Help needed for Riddles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed for Riddles

ok so in freewebs i am trying to make a new riddle and i dunno how to get the levels to change.....ie when you type the answer.htm it should take you to a different page but i cant get it to work....anyone help?
    Try my first Riddle
    www.freewebs.com/nickyedin

first 10 to finish - Derevko, HJMUM, vivi, Hurleyup, doughnut2, JULESMCT

You need to make different pages (HTML files) with those names, e.g.

start.hm (main page)
    level1.htm (level 1)
    apple.htm (answer to level 1)
    banana.htm (answer to level 2)

Comment

thanks Mistery but i tried that and it aint working - do i need to link them in any way or will it do it automatically?
      Try my first Riddle
      www.freewebs.com/nickyedin

first 10 to finish - Derevko, HJMUM, vivi, Hurleyup, doughnut2, JULESMCT

Comment

Well, just a basic question: Does the player have to enter the answer in the URL or in a kind of form on the page?

If the player has just to change the URL, there is no need to link the pages.

Have you been able to make different pages?
        If so, what happens if you test it, and enter the URL of the next level?

Comment

Originally posted by Nickynack
          thanks Mistery but i tried that and it aint working - do i need to link them in any way or will it do it automatically?
          You don't need to link the pages. You just name the page as the answer to the appropriate level should be. And if they are smart and lucky they will get it right.
          You could test it your self.
          Happy endings are just unfinished stories...

PandaMan

Elite member of the Looney Bin with ex wife "SimplyCrazy" and on-line kids "Wirodeu, Bread ...and Rannei"

sigpic

Comment

how do u make a riddle im confused

Comment

You need to create different pages that contain your riddle levels.

For example create a page called start.htm or start.html that contains the start page (Welcome to my riddle.....).
              Then create a page called e.g. level1.htm or level1.html that contains your first level.
              After that you make a page with the name of the solution of level 1. For example if the solution for level 1 is "apple", then create a page that is called apple.htm or apple.html, and write the riddle of level 2 on that page.

Comment

sorry my computer wont let me popup blocker or sumthing

thank you but every time i create a page you have to click on one of the side buttons for the riddle instead of it just being there.. like you would have to click the name of the riddle by the home tab and the guestbook tab

Comment

It seems that links are created automatically.
                  Edit the page and take out the links.

Comment

ok thx ill try that hopefully it will work

Comment

i sound dumb but how do u take it off

Comment

What do you mean by taking it off
                        If you mean the links, you need to click on edit, and edit the page. You have to delete all the links to other pages in the source, and then save the page.

Comment

o ok thx that makes alot of sense now
                          and also when i put the mouse on the paragraph it lights up and makes this big box around it

what is a widget?

i dont get it but thanks anyway for your help
                          Last edited by Mistery; 06-24-2007, 07:12:56. Reason: Merged posts

Comment

Well, I'm not familiar with making riddles on Freewebs, therefore I would suggest you to look around which member has made a riddle there, and send a PM with your questions

Comment

how do u send a pm?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by colbymichael; 06-24-2007, 21:06:38.

Comment

Working...
                              X