Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that's how I feel. Here's the quote from Nordinho:

Originally posted by luuk
    Some levels of swell are intended to take days, weeks, even months. Most players take weeks before they reach swell level 20 or beyond.

If you want to play the game as it is intended, you shouldn't even be asking for hints for the first few days on the level. This way you can congratulate yourself when you finally get it. That is where the fun lies in the riddle, otherwise it would be same if you just clicked links on a walkthrough.

Even people who have finished NotPron with all its 139 levels and received a certificate have taken weeks with swell's first 29 levels. The riddlers of this thread, then again, people first heard about the riddle 2 days ago and are now almost done. Can you see something wrong there?

Thus, Kytten - you hadn't been stuck for ages - you hadn't even been stuck.

All I'm saying is be patient and try to solve things for yourself before asking for help. Imagine how long it took us to come up with the riddles. You're not enjoying the game's full potential if you let someone else solve the mysteries for you.

Thanks for reading, keep on swellin'!
    I'm no longer participating in this riddle.
    sigpic

Comment

crimson, this isnt nordhino.
      as far as i'm concerned we're free to continue doing what we're doing within the rules of this forum.

Comment

I'm sorry the Creator feels that way and in my opinion that's going to make a lot of people not want to play the riddle anymore if we can't ask for help, including me. If I can't get pass the level my self and I can't ask for help then I'm not going to play it anymore.

*~The Shining Star of GH~~*

The riddlers gang: Vivi, Sumitra, Hunter, Bizarrochick, Monkey, Archaicdome, and Teeodd!
        June 15th is fundayja day! July 9th is Teeodd day! July 10th is Sumitra day! July 11th is Shining day! September 13th is Crazy day! September 18th is Robot day! October 13th is Party 4 Ever day! March 15th is Archaicdome day!

*~a proud Mommy to be~*

Comment

@Brain--Yes, we are within the rules here and on Nordinho, but I don't like being reprimanded for it. Feel free to continue working on it and giving hints, but I'm done.

@Shining--I completely agree. My idea of enjoying a riddle does not include spending weeks or months on a single level.
          sigpic

Comment

yeah I'm not going to spend a month on a 20 level riddle, Thats not fun to me at all. if it had over 100 like Oddpawn then yeah I would, as long as I could have help through it.

*~The Shining Star of GH~~*

The riddlers gang: Vivi, Sumitra, Hunter, Bizarrochick, Monkey, Archaicdome, and Teeodd!
            June 15th is fundayja day! July 9th is Teeodd day! July 10th is Sumitra day! July 11th is Shining day! September 13th is Crazy day! September 18th is Robot day! October 13th is Party 4 Ever day! March 15th is Archaicdome day!

*~a proud Mommy to be~*

Comment

i also agree , if we could'nt help each other , they would'nt have very many people playing , its part of the fun on these forums , each and every person has their weaknesses and strengths and , share them between each other , thats what the forums are here for , its not a school exam , after all
              Just keep smiling !!!

Comment

ok so how many of us stopped playing after that statement by the creators?
                crimsonthread & shiningstar for sure.
                you as well flossy?

count me as done. can't get level 7.
                i already know the answer IS NOT Indonesia.
                I have nothing else I can guess.

i already deleted all my links to the game. this will be my final post here.
                well done creator of this game. you just alienated your players.

Comment

me as well ,brains !! its just not worth it , i'm past being told off !!!!!
                  Just keep smiling !!!

Comment

No offence but who says we need to listen to the creator. I usually try to respect everyones wishes but this is a game forum designed to help people if there having trouble on a game. its meant to be fun and without nudges here and there alot of people would give up. Its not nearly as fun doing a riddle alone, its a shame the creators acting like this because its a good riddle. I cant speak for anyone else but I'm not going to let them ruin our fun and I will continue the riddle and will be willing to hint if anyone needs it.

Comment

I am not playing this riddle, (though this all made me curious about it), but I agree with you all.

It's not the first time a riddle creator wished from the players to solve their riddles all by themselves. However I think the players are free to choose if they would like some help with it or not. Most riddle players will first try to solve a level by themselves but when they get stuck or ran out of ideas they ask for a little help or nudge. That is also the purpose of this whole thread.
                      Walkthroughs, answers and even too big spoilers are not allowed here (like everyone knows). And the same counts for Nordinho.
                      Generally I respect the wishes of a game creator, but I really think it is too much asked to expect from people to be stuck for weeks or even months.

And I agree, solving riddles together, especially tough ones, just doubles the fun.
                      Last edited by Adventure; 06-25-2008, 02:01:04. Reason: moved added part to new post.
                      Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

It really depends on the person and the riddle. I know of people who have literally zoomed through Zest and that is supposed to be one of the hardest riddles around. I know at least person who if I am not mistaken took less than 2 months to get through the bulk of notpr0n. He stopped at the point where you have to pay now to continue on. You can't EXPECT everyone to be stuck on a riddle for x amount of time... a creator has to realize that people move at different paces and people think differently. Many think inside the box very well. Some think... WAaaaay outside the box.. (what some of us call "sideways thinking") and can get a level that is meant to be hard instantly (then the easy levels trip them...lol).

Its not so much the "difficulty" factor.. it is more how this is being presented... I can understand the creator's desire to minimize answers and spoilers but a) he's getting a little heavy handed and b)he's trying to herd people to the IRC chat.

But I digress...I've been a veteran of riddles for well on 3 years now....have had easy, medium, hard and nigh on ridiculous and poorly tested.

Do the riddles because you want to. It does help to have a creator who is willing to help. I know of at least two creators who hates having walkthtroughs/answers out there on forums.. but.. the difference is they work together with the moderators behind the scenes... AND accept that SOME places will do it anyway (and change up a level once in a while to catch those who do look at those sites...)

it ain't a perfect world

Comment

Just went to Nordinho to read the whole conversation myself.
                          Originally posted by luuk
                          Do not get me wrong - I also think the best way to work on riddles is to collaborate, play together with other people, form a group or ask for hints every now and then, but as I've read through this thread I've noticed people telling a riddler in trouble straightforwardly what to do next.

That is spoiling in the worst meaning of the word, I think. And even if the person in need of help would like that, there are others who might read the hint afterwards and get more information than they really wanted.

So, I'd like for the hints (even behind spoiler tags) to be remain as they should be - cunning hints, not straightforward notes on how to proceed. We REALLY don't want walkthroughs walking by the net.

I'm using level 3 as an example here - it's an early level and kind of part of the tutorial, so it's fitting for this purpose:

So I say, work together! Have fun! Absolutely Just be careful when you give out hints. If you want to be more specific, talk in private.
                          I do understand what the creator means and I think what the creator tells in the quote above is mostly reasonable. I too read now and then hints who spoiled more than I personally liked. But I know it is sometimes hard to give hints without spoiling too much. And then again, what for someone might be a too much of a spoiler, could be fun savior for someone else. Everyone can decide for themselves what is a proper hint. And most of us will use the PM system to give bigger hints. Besides it's hard if not impossible to make rules or a guidance for what is a too spoilly hint or not.
                          Once again, seriously too big spoilers which ruins it all will be deleted.

Originally posted by Duckboy
                          Many think inside the box very well. Some think... WAaaaay outside the box.. (what some of us call "sideways thinking") and can get a level that is meant to be hard instantly (then the easy levels trip them...lol).
                          Lol, that is sooo true.
                          Faily of Kzin

sigpic

Comment

I was on level 1, and the hint i got for the first free 10 hints didn't correspond

Comment

I am just not a fan hard riddles with all the tricks, bells and whistles. It seems the idea is to pass a really hard level and be self-rewarded that you "got inside the creators head" mano a mano and go on. BUT naturally people are going to want to tell friends how they did it.

But no worries for me since I stay away from those riddles. Someday a creator will create a riddle that is solvable but no one else can solve. But to prove he/she was right he/she will have to give the answer or at least a clue and then they will be breaking their own rule.

Comment

level 10

I found 5 eggs but, I'm not sure how knowing about each character helps me. can I get a hint please?

Comment

Working...
                                X