View Full Version : Kafkamesto

GamersHood
11-22-2005, 20:24:09
Link:

http://abc.net.au/gameon/kafkamesto/game/default.htm

Point and click adventure game.

Noortje
11-22-2005, 20:54:06
Yeah!!!! I'm first!! And I suck at this game.
The only thing I can do is open 3 drawers.

Unregistered
11-22-2005, 20:58:57
2nd!!

I have found an item where i can put all my things.. But we are limited in the quantity!!

And can we combine two items?? How??
So difficult...

Unregistered
11-22-2005, 21:04:17
I'm confused, I've met the landlady and the women whos mail I have, but I can't pick anything up or keep anything or use them with each other

Unregistered
11-22-2005, 21:07:15
after you meet the landlady, you can go down the stairs and out to the street. After that, I'm lost.

Unregistered
11-22-2005, 21:10:29
Where is item? inventory?

Norway
11-22-2005, 21:24:40
What item and where are the tingy you can have other items in?

Unregistered
11-22-2005, 21:27:15
i ended up finding a doctors office and i turned into a Cockroach! weird

smjjames
11-22-2005, 21:28:04
I thought Kafka was supposed to be black (I mean in the generic term of ppl of african ancestry). but ok...

trinity_enigma
11-22-2005, 21:47:35
been to my lawyers and spent all my money there. Now I've been to a bar and a graveyard

Very confused. Does anyone know what to do??

Unregistered
11-22-2005, 21:49:07
You need the briefcase from your room to be able to hold items, although not many.
I found his place of work ..

Unregistered
11-22-2005, 21:54:58
I lost most of my inventory talking to the pharmacist, because I had no idea what to do after I showed him the medicine... now I don't know if I needed it somewhere else.

Also, the guard at the gate told me that i could go in if I needed the law, then i gave him a letter and he said that it was just what he needed, but then I still couldn't get in.

Unregistered
11-22-2005, 21:57:52
I have "visited" all the places, and I'm in front of the castle, but the guard said that i have to have the agreement of the Law.
I have found the office of the avocate, but she told me that she doesn't have times to receivde me!!

Unregistered
11-22-2005, 22:03:08
I visited the advocate but he asks if i've read any good books .. i gave him one but he said he'd read it ..

Unregistered
11-22-2005, 22:13:23
Give her money. You can find the money in the closet in his room nr. 9

Unregistered
11-22-2005, 22:33:59
I found the castle and the guard stopped me from passing until I get addmittance from the law. So I thought that A bribe would work and I gave him the money that I got from my room. He took it but still didnt let me pass. So I gave him everything I had in my case. He took everything even the stupis mug. Still wont let me pass. Did I lose all my sh*t now? b*stard Guard!!!!

Unregistered
11-22-2005, 22:43:36
Kafka wasn't black...he was a russian or german writer. He wrote a book about this guy that turned into a cockroach. We had to read it in my college World Lit class. It sucked lol.

I'm having problems with this game. rawr.

Unregistered
11-22-2005, 23:04:01
I visited the advocate but he asks if i've read any good books .. i gave him one but he said he'd read it ..

where did you get the book from?

Unregistered
11-22-2005, 23:19:45

where did you get the book from?

Unregistered
11-22-2005, 23:41:20
Dont know where this game is leading but it seems interesting enough. The only thing that really Fking sucks about it is that if you give something to somone that youre not supposed to you lose it and you have to start all over again cause you dont have it anymore to use it where you have to use it.
Has anyone else noticed this?!?!?? I think the maker of this game did this on purpose to make it tougher but its stupid. ****Note to Author or game!!! Next time make it so that we can actually get the things back without having to start over!!!****

Unregistered
11-22-2005, 23:41:37
Dont know where this game is leading but it seems interesting enough. The only thing that really Fking sucks about it is that if you give something to somone that youre not supposed to you lose it and you have to start all over again cause you dont have it anymore to use it where you have to use it.
Has anyone else noticed this?!?!?? I think the maker of this game did this on purpose to make it tougher but its stupid. ****Note to Author or game!!! Next time make it so that we can actually get the things back without having to start over!!!****
Is anyone getting anywhere?

mybdgift
11-23-2005, 01:27:35
Someone tell me how to get out the front doors!!!!!! please

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 01:54:25
If you are in the original room and are looking at the desk... look just to the left of the lamp and you will see something. Click on it and it is a key. I now have to figure out what it goes to. To get outside, click on the door of your room. Go out into the hall and talk to anyone there. Scan to the right and click on the stairs. It will show you a picture of stairs, click on it. When you are downstairs you can click on the front doors and leave.

yagovaggo
11-23-2005, 04:09:37
*** it may be easier to print this and play...up to you***

In the first room take the letters from the night stand, the money from the closet the knife from the desk and the time card (the paper with the dots on it) in the drawer in the desk (its under the papers), and the bottle from under the bed. Look out the window. Click on the guys looking at you. There will be a knock on the door, open it and talk to the guys. (They said you have committed a crime and should go to the Magistrate. I havent been able to figure out what they are talking about). Leave room talk to whomever. go downstairs. put hanging phone back on hook, it will ring. pick it up... its your office telling you to go to work ASAP. before you leave the building go right towards the mailboxes and talk to the chick from apt 6. After she leaves go to her mailbox and take out the letter that is in there. Its addressed to Joseph but its for apt 9 which is your apt. Click on the upper right corner of letter and read it. Drop it after you read it cause you dont need it anymore. ( im guessing) now put the letters you got from your drawer in her mailbox and close it. You could have figured that out for yourself though.
leave. Outside you will find those guys again. talk to them again.. they will just remind you to go to the Magistrate and you tell yourself to find the Advocate. Go to the Castle. Its not hard to find. Once there the guard prohibits you to pass and tells you seek admittance to the law. (** very important*** The first time I tried to Bribe him with the money and he just took it and still didnt let me in. If you do this you will lose your money and will have to start from the beginning. This goes for anything else you try to give anyone else that you are not supposed to give. So becareful who you give what to or else its back to the beginning cause you will be stuck. THATS THE ONLY THING THAT THOUGHTLESS ABOUT THIS GAME) Back to game.....
Go to your job. Look around for it... its a brown building on the right side of some street. Its the one with the big lobby. Ill leave that up to you to find. once in the lobby click on the time clock and use the time card. after you insert it you will be able to go into the middle double doors. from the balconys veiw, you will have to find your desk. (good luck, its there somewhere) Once at your desk read your journal... Its not that long. Take the appointment card towards the end of the journal. close journal. Take the yellow envolope. Now try to open the drawer on the right side. Its stuck. You need something to unjam it (Ill let you figure that part out. Not very hard to figure out :D ) after you open Take the ticket. Now open the left Drawer. Look through the folder. one section has some post cards and the other has some papers, one if which is your workers comp application. ( I left it because I dont know yet where to use it.) leave your work. Find the doctors office. (Again Ill leave the searching to you.... its pretty tough to find but you will eventually). talk to the receptionist and give her your appointment card. Go see your doctor. He will ask you for your Xrays.... Give him the yellow envolope and then he will give you a prescription. (Take it and leave Fast before he decides to cut you open or something... Scary place). Now you need to find the pharmacy. Give the Prescription to the Pharmasist and he will tell you that there have no more bottles to fill your order. Give him the bottle you took from the room. Take your pills. (havent figured out how to comsume them yet, if anyone does.... let us know :) ) Before you leave the pharmacy take the Help wanted notice posted on the wall on the left. (you can use it later). Leave. Now you have to find the Factory if you havent yet. Once there click on the door in the background in the right. Take a peek through the keyhole. The boss is harrassing your girl! You get upset and he hears you and blocks your veiw. Leave to door and go to the left... Melina will be there. Talk to her. She is miserable and wants to leave that place. Give her the Help wanted notice and be amazed at her reply. Leave. Now lets go to find the Advocate. He is near the doctors office. Ring the bell when the girl comes she will say that the Advocate is busy and seeing him doesnt come cheap. Give her the money from your closet. She will now let you in. MONEY TALKS!!! Go in and see the fat blob. Talk to him... he will ask you if you have read any new books lately. (Im stuck here. someone previously posted that they had a book and gave it to him but he already read it. but I havent had any luck finding any books myself) You cant really do anything else here. Leave. Go back to your room and take the Mug from the back Bureau. Then take the small key on the window sill. (Its small but its there)
Now go to the trainstation (its near the Factory)........ Once there approach the window. The ticket guy will tell you that the train is about to leave and is out of tickets and slams the window shut in your face. Try to go through the turnstyle the guard will not allow you. Giving him the ticket you got from your desk at work wont work......
Good Luck..... this is as far as I have been able to get.... dont know what the key is for yet and I dont know where to get books from...... Now that I have written this walkthrough I can get back to the game...... :D .

Falcon0529
11-23-2005, 06:11:57
I found a key near the window frame. I dont know what its for. I have done everything I can think of. Im still stuck in the building. I did the letters thing. Talked to everyone I came across. Did the phone. Saw the guys from the window and talked to them.. I still stuck. Whats up???

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 06:57:40
I turned into a g*ddam**d cockroach!!!!!

Then it asks if I'd like to return as a mole!!! I was finally getting somewhere!!!! *head explodes*

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 07:48:45
Screw this stupid game. Has too many bugs.

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 09:07:58
A tip: At the very beginning of the game, DON'T click on the lobby phone until after you have placed the letters in mailbox number 6. When you click on the phone, the Frau will appear and invite you up to her room instead of yelling at you. Once in her room, DON'T click on any underwear. You can turn on the phonograph, get the arm from under the bed, and get a letter from the bedside drawer, but if you click on her panties she will kick you out.

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 09:57:24
Expansion on the last post: if you give the arm (from under the frauline's bed) to the bartender, you will gain access to another room w/ Herr Schmetterling (next to the piano player, on his right). You must give him the worker's comp form from your desk drawer, and then you can get a bottle of liquor from the barkeep on your way out. (An envelope you find in her room also has his name on it but I didn't try giving that. Also, could maybe give arm to guy at doctor's office? But I haven't tried that either...)

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 15:00:40
I found four books in the Advocates office by slowly moving the mouse around all the piles and shelves of books. I gave them to him and he just said he already read them.Very frustrating ! Anyone know what book to give him?

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 15:01:52
Expansion on the last post: if you give the arm (from under the frauline's bed) to the bartender, you will gain access to another room w/ Herr Schmetterling (next to the piano player, on his right). You must give him the worker's comp form from your desk drawer, and then you can get a bottle of liquor from the barkeep on your way out. (An envelope you find in her room also has his name on it but I didn't try giving that. Also, could maybe give arm to guy at doctor's office? But I haven't tried that either...)

don't give him the envelope !!!

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 15:02:51
Kafka wasn't black...he was a russian or german writer. He wrote a book about this guy that turned into a cockroach. We had to read it in my college World Lit class. It sucked lol.

Franz Kafka (1883-1924) was a jewish author living in Prague (Czecho-Slovakia). In one of his most famous novels, The Trial, he writes about Josef K. who was arrested early one morning without knowing that he had done anything wrong. Josef K. roams endless corridors in search for help. Franz Kafka's authorship is very much about man's life in an absurd society where he lives in anticipation of judgement without knowing whether it will be ruthless or merciful.
Maybe this is a clue somehow to this game?

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 16:20:31
where is the doctors i can't find it any where!!!

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 16:41:14

He was a Czech writer living in Prague. This is where the story takes place.

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 16:56:08
where's the suitcase to put all of the things?? i cant find it...

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 16:59:06
There are differents ways to finish the game, but only one is the good one...
You have to find the way to go to Argeles (the place you can see in the picture you found in your room or at the travel agency). I mean by train. You can find your ticket in your office. Actually as the guard said, he doesn't want to let you go because of your health, so you have to feel better. See the doctor, take the prescription, go to the pharmacy and give the guy your prescription and the bottle you found in your bedroom. Take back the bottle and click on the cap. After that, you can go to take the train...

It was really hard to find the good way, but a good game where you can find Kafka's world..

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 17:28:20
could somebody please explain the way to the doctors. I have been looking for an hour!

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 17:50:16
i cant even get out of first room! help anyone?

please???????????? anyone?????????????????

2 hrs now, Anyone??

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 18:54:47
You need the breifcase, its in the room though I dont remember where, just click around you should find it. collect some stuff, click the window and then your door.

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 19:55:04

All of you are so stupid or something. Franz Kafka wasn?t black or Russian. He was from germany, but he was Jewish and lived in Prague in Czechoslovakia( if you didn?t know). He wrote german. Didn?t you learn about him in school??????

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 21:40:59
Hello. We are from a Spanish Game Forum and we had solved this game.
First we need a medication because we are sick:
- Take the suitcase next to the chair from the writing-desk. Open the drawer of the writing-desk and take the work-ticket to file in the work.Take the bottle that there is underneath the bed. **
- Go towards the work and you put the work-ticket in the machine to file. Go to your desk-office and take a yellow archive, that is the ray-X. Look at the diary and when you are passing the pages, you will find a ticket from the doctor. Take it.
- Go to the consultation of the doctor and use the ticket to the nurse. You pass to the consultation and use the ray-X to the doctor. It will give a prescription to you. *
- Go to the pharmacy and take him the prescription and the bottle to the pharmacy man. Take the bottle that a medicine has inside and open the bottle and drink.
Now we need to take the ticket to take the train and to escape:
- Take the knife of the room.
- Go to the office and use the knife in the drawer of the right. Take ticket of the train.
- Go to the station and when you passed through the barrier, use the ticket to the station master and.... Happy end.
NOTES:
*?WHERE IS THE CLINIC? When you are at the outside near from the work door, go to the up rigth (when it appears a hand and near from the work door like a grey door) and now you are in front of a lot of pictures and there is 2 grey doors, take the left door and now you are at the clinic.
**?HOW CAN I GET OUT FROM MY HOUSE? First we need to look at the window and there are 2 men and if you click on them, they go up and call you at the door. Open the door, and they will say you than you are involucrate in a crime. Next take the suitcase and the letters from the slepping-desk. Go down and put in the letters in the post case. Use the phone and it will appears a young ladie who tell you thanks and invite you to go up to her house. Go to her house and put on the music, take the letter from the sleeping desk and take an arm from underneath the bed. Now go out and use again the phone. NOW YOU CAN GO WITH THE REST OF THE HISTORY.

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 22:02:22
Can someone please tell me why there are so many things to this game when all you have to do to escape is go to the Dr. get well and board the train?
What about Melina and mr. Herr shernwhatever and the rest. dont they matter?

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 22:48:19
Can someone please tell me why there are so many things to this game when all you have to do to escape is go to the Dr. get well and board the train?
What about Melina and mr. Herr shernwhatever and the rest. dont they matter?

Because they want u know how terrible his life was. If u read his journal, u may notice that all the things he planned to do on Aug,14th, is to see the doctor and return the mail to the lady in room #6 and escape.

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 22:50:59
I can't find the Dr's Office tried near the poster board and get the TRAVEL agency? HELP

Unregistered
11-23-2005, 23:33:36
I can't find the Dr's Office tried near the poster board and get the TRAVEL agency? HELP
Do you know where is the pub (there is a dog sitting at the door and a oval post over the door bar)? If you don?t know where is... don?t worry... i will help you. If you know where is the bar, the office door it?s on your rigth hand. It is grey but the door is open.
If you don?t know where to go...
If you are in front of two men, go forward during 3 or 4 times and if you leave al side of the agency, go the door of the left one al side of the agency and already were in the other plaza where this the bar. If you go to the left, since where are the two men, and continue for that straight street I believe that leave directly al bar. By the right do not you leave and bundle you.
I think i had help you.
Thanks!!!

Profi
11-24-2005, 00:04:10
Easy, my friend.
You are incorrect too. Franz Kafka was a Jew, born in Prague, Austria (today Czech Republic). More e.g. in
http://www.themodernword.com/kafka/kafka_biography.html

Unregistered
11-24-2005, 02:14:44
What is the key for?????????????????????????????????

Unregistered
11-24-2005, 06:56:50
i cant even get out of the front doors of his apartment evertime i click on the doors it says "all human errors are impatience" over and over did anyone else have this problem?

Unregistered
11-24-2005, 08:21:38
Please jelp . it feels like ive been walking around in circles ... i can't find the pub or the doc's ... can anyone help??

Unregistered
11-24-2005, 08:21:52
Please help . it feels like ive been walking around in circles ... i can't find the pub or the doc's ... can anyone help??

Unregistered
11-24-2005, 10:45:00
When you are in front of the office, you can see the door of the pub but a dog is there and you can go on. Tou have to click on the street in front of you. Here you can see the door of the lawyer, have a look on your right (or left i don't remember) and you will see two roadsigns. The place will differ if you click on the first or the second direction. i don't remember exactly wich direction you have to click on to go to the doctor and the pub. The only thing I can say is that when you are in the street of the pub (i.e. the street without the dog in front of the door) you have to go on the left to find the doctor.

If you can't go out of the room it's because the game load really slowly. You have to wait a long time before you can go out of the room and after, you also have to wait to go out of the building.

Good luck

rosiemay05
11-24-2005, 21:19:27
to get to the pub and doctors (they a close together), you should go through the big archway behind the two guys who tell you to go to the magistrate (dont know wer the heck that is so dont ask lol) go straight, you will now be by the estate agents with the posters on the windows, carry on straight, your now in the alleyway with weird dog on your right, go straight, now your here, the pub is the door on the left with purple painted building, and the doctors is on the right BEFORE the arched doorway, and its the grey door on the left of the postered wall in front of you., Hope this helps you all. rosie xxx

has anyone seen the graveyard yet? i just stumbled across it by accident creeeepy lol., i think i have just gone to the magistrate, with the guard outside??, how do get inside, im guessing it has something to do with the advocate, but im having trouble finding something that he hasnt read!!

Unregistered
11-25-2005, 01:57:24
Where is item? inventory?

Well you need to find the briefcase... and it's the opening room...

Unregistered
11-25-2005, 03:48:30
This game is based on the works of Kafka and it's much easier to understand if you have read his books.I really liked it but I am a big fan of his...

Unregistered
11-25-2005, 11:57:44
There seems to be an order to things.

Here is what I've figured out. Keep in mind, I haven't figured out how to get from place to place, it is all guesswork.

Click on the window and then click on the jerkwads down there.
Answer the door, it'll be the jerkwads.
Take the briefcase (left of the desk)
Take Frau's mail (nightstand drawer).
Leave room and click on landlady
Go downstairs, click on Box 6, click again to zoom in
USE frau's mail, take your mail, read it, but drop it.
Close box 6
hang up the phone and answer it.
it's your boss, you need to work
frau has shown up, talk to her
go back to your room
take your timecard (top right hand drawer of desk)
take letter opener (on top of desk)
go to work
click on punch clock and USE timecard
enter office and go to your desk
open journal and get appt card from back
click on top right drawer and USE letter opener
don't take anything yet, that's just to dump the letter opener
take the yellow envelope (xrays) from the left side of the desk
go do dr.s office (i don't know how to get there, I guess everytime)
talk to receptionist and USE appt card
talk to dr and USE xrays
take prescription
leave dr.s office and go home
take bottle from under the bed
go to pharmacist
give pharmacist the prescription and then the bottle
take bottle
take help wanted sign (i don't know why yet)
go home
visit frau in #6
don't mess with her knickers
take arm from under bed
take letter from in nightstand (i don't know why yet)
leave frau's room
go to your desk at work
take the estimate from the files in the left drawer
leave work and go to bar
talk to bartender, give him the arm
talk to schmetterling in the room next to the pianist
give schmetterling the estimate
leave his office and take the bottle of schnapps
don't pester schmetterling anymore, he's busy sleeping
go home
take mug
go to factory
click on rightmost door
look through keyhole
talk to whatsherface, she'll be at your left
show her mug
go back to door and talk to otto
give otto mug and schnapps
don't poke around, he'll kill you if you see something you're not supposed to.
take book
go home
get money from pocket in closet
go see advocate
ring the bell and talk to receptionist
give her the money and go see advocate
give advocate the book
take your letter

From here, I have no idea. I've given the letter to the guard, but I wind up waiting there unto death. My "Ex" girlfriend doesn't love me anymore and doesn't want my help wanted sign or the letter that she wrote.

If anybody has any ideas, I'm stuck. It's solvable, but I suspect that is going to take a huge amount of clicking and getting lost in this very messed-up navigation system the game uses.

Unregistered
11-25-2005, 12:31:23
Ok, I can get on the train and escape, but I still have this key, the help wanted sign, a letter from my ex girlfriend and the letter from the advocate.

Is all of this other stuff just a ruse to keep you going around in circles?

That would annoy me.

Unregistered
11-27-2005, 09:38:35
Could anyone tell me where exactly is the factory located? I don't see any door near the train station? All i see is the girl standing at the 'Station' Sign.

Unregistered
11-27-2005, 09:54:19
Could anyone tell me where exactly is the factory located? I don't see any door near the train station? All i see is the girl standing at the 'Station' Sign.

When you are in the street where you can see the girl, there is something like a big door (an orange one) go on the little door that you can see on your left... Here is the factory if i remember well

Unregistered
11-28-2005, 08:36:36

Train station is the next foward sceen from her.

Can someone tell me how to get on the train? I keep getting told I look too sick to travel, I have my new medicine, but how do I take it?

Unregistered
11-28-2005, 08:41:25
Anyone figured out what the point in the graveyard is yet? I can make a skull fall off a tombstone, but if you leave and come back, its back again. Surely there's a point??

Unregistered
11-28-2005, 08:46:35
Anyone figured out what the point in the graveyard is yet? I can make a skull fall off a tombstone, but if you leave and come back, its back again. Surely there's a point??

I found out you don't click on the grave the man's digging!

Unregistered
11-28-2005, 10:38:26
Train station is the next foward sceen from her.

Can someone tell me how to get on the train? I keep getting told I look too sick to travel, I have my new medicine, but how do I take it?

you have to click on the cap of the medicine bottle, then click USE. the text will say that"now I'm feeling better"

How about the graveyard, will anything bad happen?

I think this game is very good and interesting.

Unregistered
11-29-2005, 20:11:19
"look at the window and there are 2 men and if you click on them, they go up and call you at the door. Open the door, and they will say you than you are involucrate in a crime. Next take the suitcase and the letters from the slepping-desk. Go down and put in the letters in the post case. Use the phone and it will appears a young ladie who tell you thanks and invite you to go up to her house. Go to her house and put on the music, take the letter from the sleeping desk and take an arm from underneath the bed. Now go out and use again the phone."
I've done all this and still can't get out of the first building. I click on the door and it keeps saying something about paitience.
Someone PLEASE tell me how to get out of the building!
I've been doing this for an hour and it's really irritating me!!!!

Unregistered
12-01-2005, 05:50:17
Lots of info on the game is available via this link http://www2b.abc.net.au/tmb/Client/MessageList.aspx?b=24&t=3&te=True

been to my lawyers and spent all my money there. Now I've been to a bar and a graveyard

Very confused. Does anyone know what to do??

Unregistered
12-01-2005, 05:53:12
I'm guessing that you are playing the game via a dial up not broadband - the patience message is there whilst the game is loading the new sections.
I found some great advice on this game on the sites own forum
www.abc.net.au/gameon/

"look at the window and there are 2 men and if you click on them, they go up and call you at the door. Open the door, and they will say you than you are involucrate in a crime. Next take the suitcase and the letters from the slepping-desk. Go down and put in the letters in the post case. Use the phone and it will appears a young ladie who tell you thanks and invite you to go up to her house. Go to her house and put on the music, take the letter from the sleeping desk and take an arm from underneath the bed. Now go out and use again the phone."
I've done all this and still can't get out of the first building. I click on the door and it keeps saying something about paitience.
Someone PLEASE tell me how to get out of the building!
I've been doing this for an hour and it's really irritating me!!!!

Unregistered
12-01-2005, 05:56:24
You need to get the Advocates receptionist the money from your wardrobe so that he will see you.

I have "visited" all the places, and I'm in front of the castle, but the guard said that i have to have the agreement of the Law.
I have found the office of the avocate, but she told me that she doesn't have times to receivde me!!

skylar10
12-04-2005, 04:55:56
i hate this game

Eternal Becky
12-04-2005, 11:16:33
Ahhhh...I turned into a Cockroach

Eternal Becky
12-04-2005, 11:21:09
Can anyone tell me what was the aim of the game? In the end I was asked "Would you like to come back as a mole" :-/

Unregistered
12-13-2005, 10:56:07
can anyone tell me how to get to my desk at my office

Mistery
12-15-2005, 00:05:21
Can anyone tell me what was the aim of the game? In the end I was asked "Would you like to come back as a mole" :-/

Read message Nr. 46 in this forum, the walkthrough reveals that you don't need to go to all the possible places. If you do things wrong, you end up as a mole/cockroach or something else. If you do things right, you come free from Kafkamesto!

Unregistered
12-21-2005, 06:46:29
I've been trying to find the door in the factory to find the keyhole , so I can give the mug to otto for a week and it has been imposible!
If anyone can tell where this door is I would appreciate it.

There seems to be an order to things.

Here is what I've figured out. Keep in mind, I haven't figured out how to get from place to place, it is all guesswork.

Click on the window and then click on the jerkwads down there.
Answer the door, it'll be the jerkwads.
Take the briefcase (left of the desk)
Take Frau's mail (nightstand drawer).
Leave room and click on landlady
Go downstairs, click on Box 6, click again to zoom in
USE frau's mail, take your mail, read it, but drop it.
Close box 6
hang up the phone and answer it.
it's your boss, you need to work
frau has shown up, talk to her
go back to your room
take your timecard (top right hand drawer of desk)
take letter opener (on top of desk)
go to work
click on punch clock and USE timecard
enter office and go to your desk
open journal and get appt card from back
click on top right drawer and USE letter opener
don't take anything yet, that's just to dump the letter opener
take the yellow envelope (xrays) from the left side of the desk
go do dr.s office (i don't know how to get there, I guess everytime)
talk to receptionist and USE appt card
talk to dr and USE xrays
take prescription
leave dr.s office and go home
take bottle from under the bed
go to pharmacist
give pharmacist the prescription and then the bottle
take bottle
take help wanted sign (i don't know why yet)
go home
visit frau in #6
don't mess with her knickers
take arm from under bed
take letter from in nightstand (i don't know why yet)
leave frau's room
go to your desk at work
take the estimate from the files in the left drawer
leave work and go to bar
talk to bartender, give him the arm
talk to schmetterling in the room next to the pianist
give schmetterling the estimate
leave his office and take the bottle of schnapps
don't pester schmetterling anymore, he's busy sleeping
go home
take mug
go to factory
click on rightmost door
look through keyhole
talk to whatsherface, she'll be at your left
show her mug
go back to door and talk to otto
give otto mug and schnapps
don't poke around, he'll kill you if you see something you're not supposed to.
take book
go home
get money from pocket in closet
go see advocate
ring the bell and talk to receptionist
give her the money and go see advocate
give advocate the book
take your letter

From here, I have no idea. I've given the letter to the guard, but I wind up waiting there unto death. My "Ex" girlfriend doesn't love me anymore and doesn't want my help wanted sign or the letter that she wrote.

If anybody has any ideas, I'm stuck. It's solvable, but I suspect that is going to take a huge amount of clicking and getting lost in this very messed-up navigation system the game uses.

Kialei
02-22-2006, 19:49:36
The fastest way to solve the puzzle:

1. Drink medicine

Open the bottle by clicking on cap.

The pharmacy makes it for you

You need a bottle and prescription.

The bottle can be found in your room

The prescription you get from the doctor.

You need the appointment card and x-ray

2. Make train trip

Get ticket from your office

In drawer of desk

Open drawer with knife

3. Happy end

Nina
03-16-2006, 15:14:19
To play and to understand this game we all should know more about Kafka.

http://www.kafka-franz.com/kafka-Biography.htm

By the way Kafka mesto means Kafka's Town.

lucika
04-03-2006, 15:02:16
But WHERE is the factory?? damn I stuck forever!! Please someone save me!

Unregistered L
04-06-2006, 12:17:36
But WHERE is the factory?? damn I stuck forever!! Please someone save me!

It was said before. You must have found it already, but you can't go in by main entrance, you have to search a little dorr LEFT from it.

General tip btw: don't go by the magistrate even when the advocate has given you the letter. I already won the game by just going to the doctor, the pharmacist and on train, but wanted to experience the other possibilities. Turns out the're traps and mazes.(Soory I did'nt found the cemetary nor what to do with the key, though.)

Way2Nautt
09-08-2006, 04:22:17
Can N-E-1 hear me & my ?'z

I cannot get outta theze BUNK a** front doorz

bethky21
03-11-2007, 00:42:20
well the walkthrough didnt help any at all...what are we suppose to do with all the things that we need? it keeps saying "where am i going to put this?"