, many more options open up, such as owning your own field which allows a 2nd stream of income.

This is not the sort of game where if u spend hours playing, you level faster. Basicly this is a game where your character and his resources grow slowly, one day at a time. You can spend lots of time in the taverns or on the forum, but the actual activity takes only 10-15 mins a day. Of course if you become a mayor of a town or become a member of one council or another, it will take more.

But if you are a gamer, and play multiple games, this is a great game for you. You can log in each day do your activity perhaps have a few rounds at the pub, and then go play another game. But if you are like me, you will find the people in your community will draw you into spending more time.

It's free, it takes just a bit of time each day, you will meet great people, and in time many new options and activities present themselves as you level up and become involved in your town.

You have nothing to lose since it's free, so why not give a whirl and see how you like it?

-Jaseph (who will become level 1 tomorrow and begin growing corn, and is joining a militia to protect his beloved town from rebels, brigands and the like)

http://www.renaissancekingdoms.com/EnregistrementKC.php?parrain=jaseph

Arcanum
06-01-2007, 15:37:02
lol finally this game was banned from important games top sites where get first position with votes from one single day. They brake multiple rules including the fact they begging players to vote for them anywhere: in game, in forum, even in your private messages. Yep, I jump for joy now!

Just let's take a look how a trial look in RK:

Last defence pleading
Your Honors,
I dont understand what these people are saying. I dont know any person named *, nor any other person present or named here. I didnt do anything wrong there so I dont know why I'm brough here.

You have to believe him, he is telling the truth. But if someone order a trial against him, he have no chance.

The defendant has been proved guilty of public disorder.
After reviewing the evidence of this and all other past crimes I find the defendant to be a threat to the public and a nuisance to the judicial system in general. The defense that he has provided is rediculous considering the evidence against him shows that he hasnt taken these charges seriously. Beings he has been convicted of this same crime SEVERAL times in the past I have no choice other than to severely punish his most recent act. I find the defendant guilty of public disorder and sentenced to 10 days in jail and a 1000 pound fine.....dismissed.

This show how much the game developers care about players. This game is just a source of money for they. What's happen inside doesn't matter. You may say it's free, but there are banners anywhere and also important features unlocked only with payment.

PrEtTy_pRiNcE$$
08-12-2007, 21:12:27
im thinking about joining

so am i but its not lettin me

LadyMandyMaidst
08-15-2007, 00:07:02
I'm new to RK but have been greeted warmly and do not find the challenge of becoming more than a simple peasant at all that difficult to obtain. It does require ones ability to make friends or simply be on cordial terms with others on the game just as one would have to in real life to advance. I hope to make many friends in RK and I'm pleased as pie to have found it!

leanasidhe
10-16-2007, 18:33:39
Wow. I forgot about this site.

I've been playing for about 20 months now. Things are changing and some of what was bad is gone.

Arcanum
10-23-2007, 12:54:27
Wow. I forgot about this site.

I've been playing for about 20 months now. Things are changing and some of what was bad is gone.

Really? You want to say that Levan (game administrator) who allowed public insults against my political group is gone? lol, I dont think so, he will be the last playing this game.

I found MANY other games more exciting than this outdated FORUM GAME.

leanasidhe
10-23-2007, 15:47:44
Arcanus, if you like slash and hack war games, then there are lots of other games out there. There is no other roleplaying game like Renaissance Kingdoms. Many games claim to be "roleplaying" but they're not -- they're all based on how many clicks you can do per day. RK isn't like that and never will be.

The game interface has changed and new code has been implemented. And, yes, a lot has changed on the forums, as well. A whole new crew of censors has been added and the site admin has been changed.

Arcanum
10-23-2007, 16:06:26
Oh yes! There are plenty of forums where you can pretend to be a personage in a fantasy world, like RK. The reason you didn't find them is that you searched for games.

amr_ali_medicin
01-29-2008, 13:03:04
renaissance kingdome is good game,with it taking you to old age of england,you come poor,no clothes,no job,then you level up gradually,find job ,get reputation&trust points,..etc

bachi
06-28-2008, 22:29:01
this is probably not the spot to post this but I'm new here and haven't looked around as much as I could have. I love the concept of Renaissance Kingdoms but dislike the moderators and designers. They don't listen to anything anyone says unless you've been there for 3 years or you're paying real money for lordship. I like the idea of a non war based game that never resets, has it's on active economy and you have to take care of your character every 24 hours as well as find a job to continue on in life. Does anyone know of another game like this though? I don't care if it's still in production or if it's already out I would just like to see other games like Renaissance Kingdoms but maybe with better moderators and designers.

USMC.someguy
09-03-2008, 03:28:11
I agree with what above person has said, but I PAID MONEY FOR ALMOST A YEAR, A LORD ALMOST FROM THE START. They still do not listen to me. Rule 12 of the forum is that you cannot criticize neither the censors, mods, or admins. Threads that do have been shut down. Both threads, one protesting the new update, and the other gathering votes, were just locked today. The voting thread gathered 81 votes that they didn't like the new forums but 8 said they did. Yet the admins still are not even debating changing all the way back--- only appeasing the members with a cheap compromise.

I NO LONGER SUPPORT THIS GAME NOR DO I DONATE/PAY MONEY FOR IT! This game was formerly good but the RP experience in it is now HORRIBLE, in my opinion. I am contemplating no longer playing it, either. If I had not made good friends on this site, I would have thrown it out the window long ago to go RP on RERPG which I find is much better for RPing even if it is modern. The Mods/admin's are terrible as above said, and will not listen, and the last two updates to the game have been hard for any country but France. The latest update is far worse then the other one, and probably is just as bad for French Rpers as any other nationality of RPers.

The update so far has not been an upgrade, but a downgrade. Any of you reading this, as I said, I do not suggest it to you anymore. T]he Admins and mods have cracked down on fun and RP, not promoted it. The update has done nothing but alienate the user base and has done nothing but cause many of us to stop donating and supporting the site through paying for tokens. I only hope that this forum is more open then the renaissance kingdoms forum, or else this thread will get shut down or this post will get deleted. I will continue to post here if it does get deleted, I guess.

Eggbert
09-30-2008, 04:06:06
this is probably not the spot to post this but I'm new here and haven't looked around as much as I could have. I love the concept of Renaissance Kingdoms but dislike the moderators and designers. They don't listen to anything anyone says unless you've been there for 3 years or you're paying real money for lordship. I like the idea of a non war based game that never resets, has it's on active economy and you have to take care of your character every 24 hours as well as find a job to continue on in life. Does anyone know of another game like this though? I don't care if it's still in production or if it's already out I would just like to see other games like Renaissance Kingdoms but maybe with better moderators and designers.

Try http://www.eremoyenne.fr/index.php . Set a few hundred years earlier than RK, it incorporates many ideas that weren't implemented in the other game while keeping it's most appealing ones; low maintenance (you only have to log in for five min. a day, if that's all you have), good forums (though still being fleshed out), etc.

It's also got a vastly different political system (it's trying to be a tad closer to history :P ), not to mention a very responsive admin.

If you decide to give it a try, feel free to list me as your sponsor :laughSMILE:

Ryv
09-30-2008, 23:48:04
Arcanus, if you like slash and hack war games, then there are lots of other games out there. There is no other roleplaying game like Renaissance Kingdoms. Many games claim to be "roleplaying" but they're not -- they're all based on how many clicks you can do per day. RK isn't like that and never will be.

Hate to jump in like this, but that isn't true. If you say that the "essence" of RK is that it simulates human life, it takes very few clicks a day, the "action" is mostly forum based, and there's plenty of role-playing, then I can think of another game which exactly fits the bill. It's called Human-Age.

HighlanderMick
06-12-2009, 02:23:01
How do you become a noble? I mean when I'm progressing through lvl 1 do you really have to complete all the requirements, before the week is over? And if your working for the church are you a monk or just a regular person?
I mean I don't get it, can someone give me a brief summary of everything that needs critical developing.

Centri
12-15-2009, 06:45:43
The admins of this game, for the most part, do not listen to its userbase. If you have any issues to mail them about, Choup will return your mail with a nasty response. Contacting Levan and LJS are pretty much impossible, although they might pop out like it's Groundhog's Day on occasions. I'm sure they have a lot of work to do outside of dealing with questions and complaints but then they should hand those duties over people who understand the meaning of customer service. Yeah, the game is free but you can't expect people to put money into a game where they're disrespected.

Also, some members of the game take the game too seriously and personal. Sometimes you'll think you're having a role playing argument with someone, only to find they have a real life vendetta against you. And yes, there are child predators out there, but not of the sexual nature. Of the, "I need to teach someone at least half my age a lesson" predator type. So...I would certainly not recommend this game to anyone under the age of 18 or anyone who cannot deal with crazy people.

Thee in game mechanics are interesting but are only a small part of the game. The game mostly involves socializing. If you get into war or politics, it will be a gaming life full of more drama and intrigue. The members you bond with are what will keep you coming back for more, in a sadomasochistic way.

And the latest updates have ruined the game for several countries. The admins do not care.

There is another game called Secfenia, which closely follows the same model. It's fairly new. Many members of Renaissance Kingdoms are members of Secfenia and find it a relaxing escape.

If you still want to play RK anyway, they also have a game called Native Kingdoms and they are currently working on a game called Shogun Kingdoms. I think eventually the games will encompass and connect all the countries in the world.

JustJo
01-17-2010, 02:59:44
RK it seems, has moved into a new era, that which is far more true to the fragile state of the RL 1458

With new powers rising up on a daily basis and armies of unknown size and strength littered about the land, England has become as volatile as the seas surrounding her.
England’s King is ineffective in both her defence and in the uniting of her counties.
In his stead is seated an equally ineffective Regent. Through no fault of the person seated there, the regency is incapable of applying any force other than to threaten to revoke land and title from England’s peerage.
The only true power lies in that of rumour and scandal. A man may march upon countless illegally held towns and capitols, he may be victorious in all his endeavours yet should someone not like the colour of his beard then he shall be cast into the dungeons of hatred and be lashed by a thousand tongues.
England starves while her King grows fat and her Lords and Ladies squabble over the scraps from his table.

The northern lands of Scotland nashes its teeth and bites its own tail, all the while threatening to spill its poisons into England.
Ireland builds its ships and hoists her colours, dark flags upon the horizon, her peoples bent on revenge for their self appointed status of outcast.
The church hides in the folds of roman robes, brandishing scrolls and shouting obscenities apparently blessed by Jah and in the name of the Inquisition.
Promises of religious services go unfulfilled and the pious begin to lose their faith. More and more turn to the old ways, rejoicing in the carnage spreading from village to village.
The eldest of England’s citizens give up the fight, preferring to retire to their mansion building and wine making. If ever they venture into their village taverns they are accosted by the merry making of the poor and stories are demanded of them. Stories of days gone by when the armies of the Kingdom were commanded by men of courage, not the snivelling fools who hold such office now.
When the King would walk among the people and grant passage on his own ships to those who wished to trade in France.
When foreign raiders were met with avenging forces, legions of men sent from every corner of the kingdom. When England was a whole and her peoples swore loyalty to their country not their shoes.
A challenge it is to survive in this land, yet what better than such a challenge to hone ones skills in economics, politics and military tactics. Join us, we welcome you. Though do watch your step, Here be Dragons.

albgenius
06-06-2011, 15:09:25
I think Renaissance Kingdom is great why?
Because your success relies on ur skills and personality.Thats why i worked and created a site with tips for beginners www.squidoo.com/renaissance-kingdoms It is needed and useful because the game is so realistic that at first its difficult to understand it.

albgenius
08-08-2011, 19:02:32
I agree with what above person has said, but I PAID MONEY FOR ALMOST A YEAR, A LORD ALMOST FROM THE START. They still do not listen to me. Rule 12 of the forum is that you cannot criticize neither the censors, mods, or admins. Threads that do have been shut down. Both threads, one protesting the new update, and the other gathering votes, were just locked today. The voting thread gathered 81 votes that they didn't like the new forums but 8 said they did. Yet the admins still are not even debating changing all the way back--- only appeasing the members with a cheap compromise.

I NO LONGER SUPPORT THIS GAME NOR DO I DONATE/PAY MONEY FOR IT! This game was formerly good but the RP experience in it is now HORRIBLE, in my opinion. I am contemplating no longer playing it, either. If I had not made good friends on this site, I would have thrown it out the window long ago to go RP on RERPG which I find is much better for RPing even if it is modern. The Mods/admin's are terrible as above said, and will not listen, and the last two updates to the game have been hard for any country but France. The latest update is far worse then the other one, and probably is just as bad for French Rpers as any other nationality of RPers.

The update so far has not been an upgrade, but a downgrade. Any of you reading this, as I said, I do not suggest it to you anymore. T]he Admins and mods have cracked down on fun and RP, not promoted it. The update has done nothing but alienate the user base and has done nothing but cause many of us to stop donating and supporting the site through paying for tokens. I only hope that this forum is more open then the renaissance kingdoms forum, or else this thread will get shut down or this post will get deleted. I will continue to post here if it does get deleted, I guess.Since you said you spent money for it then you liked it.But i think criticizing posts are out of the reality of the game even though i see much discussions in the Babel Tower.But things arent as easy to change as players might think.