PDA

View Full Version : Are they sports?

Jess
11-25-2006, 16:37:16
Is figure skating and dancing sports or not?

I hate sports, except golf. I have done three tyupes of dance in 7 yrs and figure skating this past year.

doglover
11-25-2006, 18:42:12
As far as I know, figure skating and dancing are both sports :)

When we talk about a sport it doesn't have to be only like football, hockey, volleyball, basketball, etc. It can be many stuff...
Many people think that to play a sport we need a ball, but that's just wrong.

Hollandgirl
11-26-2006, 15:10:01
Yeah, they're sports, I'm pretty sure of that, at least jazz (i dunno if that's the same word for other countries too, but it's a quite populair sport in here) is and ballroomdancing is, if you get high enough and I'm sure figure skating is

Jess
11-26-2006, 17:30:43
YEah I really love dancing and figure skating
I have done Ballet, tap and Ballroom
Because some kids think that I am just a lazy bum because I only do dancing, because dancing is considered and art if you ask a professinal, just like music and drawing so I was just wondering has anyone her ever danced

Estonian
02-20-2007, 19:07:54
Ofcourse they are sports, you can see figure skateing from EuroSport almost every day. And dancing.. depends on what kind on dancing do you mean but loosely yes.
I don't know wery much about golf but it seems nice. So keep training :D lol

EscapeGirl
02-20-2007, 23:38:05
YEah I really love dancing and figure skating
I have done Ballet, tap and Ballroom
Because some kids think that I am just a lazy bum because I only do dancing, because dancing is considered and art if you ask a professinal, just like music and drawing so I was just wondering has anyone her ever danced

I have danced. I took ballet for 7 or so years when I was a kid. :D

I would say figure skating is a sport. Dancing...I think it depends on if you compete and what not if I'd consider it a sport. But it's definitely a lot of work, so someone who dances is no lazy bum. :)

Acelightning
02-21-2007, 07:38:38
oh i hate dance but i love ice skating. and yes both are verry hard sports..(believe me:))

OneBun
03-04-2007, 19:45:22
Is figure skating and dancing sports or not?

I hate sports, except golf. I have done three tyupes of dance in 7 yrs and figure skating this past year.

To me they would be quite physical... alos you find them at the Olympics so to me the answer is a great big YES! :)

Mcakkay
03-08-2007, 02:00:58
they classify ping pong as a sport in the olympics so im sure both dancing and skating are sports!!

awesome
03-08-2007, 02:07:20
i think theyre both sports