PDA

View Full Version : Strange Facts

Hitman
02-17-2007, 20:03:44
Time traveling:

Time travel is the concept of moving backwards or forwards to different points in time, in a manner analogous to moving through space. Additionally, some interpretations of time travel suggest the possibility of travel between parallel realities or universes.
You must have been wondering sometimes about Time Traveling!
Is it possible?
What would I do if I could time-travel?
We can talk about it here...
You can read a Time-Traveling article in Wikipedia by clicking here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_traveling).
You can post about Time-traveling,your theories etc etc...

Philadelphia Experiment:

The Philadelphia Experiment is alleged to be a secret experiment conducted by the U.S. Navy at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on or before October 28 1943, in which the U.S. naval destroyer USS Eldridge was rendered invisible to human observers for a brief period of time. It is also refered to as Project Rainbow.
You can read about Philadelphia Project by clicking here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Experiment).

Montauk Project:

The Montauk Project was purportedly a series of secret United States government projects conducted at Camp Hero and/or Montauk Air Force Station on Montauk, Long Island. It was claimed by a small number of conspiracy theorists to be secretly developing a powerful psychological war weapon. The Project is widely regarded by mainstream sources as fictional.
You can read about Montauk Project by clicking here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montauk_Project).

Teleportation:

Teleportation is the movement of objects or elementary particles from one place to another, more or less instantaneously, without travelling through space.
You can read about Teleportation by clicking here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teleportation)

If you realy want to discuss these with someone then this thread is the right place!
Comments,critics and anything else is accepted!
Happy Posting!

Update:

The Ancient Secrets of Levitation

Great stone structures and megaliths around the world stand as mysteries to how they were constructed. Is it possible their builders possessed the powers of defying gravity?[/COLOR] Read about it here. (http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa031901a.htm)

Maniac
02-19-2007, 08:16:10
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,momma im aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Hitman
02-19-2007, 16:39:36
lol, too bad no1's posting lol :S

doglover
02-19-2007, 16:56:08
Honestly, I don't really think time travel will ever be possible...
Though, if I was able to time travel, I would...hmm...I think I would just do nothing...
Imagine, if you would travel many years back, and live your life differently, you would probably never meet the person you love, or the person you hate...it would all be changed...
But it would be really nice to be able to time travel in specific situations...liiiiike...when you break a plate but you don't want your mom to find out :P Yeah, it would be nice :P

Hitman
02-19-2007, 16:59:39
Well yeah,that would be nice(what am I talking, that would be GREAT) but How about if you could go back in time and be the witness of many important happenings, read what wikipedia wrote about time traveling, it's somehow possible by traveling faster than the speed of life thro' a worm hole or something like that :P:P
I belive and I don't in time-traveling but I'm obssesed with it
You know what I think? I think what is happening now affects the future and there is no way you can go back to the past but I still don't know :S
As for the : You would never meet the person you love, I agree but not going in the past or in the future maybe you would never meet a person you'd like to spend some time chatting :D
edit: would you like to go to the future and see what future holds us or maybe the Global Warming tore us apart :S

Darknight
02-19-2007, 17:01:46
Well yeah,that would be nice but How about if you could go back in time and be the witness of many important happenings, read what wikipedia wrote about time traveling, it's somehow possible by traveling faster than the speed of life thro' a worm hole or something like that

Yeah but the faster you get towards the Speed of Light The more Mass is Distorted. It's impossible to reach the speed of light. E=MC2.

Hitman
02-19-2007, 17:09:18
Maybe @Darknight,all I'm saying is that it would be possible IF you traveled faster than the speed of light, even I don't realy know the Theory of Einstein about E=Mc2 that much ....

Look how fast is the speed of Light from earth to moon:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q5/haxxy06/600px-Speed_of_light_from_Earth_to_.gif

Chris-ov-Donny
02-20-2007, 20:10:55
I hope time travel will become possible but I have my doubts. I think it would be better not to go there in person but just to go back and watch yourself and relive the good times :D

Hitman
02-20-2007, 20:25:12
I realy hope so :)

Acelightning
02-21-2007, 07:44:43
Yeah but the faster you get towards the Speed of Light The more Mass is Distorted. It's impossible to reach the speed of light. E=MC2.
unless your a super hero like me:)

Maniac
02-22-2007, 08:40:48
time travel is not possible.

Hitman
02-22-2007, 17:43:04
unless your a super hero like me:)
Yeah,that would be very easy Ace :D

time travel is not possible,the thought is place silly,seriously,not probable.
Yes it is not possible, this is what I think: The only thing that exist is NOW becouse RIGHT NOW we are living it and there is no way going back
Tho there have been theories about traveling faster than the speed of lfie thru' Worm Holes or Black Holes it would be somehow possible , even I didn't read the whole artice I tok a look at main parts...

Maniac
02-23-2007, 15:23:04
yes,i do think that teleportation is possible, ie , going from one place to another.
This could be possible through distorting space,cuz we dont know much about the universe and the way its expanding means its creating space ie creating volume and mass.
Thus we can hope for something great.

Hitman
02-23-2007, 18:18:20
Yes , that is correct ... But importing protons from one place to another doesen't seem to be that inpossible ...

zillah0625
03-16-2007, 13:58:42
well all this impossible things your saying:)...will be possible in the future I hope :D...don't you think it's cool to teleport and timetravel..so scientist will and always will do experements like this..our technology will improve to make impossible things possible but it will make new questions in our minds that we can't answer and we humans will waste our life seeking for answers....
all we have to do is trust in God..he made the dead alive and he made the sea red...just think of all this things...man can't do this things only God can do this coz he can make the impossible possible! :smile:

bread
03-16-2007, 14:34:38
yes,i do think that teleportation is possible, ie , going from one place to another.
This could be possible through distorting space,cuz we dont know much about the universe and the way its expanding means its creating space ie creating volume and mass.
Thus we can hope for something great.

Apparently scientists used something or other (forget ^.^) and were able to transport a sound into 2 different places for like 0.000001 of a second.

And for time travel,someone could run into themselves,and that would create a paradox...which is bad...

Hitman
03-29-2007, 19:20:34
Apparently scientists used something or other (forget ^.^) and were able to transport a sound into 2 different places for like 0.000001 of a second.

And for time travel,someone could run into themselves,and that would create a paradox...which is bad...
Well, yeah... I checked YouTube and I saw a realy good vid. A Guy expleined the Philadelphia Experment, how it went wrong
You can hear about it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXKD8Nhe6Cw)

Hitman
05-06-2007, 17:49:02
Sorry, I had to make a new post to BUMP this thread

I think you all guys should check this page out: http://www.timetravelfund.com/

You're gonna ROFL :haha:!

Electrogirl
05-06-2007, 18:01:32
Haha that's silly :)

I don't think time travel is possible or ever will be. You can't just move through time...

Hitman
05-06-2007, 19:40:25
Electrogirl, you're a scientist, you should belive in these things :P
Well, I don't think it's possible my self, but with all those Worm Holes, Black Holes, that makes me reconsider it :D

Electrogirl
05-06-2007, 21:02:40
Hehe well i'm more of a chemistry/biology scientist than a physicist. But i don't really see how it's possible. :P

Hitman
05-08-2007, 17:07:27
Hehe well i'm more of a chemistry/biology scientist than a physicist. But i don't really see how it's possible. :P
You just wait and see. It will be possible ... some day :sad: (:P)

Hitman
05-21-2007, 16:53:59
This thread got realy old so I decided it needed an update

Time Travel claims:

Andrew Carlssin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Carlssin)

Chronovisor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronovisor)

Darren Daulton (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Daulton)

John Titor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor)

Time slipping:

A time slip (also called a timeslip) is an alleged paranormal phenomenon in which a person, or group of people, travel in time, without the aid of a time machine.

As with all paranormal phenomena, the objective reality of such experiences is disputed.

You can read about it here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_slip).

Gonna add more stuff soon . . .

amber
05-26-2007, 06:34:08
You know this is all very interesting and it is fun to think of these things and all the possible conspiracies going on at the same time. But if you ask me, that is all what they are - just conspiracies.

Conspiracy theories have several main points and basically all theories like this share them:
One aspect for example is the following:
There are individuals who claim to be very knowledgeable in the field and the only access to information that they will give you is mainly through the knowledge they have or someone else's experience.

For example, in that video with the youtube philly experiment, the man said that they change the codes every day and you need 48 hours to get the documents, by that time, they all have been changed. Therefore, he knows someone who knows CIA agents who gave the codes and he went to check it for himself.

In this way, he makes others dependent on his knowledge or of the knowledge "of a friend of a friend" etc. There is never a way to get the information on your own and the indefinite nature of conspiracy theories is what makes these the "conspiracy theories." It's a circular definition and you can't get anywhere.

Many of the theories that were talked about by people like Hawking most generally resulted out of finding an explanation for calculations that did not fit the general scheme of things. They came up with ideas such as worm holes and other phenomena to explain for other theoretical ideas. There are many things that start out as theories and I believe some people can take them too far.

Many of these theories are also fueled by "armchair" astrophysicists. Also, the deeper one goes into the conspiracy theories, the stranger and unrealistic the claims get. There are people making money off of many people who get too involved with these theories. Like that link that was posted to the travel fund - although we see it as a joke, there are many people who would treat it seriously.

I believe that it is enjoyable to think of these things, but personally, I don't find any practical basis in the theories :P

Hitman
06-04-2007, 20:02:52
Amber. You realy sound like a sceptic of the conspicaries but I don't blame you. I realy doubt them too but ... I'd love to see them happen :D

Anyway, it's time for an update. Check the first page :D

amber
06-05-2007, 03:38:30
That is very interesting RE: the levitation stuff. I'll have to go over it when I get a spare moment :P

I skimmed through it quickly and I read something about moving tons of stones. This video documents how a man can move a ton with a extremely simple device:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRRDzFROMx0

I know that people like the Mind Freak/Chris Angel guy try to make people believe that he also can levitate. The camera is always positioned behind him at a certain angle so that it doesn't show that he's only lifting up one leg and the heal of the other foot, but his toes stay on the ground.

There was also this other experiment that he did, but it actually was a dead give-away that he was using mirrors & it was proven also by looking closely at certain things in his "illusion." He was supposed to "disappear," but actually jumped behind the table & to hide him, there were mirrors. It's obvious that the spectators knew his "trick," were in on it, and pretended to be surprised. I'll have to find that video.

If he was using mirrors (which he was) then his "spectators" were definitely in on it too since in that actual context, it's impossible that the mirrors were put in the middle of the performance behind the table & they didn't notice.

But I still think there are a lot of unexplainable things. I'll look into that new thing you posted too! :)

sarathy
06-08-2007, 09:09:05
Nice links. Thanks for sharing them here. How ever did you get hold of these?

MountainDewMan
06-08-2007, 19:37:32
Did you know a catfish can swim upside down?

I believe I got that fact off the back of the Paradiso's kid sheet.

lol

Hitman
06-09-2007, 21:04:06
Nice links. Thanks for sharing them here. How ever did you get hold of these?
Oh, just simple net surfing :D Glad you like them :D Visit from time to time, I'm going to update it soon :D

@ Amber - ...but it doesen't mean if that person's trick was an illusion that they all are. When you read into the thing I posted, you may find a lot of ''unexplainable things''. :D

Themolestarted
06-26-2007, 07:07:37
Well yeah,that would be nice(what am I talking, that would be GREAT) but How about if you could go back in time and be the witness of many important happenings, read what wikipedia wrote about time traveling, it's somehow possible by traveling faster than the speed of life thro' a worm hole or something like that :P:P
I belive and I don't in time-traveling but I'm obssesed with it
You know what I think? I think what is happening now affects the future and there is no way you can go back to the past but I still don't know :S
As for the : You would never meet the person you love, I agree but not going in the past or in the future maybe you would never meet a person you'd like to spend some time chatting :D
edit: would you like to go to the future and see what future holds us or maybe the Global Warming tore us apart :S
Do you watch doctor who !?!?!?!?!?!?!? CAUSE YOU SOUND LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Hitman
07-05-2007, 16:19:53
Do you watch doctor who !?!?!?!?!?!?!? CAUSE YOU SOUND LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol :haha: Do you watch cartoons? :P

sum1
07-05-2007, 21:06:30
hey i was just reading then... it says time travveling is possible..but it has something to do with you boiling to death, gasping for air and being stretched metres and metres apart..scientists discovered th at it maybe can be done in black holes...wouldnt want to go in owuld you? lol

Hitman
07-06-2007, 19:57:41
That's true. Didn't understand it that well but I think going thru' a Worm Hole with the speed of light somehow you time travel. But what I remember is that traveling with the speed of light thru' space while tiying your shoe it will take 5 seconds. But when you return in the earth, the time has passed 200 years.

jenni.p123
07-31-2007, 22:26:11
That's true. Didn't understand it that well but I think going thru' a Worm Hole with the speed of light somehow you time travel. But what I remember is that traveling with the speed of light thru' space while tiying your shoe it will take 5 seconds. But when you return in the earth, the time has passed 200 years.

wow, really ? :o

Hitman
08-01-2007, 15:34:51
I read that somewhere. But I wish I was talking from experience :P

jenni.p123
08-01-2007, 15:38:41
ohh i thought it was your own experience :P :haha:

Razorsong
08-01-2007, 19:10:54
AHAHAH! Superhero.....

Hitman
09-14-2007, 10:05:51
Anybody any comments? It's been so long this thread is forgotten. :sad:

zillah0625
09-16-2007, 11:49:53
so what do you think of those exoplanets(small planets that can have life on it,there is a possibility that it can be our new earth)
here some articles about it:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6589157.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4089534.stm
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/super_earth_040825.html

dazedncrazed
09-16-2007, 16:55:08
wow.. that is very interesting - although I think humans are very niave to think that Earth is the only planet capable of harbouring life, so I very mush think it may be true... but I hadn't heard anything about it, so thanks for sharing that Zillah :) :hug2: I'll have to tell my boyfriend, he loves anything to do with space :)

ok, here's a couple of strang facts :D

A chocolate bar has on average 8 insect legs in it... euuugh :P

And the Cowardly Lions costume, in the wizard of oz was made from real lions :S

Hitman
09-16-2007, 19:32:04
Very interesting facts Dazed. :hug2: I think I'm gonna cut on chocolates for a while :P Keep them coming :D

Those were interesting Zillah. I think the scientist should do something about Global Warming soon or it's going to destroy us all. :sad:

tpittman-11
09-16-2007, 22:26:13
I think that if scientists DO find life on other planets, and try to communicate, it could start some kind of "War Of The Worlds" :P.Or we may give some kind of disease to them and they die out and we may never find any intelligent life again.Or, they may give us a disease and we may all die.I have a very active imagination, but I have given a lot of thoguht to life on other planets.Apparently, there used to be water on Mars.If there really was water there, could it be true that there is or was life on Mars? Also, what caused the water to dry up? Maybe we are getting close and closer to the sun everyday and we don't realize it.Also, in another 10 years or so, a rocket that scientists sent off 2 years ago, will land on Pluto.I am thinking that the rocket may never make it there though, because Pluto is said to be the "disappearing planet".

Global warming is very serious and scientists are predicitng that in 20-25 years, global warming will be at our fullest and the UV rays will break the the ozone layer and we will all burn to death.Yet, other scientists predict that in 20-25 years, we will have robots that will act just like humans.Why would the scientists work on all of this if they know it will all be destroyed? I am getting concerned about global warming because I am only 15, and I didn't get to live my life, and iff global warming ruins it I will be very sad :sad:.On the other hand, IF we all pitch in and stop Global Warming before it's too late, we may be able to get those robots.Also the movie that has came out recently, 'The Last Mimzy' has a story that says that in the future everything started dying because there was something in the past that they needed.So, could we be making a fatal mistake by using up all of our natural resources?

amber
09-18-2007, 07:00:08
:haha: I've heard of this too :P

zillah0625
09-19-2007, 13:00:13
And the Cowardly Lions costume, in the wizard of oz was made from real lions :S

eeewwww!!I love chocolates:(:(

poor lion:'(

Heartofthedark
09-19-2007, 15:50:12
I think that if scientists DO find life on other planets, and try to communicate, it could start some kind of "War Of The Worlds" :P.Or we may give some kind of disease to them and they die out and we may never find any intelligent life again.Or, they may give us a disease and we may all die.I have a very active imagination, but I have given a lot of thoguht to life on other planets.Apparently, there used to be water on Mars.If there really was water there, could it be true that there is or was life on Mars? Also, what caused the water to dry up? Maybe we are getting close and closer to the sun everyday and we don't realize it.Also, in another 10 years or so, a rocket that scientists sent off 2 years ago, will land on Pluto.I am thinking that the rocket may never make it there though, because Pluto is said to be the "disappearing planet".

Global warming is very serious and scientists are predicitng that in 20-25 years, global warming will be at our fullest and the UV rays will break the the ozone layer and we will all burn to death.Yet, other scientists predict that in 20-25 years, we will have robots that will act just like humans.Why would the scientists work on all of this if they know it will all be destroyed? I am getting concerned about global warming because I am only 15, and I didn't get to live my life, and iff global warming ruins it I will be very sad :sad:.On the other hand, IF we all pitch in and stop Global Warming before it's too late, we may be able to get those robots.Also the movie that has came out recently, 'The Last Mimzy' has a story that says that in the future everything started dying because there was something in the past that they needed.So, could we be making a fatal mistake by using up all of our natural resources?

tpitt its not 20-25 years its in 10 years we have to stop because once its past 10 years we can never go back

and about being scared and stuff all i can say to you is this:

Stop!

because there are already so many things being done right now or being built to do something and the scientists can handle it :P

so...

Live your life!

ignore the fear of global warming and live your life to the fullest, have fun and always smile

and trust me

things will get better :hug2:

Ryuzaki
09-21-2007, 01:57:07
amen to dat brudda.lol

here's a weird fact: We (being humans) are slowly losing our pinky toes each genration

Fish food is made from other fish

people (generally speaking) are greedy ba$terd$ who care more about them selves than the enviorment

and our mental stae is composed of the id, the ego, and the superego.

Purp
09-22-2007, 07:35:33
Going back to time travel, I'd like to go back to....oh, April? No March, and have Becky move to the United States so she can attend school without having to join the military.
Oh, and any member of the Isreali military who might see this, this is for you.
:box: :duel: :nud: :bur2: :frustrated: :pauk: Leave Eternal Becky Alone!!! Her Friends Miss Her A Lot!!!:mog: :pcsmasher :lam: :nono: :blue: :evil: :stop: :fingers: :head: :damncpu: :itchyscra
:smilie_re :yourock: :bouncie-smilie: :group-hug: :flower: :rose: :hug2: Your friends love you and miss you, Becky. You're in our prayers. :group-hug: :au: :hello2u: :flower: :rose: :hug2: :cat1: :doggie: :smallwolf: :meowns: :'( :angel: :au: :smilie_li

Gameguy49
09-22-2007, 13:46:06
I know this is not that weird,but:

"Rats live on no evil star" reads forwards and backwards.

Chewing gum while slicing a onion will not make you cry.

Orange AND silver aren't rhyming words.

Crimsonthread
09-22-2007, 14:00:24
I know this is not that weird,but:

"Rats live on no evil star" reads forwards and backwards.

Chewing gum while slicing a onion will not make you cry.

Orange AND silver aren't rhyming words.

Neither is purple.

Mcakkay
10-01-2007, 02:03:02
Well, yeah... I checked YouTube and I saw a realy good vid. A Guy expleined the Philadelphia Experment, how it went wrong
You can hear about it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXKD8Nhe6Cw)

haha one of the comments:
"I have also traveled through time. Here's how you can too. First grab a chair. Second sit down. Third wait. You are traveling forward in time one second per second. WOW."

haha..I thought it was funny..

Hitman
10-03-2007, 18:41:53
haha one of the comments:
"I have also traveled through time. Here's how you can too. First grab a chair. Second sit down. Third wait. You are traveling forward in time one second per second. WOW."

haha..I thought it was funny..
LOL :haha:

Hitman
12-17-2007, 21:38:25
-UPDATE-

The Power of Subconscious

THE POWER OF SUBCONSCIOUS
In order to make more money, we need to first understand the essence of money itself. Would you agree? I believe that money is matter not just pieces of paper or coins. Since it is physical matter, it should be handled according to principles of physics.

In physics, there's a law which states that any force in the universe has an equal and opposite counterpart.

If an object is applied force of equal magnitude from opposite directions, the object remains still. On the other hand, if one force is larger than the other, the object moves. Remember that money is matter. If you have a lot of money, it can be imagined that you are the stronger force between money and you. If you are often short of money, the opposite is the case.

So, I assume that your question for me now is how to strengthen the attracting force and weaken the repelling force. Correct?

The material world is created by thoughts. We are the results of our thoughts.

Everything starts with a thought. The clearer the thought and the image in your mind, the faster the goal is achieved.

When we have clearly defined our thoughts, resources come to us automatically. Our thoughts are divided into 2 parts - the conscious and the subconscious. The power of the subconscious mind is 30,000 times greater than the conscious mind. We should strive to stimulate our subconscious mind.

Our subconscious constructs anything we wish for into a perceived reality. The subconscious mind cannot distinguish between something real or vividly imagine. Once it perceives something as "real", it eventually becomes real. As long as the image perceived by the subconscious mind is clear, our mind immediately attempts to turn this image into reality. As soon as it is provided an image, the subconscious mind works to materialize it.

Everything in our daily lives is the reflection of our subconscious minds.

The thoughts and beliefs in your subconscious mind have made you who you are. If you want to alter your future path, you first need to alter your subconscious mind.

Remember that your life is the reflection of your subconscious mind. As soon as your subconscious thinking changes, your life changes with it. Your thoughts once get into your subconscious, decide your future. How do you enrich your subconscious mind, and thereby attract even greater wealth?

You must first have a dream board, and put your dreams onto it. Look at them daily until the goals are achieved. In the past, I have tried put photos of a Toyota, and then Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari, and finally Rolls Royce. Believe it or not, every car was eventually realized. It's just simply amazing; you must give it a try.

The second step is constantly telling your subconscious that you are getting richer and richer. Remind yourself all the time setting up in the morning, before going to sleep, even in the bathroom, and whenever there is a blank moment in your mind. The most important key is repetition. Every time you affirm your goals is like a turn of the wheel. The more you affirm, the more frequently the wheel is turned, the farther you go, and the faster the goal is achieved. I once made an audio tape of my goal, and

Repeatedly played it as a reminder. Within 6 months, my monthly income increased from US 17,000 to US170, 000, it's incredible. Many sales people whom I have trained asked me how to improve their sales. Their sales results, I answered, were the manifestation of their subconscious minds.

First of all, they would need to create a dream board. Secondly, look at the dream board constantly and repeatedly. I ask them that, if they read and look at their goals for 20 years, would they achieve their goals? They all say yes. So achieving goal is not a problem, the only question is time, and the diligence of the individuals of how many times they're willing to repeat and affirm.

The misfortune of a person is likewise the result of his/her subconscious beliefs.

All occurrences in our surroundings are the manifestations of our subconscious thoughts. We need to implant the desire for wealth deep in our subconscious, and let the power of the subconscious mind to realize our dreams. It is easy to incorporate images, words, and thoughts into your subconscious mind, as long as they are repeated frequently enough.

Upon waking up and going to sleep, you must fill your mind with thoughts of success and wealth. You must constantly remind yourself that you are becoming richer, your income continues to grow, and your savings are piling up. You must affirm to yourself the goals you have set, over and over again. The late giant of the steel industry Carnegie used to affirm his goals more than 1000 times a day. How about you?

Generally speaking, thirty days are required for the ideas to be fully incorporated into the subconscious. The more frequently you affirm your goals to yourself, the more receptive your subconscious mind is. Remember, however, that constant reinforcement is crucial even after the goals have been incorporated in the subconscious mind, otherwise the effects can decline quickly just like the atrophy of muscles. The training of the subconscious is the same as that of the mental muscles.

A person's words and thoughts are intimately associated. If you change the way you speak, your thinking changes as well. Never let negative thoughts out as words. Rather, always speak good things about yourself and others.

Remember always to continue earning money, continue giving back to the society, keep learning and helping others. Conrad Hilton, the hotel giant, once said that the secret of life is not what you own, but what you give.

You can do it!

Hitman
01-11-2008, 21:56:19
World Trade Center UFO

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/WTC_UFO/IMAG0005.GIF

Read about it here (http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/WTC_UFO.html).

someguy
01-24-2008, 23:29:03
Fact: this thread will die when people make crap up.

Hitman
02-23-2008, 22:15:42
Fact: this thread will die when people make crap up.

I'm not really sure what you meant with that?

Elni
02-24-2008, 00:23:23
Do we only write real strange facts or we can write our own ideas and humor it??/ :?

Heartofthedark
02-25-2008, 16:48:46
Real strange facts :)

ORIGINALSIN
03-02-2008, 17:41:49
Erm... strange fact...strange facts...let me get back to you - I know that I know loads of them but you know when you physically try to think of one you go blank...so watch this space

Hitman
03-02-2008, 19:26:06
Erm... strange fact...strange facts...let me get back to you - I know that I know loads of them but you know when you physically try to think of one you go blank...so watch this space

I understand you! :haha: That happens to me all the time! Okay, take your time...

@Elni
Heart is right. It's about real facts but if you want, you can post some humour.

Hitman
02-08-2009, 20:17:33
I think this thread should deserve a chance so...

BUMP! :P

Heartofthedark
02-09-2009, 17:00:03
(Don't know if it's been posted before or if they are true or anything but here's my attempt to revive the thread! :P)

Eskimos use refrigerators to keep food FROM freezing.
The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog”, uses every letter in the alphabet.
Average life span of a major league baseball is 7 pitches.
A 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is uncopyrightable.
The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year by the weight of books.
Nutmeg can extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.
The density of neuron star is 1.5 to 3 times of sun’s mass.
Almost 85% of the universe is a form of dark matter.
The first toilet ever seen on television was on “Leave It to Beaver”.
Only one person in two billion will live up to 116 of age.
200 companies contributing 29% to the world economy employs only 0.9% of the world’s work force.
98 tons of ore historic buried plant material is used to make one U.S gallon of gasoline.
An estimated 16,000 people worldwide are becoming infected with HIV every day.
Strong negative emotions lead to damage of immune system.
Due to pollution and overfishing, population of American, Asian and Europeans eels have declined up to 99%.
The dot over the letter “i” is called a tittle.
Neutrons have a life of 14 minutes outside the nucleus of an atom.
Only 22% of original forests on earth have remained.
There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple and silver.
Humans are the only primates having pigment in the palms of their hands.
On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.
Reno, Nevada is west of Los Angeles, California.
(Found by typing in strange facts on google: http://www.strangefacts.net/)

Hitman
02-09-2009, 19:40:43
Thanks Heart! I appreciate it! :D
The Eskimos fact made me laugh! :haha:

hotrodboy
02-15-2009, 18:30:33
<<CONTENT DELETED - Please do not post hurtful/offensive comments. ~ Moderation>>

Hitman
03-16-2009, 01:59:03
I wish I saw what you wrote! ;)

Snizzbut
03-16-2009, 21:12:09
I think time is kind of a wibbly-wobbly ball of timey-wimey...... stuff ;)

But seriously, some people think that time travel IS possible, but we'll only discover it in the future.
But think about it; if people (i.e. WE) in the future gain the ability to travel in time, why haven't we come back in time yet?

Surely they would send a visitor to greet us and chat/warn us of future events/tell us how to make a time machine to prevent a paradox cos thats how they found out?

Or even just send a researcher to find out what the past is like? (because its been so long they've forgotten or lost records of past history)

Our physics teacher told us this, what do you think?

Heartofthedark
03-18-2009, 01:00:55
I think time is kind of a wibbly-wobbly ball of timey-wimey...... stuff ;)

But seriously, some people think that time travel IS possible, but we'll only discover it in the future.
But think about it; if people (i.e. WE) in the future gain the ability to travel in time, why haven't we come back in time yet?

Surely they would send a visitor to greet us and chat/warn us of future events/tell us how to make a time machine to prevent a paradox cos thats how they found out?

Or even just send a researcher to find out what the past is like? (because its been so long they've forgotten or lost records of past history)

Our physics teacher told us this, what do you think?

I have thought about that and come to my own wierd answer that makes sense to me :haha:

Maybe there are millions of alternate universes for the single person that goes back in time and for everyone else so when that person goes back in time, they alter only theirs, and it wouldn't really make sense to go back in time because going back you would only revert to yourself at that time because two of you couldn't exist in the same universe so really your just re-living a time in your life, and if you were to do something differently, you wouldn't even know because you would just be you and not you from the future, you may have some sort of deja vu or something telling you not to do whatever or do whatever but you would not be aware or know everything that has happened in the future, but then that raises the question of what happens to FUTURE you, you can't just dissappear into nothingness and reappear later, maybe going back in time causes you to die when it comes to the time you went back in time to so it would explain the dissapearance

Well that's my confusing thoughts that probably only makes sense to me :haha: What's yours?

Hitman
04-10-2009, 21:31:00
@Snizzbut, I think that we could time-travel only as far as the point when we discovered time traveling, meaning we haven't done that yet. That'd make sense!

@Heartofthedark I completely agree with you on alternate universes. If you'd change something in the timeline then travel back into the future, then you'd be into an alternate unviverse with the changes you have done!

binkygg
04-11-2009, 10:05:42
For the time travel thing here's what I think:

the past, present and future exist at the same time because how do we know if someone is from the future but disguised or something because they can blend in because they know how to live in that era. woah alot of becauses:haha: okay alternate universes? yah i bet they exist too so thats cool! hehe:lol:

Hitman
04-15-2009, 12:27:46
UPDATE

All you conspiracy lovers out there, soon I'm gonna post the mother of all conspiracies, "The Illuminati". :P

leapfrog
05-19-2009, 05:58:32
I have a meeting in 1.5 hours and I am actually worried I might win 'Employee of the Month'. Which is unexplainable considering I spend 92% of my work time on GH. It's embarassing to talk about with anyone because I might not win (correction: I should not win!!) and I KNOW I don't deserve it. I have to make an acceptance speech I might just say what a load of $%& it is - and reveal myself as a lazy room escape addict. Luckily enough I work in sport so noone really cares if I do any work or not! Haha

EDIT>> I am concerned as a fellow GH member said we are all like 11 or 12? I'm 22? Please don't let me be the only "older" person on here! Maybe I'll make an adults only thread...

Chocbubbles
05-19-2009, 07:06:27
nah u are definitely not an 'older' person on here ;)
i'm 15 but there are quite a few people that are 20 and over :)

# About 8,000 Americans are injured by musical instruments each year.
# 95% of the creatures on earth are smaller than a chicken egg..
# One in three dog owners say they have talked to their pets on the phone.
# Only about 5% of people dream in color.
# 35% of people watching T.V. yell at it.
# One in seven Americans can’t locate the U.S. on a map.
# 13% of the letters in a given book are “e”.
# The average age kids begin to use a microwave is seven.
# The average American uses 730 crayons by the age of 10.
# The average sleeper rolls over 12 times in bed per night.
# The Pentagon uses an average of 666 rolls of toilet paper each day.
# Your left hand does an average of 56% of your typing.
# It takes an average person seven minutes to fall asleap on an average night.
# 85% of phone calls are conducted in the English language.
# The Earth is turning to desert at a rate of 40 square miles per day.
# 12% of U.S. businessmen wear their ties so tight that they restrict the blood flow to their brain.
# Nearly 6% of all marriage proposals are made over the telephone.

EscapeGirl
05-19-2009, 07:29:26
nah u are definitely not an 'older' person on here ;)
i'm 15 but there are quite a few people that are 20 and over :)

# One in seven Americans can’t locate the U.S. on a map.

Yeah, I'm definitely over 20. :shy: :P

And about that fact...you have GOT to be kidding. Please, oh PLEASE, say that's not true! :meowns: :P

Chocbubbles
05-19-2009, 07:54:14
lol yeah, but ur not that old :P

ok here's a couple more:

Less than 5% of the population of New Zealand is human - the rest are animals, giving one of the highest ratios of humans to animals in the world. :o

Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.

i like this one the best ;) :
If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.

EscapeGirl
05-19-2009, 08:15:34
Thanks for making me feel better, dear. :P :hug2:

I've heard that last one before - about the statue. Interesting. :)

leapfrog
05-20-2009, 03:22:51
'Reality, as we sense it, is not quite real. The stars we see in the night sky, for instance, are not really there. They may have moved or even died by the time we get to see them. This unreality is due to the time it takes for light from the distant stars and galaxies to reach us. We know of this delay.
Even the sun that we know so well is already eight minutes old by the time we see it.'

Author: Manoj Thulasidas
Source: Perception, Physics and the Role of Light in Philosophy

otakette
05-22-2009, 20:19:11
i noticed that no one posted about 2012. to combine that with alternate universes, i think that in 2012 maybe we'll connect w/an alternate universe...:shy: i know that sounds kind of crazy but yeah. what's even weirder than that is that i graduate in 2012...:o

leapfrog
05-25-2009, 07:09:39
That is the year the world is meant to end.

Hitman
06-15-2009, 21:43:52
@Chocbubbles

Thank you for posting those! I loved them all, especially the "talking with your pet on the phone" one! If you have some more, please share them! :panda2:

@Otakette

I was gonna post soon something about "The Illuminati" and the year 2012! I don't really see the connection about the 2012 and the alternate universes! :?
I have come across alternate universes theory many times reading some time travel articles! So, I'm gonna post about them aswell!

Justeazy
06-16-2009, 05:18:41
@Hitman: I'd love to talk time travel theories with you!

FUN FACTS:
There are over 58 million dogs in the U.S! :)

Dogs and cats consume over $11 billion worth of pet food a year! :kittyhugs:

Fingernails grow nearly 4 times faster than toenails! *clip clip*

Humans blink over 10,000,000 times a year!

In the year 2000, Pope John Paul II was named an "Honorary Harlem Globetrotter."! **They did a futurama episode, and spoofed this moment**

Every second, Americans collectively eat one hundred pounds of chocolate *Mmmm....*

A fetus develops fingerprints at eighteen weeks!

The fear of vegetables is called Lachanophobia! ***I may have that... lol, jk***

There are approximately fifty Bibles sold each minute across the world!

Every year, kids in North America spend close to half a billion dollars on chewing gum!

An earthquake on Dec. 16, 1811 caused parts of the Mississippi River to flow backwards!

A person uses approximately fifty-seven sheets of toilet paper each day! :o?

Honolulu is the only place in the United States that has a royal palace!

One gallon of used motor oil can ruin approximately one million gallons of fresh water! :(

More money is spent on gardening than on any other hobby!

In 32 years. there are about 1 billion seconds!
***My own calculations 4 years ago: 1 billion seconds = 31 years 8 months 1 week 5 days 1 hour 5 minutes 16 seconds***

Rice paper does not have any rice in it!

Baby robins eat 14 feet of earthworms every day!

In England, in the 1880's, "Pants" was considered a dirty word!

Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin! (ewww... :sick:)

The blesbok, a South African antelope, is almost the same color as grapejuice!

The average person laughs 13 times a day!

Dogs can hear sounds that you cant! (duhh)

Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than women! (gulp)

It is estimated that millions of trees in the world are accidentally planted by squirrels who bury nuts and then forget where they hid them! lol

Ernest Vincent Wright wrote a novel, "Gadsby", which contains over 50,000 words -- none of them with the letter E! (Not to be confused with "The Great Gadsby"

Of all the words in the English language, the word set has the most definitions!

A toothpick is the object most often choked on by Americans!

Every 45 seconds, a house catches on fire in the United States!

The sun is 330,330 times larger than the earth!

The most used letter in the English alphabet is 'E', and 'Q' is the least used!

There are more than 50,000 earthquakes throughout the world every year!

The original name for the butterfly was 'flutterby'!

Dogs and cats, like humans, are either right or left handed... or is that paws?!

The opposite sides of a dice cube always add up to seven!

Nose prints are used to identify dogs, just like humans use fingerprints!

Bulls are colorblind, therefore will usually charge at a matador's waving cape no matter what color it is -- be it red or neon green!

Apples are more efficient than caffeine in keeping people awake in the mornings!

Smelling bananas and/or green apples (smelling, not eating) can help you lose weight!

A hard working adult sweats up to 4 gallons per day. Most of the sweat evaporates before a person realizes it's there, though!

The average ice berg weighs 20,000,000 tons!

The poison-arrow frog has enough poison to kill about 2,200 people!

A lump of pure gold the size of a matchbox can be flattened into a sheet the size of a tennis court!

After eating, a housefly regurgitates its food and then eats it again!
~StrangeFacts.com