CDX: International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDX: International

CDX used to be a point-and-click adventure game made only avaliable for British users. Now it is finally on its own website and is avaliable for everyone!
    "CDX is a new point'n'click mystery from the BBC (only part 1 of 4 is currently available). The graphics, sound and production values are fantastic, and what's more you'll probably learn something about Romans while you are playing" - LazyLaces.com

http://cdx-thegame.com/
    Attached Files

The page seems to be down at the moment. It will be added later.

He who fights and runs away can run away another day.

Comment

thats funny I was just playing it

Comment

My browser says unable to connect. I will look into, maybe its my issue

Comment

Hmm, I can't connect to it either, it can't find the server and I'm using IE.
          Intelligent Supporter, Unimportant Sir ThemePark, Advanced Intelligence Robot & Son

We take care of all your robot needs.
          - If your harddrive crashes?

Call Backup.
          Or see Upstairs.

- If you need to get something copied?

Go see Neko, the copycat.

Comment

I used a proxy site and i was able to see the site. That means certain countries cant access to that site. Maybe the game is not "very international" or maybe they got some problems at the moment. Let this thread idle a bit and maybe they fix the problem(if there is any problem at all).

Comment

Well, it was a fun game...Maybe the server will be up later...

Comment

Lets hope so , or if it is not working later, then i will try to find a good proxy site that allows others to play this game too.

Comment

When I look at the pic I am quite sure that I have already played this game, but I am not sure it was here. Gonna check..

Edit: Yes I have played the first episode in September and then there were simular problems. If you click on "launch the game" at main page of the game you will get more information about this.
                  http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient..._gms_cdx.shtml

Note from the BCC for this game:
                  Please note: in order to be able to play this game you must launch the application from a UK-based computer, have a broadband internet connection (512K recommended) and have at least Flash Player 8 installed on your browser.

Edit2:
                  Allright maybe I am wrong about this but the game I was thinking of is also here:
                  http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2549

But the posted pic in this thread is exact the same as the pic I found on another site where this game (I had in mind) also has been submitted. Look for yourself:
                  http://nitro59.skynetblogs.be/post/3712477/cdx

When it turns out that I am indeed all wrong about this you may delete my post.
                  Last edited by Adventure; 02-07-2007, 02:41:37.
                  Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

This post is different Adventure...This CDX isnt just for the brits..This link is for people in other countries who can play CDX and isnt just restricted to brits to play...Thanks

Comment

I tried to launch CDX, here in the USA but I had to refresh the game once to get it to work at all. I then got the screen you see below. The white bar across changed to that color from a dark grey, but seemed to hang up at this point for me. I too agree that the BBC may have some things to work out to get it up & running.

I hope they can fix it. Maybe the fact that it started to load means they are getting closer.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by OneBun; 02-07-2007, 06:04:45. Reason: added image
                      Seeking Where My Alien & Mysterious Sis Has gone???
                      Looney GHer!

Comment

Thats so strange cause Im the only one who can get further into the game...Try deleting your cookies...Sometimes that works

Comment

Originally posted by MsInterpret
                          This post is different Adventure...This CDX isnt just for the brits..This link is for people in other countries who can play CDX and isnt just restricted to brits to play...Thanks
                          I see, that explains the "International". Thanks. But is it the same game or is this in fact a complete new game?

Btw now I got the same screen as OneBun.
                          Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adventure
                            I see, that explains the "International". Thanks. But is it the same game or is this in fact a complete new game?

Btw now I got the same screen as OneBun.

Same game, but now it's on its on anothe rweb site and another server so or people outsite of Britain can play it too

I been looking forward to this game since I'm in the states

Also its also a good thing if you have Broadband too

Comment

Loading problems

Actually, the game works now...

but if i want to take the passport (lower part of the book shelf) the game stucks...

the loading bar appears but nothing happens...

any1 got the same problem?

EDIT: same thing when i take the yellow book...
                              Last edited by Campisi; 02-07-2007, 15:37:59.
                              You shouldn't take life to seriously. You'll never get out alive

Comment

Working...
                              X