PDA

View Full Version : Cool Recipes

vivi
07-10-2007, 22:09:56
Are there other foodies out there- can we post good recipes for others to share?

EDIT by moderation:
Upon request, this thread can also be used to add recipes for drinks. Recipes for alcoholic drinks may only be posted by members of legal drinking age, and must follow our general rules (http://gamershood.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=5274) (e.g. names of the drinks must be appropriate). If a member of legal drinking age posts such a recipe, they must add a warning that it contains alcohol. The thread should not be used to promote underage drinking.
Please note, that this is a trial. If we notice any abuse or experience any difficulties, moderation may alter these rules, and be more strict.

i start with a good thing to eat while on gh

a pack of ready croissant dough
franks or sausages
tomato ketchup or mustard or pesto
egg

cut the dough into portions-spread with what you like-lay on a sausage-roll up-brush with egg and a little coarse salt and bake according to the dough instructions
eat while chatting

vivi
07-11-2007, 00:35:46
ok next day
lets go easy pudding
white bread slices-cut in two
sprinkle with sherry or whatever
whip up a couple of eggs
dip the bread in egg -dont let it soak
fry in butter-oil or whatever you want
sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and serve with yoghourt/cream/icecream and a fruit coulis if you want(if you know what it is-if not pm me)

Lilliputt
07-11-2007, 00:36:35
Greek Carrot Salad

A bundle of fresh carrots
Lemon juice
Olive oil
Pinch of salt

Alternative: insted of lemon use vinegar

Wash and grate the carrots. Put the carrots in a bowl and add olive oil, salt and finally pour vinegar or lemon juice and mix it a little. Let it cool for a while in the fridge and then serve. Very good for hot summer days ;)

vivi
07-11-2007, 01:08:28
Greek Carrot Salad

A bundle of fresh carrots
Lemon juice
Olive oil
Pinch of salt

Alternative: insted of lemon use vinegar

Wash and grate the carrots. Put the carrots ina bowl and add olive oil, salt and finally pour vinegar or lemon juice and mix it a little. Let it cool for a while in the fridge and then serve. Very good for hot summer days ;)
that sounds good- ill be doing that when the grill season gets underway again

ive made something like this with orange juice and walnuts-also pretty good

jack
07-11-2007, 01:57:16
recipe for dressing:

6 cups of crumbled cornbread
2 cups of sourdough bread
1 pound of spiced sausage
2 cups of diced onions
1 cup of diced bell peppers
2 large diced chile peppers
1 tbsp of oregeno
2 cups of chicken broth
1/2 tbsp sumac
1/2 tbsp sage
2 tbsp fennel pollen
1 tbsp Cilantro
3 eggs
1 cup Sourcream
1 1/2 Cup of pine nuts
1 cup of raisins
12 tbsp of butter
1 tbsp honey
salt and pepper to taste

Begin by melting 6 tbsps of butter in a pan over medium heat and sautéing the diced bell peppers, chili peppers, and onions until they just begin to brown. Combine that with the rest of the ingredients except the fennel pollen, honey, , chicken broth, and the remaining butter. Mix the ingredients in a large bowl by hand. It is important that the mixture be firm and moist, but not watery. Begin to add the chicken broth only as needed to keep the mixture moist and pliable, yet firm. Once all the ingredients are well blended put the mixture in a baking dish. Mix the honey, fennel pollen, and butter in a small bowl until well blended. Spread the honey butter over the top of the mixture in the dish. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and cook for about a half hour at 350 degrees. After that remove the aluminum foil and cook an additional 20 minutes to lightly brown the top of the dish.

vivi
07-11-2007, 11:02:39
that sounds yummy jack-look forward to trying it-any substitute for fennel pollen- ive never seen it here in norway-i am really keen to try it though

EscapeGirl
07-11-2007, 19:03:18
Okay, so I don't really cook. :P But this is probably my all-time absolute FAVORITE dessert. :D I'm not going to give the real name, as it's inappropriate. But I will call it the:

"Ultimate Layered Dessert"

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tub whipped topping, 32 ounces
1 package (4oz) vanilla instant pudding
1 package (4oz) chocolate instant pudding
3 cups cold milk, divided
1 square semisweet chocolate, shaved, or mini semisweet chocolate chips

PREPARATION:
Combine flour, butter and pecans and press into a 9x13x2-inch baking pan. Bake at 350° (fahrenheit) for 25 minutes. Cool in pan on rack.
Combine cream cheese and confectioners' sugar and spread over pecan mixture. Spread half of the whipped topping over the cream cheese layer.

Mix package of vanilla pudding using 1-1/2 cups of milk. Spoon evenly over the whipped topping; spread until layer is even. Mix package of chocolate pudding using remaining 1-1/2 cups milk. Spread on top of vanilla pudding. Spread remaining whipped topping on top and sprinkle with shaved semisweet chocolate or mini chocolate chips.

vivi
07-11-2007, 19:31:01
he he-im going to be fat in a couple of weeks

Brimful-Asha
07-11-2007, 19:43:11
I have got loads of recipes to share! I cook every night and try out different recipes.. I am gonna share this recipe with you guys its actually a funny story a mate of mine went(wont name the shop) to buy this cookies from a famous cookie stall and she was so impressed she asked for the recipe they said ok its £2.50 so she said why thats a steal! but when she got her credit card statement she was charged £250.00 and not £2.50! so she decided to pass the recipe around to everyone for free! enuff jibber jabber here it is

Hawaiian Nut Cookie

2 cups butter
> 4 cups flour
> 2 tsp. baking soda
> 2 cups granulated sugar
> 2 cups brown sugar
> 5 cups blended oatmeal (measure oatmeal &
> blend in blender
> to a fine powder)
> 24 oz. chocolate chips
> 1 tsp. salt
> 18 oz. Cadbury bar (grated)
> 4 eggs
> 2 tsp. baking powder
> 3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)
> 2 tsp. vanilla
>
> cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and
> vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt,
> baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips,
> Cadbury bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place
> two inches apart on a cookie sheet.. bake for 10
> minutes at 375 degrees. Makes 122 cookies..

vivi
07-11-2007, 19:47:02
what better way to get your moneys worth-spread it to the world!!!! and i am going to be fat........and very happy!

and here is a classic tuscan salad-panzanella
500 g several-days-old Tuscan white bread, sliced
basil leaves
3 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and sliced
1 small sweet red onion, sliced
1 cucumber, sliced
Minced parsley
1 or 2 hard boiled eggs, cut into eighths (optional)
1 teaspoon vinegar or more, to taste
3 or more tablespoons good olive oil
Dip the bread in cold water, then carefully pat it dry with a towel (it shouldn’t be a pulp). Put the bread in a bowl and mix in the remaining ingredients. Let the panzanella stand for ten minutes to give the bread time to absorb some flavor, and serve.
You can add tuna or olives or cheese- but I think its best just as it is

Brimful-Asha
07-11-2007, 19:50:33
I made that and everybody really loved it! it actually tastes like cookies from the shops and i had never made cookies before! GREAT FUN MAKIN IT as well ;)

Lilliputt
07-11-2007, 20:06:06
It's not good for me ta be on this thread... I get so HUNGARY!! :'(
Amazin' foods ya'll :lala: I likes :D

Brimful-Asha
07-11-2007, 20:12:16
Ive got more to come !

Indian Chicken Briyani-serves about 4
Ingredients

-Basmati Rice- 4 cups

-200gms Ginger & garlic Paste( what i do is use ground ginger and just
mince garlic)

- 6 Green Chilies(i reduce it to bout 2, its spicy enough with the chilipowder)

-1 onion finely chopped

-2 tomatoes finely chopped

-1 cinnamon stick

-100 gms Cashew nuts

-1 teaspoon ground cloves

-1 teaspoon cardamoms(some people hate this so you can leave it out,its very indian tasting)

-150 gms breast of chicken cubed(i usually season the chicken with freshly ground pepper,salt,tumeric and a little paprika)

-2 teaspoon garam masala(available in any corner shop run by indians or tesco)

-3 teaspoon chili powder(if its very hot version i reduce it to 1 spoon)

-Fresh Mint and Coriander Leaves

-1/2 a lemon's juice

Instructions

-Add Butter to a pan and fry onions and tomatoes until onions are golden and limp

- Add Cashew nuts,cloves,cinnamon and cardamom to the pan and fry

-Add mint, coriander leaves and green chilies to the pan

-Add ginger and garlic paste

-then add the garam masala and chili powder and then the chicken( i usually prefry the chicken for bout 2 mins)

-Add water to the mixture, add 2 cups of water for one cup of rice and add salt to taste

-Bring the mixture to boil and add the rice

-Add the lemon juice and let it simmer on medium heat for about 30 mins covered

Teeodd28403
07-12-2007, 01:33:19
Now this is my kind of thread! Ok this is probably one of the best things I have ever made

PECAN ENCRUSTED TROUT WITH AMARETTO CREAM SAUCE (Good with chicken also)

INGREDIENTS:
4 6-8oz Trout Filets (scaled with skin left on, any trout is fine)
8oz crushed pecans
4oz bread crumbs
8oz milk
4oz Amaretto
8oz Heavy Cream
5 cloves minced garlic
1tbs Fresh Italian Flat-leaf parsley chopped
1-2tbs fresh thyme leaves
Kosher salt and Freshly ground Black Pepper
2tbs olive oil

INSTRUCTIONS:

Lay the trout in a shallow pan and pour the milk over it just until all the fish is coated
Then season genorously with the salt and pepper
Combine the bread crumbs and pecans in a large bowl
Heat a large sautee pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil
Evenly coat each filet with the nut mixture then place in the sautee pan meat-side down until it just turns golden brown (2-3 mins)
Flip the fish over and cook one additional minute on the skin side
Remove the fish and and place on a dish with paper towels on it to drain
Turn down the heat to medium and add the minced garlic
Cook for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly so that the garlic doesn't burn
Add the amaretto and allow it to flame until the alcohol is cooked off, then add the cream and the thyme
Continue cooking over medium heat and stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula scraping the sides and bottom until it has reduced by half
Lay the fish over rice or orzo and genorously pour the sauce over each serving. Garnish with the parsley

Brimful-Asha
07-12-2007, 11:06:03
Sounds yummy teeeod ;)

vivi
07-12-2007, 11:30:15
teeodd i will be definitely adding these punds to my waistline!!

Brimful-Asha
07-12-2007, 12:26:42
I have got another contribution to make, its a fusion between Continental and Oriental Sweet and Sour Chicken( Sorry all my recipes are just chicken cos thats the only meat i eat,you can change it to whatever meat you want)

I was even feeling creative enough to take a pic of it when i made it last night!

Ingredients-Serves 4

- 2/3 cup uncooked long-grain white rice/ alternately you can have roast potatoes with it, I havent had rice with it yet!

-1 1/3 cups water

-6 tablespoons olive oil

-6 tablespoons soy sauce

-6 tablespoons honey

-3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar

-1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme

-1 1/2 teaspoons ground paprika

-1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

-1/2 teaspoon ground allspice

-1 teaspoon ground black pepper

-4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

2. Mix rice and water in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, until rice is tender.

3. In a medium bowl, blend the olive oil, soy sauce, honey, and vinegar. Mix in the thyme, paprika, cayenne pepper, allspice, and black pepper.

4. Place chicken breasts in a medium baking dish, and coat with the olive oil mixture.

5. Place chicken in the preheated oven, and, basting occasionally with the olive oil mixture, cook 30 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear. Serve over the rice with remaining olive oil mixture or with the roast potatoes.

Trust me it taste much better than it looks im not one for presentation :P

Carmit
07-12-2007, 21:39:44
ice

put water in a cube and freaz 4 a day

vivi
07-12-2007, 21:46:12
carmit thats a wonderful invention-think if we could use that in drinks-wonderfully groundbreaking-a good thing to try in the summer here- it does it itself in the winter

sumi- itried the biryani today-with lamb not chicken-but it was storming 6*********

Brimful-Asha
07-13-2007, 10:15:23
OOOOo lalala viv yay my recipe is a success :P
carmit dont mock us pls :P

Ok heres another contribution by aunty Sumitra :P Unfortunately I do not have an image for this one because the last time i made it was before i bought my digital camera!

Dam Aloo (aloo means potato in Indian, so yea its an indian dish)

Ingredients-Serves About 4-6

-450g/ 1 lb small potatoes, preferablly new

-1 medium onion

-4 tablespoon oil

-about 1 teaspoon chili powder

- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric

-25g/ 1 oz root ginger, peeled and ground to a paste( i just use ready made ground ginger :P)

-1/2 teaspoon sugar( i usually use demerara cos the dish has a brown theme)

-salt to taste

-150 ml/ 1/4 pint of water

-1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala

-my mom usually adds yoghurt and curry powder to make it more curryish but i prefer it just like this :D

-chopped coriander leaves to garnish(optional)

Instructions

-Peel the potatoes and cut them into even-sized pieces. Boil them until just tender.

-Grind the onion to a fine paste and fry them until lightly browned. Stir in the chili powder, turmeric, ginger, sugar and salt. Fry for 1-2 minutes without letting the mixture burn, then add the water(make sure water is always pre-boiled). When the water begins to simmer, stir in the potatoes, cover and cook until the gravy has thickened. Sprinkle with garam masala and remove from heat. Garnish with coriander leaves ad serve and enjoy!

Mulan
07-13-2007, 11:54:28
this is Thai food "Bu Choop Pang Tawt (Crunchy Fried Crabs) "

½ pound small sea crab
2 tablespoons corn flour
1 egg
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
oil for deep frying

Mix the corn flour with the egg, salt, light soy sauce and black pepper. Clean the crabs and put into the flour batter. Heat oil to 375°F, add the crabs and fry for 5 to 7 minutes until golden brown. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.

Serve With sweet chile sauce, tomato, and cucumber.

Brimful-Asha
07-13-2007, 11:58:24
mmmmmmmmmm sounds yummy Mitty Ill be sure to try it out ;)

vivi
07-13-2007, 16:17:01
we cant get the small crabs here- but its a good recipe to remember when we travel to more exotic places- come with more thai recipes mitty -i love thai food!

Mulan
07-14-2007, 12:47:43
Shrimp Grilled in Banana Leaves

300 grams (about 10.5 ounces or 2/3 pound) Goong Fawy see note below
3 tablespoons scallions/green onions, chopped
3 tablespoons cilantro, choped
loose banana leaves
2 large dried chiles, seeds removed and soaked in water
4 tablespoons lemongrass, chopped
1 teaspoon galangal, finely chopped
½ teaspoon fresh tumeric, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ground salt
1 teaspoon gapee (shrimp paste)

Make a chile paste by crushing and pounding the chiles in a motar and pestle until it is fine paste. Wash the shrimp until clean. Put in a strainer to drain water. Mix shrimp with chile paste, green onions and cilantro. Mix gently and divide into three portions. Tear banana leaves about six inches wide and clean thoroughly. Lay the leaves next to each other. Add a scoop of the shrimp mixture to one side of the leaf. Fold over into a square packet and secure with a bamboo toothpick.

Grill the shrimp packets over low heat charcoal until done.

vivi
07-14-2007, 15:16:37
mitty i feel like im in thailand- i can get all these ingredients- so im going to have a go at this in the week-time to get the barbie out

Carmit
07-14-2007, 22:22:57
OOOOo lalala viv yay my recipe is a success :P
carmit dont mock us pls :P

Ok heres another contribution by aunty Sumitra :P Unfortunately I do not have an image for this one because the last time i made it was before i bought my digital camera!

Dam Aloo (aloo means potato in Indian, so yea its an indian dish)

Ingredients-Serves About 4-6

-450g/ 1 lb small potatoes, preferablly new

-1 medium onion

-4 tablespoon oil

-about 1 teaspoon chili powder

- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric

-25g/ 1 oz root ginger, peeled and ground to a paste( i just use ready made ground ginger :P)

-1/2 teaspoon sugar( i usually use demerara cos its the dish has a brown theme)

-salt to taste

-150 ml/ 1/4 pint of water

-1 1/2 teaspoon garam masala

-my mom usually adds yoghurt and curry powder to make it more curryish but i prefer it just like this :D

-chopped coriander leaves to garnish(optional)

Instructions

-Peel the potatoes and cut them into even-sized pieces. Boil them until just tender.

-Grind the onion to a fine paste and fry them until lightly browned. Stir in the chili powder, turmeric, ginger, sugar and salt. Fry for 1-2 minutes without letting the mixture burn, then add the water(make sure water is always pre-boiled). When the water begins to simmer, stir in the potatoes, cover and cook until the gravy has thickened. Sprinkle with garam masala and remove from heat. Garnish with coriander leaves ad serve and enjoy!

its the olny 1 i could think of:ura:

Mulan
07-15-2007, 09:07:14
Steamed Spicy Fish in Banana Leaves

1 ½ pounds fillet of freshwater fish, cut into small pieces
3 tablespoons instant red curry paste
1 cup coconut milk
1 egg
1 teaspoon salt
2 red prik ki nu, cut into long strips
½ tablespoon minced galangal
½ tablespoon kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
3 tablespoon sweet basil leaves
2 tablespoon coriander leaves
5 10 inch by 6 inch banana leaves
10 toothpicks

In a food processor, blend the fish with curry paste until mixed well. Remove. This becomes the fish paste. In a mixing bowl, mix the fish paste with coconut milk, egg, salt and minced galangal. Stir until all blended well. Separate the fish paste into 5 portions.

On each banana leaf, place 1/5th of the sweet basil leaves, and top with one portion of the fish paste. Sprinkle with 1/5th of the kaffir lime leaves and fresh chiles. Fold the banana leaf to wrap all the mixture into a rectangular shape. Secure the edges with toothpicks. Repeat until all the fish paste is finished.

Steam the fish in the leaves in a steamer for approximately 20 minutes. Remove and charcoal-broil until the banana leaves become dark. Serve when hot.

vivi
07-15-2007, 13:19:08
were going to be opening a cyber restaurant at this rate

i tried the potaoes-with yoghourt i must say- storming!!!!
damn things

Brimful-Asha
07-16-2007, 09:37:08
well in that case carmit thanks for the contribution?

oooo vivi yea? my moms gonna love u then :P i always complain when she does the yogurt version :P

Carmit
07-17-2007, 07:08:09
i know its not very good but im 9 for heack sake

LoopyLou
07-17-2007, 11:48:16
Only just discovered this thread, amazing.
This one is very good, my kids love it and it's so easy & quick.

1 monkfish Tail
Pesto
Parma Ham

Remove bone from Monkfish tail (fish monger will do this if you ask)
Brush both pieces with pesto
Wrap in parma ham
Bake in oven (about 180 to 200) for about 20 mins depending on size of fish it may need a little more or less time.

Serve with veg and / or fresh geen salad.

Brimful-Asha
07-18-2007, 11:37:15
You Guys Know I love mY JD! So i thought id share a recipe that includes my fave man :)

Ingredients:
1 head garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
2/3 cup water
1 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup Kikkoman teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1-1/3 cups dark brown sugar
3 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoon minced white onion
1 tablespoon Jack Daniels whiskey
1 tablespoon crushed pineapple
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Instructions:

1. Cut about 1/2-inch off of top of garlic. Cut the roots so that the garlic will sit flat. Remove the papery skin from the garlic, but leave enough so that the cloves stay together. Put garlic into a small casserole dish or baking pan, drizzle olive oil over it, and cover with a lid or foil. Bake in a preheated 325ø oven for 1 hour. Remove garlic and let it cool until you can handle it.

2. Combine water, pineapple juice, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat. Stir occasionally until mixture boils then reduce heat until mixture is just simmering.

3. Add remaining ingredients to pan and stir.

4. Squeeze the sides of the head of garlic until the pasty roasted garlic is squeezed out. Measure 2 teaspoons into the saucepan and whisk to combine.

5. Let mixture simmer for 35-45 minutes or until sauce has reduced by about 1/2 and is thick and syrupy. Make sure it doesn't boil over.

6.you can use it to top your favorite meat, but if you're grilling, be sure to use the sauce just before taking the meat off the flame, since it is very sweet and will quickly burn.

7. If You are baking, then just coat the meat with the glaze and cover in foil and bake in a roasting pan covered.

vivi
07-18-2007, 13:59:04
well ive tried the trout and i can tell you it needs to be tried by all- soooooo good- im going with monkfish tonight-like the idea of pesto and parma ham-maybe a little red pesto-i think

jenni.p123
07-18-2007, 14:22:36
OMG :lala: all these recipes sound DELICIOUS :lala:

Teeodd28403
07-18-2007, 22:51:54
Ok here is the infamous duck recipe

DUCK AND WILD MUSHROOM GUMBO

INGREDIENTS
FOR THE STOCK
1 whole duck about 6-7lbs (3kg)
4 celery stalks with leaves
2 each yellow onion and carrots unpeeled
4 cloves of garlic unpeeled
2 each thyme sprigs and bay leaves
FOR THE GUMBO
2 each yellow onions and green peppers
1/2cup(125ml) vegetable oil
1/2cup(75g) flour
3 cloves garlic minced
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1tsp fresh thyme leaves
2 bay leaves
3/4lb andouille sausage
1lb wild mushrooms (I used oyster and shitake but it doesn't matter)
Salt and pepper
2tbs file' (ground sassafrass leaves)
INSTRUCTIONS
FOR THE STOCK
Prick the skin of the duck(not puncturing the meat) and roast in the oven breast side down at 350(180) for 1.5 to 2hrs
When the duck is cooked through allow it to cool then remove all of the skin and fat and discard. Then remove all of the meat and shred into bite-sized pieces and place in a container in the fridge
Place the bones in a stock pot with the celery carrot onion and garlic (quartered) the bay leaves and thyme.
Add 4qts(4liters) of water and bring to boil over high heat then reduce the heat and allow to gently boil for six hours or until 2-2.5 quarts are left and reserve
FOR THE GUMBO
Bring the stock to a gentle boil
Chop the onions and seed and chop the green peppers and set aside
Heat a heavy sautee pan (preferably cast iron if you have it) and add the oil. When it just begins to smoke whisk in the flour and continue whisking until you have a dark roux(about the color of milk chocolate) and add the onions and peppers
Cook for about 4mins then add the garlic and cook an additional 2mins
Add the roux to the stock in spoonfuls stirring each time until it has all been incorporated. Add the cayenne, thyme and bay leaves and boil for 10mins
As it boils slice the sausage into 1/2" pieces and sautee over medium heat for 3-4mins remove the sausage and add to the gumbo then sautee the mushrooms (thickly sliced) in the oil left by the sausage for 2mins and add to the gumbo. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 mins
Add the shredded duck meat and season with salt and pepper and boil for 15 more mins
Turn the heat to low and add the file' and stir for 2mins (do not allow it to boil after you add the file' or it will become stringy)
Remove the bay leaves
Serve over steamed rice with diced green onions and extra hot sauce if you want

vivi
07-18-2007, 23:49:04
thanks teeodd preparations are underway

Teeodd28403
07-19-2007, 02:59:41
What do you know a chicken recipe for those who only eat chicken (hint hint)

CHICKEN INVOLTINI

INGREDIENTS
For the Chicken
4 6-8oz chicken breasts
1lb ground spicy italian sausage
16oz whole milk ricotta cheese
1/4cup pecorino romano cheese
20-24 fresh basil leaves
1/4cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
salt and pepper
1/4cup extra virgin olive oil
For the sauce
8oz cremini mushrooms (any mushrooms are alright)
1cup heavy cream
1/4cup pinot grigio or any good white wine
4 cloves garlic minced
1 medium shallot minced
1/4 cup of freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano
2tbs chopped italian flat leaf parsley
1tbs fresh basil
1tbs crushed red pepper (may be omitted if you do not like spicy food)
salt and pepper to taste
INSTRUCTIONS
Butterfly each chicken breast so that it is about 1/2" thick and season with salt and pepper(note: always use kosher salt or sea salt its much better)
In a sautee pan brown the sausage and break it up into small pieces then remove and drain as much fat away as possible and allow to cool for 10mins
In a bowl combine the sausage, both cheeses, basil and sundried tomatoes
Spoon about 1/2 cup of the filling onto on side of the split chicken breast and roll the chicken over the filling and secure with toothpicks
Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a sautee pan over medium high heat and add the chicken. Allow it to brown on all sides and remove and set aside
Add the garlic and shallot to the hot pan (note: if there is no oil left in the pan add 2-3tbs) and stir for 1min
Add the mushrooms and let them cook for about 3mins
Add the wine and using a wooden spoon or spatula scrape all the brown bits off of the bottom of the pan. Allow it to cook for about 1min
Add the cream and reduce the heat to medium to medium low
Add the cheese, parsley, basil and crushed red pepper and allow it to reduce by 1/3 to 1/2
Place the chicken on orzo pasta or any other pasta and pour the sauce over each piece

Carmit
07-19-2007, 04:37:49
Blueberry Pineapple Delight

u need 1 and a half cup of blue berrys
16 marshmellows
1 cup well draned cup of pineapple
1 cup of cream (wiped)

wash blueberrys and drane well. combine with 1 cup of berres with the finley cut marshmellows and pineapples. fold in chilled wiped cream.chill and serve in parfait glasses; decorate with remaining blue berrys.
:petSMILE:

Brimful-Asha
07-19-2007, 14:21:09
Well teeod hint taken and Im gonna try that recipe tonite and ill let u know how it goes

@carmit finally a good recipe! phew :) well done ill try making it too :D

vivi
07-19-2007, 19:31:45
carmit- what a star you are-after all this wonderful dinner food a pudding was just what we needed- you come on quickly from the ice cube stage bravo!!!

teeodd- if that doesnt get the girl- then the girls not worth getting!!

Carmit
07-19-2007, 20:11:36
thanks guys by the way this 13565 or this 1 3566 ill send the resipe (they dont quite look the same and no egg things on top)

Lilliputt
07-20-2007, 14:26:10
http://bestsmileys.com/drooling/3.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/drooling/3.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/drooling/3.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/drooling/3.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/drooling/3.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/drooling/3.gif

I get tooo hungry in this thread :'(

school girl
07-21-2007, 06:45:05
big or small picther

Teeodd28403
07-25-2007, 05:17:39
WARNING: The following recipes contain alcohol and should only be consumed by those of a legal drinking age in their specific location.

HinaHo

2parts Bacardi 151
1part Malibu coconut rum
1part Midori
1part pineapple juice

Shake all ingredients together with ice and strain into shooter glasses

Also White Sangria
1 bottle decent piot grigio (nothing terribly expensive)
16oz pineapple juice
16oz orange juice
2 oranges (blood oranges are best) sliced
1 pineapple peeled cored and sliced (or 1 can pineapple slices)

Add all ingredients into a large pitcher and add ice.
Allow to chill in the refrigerator for 1hr before service

Brimful-Asha
07-25-2007, 21:52:43
Since I had loads left from your recipe teeod i thought the rest who also tried ur recipe would have loads left,unless they r alcys like viv,
Ingredients-serves 8

5 boned chicken breasts
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons ground pepper
1 6 1/4 oz can frozen orange juice
2 teaspoons paprika
1 cup amaretto

Method
Mix the can of frozen orange juice with a half can of water. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic salt. Coat chicken with this mixture. Heat oil and butter in skillet and sauté chicken until brown. Remove and put in casserole. To skillet, add mustard, orange juice and Amaretto. Increase heat and boil, stirring constantly, until thick. Pour sauce over chicken and bake, covered, for 45 minutes. this can be frozen and reheated later
what i did was add a lil thyme and musshrooms and green peppers to it ;)

jenni.p123
07-25-2007, 21:56:26
yummy :lala:

jack
07-26-2007, 09:54:10
WARNING: The following recipes contain alcohol and should only be consumed by those of a legal drinking age in their specific location.

Oatmeal Cookie Drink:

1/4 cinnamon schnapps
1/4 Irish cream
1/4 butterscotch schnapps
1/4 Jägermeister

Shake all ingredients together with ice and strain into shooter glasses.

The recipe below is one I have made many times and enjoy. The ingedients may turn some people off, but it is very good if you give it a try. You can substitute other meats if you desire and it is still quite delicious. I have posted the recipe I typically use below with proper credit given:

DINUGUAN (BLOOD STEW)
Categories: Pork
Yield: 4 servings

1 lb Pork, diced
2 tb Oil
2 Cloves garlic, minced
1 Onion, diced
1/4 lb Pork liver, diced
1/2 c Vinegar
2 tb Patis (fish sauce)
1 ts Salt
1/4 ts MSG (optional)
1 1/2 c Broth
1 c Frozen pigs blood
2 ts Sugar
3 Hot banana peppers
1/4 ts Oregano (optional)

1. Cover pork with water and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from brot dice. Save 1-1/2 cups of broth.
2. In a 2-quart stainless steel or porcelain saucepan, heat oil and garlic and onions for a few minutes. Add pork, liver, patis, salt and Saute for 5 minutes more.
3. Add vinegar and bring to a boil without stirring. Lower heat and simmer uncovered until most of the liquid has evaporated.
4. Add broth. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in blood and sugar; cook until thick, stirring occasionally to avoid curdling.
5. Add hot banana peppers and oregano and cook 5 minutes more. Serve
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 50 minutes Serves 4 Recipes by Dennis Santiago

Teeodd28403
07-26-2007, 13:27:51
Really Jack you make it with jaeger? Guess we've been stiffing people cause we only use the first 3 ingredients

jack
07-27-2007, 20:13:55
Yeah, try it once. It actually enhances the flavor even more.

Brimful-Asha
07-28-2007, 13:29:37
This Is Another Indian Recipe Which I absolutely Love! its Call Murgh Makani in Indian

Ingredients-Serves 8

-8 pieces of Chicken Breasts

-Salt to Taste

-1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice

-1 Green Chili, Chopped

-1/4 oz Root Ginger, Peeled

-3 Small Garlic Cloves, Peeled

-1/4 Pint Natural Yogurt

-2 Teaspoon Paprika

-1/4 Teaspoon Chili Powder

-Orange Food Colouring [optional]

- A little Melted Butter

-6 oz Unsalted Butter

-1/4 Pint Soured Cream

-2 oz Chopped Cashew Nuts or Almonds

Instructions

Pre-heat oven to 220C

1. Make sharp slits to the skin of the chicken, rub with salt and sprinkle with lemon juice. Puree the chili with the ginger and garlic. Mix with the yogurt, paprika, chili powder and orange colouring if liked. Mix with the chicken and marinate 4-5 hours.

2. Remove the chicken portions, putting aside the marinade and place on a baking tray and bake for 45-50 minutes, brushing with a little butter occasionally.

3. Melt the butter in a pan, add the marinade,cashew nuts/almonds and soured cream and heat, without boiling, for 5-6 minutes. Pour over chicken and serve.

4. Serve as a main course with naan bread or rice

vivi
07-30-2007, 11:38:02
well you have been busy in my absence havent you all- lots of new things for me to try- nam nam as they say here

well heres a local recipe for you to try--
Gravadlax

1 or 2 whole sides of salmon if just one-cut it in half on the broadside

2dl salt
2dl sugar
2 cups of dill
2dl akevitt, cognac, jack, or any other alcohol you want to use- no cream stuff-it goes bad

you need to plan this as it takes three days

freeze the salmon for a day to kill any germs and then thaw

in a dish that is big enough to comfortably hold the salmon-put some of the salt and sugar and dill in the bottom (1/3) put one side of salmon on top of this- skin side down-put 1/3 of the sugar salt and sill on this and half the alcohol if using
put the other piece of salmon on this skin side up and cover with the rest of the dill and sugar and salt and alcohol-cover with clingfilm and leave in a cool place- the fridge if you can for 2 days- turn it twice a day

take it out and scrape off the curing liquid and dill
with a pair of tweezers or a boning tool, remove the bones from both sides

slice very thinly on a lateral cut

we serve this with new potatoes that are covered with a dill sauce (bechemel) and a thick sweet mustard vinaigrette with dill on the salmon, but its great with salad, cream cheese, avocado, whatever you feel like

vivi
08-02-2007, 21:32:02
come on you foodies lets see more

tried gumbo-havent words-its heaven-
the monkfish and pesto-tried it with other fish too- a great recipe
carmit- keep coming with the puddings- you are a star- if you want some tips for good easy and cheap recipes-just say
sumi-im a indaholic-but always like new ideas
teeodd- what can i say- i think we are twins seperated to give the world a better chance to taste the best

Teeodd28403
08-04-2007, 17:06:13
Thanks vivi. I'm glad you liked the gumbo. PM me and tell me how it turned out.

Crimsonthread
08-05-2007, 23:53:48
I've seen lots of interesting recipes on here, but not many that are vegetarian friendly--so here's my two cents!

Mushroom Burger

Ingredients:
2 cups finely chopped fresh portobello mushrooms
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp minced garlic (optional)

1 tbsp olive oil
4 whole wheat hamburger buns

In a large bowl, combine the first ten ingredients, mixing well. Shape into 4 patties.
In large skillet, cook patties in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until crisp and lightly browned. Serve on buns.

These "burgers" can be dressed the same way you would dress a hamburger. I prefer mine with tomatoes, sliced avocado, Romaine lettuce, and a bit of mayo.

The seasonings you use in this recipe are very versatile, too--you can change a few spices and have a completely different taste.

Alternatively, this recipe can also be used for making vegetarian "meat"loaf. Instead of forming into patties and cooking in skillet, place the mixture in a smallish loaf pan. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with 1/4 cup extra cheese, then bake for 10 minutes more.

mini demond
08-06-2007, 04:18:09
my sis who is Carmit (banned for a while) makes the best blue bery pies

Teeodd28403
08-07-2007, 16:07:31
WARNING!!!! THE FOLLOWING RECIPE CONTAINS ALCOHOL AND SHOULD ONLY BE CONSUMED BY THOSE WHO ARE OF A LEGAL DRINKING AGE.

The Labyrinthian: (for you Lilliputt):P

1oz Raspberry Vodka
1/2oz Raspberry Schnapps
1/2oz Blue Raspberry Cocktail Mixer
Splash of sour mix
Shake all ingredients over ice and strain into a maritin glass
Sink a small amount of grenadine into the bottom of the glass and enjoy

Lilliputt
08-14-2007, 16:02:08
:o.... I... Thaz sound real good. Thank you, my dear Teeodd :hug2:

Teeodd28403
08-17-2007, 07:44:44
No problem I have lots of drink recipes. If anyone has a favorite ingredient I can probably come up with a drink for them. Just list your favorites and I will be more than glad to help. :)

EscapeGirl
08-17-2007, 07:54:03
Hey Teodd....What about Kahlua?

Teeodd28403
08-17-2007, 08:00:12
WARNING!!!! THE FOLLOWING RECIPE CONTAINS ALCOHOL AND SHOULD ONLY BE CONSUMED BY THOSE WHO ARE OF A LEGAL DRINKING AGE.

Hmmmmm depends on what you like. If you like kahlua then I'm sure you've had your share of white russians. How bout this.

Roasted Toasted Almond

1oz Vodka
1/2oz Kahlua
1/2oz Frangelica
Half and Half (if you want a shot then just add 1/2oz, for a drink just put all other ingredients in then add enough half and half to fill a glass on the rocks.) You could always add more alcohol to achieve the desired strength.

Burning the midnight oil I see. :P

EscapeGirl
08-17-2007, 08:03:04
Thank you for that!! :hug2: I'll try it when I get settled into my new place. And yes, I've had White Russians. They're good. Oh yeah...but I'm about to head to bed. ;)

Teeodd28403
08-17-2007, 08:06:25

If you have a blender then the possibilities with kahlua are endless. Try mixing 2oz of kahlua with 1oz of vanilla vodka and one scoop of chocolate ice cream and some half and half and you'll have a mudslide

EscapeGirl
08-17-2007, 08:07:54
:lala: I just got a new blender for Christmas. Just haven't used it yet. :lala: I like Mudslides, but have never made one at home! :D

Teeodd28403
08-17-2007, 08:12:56

They are super easy. If you like kahlua then I bet you'll like chocolate martini's. Here's a good recipe for one.

2oz vanilla vodka
1oz Godiva chocolate liquer
1oz half and half

Shake all ingredients over ice and strain into a martini glass that you have swirled a little chocolate syrup into. If you want to get really fancy you can rim the glass with cocoa powder but you don't have to. Also you could always add 1oz of cold espresso and you'll have a mochatini

Themolestarted
08-29-2007, 13:21:21
This sounds delisious

Themolestarted
09-04-2007, 10:10:15

THE BLOODY MARY

This is a fairly simple drink to make

#1.first get a bottle of vodka
#2.then get some tomato juice or make fresh tomato juice
#3.next mix the two thoroughly
#4.drink:D

Teeodd28403
09-06-2007, 05:24:07
Mole, If you really want a good bloody mary add a dash of worchestshire, a dash of tobasco, some celery salt, and black pepper

Themolestarted
09-06-2007, 07:02:46
Thanks Teeod
I'll keep that in mind

SuzyE730
11-09-2007, 17:53:39
I'm looking for an interesting recipe that is easy to make...I mean that can be made by children and has a different taste than the ordinary sanswich! Any help?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?:?::?:?

Carmit
11-09-2007, 18:18:41
so much achole hhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm
same my school lunch is quite dull

SuzyE730
11-09-2007, 18:35:27
yes and I have to write an article for the school paper and I chose an interesting food recipe! So I HAVE TO find something!!!

Carmit
11-09-2007, 18:43:48
i neeed a lunch!!!!!!!!!!!

SuzyE730
11-09-2007, 18:48:41
and I need a cool recipe WOTHOUT alchohol for my article!!!!

Carmit
11-09-2007, 18:52:55
yeah well my resipes are thess
for resipes i got warm blueberrry cakes,blueberry pancakes,blueberrymuffins,blueberry pineapple delight,blueberry and apple crumble,vinnila orange panna cotta andmandarin and lemon cream mousse
and ice

SuzyE730
11-09-2007, 19:01:11
remind me what was a pancake:shy:.....I'm forgeting my english!:S

Carmit
11-09-2007, 19:05:42
like a breakfast... ok a pic it lasts longer

Mcakkay
11-10-2007, 00:29:31
ohhh put in a recipe from different places around the world!! Canada's contibution can be the amazing Poutine!!! fries with gravy and cheese..Sooo gooodd!!!

someguy
11-10-2007, 00:43:04
here is a recipe that we make for reunions.

Easy Oven Brown Stew

2lbs boneless beef cut into 1" pieces
3 stalks celery cut into 2' pieces
5 or 6 carrots cut into 1" pieces
2 medium onions quartered
4 medium potatoes quartered
1lb can tomatoes or 1 pint
1 can green beans drained (reserve liquid)
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup quick cooking tapioca
1 tbsp salt
1/3 tsp pepper
1 tbsp sugar

Spread meat in bottom of roaster or large pan. sprinkle tapioka over meat. Add celery, carrots, onions, potatoes and tomatoes. Combine liquid drained from beans, water and seasonings and pour over meat and veggies. Cover tightly and bake at 300 degrees for 4 to 4 and a half hours. Refrigerate the drained beans and stir into stew when it's done. for thicker stew use 1/2 cup of tapioca.

makes 10-12 servings

Crimsonthread
11-10-2007, 03:59:31
Suzy--I posted one a couple of months ago that would be fairly easy. Really delicious, too. http://www.gamershood.com/forum/showpost.php?p=444774&postcount=54

someguy
11-10-2007, 04:03:19
you should all try mine.
It turns out really great.

SuzyE730
11-10-2007, 08:53:09
@someguy
it looks kinda difficult!:?

@Crimson
hmm:hmm: looks good but I can't understand some words in bulgarian and I need to know every single word!:(

Carmit
11-19-2007, 07:53:33
please i need a good lunch

sweet_kitty22
03-23-2008, 15:30:01
Great GH snack...

Bacon Roll!!

Hot dog style bread roll
Butter or margarine
Bacon
optional: egg and baked beans

fry the bacon in butter#butter bread
put bacon in bread
put in oven and set to grill.
leave till nice and warm.

optional
add egg in side.
serve with beans
eat hot =)

sixsix
06-16-2008, 00:12:13
come on- you are from all over the world- let's have your best recipes!

EscapeGirl
06-16-2008, 08:20:47
I've merged your thread with this one, as they're essentially the same. ;) :)

Eternal Becky
06-16-2008, 11:30:50
Ohh wow. I never knew there was a thread for recipes :D

New1000
06-16-2008, 11:59:53
Me too.
Though i never had made anything new. ill think of something.

sweet_kitty22
06-23-2008, 20:47:38
chocolate oatmeal

You need: Them packetsies of instant oatmeaaalll..
Hot milk
dark chocolate/milk chocolate... depends on you!

1: mix hot milk with oatmeal till sticky and not runny.
2: roll into many little marbles.
3: melt choc with a teaspoon of butter
4: stick cocktail sticks into marbles
5: dip in choccy while hot.
put on plate, wait till warm or cold...
6 eat.

Saw III
07-23-2008, 00:01:58
Awesome Sandwich

Bread (duh!)
Nuts
Tomato Sauce
Liver and Onions
Pudding
Gravey
and to top it all off, drench the sandwich with water til' it goes all soggy

YUM! YUM!

Crimsonthread
07-23-2008, 00:10:12
YUCK! Even if I wasn't a vegetarian, that sounds very unappetizing. :haha: But to each his own, so cheers!

ShiningStar
07-23-2008, 05:29:11
Awesome Sandwich

Bread (duh!)
Nuts
Tomato Sauce
Liver and Onions
Pudding
Gravey
and to top it all off, drench the sandwich with water til' it goes all soggy

YUM! YUM!

well that is uh quite a different type of sandwich, but if you like it, then thats cool :)

Rhiannann
07-28-2008, 08:39:10
Here is a recipe my cousin sent me for meatloaf. I have made it and it's pretty good.

1 ½ lb Pork/Veal/Beef mix (½ lb of each)
½ C Panko (Japanese Style) Bread crumbs
2 Eggs lightly beaten
½ C Milk
1 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1-2 Cloves Garlic
1 Small Onion
½ tsp Thyme
½ tsp Rosemary
2-3 Tbsp fresh Tarragon
1/3 C fresh Parsley
½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/4 tsp celery seeds
2-3 celery heart stalks with leaves chopped in processor
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar (don’t substitute another vinegar)
1 Tbsp Tomato paste

Glaze

8 Tbsp Ketchup
4 Tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Blackstrap Molasses
2 Tbsp Pickapeppa Sauce or A1 or Steak sauce

In a bowl mix all of the ingredients except Balsamic vinegar thoroughly. It’s good to use vinyl gloves and use your hands. When well mixed, add the vinegar. Place meat mixture on a glass or non-stick baking sheet and form into a loaf with your hands. Brush the glaze over top, and periodically throughout the cooking about 15 min or so letting it form a crust. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until internal temp is 160 or above. Remove from oven and let rest at least 5 min before cutting. If you like you can place 3-4 strips of bacon on top before baking.

Heartofthedark
08-01-2008, 04:07:39
This isn't really a recipe but ah well!

10 second avocado snack!

Cut one, large California grown avocado in half around the seed.
Remove seed and skin.
Cut the inside into bite size peices.
Drizzle with Extra virgin olive oil and top it with a little sea salt.
Enjoy!

There! :P That's another contribution to a thread

funja
08-01-2008, 05:10:32
Cheese lot and lots of cheese

Crimsonthread
12-20-2008, 17:44:09
Vegetable Linguini Alfredo

Ingredients:
1 lb. linguini
1 package of matchstick cut carrots
2-3 medium zucchini, julienned
1 small bag chopped frozen broccoli, thawed
2 jars alfredo sauce
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. basil
Garlic salt
1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced lengthwise

Cook linguini according to package instructions. Heat oil in large sauté pan. Sauté carrots for 3-4 minutes. Add zucchini, sauté for 2-3 additional minutes or until tender. Add broccoli, sauté 2 minutes, then add basil, garlic salt to taste, and sauce. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until warm. Pour over linguini and top with fresh grape tomatoes.

humphryboop
12-20-2008, 18:07:53
...Wow.
So much food! :P

Crimsonthread
12-20-2008, 18:36:40
Yeah, that much will easily serve 8-10 people as a side dish. But I think it's delicious... and I kinda put it together myself, without a recipe to go by. Since you julienne the zucchini, it looks like green noodles mixed with the linguini. :)

Lilliputt
12-20-2008, 19:01:14
Ah... italian food. Yum, yum, yum http://www.smileyarena.com/emoticons/Emotions/Eating/ready4.gif
Whaz that mean... "julienne"? :?

Crimsonthread
12-20-2008, 19:17:06
Uh... To finely slice an ingredient into 'needle-like shreds'. http://cooking4chumps.com/Images/Lingo/Lingo%20Julienne.jpg

Heartofthedark
12-20-2008, 19:41:48
Lilli - Here is a video if you still don't understand ;)
http://videofeeds.foodtv.ca/mms/rt/1/site/aac-pub01-live/current/launch.html?playerId=foodtvvideocenterdart&maven_referrer=static&maven_referralPlaylistId=261cd9e8532368366d53002b5 1e546ada5b6acf9&maven_referralObject=289098103

Lilliputt
12-20-2008, 19:53:07
Oh... :o.... thank you both :hug2:

RBS
12-20-2008, 20:21:22
This thread is making me hungry [except for that liver and onions pudding sandwich].

Simple potatoes: 4-6 medium size potatoes per batch, California style garlic salt (it has parley) 20 minutes total cooking time.

Slice peeled white potatoes in half and then slice each half into 1/8 " half moons.
Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in large cooking pot with lid
Add potatoes and stir around til evenly coated, keep stirring occassionly for even browning about 10 minute.
Add a little water (about 1/8th cup) to make steam and cover for 10 minutes stir occassionly to prevent sticking.
Remove lid and shake in salt to taste. At least a tablespoon.

These go good with just about anything and never any leftovers!

Nunu
11-08-2009, 19:17:49
Yourown easy to make pasta sauce

(This is a combination of sweet, sour, and salty.)
PS, there's no specific quantity, just whatever suits you. Srry.
Add lemon/lime
Add sweet soy sauce
Add just a TIN dash of cinnamon
Add butter
Add salt
Put on your pasta, after mixing.