Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there enough interest in downloadable free hidden object type game?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there enough interest in downloadable free hidden object type game?

Hi all,

I know that there is a strong interest in online Hidden Object type games. Unfortunately these are often only small demos of full games that are not free.

Now I was wondering, if there is interest in such games, that are free to download. If so, I'd be interested in creating one - but of course only if I know that players would download and enjoy to play it

Please vote in the poll, and also post your thoughts in this thread (e.g. under what circumstances you would download it: max. file size / quality / other expectations etc.), thanks

The poll and the thread will be closed End of March.
    Yes
    69.23%
    No
    23.08%
    I don't know
    7.69%

The poll is expired.

I downloaded the one hour trial full version of Ravenhurst: Mystery Files (Big Fish Games) and loved it. After completing a few scenes you got a music contraption puzzle you had to build and make work that was brilliant. I probably should go ahead and buy the full download of that one.

Edit: If a full game comes available I will give it a go.
    File size or download time really not an issue.
    Quality of game is a tricky subject, I still don't know how they can hide objects in plain sight the way they do sometimes.

I would love to see how yours turns out and look forward to news on how its going.
    Last edited by RBS; 03-15-2008, 18:26:43. Reason: more info

Comment

I LOVE those games! I downloaded 2 or 3 game demos like that and they were so much fun! SO I voted "Yes" in the poll!

Also size and download time also aren't a big problem with me too.
      If you make a hidden object game that's free I would make a "All hail to Mistery's genius" day!
      Thank you Gamershood forum for teaching me proper English without realizing it.

Comment

I REALLY enjoy those games and would DEFINITELY download and play if you made it! File size and download time aren't a huge issue to me, as long as the file size isn't so large that it uses way too much memory, and bogs my computer down. (Though I can't see that being an issue for a game like that. ) Anyway, YES. I would most definitely download and play it!

Comment

I am a supporter of my favourite aliens games and I must say I am very curious about this project so, yes, I would download and try it Here is another tip for you, dear alien: Your games are great sooooo MAKE MORE!!

STILL struddling

sigpic

PURPLE HELL is back and burning!! See you there!

Comment

I have downloaded quite a few of the 1 hour demos. It would be nice to download one I could actually finish. I would definitely like to see it happen.

Comment

I love those games! File size doesn't matter, but I would like a pause button and well it shouldn't be too easy of course.

As soon as it is released, I am on to it. Click image for larger version

Name:	clue.gif
Views:	1
Size:	626 Bytes
ID:	1687175
              Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Great, seems to be some interest so far.

(But of course I cannot copy those games from Big Fish Games, mine will be certainly a bit different if I create one)

Comment

I'm not much of a fan of find the hidden object or spot the difference games, but that's just my opinion (probably because I'm no good at them!). But you've got lots of people here that would enjoy it, so go for it! And, just because it's from you, I'd probably download and try it out anyway.
                  sigpic

Comment

I like playing this games, and I would love to play one without any time pressure
                    sigpic
                    The cute chicken of LooneyBin
                    With wonderful younger sisters:Animal Dragon Chocbubbles
                    Kids
                    Sons: Funja,Isaiah and 2 Tails
                    Daughter: Emo234
                    Proud member of GFARDTO
                    Carrot Explosion Expert
                    I'm CHOCACHOLIC and I like it and if you don't like it that's fine.More chocolate for me

Comment

Thanks for your feedback so far. Looking forward to more.

What I get so far, it should be
                      - like the Bigfish games
                      - easy enough
                      - without time pressure
                      - challenging
                      - not too easy
                      - with pause function.
                      Ummm... yes

LOL

Comment

I love the «easy enough» and «not too easy» ones
                        Wonder how you'll conjugate those both
                        Going on a trip around the universe on a convertible

Comment

Maybe it's the best to create different modes (easy, normal, hard).

Btw if there won't be any time pressure in the game, you may scratch my request for a pause button, Mistery.
                          Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by doglover View Post
                            I love the «easy enough» and «not too easy» ones
                            Wonder how you'll conjugate those both
                            Yeah, me too
                            I have no idea yet

@Adventure
                            Thanks - you're killing my last brain cells
                            I think that I will add time pressure - maybe I'll be able to create 2 difficulty modes, dunno yet

EDIT
                            Thanks to everyone who has voted and expressed their opinions and wishes. Since the voting was open until end of March, the thread is closed.
                            Last edited by Mistery; 03-31-2008, 19:28:16. Reason: edited

Comment

Working...
                            X