Age Ratings for Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age Ratings for Games?

I think that all games posted should have a rating like {ALL} {7+} {13+} {16+} {ADULT} And then SEVERAL REASONS WHY. Like,this is what it would contain. (Here is one for...a bloody scary and explicit game.) {16+} {Scary, Gory and explicit scenes} {Freakish things jump out at you, some graphic scenes along with language and explicit scenes} The reason for this I think is because for many people out there, have overactive imaginations. (Like me) And if someone just says "Its not scary", Well thats from THEIR point of view. But it could be really scary to others! And also if someone says it is scary and really isn't, then many will not be able to play a perfectly good game. A moderator could approve or disapprove the rating and change it to the appropriate rating. Hope this will help..

Thanks for your suggestion

Well, sometimes it wouldn't be easy to make a specific rating, because it's also an individual (and as we have experienced also a cultural) thing. So people might disagree on some ratings.

But we usually use in the first post of the threads
    "not suitable for children" which is comparable to 12+
    "not suitable for young players" which might be around 15/16+
    and if there is adult content, we also add this to the first post.

If you find games (old threads), that lack this information, feel free to send a PM to a moderator

Comment

I just wish they would post more detail like.... "scary" is to general... "scary: Things pop out at you" is more helpful. (Like I can handle some scary games but others....nahah)I am sure a lot of people are like that.

Comment

I don't see the need to have age ratings on forum posts, unless they are very graphic or vulgar in nature. Honestly, I never even gave a second glance at forums when I was younger, but who knows. Like I said, maybe ratings for specific topics.

Comment

Working...
        X