PDA

View Full Version : Rodin Gate

GamersHood
12-05-2007, 04:10:37
Sort of escape the room game. Point and click around, collect items and escape the scary place.

Please click below to play the working game. The game on gamershood is buggy.

Play here (http://cgi.members.interq.or.jp/piano/mac/new_sound_box/other/d_game9/)

Walkthrough (http://gamershood.com/forum/showpost.php?p=559426&postcount=36)

kellillek
12-05-2007, 04:21:45
Oooh, intense. I'm not sure if something is just wrong with my game or something, but whenever I click on something it just says "not." Hm hm hm.

Lilliputt
12-05-2007, 05:23:00
A bit tricky and the door part is VERY frustrating but... I AM OUUUUUUUT!!! :leb: http://smilies.sofrayt.com/^/aiw/yahoo.gif :leb:

Tobble
12-05-2007, 05:34:25
well done! i'm wandering around lost outside, have got or used 4 items but am stuck, any help Lilliputt?

Lilliputt
12-05-2007, 05:38:42
Well, I am about ta go ta sleep. Have you found the
place with all the candles? You need to enter the maze, chose right at the statue on the wall hingy, then left and then left again, I think. When you get to where the stairs are, go up the first but behind the second :)

Tobble
12-05-2007, 05:39:57
i'll try now, thanks, goodnight!

Lilliputt
12-05-2007, 05:40:35
Bye! :yaya: Good luck :D PM if ya get too stuck ;)

Zorax
12-05-2007, 05:53:09
i've got 2 pieces of the crystal,
i cant get the gun and i cant figure out the lock. any help?

Edit: ok i got the gun and used it to get the 3rd peice of crystal, all i have left to use is the burning eye. Ah, i need 2 more peices of crystal

Sinitalela
12-05-2007, 06:05:03
i thought id play this while on a break from doing my finals. ummmm... SO HARD!!! lol! are u guys playin it in english? cuz im not haha!
right now ive gotten sum sandpaper thing, a key (used), some thing from the fan, and the rope (used).

mattfca
12-05-2007, 06:06:01
I have the gun, a flaming eye and something that looks like a beetle or a necklace, and i've used the rope, the wire, the page and the key. I've found a room with some barrels that i can move around, a crystal i can't pick up and a ghost that i can't do anything with.

I've also noticed the clock mirrors the time on my PC. I wonder if all those notes maybe gave me a clue to set it to a certain time?

Edit: figured out the barrels

Tobble
12-05-2007, 06:06:19
grr, i have got all the star pieces, went up some stairs after going through the barred door in the bedroom then the game froze on a big floating eye. i give up, not doing it all again!

mattfca
12-05-2007, 06:11:42
Tobble, if you right click the game there's a 'datasave' function, i think it saves your progress.

And i figured out how to translate it into english... :lol:

and none of it gives me anything???

Zorax
12-05-2007, 06:12:36
for the crystal with the bees around it,
backtrack to the room where you disabled the fan, go left and put the barrels in the right combination (just try till you get it right, there are 2 different doors to open when you do this) go through the right door and up the right staircase and click on the seed thing and voila, go back to the crystal cause the bees are now gone

mattfca
12-05-2007, 06:15:37
Thanks Zorax, found a combination lock too.

Sinitalela
12-05-2007, 06:17:07
how'd u guys even get there lol! im stuck!!! the only new thing i've done is i got the eye

Zorax
12-05-2007, 06:19:38
yea, i just have absolutely no idea about that combination lock, ive looked through the whole level, maybe the numbers are in one of those writings on the wall that we can't read...

Zorax
12-05-2007, 06:21:25
Sinitalela: did you go to the room with the candles in the maze and light them all?
if you use the wire thingy on the gun, you can get it and use it in the middle staircase of the room with the combination lock

Sinitalela
12-05-2007, 06:27:55
yeah i did the candle thing. i finally found 2 crystals and now im stuck again lol! but i never found the wire.

Zorax
12-05-2007, 06:32:48
the wire is underneath the thing you used to turn off the fan, use the wire on the gun and the gun on the thing at the top of the middle staircase
and!!!
THE CODE IS 0524!!!! dont ask me how i know this, i have 4 crystal pieces now!!!

Sinitalela
12-05-2007, 06:36:27
the wire is underneath the thing you used to turn off the fan, use the wire on the gun and the gun on the thing at the top of the middle staircase
and!!!
THE CODE IS 0524!!!! dont ask me how i know this, i have 4 crystal pieces now!!!

LOL!!! thanx!

EDIT: WAIT! i only have 3 crystals. where'd u get the 4th? i got the one from the bee room, the staircase room, and the gun.

mattfca
12-05-2007, 06:45:45
Any ideas how to get past the bars?

Zorax
12-05-2007, 06:46:38
wow this is way too hard and stupid to get the last piece of star you need to go to the room with the screen behind bars and click repeatedly on the 3rd or 4th bar until it breaks, keep going through the doors until you get the last piece, then go back to the jail cell room with the bed and go through the door with the bars, now im stuck floating and looking at an eye, i guess this is where tobble was at. i saved it earlier and i just cant seem to get it to do anything, am i done?

kellillek
12-05-2007, 06:48:08
Zorax, you have been helping me so much, thanks!! :D

Edit: Except now I am stuck too, if this is the end I am super disappointed.

Zorax
12-05-2007, 07:06:09
the 4th crystal is in the room with the barrels, try a different configuration
you need 5 crystals to get past the bars in the cell with the bed
i know this isnt the end, there is another website where they have gotten to a puzzle past where i am, but no one knows how they got there

kellillek
12-05-2007, 07:08:49
Zorax - Are you talking about the colored star puzzle? I checked out another website too, but I have nooo clue how they got there. I have the crystal thing, and thank god I saved my game before I went through the bars, because I was able to go back. Still trying to figure it out though. :\

Zorax
12-05-2007, 07:10:31
yea, im at the exact same point, im really frustrated and i need to go to bed cause i have finals next week, lol.

kellillek
12-05-2007, 07:12:53
Grrr, I have been playing this for way too long, I should be going to bed soon too. But I am so **** about these things, it's going to kill me if I can't figure it out!

Zorax
12-05-2007, 07:14:38
haha, i know the feeling

Sinitalela
12-05-2007, 07:22:45
where r the 5 crystals? i have 4 n cant remember exactly where ive gotten them from. i should be doing finals rite now 2, BUT i CAN quit NOW lol!!!

kellillek
12-05-2007, 07:29:52
Sinitalela-
Did you go to the room with the three doors that take you back to the start? You need to keep going through them (I think the Japanese says something about going through one of them ten times) and you will go to a room with the crystal in it.
Hope that helps, I can't remember where I found the earlier ones...

yinyang0564
12-05-2007, 07:32:32
I think this version is buggy. I am playing it on another site and get a new puzzle at the place with the floating eye (after the last gem).

kellillek
12-05-2007, 07:35:01
I think this version is buggy. I am playing it on another site and get a new puzzle at the place with the floating eye (after the last gem).

No way!! How frustrating! I seriously don't want to go through and do it all over again. Uh, since I have my data saved, do you think if I switch over it will allow me to load? :D?

Edit: Dang dang dang. I went to the other site with the game, and right away I heard music, which I didn't hear on this version. Red flag number 1! AND it didn't let me load my data. Forget it, I am going to bed frustrated. :( :(

Sinitalela
12-05-2007, 07:35:04
Sinitalela-
Did you go to the room with the three doors that take you back to the start? You need to keep going through them (I think the Japanese says something about going through one of them ten times) and you will go to a room with the crystal in it.
Hope that helps, I can't remember where I found the earlier ones...

yeah i got that one. ohhhz wellz. i wonder if other sites have it. ill check around.

pandwra
12-05-2007, 11:13:31
finally after playing it in three different sites I managed to find a full working version with sound and the final puzzle. nice game and interesting atmosphere. pity I can't understand the language. thanks for your posts!!!
:turtleride:
:itchyscra

leada93
12-05-2007, 13:50:01
ok I must be the stupiest person in the world but how do i get it to play. I hit play and all I see is some letters in Jananese and a girl talking and I cant hear her so wat do i do?

Lilliputt
12-05-2007, 20:15:36
Well, I might have made a sort of walkthrough that I hope will be of some use :) A tip is to read everything you find that seems readable. I am going to perfect this walkthrough so suggestions are welcome.
I agree that the puzzle part seems buggy. I have tried it a few times and it does not seem to work even if I have found all the items I need. :S
Thanks to Sandbox for help with solving this game :)

EDIT: After replaying the game a few more times it turns out the the stuff you can read in the game is not important for finishing. :)
I have divided this walkthrough into chapters to easily find the place where you might be stuck.

First room: dark with door in front of you. Right click the screen and choose English If you like. Examine the red text on the door. It will mention Dante’s diary. As you progress in the game you will find a lot of Dante being mentioned.
Choose the arrow to the right twice to move around in the room. Get the rope from the rocking horse. Chose the right arrow again and look at the fan above the horse. There is an object but you cannot get it because the fan is spinning. You can examine the rest of the rest of the room but there is nothing more to find. Go back and out the red open door. Examine the box on the upper left and click the cables to make the fan stop spinning. Then get the item on the lover left of the box. Go back into the room with the rocking horse and get the key from the fan. Go out through the red door.
The hall: There is not much else to do but choose the arrow on the middle part of the screen and go right. Continue forward ‘til you reach the second room with the two barrels. Move forward and attach the rope to the loop thingy in the wall to the right by clicking the loop. Go down the rope by clicking the rope. When you reach the end of the rope click the red thing you will see beside the rope. Click the arrow to the right of the rope that points upwards. You will go into the shaft and see two burning eyes. You cannot do anything about that so go back to the rope. Click twice the arrow under the rope to go to the right and you will see a stairway. Click the arrow beside the rope that is pointing upwards.
The MAZE: you find yourself in a maze outside the entrance to a maze. Chose the arrow pointing up and go inside. There are three stone cubes and on top of the middle one is a statue. Choose the arrow to the right of the statue. You get to a crossroad with three walls. On top of the one closest to you is a statue. Chose the left arrow to go to a place with a pile of stone pillars. There is a book under the pillars and a thing to the right of the pillars. It’s a necklace, get it and go back to the crossroad.
Chose the arrow pointing to the right. You will enter a room with walls and a stone cube in the middle that has a statue on top. Choose the left arrow and you will get to a room with a thing that looks like a well on the left and a statue on the ground. Choose the left arrow and you will go to a room with a statue on top of a pillar. Choose the left arrow again and you will find some a small staircase. There is a book under the stairs that you can click if you like. Go up the stairs and you will find another statue on a pillar. There are also more steps leading further up. Chose the arrow to the right of the stairs that is also pointing up. You will find yourself in a room with a man spinning in mid air. The lights are a puzzle. Try and click so that all lights get lid. Here a solution

Middle stone – left candle
Middle stone – right candle
Far left candle
Far right candle
Right (of the middle stone) candle
Left (of the middle stone) candle
Middle stone – middle candle
Get the square thing above the middle stone with candles. You need it to get the one of the burning eyes. Choose the arrow to go back and you end up at the entrance of the maze. Go back to the rope and click the left or right arrow twice to get back to the shaft

Shaft: Click the eye to the right and you will have it in your inventory. Go back to the rope and click the rope to go up. Go back (twice) to where the two barrels are and click the new arrow to go to the left. Close to the barrels. Move forward until you find a room with a picture nailed to something that looks like a bridge. Click the up arrow and look at the picture. Take the gun to the left. Go back and to the left. Examine the book if you like then go through the open door. Move forward until you come to a room with bars. Click the fourth bar from the left (sometimes it needs more than one click) and it will break.
Click the white space behind the bars and a hole will appear. Go through the hole and you will find yourself in a place with three doors. (Personally I think that this is an irritating part of the game.) As I have replayed it I know that the solution is case sensitive and so changes. Try the door to the left. If you enter the room with the rocking horse, go back through the gray door that is now open. Try the left door many times until you get to a room with something that looks like a diamond but is actually a part of a star. Take it and go back. Chose any door to get to the room with the rocking horse and go out the red door.

Now you have an option to go to the left when you are in the hallway with the box. Go left and you will see three barrels and three white spots on the floor. Click, hold and drag the barrels onto the white spots. If you get it right a secret door or a secret panel will open. Just keep moving them around and remember there are two hidden places. If you open the secret panel to the left just take the item. When you get the hidden door open to the right go inside. Go up the middle stairs and click the gun in the heart, then click the diamond. Go back and choose the right stairs. Look at the image in the heart. It’s the well in the maze. Click the middle. Now go back and choose the left stairs. You will find a combination lock. You can try it if you like. The combination I tried from top to bottom was 0524 The last number may differ from game to game though. Go into the new room and you will find yourself in a bedroom with bars that open but will not stay open. You will have to have a complete star to be able to go through the barred gate. Chose the arrow to the left and examine the picture on the wall. It will disappear and you will see a crack in the wall. Keep clicking the crack and you will open a hole. Inside is another piece of the star. Take it. You should now only have one missing piece (If you managed to take the one in the room with the three barrels).
Go back to the labyrinth and find your way back to the place with the statue on the ground and the well to the left. There is now a flower and some bees. Look at the open door on the middle stone cube, go inside and get another diamond. Go back to the bedroom with the barred gate and click the gate. You will find yourself with a star puzzle. If you have done things right that is :S.
The star puzzle has five pairs of stars in different colors. Drag the big star to its corresponding colored dot and the small star to the blinking dot that the line of its color is pointing to. Then drag the small stars counter clockwise to the next blinking spot. The middle is supposed to change. Click it and a star appears, click that a couple of times and you are out. Congrats! :D

Sinitalela
12-06-2007, 03:39:59
Well, I might have made a sort of walkthrough that I hope will be of some use :) A tip is to read everything you find that seems readable. I am going to perfect this walkthrough so suggestions are welcome.
I agree that the puzzle part seems buggy. I have tried it a few times and it does not seem to work even if I have found all the items I need. :S
Thanks to Sandbox for help with solving this game :)
I have divided this walkthrough into chapters to easily find the place where you might be stuck.

First room: dark with door in front of you. Right click the screen and choose English If you like. Examine the red text on the door. It will mention Dante’s diary. As you progress in the game you will find a lot of Dante being mentioned.
Choose the arrow to the right twice to move around in the room. Get the rope from the rocking horse. Chose the right arrow again and look at the fan above the horse. There is an object but you cannot get it because the fan is spinning. You can examine the rest of the rest of the room but there is nothing more to find. Go back and out the red open door. Examine the box on the upper left and click the cables to make the fan stop spinning. Then get the item on the lover left of the box. Go back into the room with the rocking horse and get the key from the fan. Go out through the red door.
The hall: There is not much else to do but choose the arrow on the middle part of the screen and go right. Continue forward ‘til you reach the second room with the two barrels. Move forward and attach the rope to the loop thingy in the wall to the right by clicking the loop. Go down the rope by clicking the rope. When you reach the end of the rope click the red thing you will see beside the rope. Click the arrow to the right of the rope that points upwards. You will go into the shaft and see two burning eyes. You cannot do anything about that so go back to the rope. Click twice the arrow under the rope to go to the right and you will see a stairway. Click the arrow beside the rope that is pointing upwards.
The MAZE: you find yourself in a maze outside the entrance to a maze. Chose the arrow pointing up and go inside. There are three stone cubes and on top of the middle one is a statue. Choose the arrow to the right of the statue. You get to a crossroad with three walls. On top of the one closest to you is a statue. Chose the left arrow to go to a place with a pile of stone pillars. There is a book under the pillars and a thing to the right of the pillars. It’s a necklace, get it and go back to the crossroad.
Chose the arrow pointing to the right. You will enter a room with walls and a stone cube in the middle that has a statue on top. Choose the left arrow and you will get to a room with a thing that looks like a well on the left and a statue on the ground. Choose the left arrow and you will go to a room with a statue on top of a pillar. Choose the left arrow again and you will find some a small staircase. There is a book under the stairs that you can click if you like. Go up the stairs and you will find another statue on a pillar. There are also more steps leading further up. Chose the arrow to the right of the stairs that is also pointing up. You will find yourself in a room with a man spinning in mid air. The lights are a puzzle. Try and click so that all lights get lid. Here a solution

Middle stone – right candle
Far left candle
Far right candle
Right (of the middle stone) candle
Left (of the middle stone) candle
Middle stone – middle candle
Get the square thing above the middle stone with candles. You need it to get the one of the burning eyes. Choose the arrow to go back and you end up at the entrance of the maze. Go back to the rope and click the left or right arrow twice to get back to the shaft

Shaft: Click the eye to the right and you will have it in your inventory. Go back to the rope and click the rope to go up. Go back (twice) to where the two barrels are and click the new arrow to go to the left. Close to the barrels. Move forward until you find a room with a picture nailed to something that looks like a bridge. Click the up arrow and look at the picture. Take the gun to the left. Go back and to the left. Examine the book if you like then go through the open door. Move forward until you come to a room with bars. Click the fourth bar from the left (sometimes it needs more than one click) and it will break.
Click the white space behind the bars and a hole will appear. Go through the hole and you will find yourself in a place with three doors. (Personally I think that this is an irritating part of the game.) As I have replayed it I know that the solution is case sensitive and so changes. Try the door to the left. If you enter the room with the rocking horse, go back through the gray door that is now open. Try the left door many times until you get to a room with something that looks like a diamond but is actually a part of a star. Take it and go back. Chose any door to get to the room with the rocking horse and go out the red door.

Now you have an option to go to the left when you are in the hallway with the box. Go left and you will see three barrels and three white spots on the floor. Click, hold and drag the barrels onto the white spots. If you get it right a secret door or a secret panel will open. Just keep moving them around and remember there are two hidden places. If you open the secret panel to the left just take the item. When you get the hidden door open to the right go inside. Go up the middle stairs and click the gun in the heart, then click the diamond. Go back and choose the right stairs. Look at the image in the heart. It’s the well in the maze. Click the middle. Now go back and choose the left stairs. You will find a combination lock. You can try it if you like. The combination I tried from top to bottom was 0524 The last number may differ from game to game though. Go into the new room and you will find yourself in a bedroom with bars that open but will not stay open. You will have to have a complete star to be able to go through the barred gate. Chose the arrow to the left and examine the picture on the wall. It will disappear and you will see a crack in the wall. Keep clicking the crack and you will open a hole. Inside is another piece of the star. Take it. You should now only have one missing piece (If you managed to take the one in the room with the three barrels).
Go back to the labyrinth and find your way back to the place with the statue on the ground and the well to the left. There is now a flower and some bees. Look at the open door on the middle stone cube, go inside and get another diamond. Go back to the bedroom with the barred gate and click the gate. You will find yourself with a star puzzle. If you have done things right that is :S.
The star puzzle has five pairs of stars in different colors. Drag the big star to its corresponding colored dot and the small star to the blinking dot that the line of its color is pointing to. Then drag the small stars counter clockwise to the next blinking spot. The middle is supposed to change. Click it and a star appears, click that a couple of times and you are out. Congrats! :D

i guess I did things wrong cuz im just floating lol!!! goddamit. ive waisted so many hours of my life... but thank u soooo much 4 tha walkthrough. i was missing the last crystal.

kellillek
12-06-2007, 04:22:38
The walkthrough helped! The last star part was a bit confusing, but I liked how it all turned out. Too bad I couldn't understand the full story. The girl's last words made it seem like there will be another one! I hope there is! This one was good!

Lilliputt
12-06-2007, 14:48:15
i guess I did things wrong cuz im just floating lol!!! goddamit. ive waisted so many hours of my life... but thank u soooo much 4 tha walkthrough. i was missing the last crystal.

There was a problem with the link provided that has been fixed now. It should be possible now to get the star puzzle :)

I have replayed the game a few time now and I must say that the text that one can find in the game does not have any impact on finishing the game. Simply right click the game screen and choose English/Japanese to get the English version.

Glad the walthrough proved somewhat useful :$