Link:

http://dark.complex.fizzlebot.com/

Point and click puzzle game.

dirtyfeet201
11-26-2005, 14:52:33
Freaky!!!

Unregistered
11-26-2005, 18:23:12
I just realized that the second level on this is like a rubix cube. I haven't solved it yet, seeing as i haven't solved a regular rubix cube, but i did realize it's like that. So there you have it people. Rubix Cube!

Tarya Nórui
11-26-2005, 20:40:59
oh, I managed to solve the cube. One place is free and you just sort them out. But with the next I have no idea what to do.

Unregistered
11-26-2005, 20:41:50
what do u do
all i can c is a back screene

Tarya Nórui
11-26-2005, 20:55:45
first I found a black button and after I pressed it, there came some changes, But I have no idea what would be the right things to do. But isn't that the fun of such games? Find out and communicate about in this forum?
Please let me know when you find something out. :'( I really have no idea!

Marceylu
11-26-2005, 21:35:03
first I found a black button and after I pressed it, there came some changes, But I have no idea what would be the right things to do. But isn't that the fun of such games? Find out and communicate about in this forum?
Please let me know when you find something out. :'( I really have no idea!
Help me Im stuck for about one hour(Sorry for my english Im Argentina

Tarya Nórui
11-26-2005, 21:37:55
Next I found somethind like planets turning around a "sun", don?t know exactly what happenend that I got to the next level, ther were some shapes to fit together (this things, when you have three corners, don't know in english) and now? really colourful..

Tarya Nórui
11-26-2005, 21:40:02
My best idea: try to find thie black button and press it. Something will happen. But I started over and didn't get the same.

Unregistered
11-27-2005, 00:41:08
Can anyone tell me where i can get a walkthrough for Archipelago?

Hyp3ri0n
11-27-2005, 08:06:16
any idea on the yellow room with the arrows you can spin around in a circle on blue and green platforms? i have no idea what they want you to do here.. Im also stuck on the room with the arrows you can move around from one platform to the other.. Only room ive been able to get so far is the green room where you have to match 4 of each symbol on each side and one side with 3 symbols simply because there has to be one open space to solve that puzzle.

Unregistered
11-27-2005, 11:04:56
yeha man im sorta at the same spot as you.... but the one with the clock hands... im thinking you must get all the hands at the same location... was trying for a while...gave up...(sigh)..... n the same as for the triangle thingys..tried matching them up with the background...but doesnt work out...those are the ones im stuck on...NE HELP!???

Ladybug
11-27-2005, 13:16:09
Please help. I'm stuck in the first room. The room with round things all around. Really have no idea how to get out. Tried several things, clicked a lot of things, but nothing happens.

Ladybug
11-27-2005, 13:21:03
Ok no smoething happend. I don't know what I did. But it worked

Hyp3ri0n
11-27-2005, 20:20:51
Okay. I have solved several more rooms.

1. A blue room with 3 amoeba looking things on each wall. Okay, you have to click on the amoebas for each wall until all 3 are a different color for each wall and the same type of amoeba is the same color on all of the walls. I didn't really have a strategy for this one... just clicked madly.
2. I solved the blue room with the arrows you could move all across the room. You have to match each arrow to a background. Just clicked madly for this one too.
3. (forgot color) I solved a room with different symbols on each wall. You have to click on two symbols per wall which combine to form one shape each. You have to have the same shape on each wall. This one was a bit tricky but not too bad.

Unregistered
11-27-2005, 20:22:27
any idea on the yellow room with the arrows you can spin around in a circle on blue and green platforms? i have no idea what they want you to do here.. Im also stuck on the room with the arrows you can move around from one platform to the other.. Only room ive been able to get so far is the green room where you have to match 4 of each symbol on each side and one side with 3 symbols simply because there has to be one open space to solve that puzzle.all you gotta do is go around the whole room and click on the round thingies

Unregistered
12-02-2005, 12:56:40
all i can see is a black screen...what do i do?

mimi
12-09-2005, 03:21:31
I'm stuck in the 2nd room with 2 clock hands on 3 surfaces and 3 planets revolving round a circle on 3 other cube surfaces. I clicked mad but nothing happened , anyone help pls!!!

Unregistered
12-09-2005, 05:10:39
ai!

Now, somebody needs to put up a webpage of a walkthrough of the dark complex and provide visual aids so as to help the reader better. Reading through these posts successfully throws the reader off onto some "planet" that people keep mentioning. They aren't planets! It's like the movie/story "The Cube"!!! Arg! So, if anybody out there is a diehard Dark Complex fan, and you've solved it or are in progress - and will solve it, put up a webpage with the walkthrough and pictoral examples of each step... and to make it even better, give it to the Google people so they can index it for when people search for help on it. Bye-bye.

Carl
12-31-2005, 05:45:48
I send this game to Gamershood.
I'm very sorry if this is too hard. I have a hard time to manage the game too. I send it 2 times. and here it is.

Kapil -- Guest
01-08-2006, 16:45:45
I got this black screen . CLicked the black buttin which made the things colored. Then clicked inside each one of it twice so that i was able to see balls going into the cube...then selected the red room and in red room. We have to select the button again...it will bring some shapes on all walls..find the common one on all faces by clickin them...then it gets sloved and now you can see two open doors and all other are closed...opened one more door and now i have 3 shapes revolvin around one and in couple of faces two purple arrows.

lscc
05-07-2006, 17:32:26
this may sound stupid but i can't get out of the first room, the round thing below me keeps spinning...is that important to getting out of here?

lscc
05-07-2006, 17:46:49
can anyone give me a hint as to what i need to do to get to the next level?

Mistery
05-07-2006, 17:49:36
You can find many hints here:
http://jayisgames.com/archives/2005/11/the_dark_complex.php

lscc
05-07-2006, 18:03:28
thanx, Mistery

Borby
05-19-2006, 17:56:01
Right,

If you want to stand a chance on this you're probably best mapping the cube (which I have done and it only took me 10-15 minutes or so). I can't be bothered drawing out a huge map for you all so here's the basic info you'll need:

1) There are 12 cubes: 4 Green, 1 Cyan, 3 Blue, 1 Purple, 1 Black, 1 Yellow, 1 Red.

2) Each cube can have some of the following features: A fixed number of doors (they never change), a small hole (up to 1 per cube) which when clicked on gives you a view of "something" (presumably a progess indicator), a button which when clicked makes the side of the cube it's on revolve (no idea what this does yet), a puzzle button on one corner which either opens up a puzzle or gives you the "planets" everyone has mentioned, and finally the other sort of button (which I think are only on the green cubes) which when pressed make lines appear all over the cube.

Go away and map each cube. i.e. draw a (flat) cube and write down where each door goes. Some paths are ONE WAY i.e. you go through a door and to get back where you just came from you'll probably have to go through a few others.

I guess the idea is to first solve each of the puzzles, some of which I've done but others I can't be bothered with. Once you've done that I imagine the purpose of the rest of the stuff becomes clear.

Good Luck,
I'll post if I actually bother to solve it now.

Borby
05-22-2006, 19:56:57
Right,

Some of what I just said was correct: namely what can be on each level. Unfortunately, every time you complete a puzzle some more doors appear and thus more cubes (AARGH!). So far I'm up to 16 cubes and I reckon there are plenty more to come.

My advice still stands. The only way to keep your sanity is to map the whole game. The map doesn't change (once the doors open up) so it's worth doing. What people need to do is post solutions to the puzzles. So far I have found the following puzzles:

The Ameobas (Solved - see earlier post)
The triangles of 6 cogs (Unsolved)
The space ships made out of snall squares (unsolved)
The one with 6 circular symbols broken up each into 4 parts (Unsolved but I'm pretty sure I know how)
Another similar one but the symbols can be put in any order (Solved - easy)
The one with the arrows and kind of maks you think of a clock face (Unsolved).
The one with 4 shapes on each side, two of which can be selected at any one time (Solved - see earlier post)
The one with four large coloured triangles on every side os the cube which change colours when clicked (Unsolved)
The one with the little wormy-insects crawling around - reminds me of the online game FLow (Unsolved)

As you can see I'm not doing too well and this is clearly only a fraction of the puzzles in the game. As for the extra buttons/spinny things -I'd ignore them until all puzzles are completed, I think they come in at the end.

Solutions to puzzles Please!