PDA

View Full Version : Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe

OneBun
02-03-2006, 08:11:23
What an awesome movie!!!

Did ya all know it has a religious undertone to it?

Do you know what they are? :)

Jellybean
03-07-2006, 16:22:25
that movie was so good, i love those wierd creatures like dragons and griffins and stuff.

faceman
03-07-2006, 18:19:16
I've seen the trailer only :'(

But it looks good (y)

OneBun
03-25-2006, 04:36:22
I've seen the trailer only :'(

But it looks good (y)
You'll have ta go see it! I went and saw it in an IMAX Theater. That made it really cool! I recommend seeing it that way. It would be so worth it--I promise you!

infra-red
03-31-2006, 17:29:12
I love that film.Sorry Peter is well gorgeous.

Jess
04-23-2006, 20:42:03
I love that film.Sorry Peter is well gorgeous.

Affirmative and he is my age (I think)

Sk8er
04-24-2006, 21:22:32
:popc1: OH it is :popc1:

Pretty good

KurjuseLord
04-30-2006, 12:11:07
Did you know that in Estonia (i live here) is it Narnia lood: L?vi, N?id, ja Riidekapp. :D That's nice :D

thugthizzle
04-30-2006, 23:19:02
it was cool i liked the war when the cheetahs and tigers fought

Unregistered11
06-07-2006, 16:45:48
I really liked it, good movie.

The religious undertone was that Aslan was Jesus and he was sacrficed on the table(cross) to pay for the sins of another, Edmund (basically all sins) and he rose from the dead to defeat the witch (devil).

holycow
07-05-2006, 07:24:49
it reminds me of passion of the christ because the lion gives his life then he comes back an he is shining prety wierd hu

gamecheater
07-20-2006, 01:34:11
That Movie Was Soo Cool

Mcakkay
01-28-2007, 08:04:56
haha i like the movie and i like that it was in Epic Movie!!! Peter is really hot and they spoofed it good for Epic Movie!

zillah0625
04-05-2007, 17:04:33
I watched the older version of this movie and the difference between the older and the new one was really big...especially the special effects

Adventure
04-06-2007, 22:36:24
I watch this movie about two months ago with my hubby and I am sorry to say but it was so full of clich├ęs that I halfway didn't take the story serious anymore and started to make jokes about it. I reviewed it as one big melting pot of mythology, fairy tales and some bible details with an unoriginal outcome. I bet the book is really good and a pleasure to read (I never read it) but the movie I found just middling. Entertaining enough to watch it till the end.

Lilliputt
04-07-2007, 13:51:22
What an awesome movie!!!

Did ya all know it has a religious undertone to it?

Do you know what they are? :)

I agree! :D I had lots of fun watching it but then I was a huge fan of da Narnia books when I was younger. I was afraid the lion would not be as I imagine him back then but I think they made a good job of it.
Of course it has a religious undertone to it. Same as Lord of the Rings. Lewis and Tolkien knew eachother, both were leading figures in the English faculty at Oxford University and as I recall would discuss religion. I know what the undertones are, but I ain't tellin'. Those who have not seen the movie should be given a chance ta make up their own minds ;)

I think both authors were writing in a style that at that time most have felt very modern ;) Who knew it would grow to become a genre on its own?

@Adventure
It's true that the story is a big melting pot of mythology, fairy tales and some bible details. That is the point as I see it. So it is really a question of taste. If ya don't like the obvious lines between good and evil, monsters and heroes then this is not a movie for you. The plot is just not so complicated. Also the movie actually follows the story of the book quiet well, much like the movies of the Lord of the Ring trilogy. Remember though, it really isn't a story written for adults but for older children and adolescents. The religous undertone at the time was written very likely for the reader to have as a guideline. It must have been taken for granted that the reader would recognize it and thus have sense of familiarity for the story. It may not be so true today, I dunno. Times change.