PDA

View Full Version : Question to all riddle players.

Adventure
04-20-2012, 17:16:04
Hello riddle players, :)

I am wondering why so little people are rating the riddles they have played by using the polls we assigned each thread with. Is it that you are waiting with voting until you have played all riddles or is there another reason? I really like to know why and hope you can tell me.

Many thanks!

~ Adventure

geri mac
04-20-2012, 17:52:13
I rate when Im nearly at the end of the riddle, I dont wait until the end as I wouldnt play it if I didnt like it

linkinpark333
04-20-2012, 18:06:23
i want to finish each riddle before i rate it.
i might think of one rating i want to give, then ill change my mind.

chantilly
04-20-2012, 18:18:27
Same here - have been rating after I've finished. You can't really judge a riddle if you've only just done the first few.

robert
04-20-2012, 19:17:38
I've been keeping notes, and I'll enter my assessments after I've finished all nine riddles.
I wish you had asked for more than "rate on a scale of 1 to 10". It's very difficult to give a meaningful overall assessment like that. Sometimes (actually, usually, with anything we do) some elements are excellent and others are not. It would be more useful to rate particular aspects, such as: presentation, difficulty, originality, solvability (which is not the same as difficulty), style, wit, etc.
A lot of work went into these, and I thank all the riddlemakers for their creativity.

geri mac
04-20-2012, 19:26:54
the riddlemakers have done a fantastic job, thank you and well done to them all

pel45
04-21-2012, 10:55:03
Same as everyone above. I didn't want to vote before being well on the way to finishing -- if you give someone a 10 and then come across something which impresses you more, what do you do? Thanks to all the creators for making such interesting riddles, and thanks to GH for putting together the contest.

jonthewatch
04-21-2012, 14:19:56
I have voted on the riddles I like. I don't want to vote any maker a poor score. The general public don't know about the riddles though....I have people at EG24 asking me when the contest is starting, some ask 'who won?'.....and people who I push in this direction are asking how to vote :(

Adventure
04-21-2012, 21:15:43
Thanks for your replies everyone. :) This info is also important for me to know to set an end date for this contest. Now I know I can't set an end date right now because there are still too many people playing the riddles and making up their minds.

BTW the jury is working the same way. They decided to first play and finish all the riddles before judging any of the riddles.

@Jonthewatch, if you mean with the general public EG24, then I only can reply that I did submit a topic on EG24 for this contest but the owner decided to not promote the contest. Thus I don't have the possibilty to post announcements about the contest there or to answer questions.

Abraxxass
04-22-2012, 07:12:25
the riddlemakers have done a fantastic job, thank you and well done to them all

I agree with geri, just want to say "thanks, you did a great job" to all riddlers, too :yourock: . (I'm always rating a riddle after I've finished it)

jonthewatch
04-23-2012, 12:17:17
@Jonthewatch, if you mean with the general public EG24, then I only can reply that I did submit a topic on EG24 for this contest but the owner decided to not promote the contest. Thus I don't have the possibilty to post announcements about the contest there or to answer questions.

It is not in the nature of EG24 to post a link to a game or another website without enabling comments. If the comments were enabled this would lead to the games being discussed there. I made the decision not to publicise at EG24 because of 1. Favouritism and 2. being disqualified as I am: A. a poster of games there B. a mod there and C. a creator of games for that site (hence the EG24 logo on my game) so to be fair EG24 didn't push the contest. With a good enough argument for publicing, I may change my mind though.

£ucy
05-09-2012, 18:26:03
Hi Adventure,

I want to say thank you for organizing this great contest.
I had a lots of fun and enjoyed it very much!
It's fun that we can all riddle together and share our ideas and that is sometimes more fun then the riddle itself!
And also we know that everyone is willing to help each other.
It is amazing! ...
It was very difficult to vote on each one because all the riddles are good.
Anyway, thank you Adventure and all the makers riddles.
:)

Ruff
05-30-2012, 23:10:44
@Adventure, thank you so much for organizing this riddle contest. Thumbs up for you!

Abraxxass
06-01-2012, 15:30:22
I agree with Lucy and Ruff, thanks a lot, Adventure :yourock:

Sleepyhead
06-01-2012, 16:26:43
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I wanted to make it as a general thing :)

First of everything would like to thank Adventure for the great job organizing the riddle contest,hope is not the last one! :)

Thanks to all the players and jury for trying our very first riddle,for having so much patience at the time of pointing the mistakes (that were a few even when you have checked the things twice and you were sure there was none :haha: ).For sure something was learn and is that creating a riddle is not as simple as it may seem on a first sight.
Thanks to everybody for the nice words sent about the riddle
And last but least thanks to all the creators that have made all them great riddles we had a great time playing them!

jonthewatch
06-03-2012, 07:48:19
I guess it is too late to say I submitted the wrong version of my game......I made 4 of them and put the version with the wrong html code up for scrutiny......oppps!

Grego
06-03-2012, 14:53:11
Hemm Jon, i think it is late lol, but your problem was solved thanks to the other riddle you upload, so when people come in could choose the safer riddle. Well done! :D

Adventure
06-03-2012, 18:05:53
I guess it is too late to say I submitted the wrong version of my game......I made 4 of them and put the version with the wrong html code up for scrutiny......oppps!
Yes, you are about 2 months too late with finding out about this. :laughSMILE:

jonthewatch
06-04-2012, 04:56:15
this was my first version....the version I wanted to submit was slightly different in that when you got a right answer, you were directed to the select a level page....this version brings you back to the start page....very annoying....lol. But anyway, I tried something different and it didn't work....that will teach me....

Juchara
06-13-2012, 20:44:29
I'm new here , nice thread!

Abraxxass
09-11-2012, 14:46:18
I got my gifts yesterday. Thanks a lot for this nice towel and the USB stick :hug4:

Yvonne
09-11-2012, 14:55:01
Congrats on getting your gifts :D

Abraxxass
09-13-2012, 11:56:01
thanks a lot Yvonne :hug4: I hpoe there'll be another contest in 2013...or maybe a Christmas Riddle contest :D:D:D:D

30nights
09-13-2012, 13:31:30
I received my prizes too. Thanks to all involved!

Adventure
09-13-2012, 18:58:22
Glad to hear that everyone is receiving their prizes. :D

Adventure
09-15-2012, 10:00:49
thanks a lot Yvonne :hug4: I hpoe there'll be another contest in 2013...or maybe a Christmas Riddle contest :D:D:D:D
Yes, I agree, it would be great if there would be another contest. :D Here or on another site. ;)
But I do know I won't be involved in the organization. This contest was much more work than I thought. I underestimated it for sure.

Grego
06-21-2013, 20:40:43
I want anotherrr riddle contest!! :) :) :) :bee:

linkinpark333
06-22-2013, 21:52:44
i agree grego.