PDA

View Full Version : Submachine 5: The Root

EscapeGirl
01-30-2008, 04:30:34
"The fifth episode of the Submachine series. This time we go back to the very first submachine ever built - historically speaking. It was created by an unknown scientist in the early 20th century. This is the place where it all started." (as described by LunaticByTheSea from Nordinho)

Play HERE. (http://www.gamershood.com/flashgames/5219) or HERE. (http://submachine5.com/)

Please use spoilers to give hints:
Enter text here...

mouthybrat
01-30-2008, 05:13:21
omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooooooooooo excited to play this!!! I LOVE submachine!!!!!

EscapeGirl
01-30-2008, 05:34:40
(Thanks for adding that, Mistery. ;) I spaced it. :))

I'm stuck...All I have is
I have a lead casting and have visited the lab, the root, and the corridor. But I'm totally stuck now. :S

madamebravado
01-30-2008, 05:38:27
I've gotten 1 wisedom crystal, 2 ciphers, 2 secrets, and charged a fuse...don't know where to put it. now i'm stuck

oh yeah...wrench (used several times) and lead fitting as well

EscapeGirl
01-30-2008, 05:40:13
You have all those already, madamebravado!? :o WOW! You're good. I'm so stuck. :shy: Can you maybe give me a nudge? :$

madamebravado
01-30-2008, 05:43:31
you use the ciphers to navigate through the rooms. I don't remember where, but they were easy to find. put each cipher in each slot and use all variations

sorry if that isn't much help.

mouthybrat
01-30-2008, 05:44:36
I have one cypher, the wrench, one secret and a lead casting...have been to the root, have been to the other location (747)

any help you can give, madamebravado, would be appreciated!!!

which slots are you talking about???

Mistery
01-30-2008, 05:46:03
(Thanks for adding that, Mistery. ;) I spaced it. :))

No problem ;)
Thanks for posting the game, I've been impatiently waiting for it, I even checked earlier today (when it was not out yet) :D
But I think I'll play it after some rest to be able to fully enjoy it :)

Good luck to those who are playing right now! :)

madamebravado
01-30-2008, 05:48:01
To get wisedom crystal: location: cipher plate 1 in slot 1, cipher plate 2 in slot 2
there are actually 3 wheels to turn, even though it seems you're just going around in circles. after the 3rd to the left is a room with a stone pillar and 3 black hole you can click on. You have to turn the wheels until all positions in the holes match up.You will get a metal box

take the box to the tub at location: cipher plate 1 in slot 1. put the box in the tub then use the wrench to get wisedom crystal by draining tub

mouthybrat
01-30-2008, 05:56:13
I am still not getting that...I don't see any slots to put any ciphers in...I don't see any wheels and I don't see any rooms with pillars...what location are you in? I have searched EVERYWHERE in 552 and have only found the one cipher, the lead fitting and the wrench (oh and one secret,woohoo)...and there isn't anything in 747 except a machine that doesn't work... more hints, please?

madamebravado
01-30-2008, 05:57:25
have you put the cipher in both slots?
sorry, slots are in the second room (down the ladder) when you enter the root. a metal box with 2 openings on top and a button...connected to lots of wires

ShiningStar
01-30-2008, 05:58:20
where is the wrench? and how do you get the light on in the cave?

yay found a secret! :P

mouthybrat
01-30-2008, 06:02:17
have you put the cipher in both slots?
sorry, slots are in the second room (down the ladder) when you enter the root. a metal box with 2 openings on top and a button...connected to lots of wires

that box won't open for me...how do I open it???

shiningstar...you might have to plug something in...maybe you could use a plug from something that is broken??? ;)

madamebravado
01-30-2008, 06:03:00
don't need to open it...just drag the cipher over the slots

in the first red room, click on machine on the ground on each hinge to release plug, then click metal box and it will plug in lights

in observation room under chair. top room to the left

mouthybrat
01-30-2008, 06:05:46
oh for crying out loud...I thought I had to open it!!!! doh!

ok...in the rooms that seem to all be the same...I have made all the arrows point the same directions in all three of the holes in the wall...still no metal box...

duh...pop!!!!

madamebravado
01-30-2008, 06:18:29
at cipher 2 in slot 2 location with a charged fuse in by the tub. then when you go to cipher 2 in slot 1 you can get through the brick wall...get 2nd wisedom gem. There is a secret hiding on the chair upstairs as well

EscapeGirl
01-30-2008, 06:28:27
you use the ciphers to navigate through the rooms. I don't remember where, but they were easy to find. put each cipher in each slot and use all variations

sorry if that isn't much help.

Hmm....I'm so dense - or maybe just tired. :P But I only have the lead casting. I haven't found anything else, though I have been to the 3 locations from the computer. :wht: :shy:

No problem ;)
Thanks for posting the game, I've been impatiently waiting for it, I even checked earlier today (when it was not out yet) :D
But I think I'll play it after some rest to be able to fully enjoy it :)

Good luck to those who are playing right now! :)

Oh, I've been anxiously awaiting it, too! :D:D:D I probably should play it when I'm more awake, but I lack the patience to wait. :P

I'm sure you'll enjoy it later. :)

jack
01-30-2008, 06:32:46
I am out and was trying to write a walkthrough, but quite honestly all this teleporting makes that very difficult to do.

Escape

Did you plug in the lights yet at 552?

madamebravado
01-30-2008, 06:33:16
go to the bottom right room and use the wrench on the panel to get the key. Take the key and open the box in the room with boxes (1 right from observation room. Then start travelling by putting the cipher you get in the different slots.

mouthybrat
01-30-2008, 06:34:13
EscapeGirl...the first cipher is located in the root...you'll find it inside a box after you have found a key...find the wrench in the observation room and use it on a panel to get a key, then use the key on the only closed box in the room next to the observation room...

Jack...why am I not surprised to find you're already out??? and you're right, all that teleporting is driving me batty...I'm gonna head off to bed now and try this again tomorrow night!!!

Good luck everyone!

madamebravado
01-30-2008, 06:35:03
still looking for the light bulb...

EscapeGirl
01-30-2008, 06:35:05
I am out and was trying to write a walkthrough, but quite honestly all this teleporting makes that very difficult to do.

Escape

Did you plug in the lights yet at 552?

Nope. Is that the root? The area where you crawl through that tunnel, and there is a broken machine?

I tried using the lead casting on it, but that didn't work. :P

@Mouthy....Thanks. :D Now...seems I'm missing a critical step, though. :P Jack just pointed it out. :shy:

mouthybrat
01-30-2008, 06:37:05
you have to open the top of the broken machine...there are two latches on either side of it...once you have it open, put the plug into the wall ;)

EscapeGirl
01-30-2008, 06:38:29
@Mouthy....THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! :hug2: :D Got it! :D

jack
01-30-2008, 06:39:14
still looking for the light bulb...

Put plate 1 in the left side of the teleporter and plate 2 on the right. You take it off the wall in one of the rooms.

madamebravado
01-30-2008, 06:43:37
Put plate 1 in the left side of the teleporter and plate 2 on the right. You take it off the wall in one of the rooms.

thank you so....i thought i tried every light. ugh. it seems the combinations are connected...like plate 2 in slot 1 related to plate 2 in slot 2. Does that make sense?

Out! Thanks to Jack's light bulb assistance. Only 3 of 5 secrets though...oh well. Great game as usual!!

jack
01-30-2008, 06:46:28
I needed help with the lightbulb too. I thought I had checked them all too.

Here is a list of the secrets:

1 was behind a pipe. The one where you get the symbols.

1 was to the left of the initial teleport 552

1 you need to use the power cube and go to the area with tubes in the ground. It is in a panel on the wall.

1 is on the chair at the top of the steps behind the door you blew up.

1 is found using plate 1 in the right side. Climb to the bottom, go to the left, move the plate from the wall, and then use the wrench on the bolts to get it.

Purp
01-30-2008, 07:54:22
YYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!:ura: I love the submachine series. It's what caused me to join Gamershood when I did. :bigparty::party::panda2::bis::git::appl::leb::hig h5::frfr:
So far I have Notes, Lead Casting, Wrench, Lightbulb, 3/5 secrets (Thanks, Jack), and a coil
I have no idea what to do with the lightbulb, I've taken the coil from one spot, and am going to try it in another, no idea what to do with the lead casting, and no idea how to blow up the brick wall. Could someone please help me? Thanks.

Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! It's a new Submachine!!! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay! Yay!

Moderators, please let me know if this is too much jubliation, and I will try to tone it down.

dia
01-30-2008, 12:08:01
finally i'm out!!!
great game as always!!
thanks!! :D

HANFGARN
01-30-2008, 14:56:56
wow. the submachine games NEVER gets boring.

nin_man
01-30-2008, 15:02:05
That was so fun. Too bad it's nearly impossible for me to give hints with all the transporting. :)

I will say that having speakers isn't exactly required, but you'll do a whole lot more running around if you don't have them.

Michelle
01-30-2008, 16:59:19
That was awesome! I was sooo happy when I came to gamershood this morning and saw a new Submachine. Made my day!

bmatt
01-30-2008, 18:36:54
That was great as always!
Out with all 5 secrets.
Thanks for the tips everyone. :)

Purp
01-30-2008, 23:32:55
I'm further then I was in my last post. I finally blew out the brick door, and got that Wisdom Gem, but there's a third and I have no idea where it is. :( On the upside, I do have all five secrets. ;) Does anyone know how to get past the arrows in the dog statue room?
That one really has me puzzled.

jack
01-31-2008, 01:31:53
Did you

use an item from your inventory on the statue yet? You'll need to use it more than once. Don't worry too much about the door.

Purp
01-31-2008, 01:42:08
Thanks, Jack. I thought I'd need two more lead castings. Good thing I didn't. Here's too looking forward to Submachine 6. :)

mouthybrat
01-31-2008, 02:52:25
okay, last night, I blew up that brick wall and didn't even realize I had done it...tonight, no matter what I try, I can't blow it up!!! arrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!

HELP!!!

good game!!!I finally figured out the combo to blow up that brick door!!!

funiax
02-02-2008, 08:54:53
great game! i love these game and i was about to post it wehen i found it lol but here it is! out with 100%

wilcoxj
02-02-2008, 19:07:10
wow, that was hard, i neededits walkthrough, that was hard, but fun

Adventure
02-08-2008, 21:02:09
Just finished the game with the 5 secrets! (Thank you for the spoiler, Jack). Fantastic game! Great puzzles! Can't wait for the next one!

Only, has anyone any idea what the purpose of the formula was and if it was possible to access the by spears protected chamber on the left of the dog statue?

Bylena
03-10-2008, 08:42:00
just found this one. can't figure how to blow the door.

Nevermind.....got it.

Man, I love these games!!!

haniiN
06-29-2008, 11:37:29
I'm out with all 5 secrets :) Nice game

Nick
06-29-2008, 23:14:15

There's only one room in (1,2) with a light bulb, and it's covered, so I can't take it off the wall...

Never mind, I got it! I was in the wrong room!

at cipher 2 in slot 2 location with a charged fuse in by the tub. then when you go to cipher 2 in slot 1 you can get through the brick wall...get 2nd wisedom gem. There is a secret hiding on the chair upstairs as well

I can't find a thing in that location. All I can do is turn that wheel at the left, and that doesn't even do anything...

And how do you get through the brick wall?

jeremie911
07-02-2008, 15:16:55
1 you need to use the power cube and go to the area with tubes in the ground. It is in a panel on the wall.

Where are there tubes on the grounds? And what power cube? I can't find it. That's the only secret I'm missing...

NVM got it :)

NannaJoy
07-05-2008, 02:16:03
REally need a map that shows us where we have been - just have areas appear on map as we reach them. Just getting started.
notes, lead casting, wrench, cipher 1 Note I thought had another link which I tried and it didn't work. Hmm. went back to bed and computer area .. nothing. So back to cave/tunnel to relook.
progress!!
second cipher and a secret and a wheel to turn.
hmm.. thought I was a ways from that location and I'm back there. Twilight zone!
OK - all 3 things that are sort of like clocks are pointing up (hint 9) but nothing happening. Hmm.. Maybe each has to point to decoration on outside? Will try that.
Edit - that's the ticket!
Well - territory I've seen eons ago in an old Submachine game.
notes, lead casting, 2 wisdom gems, empty coil, 3/5 secrets, 2 ciphers
ARGH! after midnight .. I did find where to stick something but what good? Still need at least 3 things. Hope my notes to self are good enough for tomorrow as I need my beauty rest in the worst way. *poof*

5July - back. trying to get back to where I was. Checking to see if anyone is around.
Hmm.. need a flashlight. An area I've not been to before. have 4/5 .. evidently stuck coil in wrong spot? or need to use that lead casting?
steal lightbulb from 1-2 (sections where you have to match up the hands) to use in 2-1. Now about markings on wall?? Can light up 3 but have no idea which 3 will do something. Also at beginning, climb up - click bottom button on box to right and one to left, go back down and the bars have moved so you can go down and use lightbulb to see down crawlway.
put coil in 1-0, then go to 0-2 and walk back down to wheel and note signs that have appeared. now you have the code.

OK - missing 1 secret. Grrr!
Thanks Jacks - missed one you listed second.
Did anyone go look for a room in the middle? one of the secrets.
I'm out - tah-dah!!!!

stucker
07-29-2008, 12:43:55
well I can tell you the location of 1 secret :P go to root but don't go anywhere! stay at portal and try to click a bit left and back to the portal and you will come to a new passage! :O! now follow it and you will see a gold holder thing with red ball collect the red ball that's the secret :P.

Sorry I didn't used spoiler I forgot how to use it >.<

voleri
11-01-2009, 12:34:02
okay to get first wisdom you have to write on your paper those codes in ancient room where is dog down the ladders put that small thing those holes and pilars go up and then go down and there is one wisdom okay to get another go there place where is 3 wheel and room where is metal box here i cant tell beacuse everyone has always different codes but here's tip that wheel where is next to little like mick that once and then those other so many times when it opens it hard but it open sometimes if oyu try hard and then last wisdom you get there where is that place in submachine 2 on that game you put wisdom and now you take it when you have all wisdoms go your teleport and put code 747 and go rigth where is great invention :D then go in and close door put all wisdoms to wisdom slot and press little button or what it is i dont remeber good then you escape!