This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whispers in Akarra

Spinoff of the original Whispers in Akarra by J Bergensten. It's a retro 2 dimensional orpg.

It's still in development in the sense that only part of the map has been mapped but even so there's an awful lot of playing that can be done.

Good fun and a (for the most part) really nice bunch of people.

Can be downloaded (free of course) at http://www.apocsakarra.tk/

Doesn't cost a thing but I don't recommend playing without broadband!

See you there!

Cwlhwch/Qilliliaq

Originally posted by aker
    Spinoff of the original Whispers in Akarra by J Bergensten. It's a retro 2 dimensional orpg.

It's still in development in the sense that only part of the map has been mapped but even so there's an awful lot of playing that can be done.

Good fun and a (for the most part) really nice bunch of people.

Can be downloaded (free of course) at http://www.apocsakarra.tk/

Doesn't cost a thing but I don't recommend playing without broadband!

See you there!

Cwlhwch/Qilliliaq
    That is a player-hosted server of an obsolete version of Whispers in Akarra, Alpha 1, that does not have the ability to edit the game's programming. The continued development of the actual game is at http://www.akarra.com/ which continues beyond Alpha 1.

Comment

It may have the ability to edit the game's programming but the programmer/host doesnt program or update much. Also, the community isnt as friendly as Apocs Server, this post is prove enough of that.

Comment

Regarding that post: Vaelrith was the only person wronged of the five I was accused of alienating. The four other people didn't have a problem with me. I made that apology only because of Veneficus's assumptions.

I might as well tell everyone about how Apocalypse, owner of Apoc's Akarra, philanders with his players' wives over webcams. Or scapegoats individuals, blaming them for the near-termination of his project when his own philandering was to blame. Or perhaps how he rampantly spams other Akarra projects. Better yet, running a script intent on crashing their websites, sucking bandwidth with perpetual mock-downloads.

However, I take back what I said. No Akarra community, especially not either of the two mentioned above, is a friendly place. A good game has been ruined at the hands of amateurs. The people who run and ran the continuations of Akarra have not a fragment of the morality, skill and professional conduct that the original project founder, Jens Bergensten, had. There were some skilled people (Felicia, Braiba, Talonz, Luna, Miklotov) taking it up, but the leadership was always flawed.

Here's my tip: If you're looking for an Akarra project to play, don't. It has become a 'lesser of three evils' situation; one is better off playing a different game.

And right now, Apoc's Akarra is at least playable. The canonical continuation has lost Felicia and Miklotov; and is continuing its development 'underground', spreading simultaneously rumors of success and pitfalls.

If anyone wants a copy of the Alpha 2b Server, Client or Area Editor
        (All of which are more advanced than the Alpha 1 software)
        I am willing to distribute them AND fully explain their changes.
        This includes the Alpha 2 graphics, which are stolen from Daria's abandoned Akarra Engine work. For proof, see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBbxx-InEh8
        If you are interested in the Whispers in Akarra Alpha 2b software, content, or graphics; e-mail me at words_of_stone13@hotmail.com

(Do I have permission to give out the A2b software? Yes. Veneficus told me that he does not care what I do with any of the project's work as it is being discarded for the new project.)

Comment

When i made my previous post, it was for the purpose of letting everyone know the difference in friendliness between the two communities and i believe i proofed that at the time because the community in apocs server was friendlier at the time of my previous post and STILL is friendly.

I might as well tell everyone about how Apocalypse, owner of Apoc's Akarra, philanders with his players' wives over webcams. Or scapegoats individuals, blaming them for the near-termination of his project when his own philandering was to blame. Or perhaps how he rampantly spams other Akarra projects. Better yet, running a script intent on crashing their websites, sucking bandwidth with perpetual mock-downloads.
          Even if those accusations are true, they are irrelevant to this topic and my previous post for the following reasons:

when you go to apocs akarra community, no one ever mentions about Apocalypse's "so called Philandering" because he most likely doesn't do it. And even if its true, no one would know about it because Apocalypse keeps his personal life to himself WHICH would contribute to the community's overall friendly atmosphere.

About the accusation of scapegoating individuals, like the previous statement, no one ever mentions about that because its probably not true. And just like in the previous statement, even if its true, no one would know about that because of Apocalypse's intention to keep his personal life private which contributes to his community's peaceful atmosphere.

Even if the accusations of spamming other akarra projects or running naughty scripts is true, its irrelevant to say that in this topic because it has nothing to do with his project or his community.

No Akarra community, especially not either of the two mentioned above, is a friendly place.
          I have already proven why Apocs Akarra community is friendly.

A good game has been ruined at the hands of amateurs. The people who run and ran the continuations of Akarra have not a fragment of the morality, skill and professional conduct that the original project founder, Jens Bergensten, had.
          I don't know about the other akarra projects and its developers but Apocalypse is no amateur. His project has been running since October of 2005 because the design has been very satisfactory to his players. You just don't agree with his design style. As for Jens morality, do you know enough of Jens personal life to make such a claim?

Here's my tip: If you're looking for an Akarra project to play, don't. It has become a 'lesser of three evils' situation; one is better off playing a different game.
          This statement is not very informative, its only said out of personal preference.

And right now, Apoc's Akarra is at least playable.
          Your right, it is at least playable because the project has been satisfactory to play for years now. The server has been opened since October 2005. So if you have never played Whispers in Akarra or at least not played Apocs Akarra then it is worth checking out. The site is still at http://www.apocsakarra.tk/

If anyone wants a copy of the Alpha 2b Server, Client or Area Editor
          (All of which are more advanced than the Alpha 1 software)
          I am willing to distribute them AND fully explain their changes.
          This includes the Alpha 2 graphics, which are stolen from Daria's abandoned Akarra Engine work. For proof, see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBbxx-InEh8
          If you are interested in the Whispers in Akarra Alpha 2b software, content, or graphics; e-mail me at words_of_stone13@hotmail.com
          Or you could download the Alpha 1 softwares along with the Server source code and Editors source code from http://akarra.net/download/ and customize them the way you want with programming.
          Last edited by Freez; 07-01-2008, 07:56:11. Reason: Forgot to quote something

Comment

Thread locked by moderation, a decision will be taken after investigating this issue.

GamersHood Forums should not be made a platform for ongoing arguments.

Comment

Working...
            X