PDA

View Full Version : Discussion: Why do you come on Gamershood?

Daisfunky
02-01-2007, 22:58:18
Come on then peeps. Spill. Why do you sacrifice time with your friends, studies, work, family, fresh air, TV, sports, dates, etc....all for Gamershood?

It will also be interesting to know when and how you all found the forum.

I found Gamershood after playing MOTAS and googling for more Room Escape Games. Then I found the forum because I was stuck on a game.

Then I got hooked. Hooked on the games, the typing, the interaction with other people all over the world playing the same game as me.....let's be cheesy for a minute and admit something....GAMERSHOOD ROCKS!!! :) :) :)

PS Get talking people. I don't want to look like a fool and be the only one to post on this thread....that would make me feel sad and lame. :(

bread
02-02-2007, 04:08:01
Because Gamershood is awesome.NO other site gets the greatness we do.
Gamershood is better than ALL.

End Of Topic.

MsInterpret
02-02-2007, 06:59:33
Because I like to play Escape the Room games and Point-N-Click games. Plus, I'm bored hehe!

Adventure
02-02-2007, 07:22:26
Come on then peeps. Spill. Why do you sacrifice time with your friends, studies, work, family, fresh air, TV, sports, dates, etc....all for Gamershood?

It will also be interesting to know when and how you all found the forum.

Doing some marketing research OneBun? :P Why don’t you tell us how you ended up here and why you sacrifice free time to be here? ;) And don’t tell me it’s because your duty as a mod. You did that in free will. :P So please tell us: what is the story of the pink bunny!! :D

But good I will tell mine, however I have told my story already many times e.g. in this thread. :P
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2669
But I don’t mind to quote myself and add some news things to it. ;)

Lol, I found GH forums before the GH game pages. I just googled, looking for help with a game, I thought it was attic escape, and I found the hint I needed in a thread. Some days later I ended up again at the GH forums and since then I came back for help when I was stuck with games. The games I downloaded still from nitro59. But then the day came that I couldn’t find the answer for a specific problem, so I had to ask for help and there was Mystery. :D However I already spotted her. ;) Later I found the pets/animal thread in general chat and discovered a new world with nice and particular crazy people and stayed (still as a guest :P). The real reason to sign up as a member was because I couldn’t attach images. So OneBun said why you don't become and member and so I did and now you are stuck with me. :P ;)

But to answer the question: why do sacrifice my free time to be here? Like I have told before.. first it was my room escape addiction and I found here the help I couldn’t seem to find anywhere else. But maybe you were all so lucky (:P) that I just ended up here while looking for help with a game. Or maybe I was just so lucky that I found directly my way to this fantastic site. ;) Some time later I discovered general chat and in specific the pets/animals thread triggered my attention. :) If go back in time you will notice that my first posts in this sub-forum are all in this thread. My first chatting took here place and this is also the thread where I became a member of Gamershood. :D
First post in pets/animals (5 May 2006):
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044&page=19
First post as a member (10 May 2006)
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044&page=23
But I was already checking out chit chat. :P (Btw it’s really funny for me to read my old posts. :haha:) But then came the day that I first posted in chit chat…
First post in chit chat (14 may 2006):
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1787&page=35 (post #342)
But actually I started to chat really in chit chat a few days later..
Second post in chit chat (19 may 2006):
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1787&page=44 (post # 440)
And however I still was more to find in the game area then at the general chat forum, the chatting began to grow. Why? Because they are truly a lot of remarkable and wonderful people here and I enjoyed to chat to them. I still do!! And like I wrote in another thread..it still amaze me everyday that we do have such a bunch of fantastic people gathered together. :)
So the reason for me is to “sacrifice” my free time here is just because I have a good time here with bunch of incredible people.

Btw I do agree with Dais and Bread, GamersHood is awesome and ROCKS!!! :D
I have seen in the mean time many other game sites and forums, but they are all not that great as GamersHood is. :P (For all who feel offended..this still stays an opinion. :P).

EscapeGirl
02-02-2007, 07:24:28
Well, I found the site after clicking on the link at lazylaces.com. Originally I was unaware of the forums. I knew that each game had a help forum, but that was all I knew. So, for a couple months I only played games. It wasn't until later when I had emailed Mistery with a question (not realizing she was a moderator) and she sent me a link to one of the forum's threads. Then, after some poking around I found the chit chat thread, and the forum games. I still play the regular games, but not as much as I chat. I would have to say that originally it was the games that made this site rock. Now, though the games still rock, what keeps me coming back time and time again, are the people. The people here are different than other places on the net. The people (members and moderators) here are fun, witty, caring, nice, and definitely the reason I think Gamershood is so awesome. :)

I would also like to say that I have work, school, and friends in the real world that I couldn't give up for my friends here on da Hood, but for as long as I can, I'd like to stay connected with the wonderful people I have met here on Gamershood. :D

Darknight
02-02-2007, 20:21:11
Holy crap batman!!! I can's say that much. I found Gamershood on a link from
http://www.i-am-bored.com/ and started playing games here. Then I wanted to help others play, so I joined the fourm. Then I found chit chat and jumped right in. As for Friends. I don't have any :P (J/K) I'm only here at work cause I ain't got no computer at home. (great english huh?) The only reason I stay now is EscapeGirl :D No I stay because of all my friends here and I like to learn about other places from them.

Vault
02-03-2007, 03:29:58
I stay at GH for, what other reason, the LOONY BIN!
Oh, and dont forget the games.
& the awesome mods and members
& the daily updates.
& A BAZILLON MORE GREAT THINGS!!!!

OneBun
02-03-2007, 21:26:38
The reason I came to GamersHood. For a while I was addicted to mystery solving games. I went on a major web search to look for some new ones. While on this search, I discovered the world of "Room Escapes" ... "WOW these are even more fun than mysteries" ...is what I told myself. I went on a new search for these cool games!

I just happened on this actual old GamersHood page:

http://www.gamershood.com/jaescape.php

That game just rockes!!!!! I had to check if they had any more games like this, & they did. I have been here ever since. It was all it took to hook this bun in. I was a "guest" in this forum for a very long time. For some funny reason I was paranoid about joining. LOL Those days of gaming forum fears are looonnnggg gone. :haha: In those days guests could post anywhere, so that is what I did. I stayed anonomous.

It's kinda funny that I posted the walkthrough for one of the most famous escape games, but, I posted as a guest: Crimson Room (http://gamershood.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6056&postcount=56) ...LOL I laugh at myself about this all the time. Well that really was me, so now the cat's outta the bag! :haha: That post was itself was way back in August 12, 2005. I had been posting a while even before that. I still don't know why I waited until January 2006 to actually join. :P One day I just said Heck, I'm joining.... (I was always here anyways)... so I joined.
I can't believe it but I've been here OFFICIALLY a year now! :rog:

I never regret having joined. I love being a Mod. The owner of GamersHood is kind & runs a great site. All the hard work they put into creating & maintaining this place really shows. I have a great deal of respect for that.

I also love it here because I too have made many great & lasting friendships. Mistery has been my longest standing friend. She PM'd me one day & we've been chatting ever since.

The all of these things are great memories, & ones I cherish. I too feel the same as Darknight. The enjoyment of having learned so much about other cultures outside my country has been more than I could ever have expected. It is sooooo cool to me what I have learned. I cherish the memories you all have given me. GamersHood has a special place in my heart! :)

Freakshow59
02-05-2007, 02:40:45
I don't remmy why I joined... but it was probably the fact that I was bored... I can't think of anything else... It was so long ago that I joined, its almost my 1 year anniversary here...

bread
02-06-2007, 02:25:22
My one year anniversary is before yours :P

Hitman
02-06-2007, 20:50:11
Nice thread!
Well...where to start...I realy don't know but I never registered b4 on any specific game forum,I thought it's just Time Wasting but when I joined GamersHood I dunno I had to register and it realy ROCKS so compliments again...Bye :)

simplename9
02-14-2007, 03:02:35
Ummmmmm so that i can play games???

zillah0625
02-20-2007, 05:04:26
to play games and for the forums!!!!

nigec
02-24-2007, 22:04:31
I rarely join forums unless they are specific to my interests, i make games (ok i try to!) but as a rule i don't pimp my work, i just sit back and hope someone will find em and like them. i personally only posted the game on 3 or 4 game creators forums

through sheer luck i guess, someone (can't remember who) found the game and posted a link, within 2 days totally wiped out my bandwdth lol

whether people actually like the game i dunno, but it was quite flattering the amount of interest it recieved

on arriving here i found there is lots of like minded people so decided to stick around ;)

great site guys

AnimeEyes
03-01-2007, 02:02:39
I was surfing the internet and sort of came across gamershood. I am glad I did! I love gamershood. Its the 1st thing i check when I gett one my PC. THEN my email. Gamershood is the best site I seen by far! Love it, love it , Love it!

Pokka
03-07-2007, 02:44:42
I remember because first time to play riddle game..
"another riddle" something called that..
stuck on the level ..then google hope to find out solution
yay..at last found out gamerhood forum:)

met many friends here:P

Rannei
03-10-2007, 20:36:13
I used to play escape-room-games, so my cousin told me about gamershood. I got member just to get help and help other people with the games.
And it's only two days or so since I discovered the forum :boo:

Mcakkay
03-11-2007, 23:31:17
I started after playing the crimson room and viridian room games..although i didnt realise that there were such things as forums to help me solve the hard games. I beat those two completely by my self..but they got me interested in escape the room games and thats when i found more games and forums..when the third room, the blue room, came out I was getting use to cheating and found this site for help! after that i came here for more games..it wasnt till resently that i discovered the forum games but ever since i find that it is a huge addiction! I always wanna come back. by now i have played most of the games but the forum games are always changing so i can keep playing them. Thanks you to the creators of this site and everyone else involved!

Yorick
07-19-2007, 00:02:54
I came here... because... i needed some light in my life of sorrow and monotone. i had never actually been part of any other online forum. i was very deppressed after my brutha moved to Wyoming. i found gamershood and saw the forum, and if found beings that might be as Crazy as me. And so, ever since i joined, I've always hated leaving.

Clank
12-09-2008, 10:28:44
Ok Can i please ask a mod to make this a sticky, because i think it could be a really great thread :)

This thread is all about what made you join Gamershood, How you found the GH planet and What have you gained from Gamershood.

So I will share my story.

Before Gamershood I was a Human :P I walked the streets alone at night to find my true path. Then i saw a flashing lampost and all of a sudden out of nowhere came a robotic suit, i strolled over to it and touched it and it magically came onto my body, I was now a robot :D So i didnt fit in with all of the other humans so i came to gamershood, where i found people like me :D.

From gamershood, I have gained friends and a whole new life.

Carmit
12-12-2008, 05:27:05
i was just seariching chats and this came up so i singhed up and benn addicted ever since

Chocbubbles
12-12-2008, 05:34:36
i was searching on google for games and came across the site. it looked cool so i joined. i didn't go on it for a while after i registered and came back 6 months later i think. i didn't know it had the chat forums as i only looked on the front main page and played the games from there. i only discovered the forums several months ago :$ :shy: :D

1momomo124
12-21-2008, 04:14:27
i googled games one day and this came up. i played some games before i joined then i didn't come back for a year or so and decided to use my join up wisely and i'm hooked :P

dabontv
11-17-2015, 01:33:49
To play games of course :)

Yorick
03-06-2016, 08:49:25
To get in touch with something older. Things I've forgotten. Warm memories and a strong supply of ancient embarrassments. Feels like it was yesterday sometimes. Or yesterday's dream.