Path to Pelantas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Path to Pelantas

This post to tell you of a brand new text-based browser game.

Path to Pelantas

"Path to Pelantas" is a unique addition to the world of online games. Combining elements from sports management and role playing games, this game is the only one of its kind. The setting is a medieval fantasy world, where you undertake the command of a homestead as an aspiring lord.

With the task as ruler of your homestead comes the responsibility of managing a party of heroes all willing to fight under your banner. You appoint these heroes for weekly arena battles against other lords and you send them into the wilderness to complete dangerous quests and fight vicious monsters.

The game is played using only the internet and a browser. The game is text-based and is played real time, meaning that most events take place on a regular weekly scheduled basis. Thus battles are always fought on Saturday and quests are always resolved on Mondays. There is a possibility for new events to happen any time though, so there are plenty of reasons to log in every day.

The game is not time consuming at all and this is why it is such a great alternative to other Massive Multi User Online Role-Playing Games (MMORPG). Many gamers will find a few logins every week sufficient while others will probably log in several times a day.

Last edited by Goffdahl; 11-07-2007, 19:22:50.

Not to be rude, but I'm curious how this is different from all the other MUD type games out there? (I've never actually played one, but the guys that roomed across the hall from me in college wrote their own MUD and played it all the time... this just sounds familiar in that regard as it's an online text-based game). I'm guessing the major difference falls in when and how battles and quests are done/resolved.

At any rate, good luck to the creators! I'm sure a project like this took a good deal of time to develop and will continue to be a time-consuming project... I must say though, at first glance, the art work is well done (for the html pages). I'm sure you guys will do well!
    - Double G
    sofamade.com

Comment

Thanks for your nice reply!

The game is very different from MUDs since most events are scheduled. For an example arena battles are fought each and every Saturday at 16.00 CET. You just assign your heroes before that and they will fight for you even though you are not online. This gives the gamer much more freedom than the time-consuming MUDs.

Comment

You wanted to state that I really enjoy this game. Found the link on another forum and tried it out. It has real potential! Now I just need to find out how to win battles and defeat monsters

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Glad you like the game. Actually more than 15o Gamershood users already signed up! I am very grateful for that!

Comment

A lot of new features and nice new artwork is now available

Comment

Working...
            X