PDA

View Full Version : Strange Room

Mistery
12-24-2006, 05:58:35
Japanese room escape game.

I'm not sure yet how important the language is.

Play (http://tizzle.gotmail.jp/flash/_strangeroom.html)

lili
12-24-2006, 11:52:09
This is where I am now
knob, lighter, peeled apple, paper with letters and drawing, cigarette, knife, diary, bed light and teddy bear

And what I've seen
a number in ashtray, letters and numbers on the picture on the wall

ThemePark
12-24-2006, 11:59:59
Is the bedlight the one that's in row 3, column 2? And the knob in row 1, column 1? And is the paper with the letters and drawing, the one with the bird on it? And the lighter the one in row 1, column 2?
Sorry about all those questions but there are some of the things I am not sure what should be :S

And could you tell me how you got the number in the ashtray and the letters and numbers on the picture?
I got most of my stuff by pure chance so I have no idea how to do it again :S

lili
12-24-2006, 12:04:26
Theme, yes all you've mentioned are what I wanted to say. :) How far are you?
(I'm sorry but I need to go in a bit.. Do you have any you wanna ask me before I go?? )

For ashtray
smoke a cigarette facing to the window, later click the ashtray

And for the picture on the wall
zoom in the picture and click "D" button and drag the flashlight onto the picture. Then wait a little while. You need to get the letters from teddybear before doing this.
(Sorry I edited this post because there're some bugs..)

Do you have anything that I don't have now??

ThemePark
12-24-2006, 12:08:30
Yes, I updated my post above with a few questions :P

Okay, here's what you can do:

Click the little dot on the white cupboard. Drag the knob onto the grey circle. Then zoom back out. Now click the bottom part of the cupboard and you get a stool.

Now go to the view with the bed. You can now look at the 3 cupboards at the top. Click the one on the right, then click the flashlight at the bottom of the cupboard. Now click the cupboard in the middle, then click the towels about 6 times to get a piece of paper.

Go to the view with the window, then use ITEM on the blank paper, and drag the lighter onto it. You should then get a number on it.

Also, if you click the right ear (from your point of view) of the teddybear, you get some text.

lili
12-24-2006, 12:15:16
Theme, I gotta go now... Probably I'll be back in 4 hours or so.. Hope you luck!! ;)
(And I also edited my post above.:D)

ThemePark
12-24-2006, 12:21:14
I just edited my post as well :P

lili
12-24-2006, 16:11:41
All of my inventory boxes are filled. And...
I got the batteries for the flashlight and had a number on the paper which I got from the upper cupboard
And I'm stuck!!

EDIT: Now I made some progresses
At the mirror click "D" button and drag the flashlight onto the mirror. Click mirror then you'll find some letters and numbers again.

EDIT2:
I escaped the room. But another forum said there was another way to escape..:)

Joy
12-24-2006, 20:49:22
how do u smoke the cig

Adventure
12-25-2006, 02:01:12
I am totally stuck with this game. My inventory is full, I found both equations (painting & mirror), I got a code message from the bear which has obvious something to do with the equations. However the equations from the painting are scratched, so maybe I have to do something more with it. :hmm: Also I got three numbers (apple, ashtray, paper).

I went Nordinho with the hope I could find some help, but they are still stuck with the game aswell. Although they found out that there are three extra objects to collect, which possible give you another way to escape. cd, key and another paper However are there a lot of people who really seems to have problems with finding these objects. Sometimes they can?t be found easily, sometimes not at all. Bugs are blamed for this, not sure if they are really the cause.

@Joy
Click on the item button, select cigarette, click on the D button and click and drag the lighter to the cigarette, exit and click on the ashtray

Okay I am tired, it was nice to play a game before I went to bed, see you soon.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

ani2007
12-25-2006, 02:24:21
I've played this game yesteday. The trick is to get first the CD, play it, then you get a key!!!

Adventure
12-25-2006, 03:22:50
Yes that’s correct I have read that too, but the problem is that I just can’t find the cd. Or better said, I can't get it. It supposed to be under the right pillow, but the pillow won’t lift up, how many times I try (and I really clicked myself mad, several times). Also restarting the game doesn’t help (tried three times).

Bassoon
12-25-2006, 04:25:03
Where are the batteries?

MusikLover
12-25-2006, 05:57:08
im stuck too...onli space left is that lasnt one on the fourth row...help! :'(

EDIT: dw! found the batteries!

BJC
12-25-2006, 06:13:31
where r the batteries? please help only thing i don't have!!

mouthybrat
12-25-2006, 06:18:49
I'm new posting, but I've been coming here to play the escape games alot lately...I have to say this is the first time I have ever figured something out on my own (although I haven't escaped the room yet, I have figured out the code and what it means!)

EDIT!!! the codes from the painting and the mirror change!!! So you will have to figure your own code out, but I have mine posted here as a template that you can use to help figure out your own!

The code from the painting is

A=1/4/8/12/17/41/44
B=28
C=7
D=0
E=24/33/49
F=11/43
G=0
H=32
I=13/22/35/45
J=0
K=0
L=14/46
M=3/16/23
N=5/9/18/37

The code from the mirror is
O=0
P=0
Q=0
R=48
S=25/36
T=21/30/39
U=29/47
V=0
W=0
X=0
Y=19
Z=0
*=2/6/10/15/20/27/31/34/40/42
,=26
'=38
* indicates "space"

You work the code out by simply putting the letter or space in it's proper spot, so "A" is in spots numberd 1, 4, 8, 12, 17, 41, 44 etc. When you put all the letters, spaces and punctuation in the right place you get a saying.

When you put it all together it works out to

A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure

I'm guessing that it would also work to figure out the saying on the teddybear? maybe? edit (the teddybear seems to have only one purpose and the code from him apparently doesn't mean anything)

edit:nm

edit 2: I made it out!!! I didn't have the cd, key or the extra paper, but I figured out both codes for the panel on the wall!!!

The batteries are inside the soapdish looking thing that lights up that is in column 2 row 2 of the inventory, you have to click kind of on the bottom right side of the bottom tray.

Is anyone allowed to post a walkthrough, or do you have to be a member for a certain period of time?

BJC
12-25-2006, 06:58:26
yes anyone can post a walkthrough as long as u r signed in, i have everything and still can't get out-------anyone willing to help me?? with a walkthrough..........Please i even have 3xtra items and still can't escape.

my adage says: Never trust a man who speaks well of everyone

eil102899
12-25-2006, 07:35:14
I'm new posting, but I've been coming here to play the escape games alot lately...I have to say this is the first time I have ever figured something out on my own (although I haven't escaped the room yet, I have figured out the code and what it means!)

The code from the painting is

A=1/4/8/12/17/41/44
B=28
C=7
D=0
E=24/33/49
F=11/43
G=0
H=32
I=13/22/35/45
J=0
K=0
L=14/46
M=3/16/23
N=5/9/18/37

The code from the mirror is
O=0
P=0
Q=0
R=48
S=25/36
T=21/30/39
U=29/47
V=0
W=0
X=0
Y=19
Z=0
*=2/6/10/15/20/27/31/34/40/42
,=26
'=38
* indicates "space"

You work the code out by simply putting the letter or space in it's proper spot, so "A" is in spots numberd 1, 4, 8, 12, 17, 41, 44 etc. When you put all the letters, spaces and punctuation in the right place you get a saying.

When you put it all together it works out to

A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure

I'm guessing that it would also work to figure out the saying on the teddybear? maybe?

edit: well, I guess the "code" that I figured out doesn't do much good on the panel that's on the wall

edit 2: I made it out!!! I didn't have the cd, key or the extra paper, but I figured out both codes for the panel on the wall!!!

the codes are different..mine says..the secret to creativity is....is what i dont know its irritating me.

BJC
12-25-2006, 07:56:02
has anyone figured out teddybear code? please tell how!! the only thing i haven't done

clickclick
12-25-2006, 08:02:10
I got out aswell..

Hope I'm not giving away to much.The three numbers are code1
the sentence is code 2 (use the "music system"?? on the wall to enter codes)Oh and forget about that stupid teddy

My sentence was: When one is loved, one doubts nothing

mouthybrat
12-25-2006, 08:06:02
ahhhhh!!! okay, well, then since the codes change, it really only affects what you enter second on the box on the wall.

if you have both sets of codes (the game won't let you progress until you have actually unveiled the codes from the picture and the mirror) the next step is to click on the bottom right button on the box on the wall and it will pop up asking for "Code 1" or something like that (now is when you enter the numbers from the ashtray, apple peal and burnt paper, in that order so it's 253) then it will let you enter "Code 2" and that's when you type in your code saying, once you type it in, it will give you the rest of the saying and you can then go to the door and escape!!!

I was in the middle of posting a walkthrough, but I kept having problems with getting the code off the mirror and I timed out with my log in :mad: I was so excited to be able to get out of a room without much help this time!!!

clickclick
12-25-2006, 08:09:58
Blame it on the Stupid teddy, it's only purpose is to be a guide of some sort a very distracting one if you ask me:crazy:

mouthybrat
12-25-2006, 08:11:16
yeah, but you can't get the code off the painting without it

clickclick
12-25-2006, 08:13:43
Yeah, mouthy, like i said some sort of guide heheh or hint.

eil102899
12-25-2006, 08:16:31
the codes must be case sensitive,because it wouldnt except my sentence until i capitalized the first letter.

mouthybrat
12-25-2006, 08:16:41
for the life of me, I can't remember how I got the code off the mirror!!! I'm going to bed, it is 2am here and my children are bound to be awake in a matter of 4 hours or so to see what Santa brought them...

have a nice night and good luck getting out!

edit: yeah, eil, I had that same problem with the code!

BJC
12-25-2006, 08:17:03
this is crazy i enter the number code and the when i enter the adage( i have tried it with and without asterisk) it comes up error whats going on ??

Thanks so much for the first Letter CAP in the adage i appreciate it finally finished. Thanks all Merry Christmas to all of you!!

lili
12-25-2006, 08:18:30
Maybe the code from teddybear is needed for another way to get out of this room. That should be the one you have to find CD and a key. :)
If you find that way, could you post the walkthough too? ;)

mouthybrat
12-25-2006, 08:18:42
the asterisk is actually a space (as the little birdy showed on the first piece of paper that you got saying "asterisk=space" ) and it's case sensitive, check out eil's post

eil102899
12-25-2006, 08:43:49
first turn to the bed

click right pillow to get cd

go to the cd player on the wall(same place u enter code the other way)

drag cd over it

music will start to play and screen will fade to flowers

when its over, turn and click on the flowers to zoom in

click around on the pink flower to get the key

face the picture

then click the arrow on the bottom of the screen

drag key to the table

then click on the front edge of the table

u get the piece of paper with a strange url i cant get to work

ani2007
12-25-2006, 10:19:30
The Key is for the table in the middle of the room!

sivga
12-25-2006, 10:47:49
this game drives me crazy. i found everything including teh key, paper and cd but I still cant finish the game. help me whats next??what else I should do?

eil102899
12-25-2006, 10:52:58
this game drives me crazy. i found everything including teh key, paper and cd but I still cant finish the game. help me whats next??what else I should do?

i cant figure any more out than i have above...except, the other way to get out

sivga
12-25-2006, 10:55:12
whats the other way then?

ani2007
12-25-2006, 11:01:36
Do you have the 2 Codes from the mirrows?

eil102899
12-25-2006, 11:24:23
whats the other way then?

click right twice
get apple,cigs,lighter,and paper off window
click right again get book light off counter
click dent on bed and get teddy bear
click item and view the teddy and click the right ear
click lower cabinets and click left door get bright red book
click right door get knife
then top drawer get handle
click right 2 more times
then click on the grey dot on the little white cabinet
select d for drag then drag golden knob to the grey dot
click back then click the bottom of the cabinet and get the stool
go back to the view of the bed and click the upper cabinets
click the center door and then click the towels 6 times
click the right door and get the flashlight
select item and select the book light(bluish silve thing)
click around the far right corner towards the inside of the bottom to get batteries
select the flashlight and drag the batteries to the bottom
then go back to the view of the bed and click on the mirror

then drag flashlight to the mirror and click it should bring up a bunch of codes right them down

then turn till you see the picture on the wall and do the same

after you get all the codes figure out what it says

then open the apple and drag the knife to it u will get a 2
open the cigs and drag the lighter to them while facing the window
then click on the ashtray u will get a 5
drag lighter to the blank paper to get a 3

turn back to the litle white thing on the wall and zoom in click the lower right button and enter ..253
u can now enter whatever your phrase is(capitalize first leter)
now go to the door and click....your out....

first time writing a walkthrough if i missd anything let me know

ani the codes change.look at post 16 for help

ani2007
12-25-2006, 12:20:51
I have the code!
I only want to help, because you can escape without CD and Key!

Adventure
12-25-2006, 13:08:45
The equations of the painting is scratched. Am I the only one who experience this? If no, how van I get rid of the these scrawls.

Edit:

And where can you find the cd?
It supposed to be under the right pillow, is this correct?

sivga
12-25-2006, 13:32:24
whats the second code??

ani2007
12-25-2006, 13:43:01
sivga: Do you have the codes from the mirrows?
Example: Teddybear
Code:
A = 8
B = 6
D = 3/4
E = 2/7
R = 9
T = 1
Y = 5
So you get the second Code!

sivga
12-25-2006, 13:57:21
yes ı got the codes from mirror it says life is a tragedy when I seen close-up

but when I write it as second code it says code error

ani2007
12-25-2006, 14:13:35
Adventure: The CD is under the pillow, but you can only get it at first! So you have to restart the game. For to escape you don`t need the cd.

sivga: "life is a tragedy when seen in close-up"! The "I" is too much!

Adventure
12-25-2006, 17:20:30
Adventure: The CD is under the pillow, but you can only get it at first! So you have to restart the game. For to escape you don`t need the cd.

Okay I will try that when I restart the game (I’m not playing the game now). Thank you Ani2007. :)

But I still don’t have an answer to a more important question:

The equations of the painting is scratched. Am I the only one who experience this? If no, how can I get rid of the these scrawls.

Can somebody please tell me what I am must do or is it a bug? :?

flyer30
12-25-2006, 17:52:39
what a pity... i cant find the batteries... anyone help???

mouthybrat
12-25-2006, 18:30:35
To get the code from the painting to be clear you have to hold the flashlight over the painting for a few seconds, it will clear up for you then!

The batteries are inside the booklight thing (it looks like a soapdish to me, but I'm blonde) you have to click "Item" then click on the booklight in your inventory, then click on the bottom part of the light to get the batteries out...make sure that you click on the batteries once they are out, or they will not be put into your inventory!!!

flyer30
12-25-2006, 18:37:49
thank u very very much mouthy - finally i got them with your help!!!

mouthybrat
12-25-2006, 18:49:30
You're very welcome! If you need any other help, just give a shout!

Indigopaperclip
12-25-2006, 20:08:01
A movie is life with the dull parts cut out

jennyjellybean
12-26-2006, 02:40:31
How the heck do you get the stupid batteries into the flashlight? I hate pixel hunts! Especially when the game gives you no indication that you've found the right pixel, you have to just randomly click and hope that you're clicking in a different place each time so that you can maybe, hopefully, get it eventually.

eil102899
12-26-2006, 02:54:57
drag the batteries to the bottom part of the flashlight..i created kind of a walkthrough on page 4,its not the best but it should help

oh yeah the batteries will still appear in your inventory after u put them in

How the heck do you get the stupid batteries into the flashlight? I hate pixel hunts! Especially when the game gives you no indication that you've found the right pixel, you have to just randomly click and hope that you're clicking in a different place each time so that you can maybe, hopefully, get it eventually.

sivga
12-26-2006, 10:23:09
thanx 4 ur helps but this game made me soooo angry.. today I tryed my chance again but this time stupid picture didnt show the letters also mirror too. im giving up its not worth to make myself angry

AVIV
12-27-2006, 21:15:31
Happy New Year

eil102899
12-27-2006, 22:56:18
anyone who has the same problemyou must click on the bears right ear before using the flashlight on the miror or pic

thanx 4 ur helps but this game made me soooo angry.. today I tryed my chance again but this time stupid picture didnt show the letters also mirror too. im giving up its not worth to make myself angry

link3710
12-28-2006, 02:06:00
I cannot find the lighter. I looked at the walkthrough and it said it was on the window but it is never there.

eil102899
12-28-2006, 20:19:14
its right next to the cigs on the window

I cannot find the lighter. I looked at the walkthrough and it said it was on the window but it is never there.

mouthybrat
12-28-2006, 20:24:35
The lighter is brown and is between the cigarette pack and the tissue box on the ledge in front of the window, when you get it, it will be in column 2 row 1 of your inventory.

lili
05-09-2007, 11:57:28
The creator of this game changed its link. And this game is renewed, I don't know how much it differs from the previous one though. :)

http://tizzle.gotmail.jp/flash/_strangeroom.html

mindfreaker
05-15-2007, 02:39:54
Yes it is much different than the original. Harder too. I am playing the new version right now and am stuck. I hope someone else has tried the new version.
edit: I'm out! I can help anyone who needs it.

NannaJoy
11-22-2007, 19:12:25
My game is different the walkthrough (post #36) - no apple by the window here, no code in the mirror but light bounces off to a point on another wall where I found something. Got two keypads. Saw no clue on the Hitchcock painting -keypad was behind it.

knob, lighter, "card" with SD on it, paper with bird, smokes, screwdriver to remove intresting screws on framed quote, (line 3) diary/red book, lamp, paper with A=7 on it, (line 4) bear, flashlight, batters (from lamp), line 5 - stool that I evidently sat on to have a smoke.

So - now what? The only numbers I have

F=4, E=4, A=7 and a 5 from ashtray, from red book R=4 & L=0. I also didn't find a knife.

Need 4 digit code for one - a bunch of little squares show up first - probably the clue to the code. So I'm stuck.

CD under pillow, bear on bed, knob from drawer, red book in cabinet, light on cabinet, by window - Paper, smokes, lighter, Alfred Hitchcock quote

Used nob on corner cabinet, clicked in middle to open - Stool. Used CD, saw picture of flowers over CD player, to flowers and got a key, to cabinets over bed - flashlight & blank paper.

pulled bears ear & noted letters, stool by window, smoke, look at ashtray #5, SD card under ashtray, batteries from lamp & into flashlight, turn on, shine into mirror, look across room and PUSH - screwdriver.tried flashlight on quote - zilch.
last page of diary can lift part of the paper for another #
I'm stuck here also. Time to do somthing else