The donorshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The donorshow

Yes, the donorshow. A sensitive issue lately, but I was really very curious about what you guys think of it.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about:
    There has been a 'donorshow' on dutch television where a woman who was dying, gave away one of her kindneys. She first selected 3 people out of 22 (or something like that) and then she had to select one, to give her kidney to. She wanted to help someone before she died. So, ofcourse, a lot of people were astonished by the fact that there was a shَw about it, they thought it was inappropriate and inhuman.

But: It all turned out to be fake! It was set up by BNN to try to make people pay more attention to the fact the Netherlands have way too little donors. And that worked, about 10.000 people (I think) asked for a form to become a donor, as a result of the show.

I'm only 15 years old, but I've been a donor for about 3 years now. I think it was a good idea, everyone has seen what a huge problem it is. The only thing I'm having trouble with is the fact that it had to come this far. The fact that only gouvernment-campaigns weren't enough for people to become aware of the fact we're short of donors.

So, what do you think? You still think it was a stupid idea? To first try to manipulate everyone and then tell it's all a joke? Or do you think it was a good idea?
    Dream as if you'll Live forever, Live as if you'll Die today

Ubi Gamershood, Caritas et Amor ibi est

Member of CST-Experiments team: Science Stable Supervisor !

With online mom Lilli and sisters EscapeGirl and Doglover!

Working...
X