SlayTheWiki Game Maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SlayTheWiki Game Maker

I made a site where you can easily make your own online adventure game (no programming) I hope you check it out and let me know what you think!

www.SlayTheWiki.com

James

Okay, I have checked the game that has been probably created by you, and it is very nice. And also the idea of providing a simple online game making tool is very good.

However, I would like to add here a few suggestions after a quick check:
    • You need to make your Game Maker - or better said your page - more user friendly.
      "Instructions: It's easy, no?" is not enough. If you would like people to use it, you need to add a real instruction
    • And another thing: If users are just looking around on that page first without creating a game or saving it, every time they click on the "create a game" link, the not created games show up in the list of games, without having them intentionally saved or submitted. You need to change that somehow, so that only games show up that have been really created, saved or "submitted". Otherwise you will have a chaos of "empty" games, just because people have been looking around on your page.

Comment

Thanks for the comments! Yes the instructions suck. I have no excuse. Yes, it's easily to create phantom games with the annoying NewGameXXX, but others won't see them, since they aren't 'published'.

Thanks again,

James

Comment

Ah, okay, then it's good with the unpublished games if they are not visible to others

Then what is left is to create a nice instruction, and it's worth to take a short while for that, otherwise many people might leave your page quickly
        IAs soon as I get some time, I'll try to make something with that tool, now I just checked quickly as "duty" before approving your thread But it looks good, and I'll try it later on

Good luck, and I hope that your visitors will be producing their own small online games and will have fun with it

Comment

Textbased adventure

I looked around this forum and found the link. This was before seven hours, lol.
          And so I made there a game, you may try it. I named it "alone at home".
          There will be some wrong words or mistakes I made. If it is so, than you have to type in my wrong words.
          It seems, that you can't do the same action on different items, so I numbered some actions. When you are a step further, then will be there a new item word or action word, so look what changes in the left side.

At the end I hurried up, it is late now and I must go in bed.

Critic is welcome. But perhaps this is not the right thread?
          It is my first try, put this program is realy not to hard but of course it is not possible to do to much.

So, Scriv, try it and you know if it is good for newcomers.
          I had a problem to find out how to marc the memories (solved) and ho to give points (unsolved ). But great thanks to you, to made such a try possible.

Comment

Working...
          X